i love this mod!

i just currently have a bug where the zombie models have replaced my models for the default men, as well as i cannot spawn individual men in the editor... i have submmited the bug in mantis hope it gets resolved soon!

i love this mod!

i just currently have a bug where the zombie models have replaced my models for the default men, as well as i cannot spawn individual men in the editor... i have submmited the bug in mantis hope it gets resolved soon!

Have you posted this on Mantis before? Someone did a few weeks back but never responded back.

Anyway, I am yet again unable to reproduce this. I'll contact you further on Mantis.

Anyone else lost the hit animation on cars and units, they look at me now but i do take damage. I am using this with exile framework

Can any Exile server admin/developer verify that BIS_fnc_MP isn't blocked by their server? It's the method used for syncing the attack animations over the network. Works on my end, dedicated server tested. I do believe since 1.48-1.50 there's a way to block it though.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Yeah Exile has remote execute commands locked down.
Exile has its own system / functions to call to sent network messages

Look @Exile  config + search for CfgNetworkMessages
Where you will need to define it the message and the passed parameters datatypes

• Like 1

Yeah Exile has remote execute commands locked down.

Exile has its own system / functions to call to sent network messages

Look @Exile  config + search for CfgNetworkMessages

Where you will need to define it the message and the passed parameters datatypes

classBIS_fnc_MP 
{
module="BIS_fnc_MP";
parameters[]=
{
"STRING",
"SCALAR"
};
};

Like this you would mean?

any non mod medic scripts work for this mod? seems farooqs does not revive a downed player.

Can any Exile server admin/developer verify that BIS_fnc_MP isn't blocked by their server? It's the method used for syncing the attack animations over the network. Works on my end, dedicated server tested. I do believe since 1.48-1.50 there's a way to block it though.

I know for a fact that BIS_fnc_MP is blocked in Epoch. I can report the same issue. Zombie stands close and I get hit with no animation.

Are you able to add exceptions? If so we might be able to add a function for the animation and you can whitelist it. I'm not entirely sure how that works (it's a brand new thing)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

More fun, this time with the lightsout script, and a flare script I cobbled together that pops flares in advance of the player from time to time...

Gonna work on a unitcapture extraction next... once I can fight my way through that pinchpoint :D

So I am using the Civilian Occupation System to dynamically populate every city on the map, and I've added an array filled with other locations like HQ and barracks buildings. Whenever I spawn Zombies using this method they instantly attack each other. If infection is turned on they still attack each other but then rise up as new zombies, the risen ones no longer attack other zombies.  I am spawning OpFor zombies on side East.

Any ideas?  i think it started happening 2 versions back.

Synnr, you'll have to send the code. I think you might be using the wrong classnames.

Done. :)

wow awesome, thx a lot.

Have 1 more question. Is possible to make new spawners trigger deactivation parameter.

For example:

I created new spawn module with this parameters

class Item1
		{
			side="LOGIC";
			class Vehicles
			{
				items=1;
				class Item0
				{
					position[]={12394.477,21.695965,15714.702};
					placement=250;
					class args
					{
						items=12;
						class Item0
						{
							value="0.7";
							parentCls="RyanZM_ModuleSpawn";
							typeName="Side";
						};
						class Item1
						{
							value="0.6";
							typeName="Type";
						};
						class Item2
						{
							value="0.3";
							typeName="Activation";
						};
						class Item3
						{
							value="0.9";
							typeName="Activation2";
						};
						class Item4
						{
							value="250";
							typeName="ActivationRadius";
						};
						class Item5
						{
							value="10";
							typeName="AliveAmount";
						};
						class Item6
						{
							value="10000";
							typeName="TotalAmount";
						};
						class Item7
						{
							value="5";
							typeName="Start";
						};
						class Item8
						{
							value="0";
							typeName="Frequency";
						};
						class Item9
						{
							value="1";
							typeName="Delay";
						};
						class Item10
						{
							value="250";
							typeName="Density";
						};
						class Item11
						{
							value="10000";
							typeName="HordeSize";
						};
					};
					id=100;
					side="LOGIC";
					vehicle="RyanZM_ModuleSpawn";
					leader=1;
					lock="UNLOCKED";
					skill=0.60000002;
				};
			};
		};

Trigger every time spawning zombies, even if player not on trigger radius. I mean, player first step on trigger radius, zombie spawned and go to kill player. PLayer go out of range of trigger, kill zombies, but zombies again spawning every time, but player not in range of trigger.

I need, when player on trigger radius zombie spawning, when player go out of range of trigger, zombie stop spawning.

Will be useful for sandbox type of missions. 

Thank you :)

Your request is the intended behaviour. I will do some testing to see if this is a legitimate bug.

Zombies should stop spawning once you've left the trigger area.

Edit: silly sir, you have placed the placement radius of the logic to 250m...this means the module will spawn somewhere at random in a 250m radius. This is not desired now is it?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

oops sorry, i found that was my mistake. I made horde size 10000, and it will spawn untill all horde will not spawn.

Just wanted to make random spawn inside city :)

1 more question. How to add ability only for 1 spawner zombie, not for all? Like 1 spawner zombie hasn't any abilities, 2 spawner zombie has jumping ability.

Sorry for my newbie questions :)

Good to hear you fixed it.

Anyway, at the moment it is not possible to add abilities to certain zombies or certain zombie kinds. However this will be looked into for future updates.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Synnr, you'll have to send the code. I think you might be using the wrong classnames.

COScivPool =["RyanZombieC_man_1medium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_1_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_4_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_5_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_6_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_p_fugitive_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_w_worker_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_scientist_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_hunter_1_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_pilot_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_journalist_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_Orestesmedium", "RyanZombieC_Nikosmedium"];

there is some code to randomize chosen units and postiion to _tempunit and _temppos

_unit = _grp createUnit [_tempUnit, _tempPos, ["this switchmove 'AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_SaluteOut'; [this] exec '\ryanzombies\count.sqf'"],0,"None"];	

They spawn in group but then its civil war and instantly attack each other.

hey there all,

so I'm trying to get this on my epoch server but i think im having a bit of trouble understanding in the installation instructions. i tried to open the epoch mission in the mission editor and add a spawning module and some waypoints. in the editor everything seemed to be working fine while previewing but when i saved the file, it came out to a 4kb mission file with just the code for the zombies in it. since there is no way to add this to epoch mission.sqf, how do i get this onto my server?

COScivPool =["RyanZombieC_man_1medium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_1_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_4_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_5_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_6_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_p_fugitive_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_w_worker_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_scientist_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_hunter_1_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_pilot_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_journalist_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_Orestesmedium", "RyanZombieC_Nikosmedium"];

there is some code to randomize chosen units and postiion to _tempunit and _temppos

_unit = _grp createUnit [_tempUnit, _tempPos, ["this switchmove 'AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_SaluteOut'; [this] exec '\ryanzombies\count.sqf'"],0,"None"];	

They spawn in group but then its civil war and instantly attack each other.

Just like I thought, you're using the wrong classnames. Due to arma limitations there are separate classnames for every zombie on every side.

So the independent zombie's classname would be: RyanZombieC_man_1medium

The opfor variant is: RyanZombieC_man_1MediumOpfor

I think the classnames are valid if you just add 'Opfor' to the end of each individual classname, however I'm not sure. You might have to find the classnames in the config file ;)

hey there all,

so I'm trying to get this on my epoch server but i think im having a bit of trouble understanding in the installation instructions. i tried to open the epoch mission in the mission editor and add a spawning module and some waypoints. in the editor everything seemed to be working fine while previewing but when i saved the file, it came out to a 4kb mission file with just the code for the zombies in it. since there is no way to add this to epoch mission.sqf, how do i get this onto my server?

It sounds to me like you're still very inexperienced in the mission editing area, I wouldn't advise trying to modify Epoch with such inexperience. However that's all up to you.

I have read that some people got this to work with Epoch but the attack animations & certain sounds weren't synchronized because Epoch locks down the remote execution of some of the commands that this mod uses. So at the moment Epoch is partially incompatible.

Either way, I have no experience with Epoch mission editing, but make sure that when you save it, you save the mission with the same name as the original Epoch mission folder (where the scripts are located).

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Just like I thought, you're using the wrong classnames. Due to arma limitations there are separate classnames for every zombie on every side.

So the independent zombie's classname would be: RyanZombieC_man_1medium

The opfor variant is: RyanZombieC_man_1MediumOpfor

Kind regards,

Sanchez

You can solve this problem instantaneously, by having a simple custom magazine equiped to the zombie. Then in your code you could do:

if (!("tag_customMag" in magazines _zed_target)) then { //Checks if the victim does not have the custom mag

//CODE
};

The benefit of this, is that any zombie that has that magazine, will not be attacked. However, if a unit does not have the magazine, the zombie will then begin to chase that target.

Just a little advise from my knowledge of my current developing mod. ;)

• Like 1

Actually, the zombies configured on separate sides & separate classnames is a desired feature as it will make mission editing & zeus editing a lot easier (no need to group an independent zombie to an opfor-0%-presence unit).

Additionally, instead of a custom mag, the usage of setVariable & getVariable works perfectly as well.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

haha yea you're definately right about that, pleantly inexperienced here, but i feel ive been doing a pretty solid job so far at putting together a server if i do say so myself, and am looking to learn more. this is however the first file where i think i would actually have to edit the actually epoch mission.sqf. I have seen this mod working on a couple epoch servers such as BigSL but only on their cherno/aussie maps, and to be honest even if the animations and sounds were a little off, it still felt more like a2 dayz epoch which i really enjoyed. ill try go to Big himself, see if he can point me in the right direction, anything ill find ill update here so others might be able to get this going for epoch.

Actually, the zombies configured on separate sides & separate classnames is a desired feature as it will make mission editing & zeus editing a lot easier (no need to group an independent zombie to an opfor-0%-presence unit).

Additionally, instead of a custom mag, the usage of setVariable & getVariable works perfectly as well.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I took the classnames from logicopfor.sqf under #Ryanzombieslogicspawnmedium1opfor

my _grp is also EAST. 

I will double check my classnames, thanks

#Ryanzombieslogicspawnmedium1opfor
~0.5 + random 1
if (isnil "ryanzombiesstart") then {ryanzombiesstart = 5}
if (isnil "ryanzombiesdelay") then {ryanzombiesdelay = 0.5}
if (isnil "ryanzombiescurrentamount") then {ryanzombiescurrentamount = 0}
if (isnil "ryanzombiestotalamount") then {ryanzombiestotalamount = 10000}
if (isnil "ryanzombiesamount") then {ryanzombiesamount = 100}
if (isnil "ryanzombiesfrequency") then {ryanzombiesfrequency = 60}
if (isnil "ryanzombiesactivation") then {ryanzombiesactivation = 0.9}
if (isnil "ryanzombieshordesize") then {ryanzombieshordesize = 14}
_array = ["RyanZombieC_man_1medium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_1_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_4_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_5_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_6_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_p_fugitive_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_w_worker_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_scientist_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_hunter_1_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_pilot_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_journalist_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_Orestesmedium", "RyanZombieC_Nikosmedium"]
~ryanzombiesstart