In testing my escape edit last night, when I preview the mission locally from editor I have an issue with Zombie spawners that was reported a few pages back - the zombie group spawns fine, but just stays clustered on the spawn until they spot me. Also, I have Independent set to Friendly to no one, but the Zombies will only attack blufor, walking straight past stationary opfor units (that are not attacking them either).

The spawners are the ones from the last version of the mod, should I try replacing them all? Any other suggestions would be great. My goal is to have the Zed spawns move around a bit, and engage opfor units as well as blufor.

I tried adding a waypoint module, but this just caused the hoard to spawn on the waypoint - they still did not move.  

so, my questions are:

• How do I ensure Zombies attack both blufor and Opfor?
  • How to I make the hoard move after spawning in?

I can post mission files or video if this would help. 

I'd hate to bring this up, even though this short discussion is about EXILE. The EXILE mod has bunched up almost 14% of community scripts and addons/other mods in their mod. (Which I believe is against the Author's & Moderator's Rights: amar.arma3.fr )

Did they get any permission from those authors in the first place, or have they avoided this community because of that violation? (Don't get me wrong, its a great mod. But I need to know if they are legally clean of violations)

I'm just curious, thats all. I don't want my upcoming mod to be quietly sneaked into their mod, which I would call "Mod-Jacking".

• How do I ensure Zombies attack both blufor and Opfor?
  • How to I make the hoard move after spawning in?

You using the new spawner or the old ones? If the new one, double check the spawner under "Side" is set to independent, not Opfor. I just tried it and it works fine for me - they attack blufor and opfor (with indepedent friendly to nobody).

Waypoints are under game logics, not modules. Unforuantely you can only place one and it works for every zombie. You can move it at anytime though with this script "ryanzombieslogicwaypoint setpos position newspot"

You could use a "Roaming enabled" game logic instead of a waypoint. So they'll wander around their general area.

Did they get any permission from those authors in the first place, or have they avoided this community because of that violation? (Don't get me wrong, its a great mod. But I need to know if they are legally clean of violations)

This addon is standalone. I haven't tried playing Exile with this addon yet but I'm assuming you would have to download this addon seperately to Exile.

• Like 1

Updated first post. Sorry for releasing another update so quick. Definetely recommend getting this if you play it in Multiplayer as that has been highly improved - certain sounds only played for the host, such as car throwing and jumping. This is is fixed now, and FPS should be much higher (if not hosting).

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.6 - STEAM WORKSHOP

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.6 - DROPBOX

- Major script improvements for multiplayer. Performance and gameplay highly improved and all sounds now work properly for all clients.
- Fixed ACE damage error and some minor bugs with the "Spawner" module.

Could you go over the needed game logics and modules again. For example in my last mission i was placing game logics for each zombie spawner along with a roaming game logic and delete game logic for each. But reading the above posts its seems I only need 1 roaming and 1 delete logic period. Is that the case? I assume I still need multiple zombie spawners for each areas I want them to spawn. Thanks

with this new update i cant find the new module setting, also i see that side activation is gone from zombie setting module im quite confused.

Could you go over the needed game logics and modules again. For example in my last mission i was placing game logics for each zombie spawner along with a roaming game logic and delete game logic for each. But reading the above posts its seems I only need 1 roaming and 1 delete logic period. Is that the case? I assume I still need multiple zombie spawners for each areas I want them to spawn. Thanks

Only one logic...those are setting logics so yeah...one needed..not for each spawner. And yep, multiple spawners if you wish.

xrushxclan, you sure its gone?

The damage issues with ACE3 seem to be fixed. My issue now tho is that the zombies kill the players even if I have it set up so players will only go unconscious instead of die.

My ace modules are as follows....

Basic medic settings,

Prevent instant death,

Revive setting players only with a 300sec bleed out timer. (Prevents death completely but will die after 300 seconds).

Seems as tho zombie damage overwrites ace settings and preventing revives. Zombies can still hurt downed players were in my missions downed players can't take further damage even from grenades etc. The players only option in the revive module is what handles this.

Thanks.

Is there a revive that works with this? Farooqs may be?

I've used revive scripts yeah they work. Don't work well with ACE3 though :(

Edited.... Actually Farooqs revive does not work if killed by a zombie either?!

Only one logic...those are setting logics so yeah...one needed..not for each spawner. And yep, multiple spawners if you wish.

xrushxclan, you sure its gone?

yeh, when i go onto the zombie settings module it doesn't have the activation side and when i load my map up it says something about 'RyanZM_ModuleZombieDeletion gone' but i can still open the map, i just get that error and some of the things are gone from the modules, unless im being stupid and looking in the wrong place XD

ACE3 advanced medical damage won't trigger with setHit. Dunno why, though, as I'm reading the names of hitpoints from the ingame config and they are all correct.

I think I'm gonna ask to them on how to resolve this.

So for body cleaning you only need one game logic and for jumping and can place it anywhere on the map ? the new spawner module u can place as many as u want doesnt effect the game ?

Also, the zombies do check for new targets. I was playing earlier tonight...was in a tank..got out...they kept on attacking the tank for like 2-3 more seconds and then they went after me. Did they never stop attacking the vehicle for you?

They did not stop attacking the vehicle even after 30 seconds while I was standing in plain sight next to them. 

They did not stop attacking the vehicle even after 30 seconds while I was standing in plain sight next to them. 

Can you make a small mission on the editor where you are able to reproduce this constantly? If so, send it to me, please.

So for body cleaning you only need one game logic and for jumping and can place it anywhere on the map ? the new spawner module u can place as many as u want doesnt effect the game ?

The jumping & body cleaning are 'settings' logics. So they define whether or not a feature of the zombies will be used, thus you only need one on the whole map, anywhere.

The new spawner module is one that was heavily requested, you can place as many on the map as your PC can handle ;) 

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Can I link separate spawners to separate logic zombie waypoints?

I dont want every zombie on the map to make their way to 1 waypoint. Thanks

Is there a way to turn down the amount of Zombies?

The zombie spawner module and logic spawner settings module have all the settings u need to reduce zombies etc. 

Can I link separate spawners to separate logic zombie waypoints?

I dont want every zombie on the map to make their way to 1 waypoint. Thanks

Not as of yet I think.

hmm i still cant find the side activate thing, i tried on 'zombie settings' module and its not there, the other modules i see are just health ones.

hmm i still cant find the side activate thing, i tried on 'zombie settings' module and its not there, the other modules i see are just health ones.

Side activate is on the actual spawner.

Additionally, the gamelogic zombie settings have the option. I have a feeling you have a terribly outdated version of this mod. Please verify.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Ryan and MrSanches,

2.5 works OK on my Epoch server. I created a bunch of triggers in the cities of Taviana and they trigger spawner script. Zombies run after me (east) and they also attack bots (resistance).

After replacing the mod with 2.6 though using exactly the same logic, the zombies are getting spawned but they just stand there or loiter without attacking anyone.

~0.5

#first
_logic = _this select 0
_paramsArray = _this select 1

_spawnRadius = _paramsArray select 0
_spawnRegular = _paramsArray select 1
_spawnDemons = _paramsArray select 2

diag_log format["Z Spawner: _paramsArray=%1",_paramsArray]

if (isnil "ryanzombiesstart") then {ryanzombiesstart = 5}
if (isnil "ryanzombiesdelay") then {ryanzombiesdelay = 0.5}
if (isnil "ryanzombiescurrentamount") then {ryanzombiescurrentamount = 0}
ryanzombiesamount = 8
ryanzombiestotalamount = 1000
if (isnil "ryanzombiesfrequency") then {ryanzombiesfrequency = 180}
if (isnil "ryanzombiesactivation") then {ryanzombiesactivation = 0.9}
if (isnil "ryanzombieshordesize") then {ryanzombieshordesize = 8}

if (isnil "ryanzombiesdeletion") then {ryanzombiesdeletion = 1}
if (isnil "Ryanzombieslogicroam") then {Ryanzombieslogicroam = 1}

Ryanzombiesjump = 1
Ryanzombiescanthrow = 1
Ryanzombiescanthrowtank = 0
Ryanzombiescanthrowdistance = 30
ryanzombiescanthrowtankdistance = 0

Ryanzombiesdamagecar = 0.005
Ryanzombiesdamageair = 0.005
Ryanzombiesdamagetank = 0

Ryanzombiesdamagetankstrenth = 0

_slowZs = ["RyanZombieC_man_1slow", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_1_Fslow", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_Fslow", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_4_Fslow", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_5_Fslow", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_6_Fslow", "RyanZombieC_man_p_fugitive_Fslow", "RyanZombieC_man_w_worker_Fslow", "RyanZombieC_scientist_Fslow", "RyanZombieC_man_hunter_1_Fslow", "RyanZombieC_man_pilot_Fslow", "RyanZombieC_journalist_Fslow", "RyanZombieC_Orestesslow", "RyanZombieC_Nikosslow", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_02_fslow", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_02_f_1slow", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_02_f_1_1slow", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_03_fslow", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_03_f_1slow", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_03_f_1_1slow", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_04_fslow", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_04_f_1slow", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_04_f_1_1slow", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_lite_Fslow", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_lite_F_1slow"]
_mediumZs = ["RyanZombieC_man_1medium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_1_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_4_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_5_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_6_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_p_fugitive_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_w_worker_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_scientist_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_hunter_1_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_man_pilot_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_journalist_Fmedium", "RyanZombieC_Orestesmedium", "RyanZombieC_Nikosmedium", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_02_fmedium", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_02_f_1medium", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_02_f_1_1medium", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_03_fmedium", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_03_f_1medium", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_03_f_1_1medium", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_04_fmedium", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_04_f_1medium", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_04_f_1_1medium", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_lite_Fmedium", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_lite_F_1medium"]
_fastZs = ["RyanZombieC_man_1", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_1_F", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_2_F", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_4_F", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_5_F", "RyanZombieC_man_polo_6_F", "RyanZombieC_man_p_fugitive_F", "RyanZombieC_man_w_worker_F", "RyanZombieC_scientist_F", "RyanZombieC_man_hunter_1_F", "RyanZombieC_man_pilot_F", "RyanZombieC_journalist_F", "RyanZombieC_Orestes", "RyanZombieC_Nikos", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_02_f", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_02_f_1", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_02_f_1_1", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_03_f", "RyanZombieB_Soldier_03_f_1","RyanZombieB_Soldier_03_f_1_1","RyanZombieB_Soldier_04_f","RyanZombieB_Soldier_04_f_1","RyanZombieB_Soldier_04_f_1_1","RyanZombieB_Soldier_lite_F","RyanZombieB_Soldier_lite_F_1"]
_spiderZs = ["RyanZombieSpider1", "RyanZombieSpider2", "RyanZombieSpider3", "RyanZombieSpider4", "RyanZombieSpider5", "RyanZombieSpider6", "RyanZombieSpider7", "RyanZombieSpider8", "RyanZombieSpider9", "RyanZombieSpider10", "RyanZombieSpider11", "RyanZombieSpider12", "RyanZombieSpider13", "RyanZombieSpider14"]
_demonZs = ["RyanZombieboss1","RyanZombieboss2","RyanZombieboss3","RyanZombieboss4","RyanZombieboss5","RyanZombieboss6","RyanZombieboss7","RyanZombieboss8","RyanZombieboss9","RyanZombieboss10","RyanZombieboss11","RyanZombieboss12","RyanZombieboss13","RyanZombieboss14"]

ryanzombiescurrentamount = missionNamespace getVariable [format ["%1_ZsInThisZone", _logic], 0]
if (ryanzombiescurrentamount < 0) then {ryanzombiescurrentamount=0}

diag_log format["Z Spawner: _ZsInThisZone=%1",ryanzombiescurrentamount]

if (ryanzombiescurrentamount > ryanzombiesamount) then  {goto "end"}

_grp = createGroup civilian
_x = ryanzombiescurrentamount
_randChance = floor(random(100))
_numToSpawn = floor(random(ryanzombieshordesize))

#loop

_zombieTypes = []

if (_spawnRegular) then {_zombieTypes = [[_slowZs,100],[_mediumZs,50],[_fastZs,15],[_spiderZs,30]]}
if (_spawnDemons) then {_zombieTypes pushback [_demonZs,3]}
_arraySelect = _zombieTypes call BIS_fnc_selectRandom
	if ((_arraySelect select 1) > _randChance) then {
		_x = _x + 1
		_array = _arraySelect select 0
		_random = _array select floor random count _array
		if (ryanzombiescurrentamount > ryanzombiestotalamount) then {goto "end"}
		if (ryanzombiescurrentamount < ryanzombiesamount) then {format ["%1",_random] createunit [position _logic, _grp, format ["this switchmove 'AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_SaluteOut';this setpos [(getpos this select 0) + random %1 - random %2, (getpos this select 1) + random %3 - random %4]; [this] exec '\ryanzombies\count.sqf'",_spawnRadius,_spawnRadius,_spawnRadius,_spawnRadius]] }
		if (ryanzombiescurrentamount < ryanzombiesamount) then {ryanzombiescurrentamount = ryanzombiescurrentamount + 1}
		if (ryanzombiescurrentamount < ryanzombiesamount) then {missionNamespace setVariable [format ["%1_ZsInThisZone", _logic], ryanzombiescurrentamount] }
		if (ryanzombiescurrentamount < ryanzombiesamount) then {diag_log format["Z Spawner: Adding a Z : ryanzombiescurrentamount=%1",ryanzombiescurrentamount] }
		~ryanzombiesdelay
	}
if (_x < _numToSpawn) then {goto "loop"}
deletegroup _grp
~ryanzombiesfrequency
goto "loop"

#end