Not really.    The Exile-Z mod tries to change behavior (badly) instead of using Ryans excellent work.

I am calling Ryans zombies(opfor) in unaltered and they damage players, fight NPC units and work exactly as they should.

i will probably open my server sometime this weekend for wider testing.

would you mind telling your setup with the mods plz. I know exile has a server and client side mod depending. I have not been able to join the exile site to read up on their server mod setup. Anyone able to explain this please? thanks too!

FYI, i would like to set up a serverside mod with ryans and exile prolly on esseker or something similar.

Love the mod! Keep up!

I have two ideas for you:

You should, if possible, make the eyes of some material like glas or plastic, something that reflects a flashlight. Would be a really nice effect at night  :)

You should make the sounds of slowed down baby cries, like this:

I tested it my self and it sounds great in game  :D

There are tons of normal babycries out there you can pitch down yourself...

Ryan will release an update tomorrow or the day after fixing the situation with Exile.

It will also include various other features, none I will spoil right now :)

Also, Chain and his community confirmed our suspicion on the setHit (no damage) issue. There were some locality issues and we reverted back to what we did in the versions prior to the current one.

setDamage is now used again, and if ACE3 is detected running on the server, setHit will be locally used on relevant body parts so that you won't have to bandage each body part individually.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Those baby sounds are so funny! :lol: Maybe in future I'll add modules that let you change how the zombies sound. I have some other ideas in mind. :P

And yes, I'll be releasing an update sometime later today after I've just finished testing it all.

Now zombies can now attack civilians. We've fixed the damage issue with both Exile and Ace. Well, MrSanchez did mostly. There's now a spawn animation for the spider zombies. I have also re-done the scripts quiet a bit. Now it runs smoother and more effeciently and it may increase frame rate for some people hopefully. With the new scripts, zombies don't stop for a couple seconds at where their target last was, now they constantly move towards their target, even if you're backing up or running away.

I also added a new module which is a spawner itself. Well, MrSanchez helped quiet a lot with that. The module has the usual options (max alive at once, etc), and a few extra new ones and they only affect that spawner. You can choose what side the zombies spawn on (including blufor), and there's also an extra "activation" slot, so if needed, 2 different sides can activate it. I have still kept the old game logic spawners and spawner settings module for compatibility with older missions.

• Like 1

would you mind telling your setup with the mods plz. I know exile has a server and client side mod depending. I have not been able to join the exile site to read up on their server mod setup. Anyone able to explain this please? thanks too!

FYI, i would like to set up a serverside mod with ryans and exile prolly on esseker or something similar.

Spawn the zombies in any method you choose.  I ended up using a custom init line to keep them from attacking each other.  I opened the Exile map and put the game logics and modules to control behavior how I wanted.

this code is no longer required
Edited by synnr

Updated first post

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.5 - STEAM WORKSHOP

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.5 - DROPBOX

- Zombies can now attack civilians.
- Fixed zombies damage issue with both Exile and Ace.
- New spawn animation for the spider zombies.
- Major script changes to improve performance and efficiency.
- Zombies don't stop for a couple seconds at where their target last was, now they constantly move towards their target.
- Added a new module which is a spawner itself. The options you choose only affect that spawner. I have still kept the old game logic spawners and spawner settings module for compatibility with older missions.

• Like 2

I <3 this mod.

I made a version of CO10 Escape ported to lingor and with about 25 zombie spawners all over the island - it was fucking great when we tested last night. Will update to the latest version and test again - on the test we did last night, I had some issues with target prioritization: The Opfor Unit would rather shoot at Blefor than at the charging zombie hoard!Is the zombie hoard classed as independent or civilian? IT was probably me doing the settings wrong anyway, lol!

Ryan, this mod is top class - thanks to you, your partner, and sanchez for putting the time in to bring this out!

Will try at home forma ACE compat. Thanks!

I'll investigate.

Is this in SP or MP?

Hey,

Found the issue...should've been fixed a long time ago XD but yeah...basically we used 'legs' instead of 'leg_l' and 'leg_r'.

This will be fixed in an update that will probably come out tomorrow or the day after. We found a bug within the spawner that has been fixed too.

Sorry for not figuring this out earlier :P

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Will this fix the damage we take when hit by a zombie?

Currently when using ace3 if a zombie hits me or smashes against my Vic I take damage to every body part. Which means I have to use 6 bandages every time I get hit (if it's minor damage). Is it supposed to damage my arm etc if Z attacks near my arm?

SCRATCH THAT. JUST NOTICED AN UPDATE TODAY LOL. WILL TRY AGAIN LATER.

The zombies work well with ALiVE if I place down the units I want in my mission I can set ALiVE to virtualize all editor placed units and set my spawn distance. Can even give them waypoints that they'll follow while virtualized :) Helps server performance and any placed modules or gamelogics still work along side it.

Having trouble getting them to attack the random civs though?! AGAIN WILL TRY NEW UPDATE LATER.

Hahaha

No problem, as long as it is fixed, is OK. I was going to give it myslef a try and look at the file to see what was happening.

Will wait for the update.

Stu, when zombies hit you outside the vehicle, does it only hurt your torso (1 bandage?)

Also, Stu - Zombies are now capable of attacking civilians, could you elaborate how this doesn't work for you?

@zriel - Good to hear.

Stu, when zombies hit you outside the vehicle, does it only hurt your torso (1 bandage?)

Also, Stu - Zombies are now capable of attacking civilians, could you elaborate how this doesn't work for you?

@zriel - Good to hear.

Think I'm still on last version. Didn't see update DERP.

Will try later lol

Will this fix the damage we take when hit by a zombie?

Currently when using ace3 if a zombie hits me or smashes against my Vic I take damage to every body part. Which means I have to use 6 bandages every time I get hit (if it's minor damage). Is it supposed to damage my arm etc if Z attacks near my arm?

SCRATCH THAT. JUST NOTICED AN UPDATE TODAY LOL. WILL TRY AGAIN LATER.

The zombies work well with ALiVE if I place down the units I want in my mission I can set ALiVE to virtualize all editor placed units and set my spawn distance. Can even give them waypoints that they'll follow while virtualized :) Helps server performance and any placed modules or gamelogics still work along side it.

Having trouble getting them to attack the random civs though?! AGAIN WILL TRY NEW UPDATE LATER.

What's the advantage of alive with this mod?

Awesome mod! Thanks Ryan!

I'm running an Epoch server on Taviana and I noticed that when I'm exiting a vehicle to fight zombies, they would attack my vehicle without even noticing me! I think it makes sense to check if _target should change every few seconds.

Also, it would be nice to create a mission variable like ryanzombiesinventory = ['bullets','hand guns','food','drink'] so that you are not wasting your bullets killing zombies but can also search their pockets for loot. This is how it was in DayZ and it worked. I understand that it's not something you can add into scenario selection screen. But it may be something you could hardcode and allow us to overwrite..?

Can you add more mission variables to say slow, medium, fast and spider zombies cannot attack vehicles but demons can?

We've discussed a loot table prior and it's something that will likely be implemented. Just not sure about the implementation yet...user friendliness n stuff.

Also, the zombies do check for new targets. I was playing earlier tonight...was in a tank..got out...they kept on attacking the tank for like 2-3 more seconds and then they went after me. Did they never stop attacking the vehicle for you?

Can't say much about the demon-only vehicle attack stuff..sounds reasonable though.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I'm still new to the Arma 3 modding community so forgive me if this is a stupid question. What is the support like for headless clients with this mod? Also, I wanted to let you know that I'm having a blast with some buddies of mine. Excellent work.

We've discussed a loot table prior and it's something that will likely be implemented. Just not sure about the implementation yet...user friendliness n stuff.

Also, the zombies do check for new targets. I was playing earlier tonight...was in a tank..got out...they kept on attacking the tank for like 2-3 more seconds and then they went after me. Did they never stop attacking the vehicle for you?

Can't say much about the demon-only vehicle attack stuff..sounds reasonable though.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Give us an array to populate with optional loot. This way it can be modified however the mission/mod builder wants.  I use something like the following on my Exile server

_zomLoot = ["Exile_Item_Catfood","Exile_Item_PlasticBottleFreshWater","Exile_Item_InstaDoc","Exile_Item_DuctTape","Exile_Item_LightBulb","Exile_Item_Rope"] call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
_zombie additem _zomLoot;

also a Ruger .44 Magnum bolt action rifle

What is the classname for this I can't find it?

Is something up with the armaholic link? get an error saying:

You're not allowed to do this.

Redirecting...

Then it directs to the Login Screen.

also a Ruger .44 Magnum bolt action rifle

What is the classname for this I can't find it?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9rdpq3k1frhpj3/%40Ryanzombies.zip?dl=0

That's version 1.0 of the mod, it comes with a seperate pbo called ryanruger77.pbo. It doesn't need the zombie addon at all. I haven't included it in any other versions as its a bit unrelated. I should probably get someone to change the title of the thread if possible.

I'm running an Epoch server on Taviana and I noticed that when I'm exiting a vehicle to fight zombies, they would attack my vehicle without even noticing me! I think it makes sense to check if _target should change every few seconds.

The target checks are very frequent actually. But it uses findnearestenemy, and empty cars (if an enemy has just gotten out of it) count as an enemy. I've seen AI shoot at empty/disabled tanks, cars, etc. I don't mind zombies doing it either. Zombies are stupid. :P

Still same errors for ACE3 damage.

b17796cab84686beda3d672ff85d1d51.png

Will fix this as MrSanchez said. Do you still get hurt and die from zombie attacks though? Cause I also used sethit "body".