hi,

"Total Zombies Cap" - When the amount you set is reached, spawning will end completely. 

Question: this means the Zed`s for this Spawn Logic or all spawned Zed`s on map ?

If it is "all spawned Zed`s on map", maybe it is possible to make it for one SpawnLogic ?

Greetings Thunder

Is there a way to spawn and control the game logics through script?  For example I'll loop through all cities, place a spawner, update settings and then loop to the next one.  I can do this for say villages, cities, marinas and airports with just a little bit of script instead of a whole lot of manual placement. 

Also a list of class names for zombies would be helpful also.

Exilemod and zombies and demons

I added spawnmodules in mission.sqm

Zombies spawning perfectly and gameplay is very smooth but zombies are not doing any damage to player?

Does any1 know how to fix this?

That's weird and annoying. Since version 2.2 I've changed targets to take damage by "sethit 'body'" instead of "setdamage". Maybe Exile doesn't like it this way for some reason? I dunno. It works fine for me and I've played in other multiplayer games like this fine. Does it not work properly on all Exile servers or just some?

Also a list of class names for zombies would be helpful also.

Unpack the addon and check the config. Or look in logic.sqf and search for "_array =" and you'll find lists of certain types of zombies - those are the spawner scripts so you can find lists of just fast civilians, medium soldiers, etc. depending on the logic you're looking at.

Was fighting some zombies in town and they managed to throw a car into my air support:

http://i.imgur.com/y70uSc7.jpg

• Haha 1

That's weird and annoying. Since version 2.2 I've changed targets to take damage by "sethit 'body'" instead of "setdamage". Maybe Exile doesn't like it this way for some reason? I dunno. It works fine for me and I've played in other multiplayer games like this fine. Does it not work properly on all Exile servers or just some?

Unpack the addon and check the config. Or look in logic.sqf and search for "_array =" and you'll find lists of certain types of zombies - those are the spawner scripts so you can find lists of just fast civilians, medium soldiers, etc. depending on the logic you're looking at.

Was fighting some zombies in town and they managed to throw a car into my air support:

THere are several serveradmins with this problem. --http://www.exilemod.com/forums/topic/question-re-ryans-zombies-and-demons/

Proximity zombie spawnerscript + Zombies and Demons works with Exileservers because it´s the script that´s setting the damage, but I think it´s better to use the "zombies and demons" built in zombiespawners for better "adjustments".

Is there a quick workaround for this? Like an edit of missionfile INIT? I have tried some eventhandlers but can´t figure it out

Zombie damage works fine on Elitemod.  That is what I am working with.

Some highlights from mixed zombie spawners.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972832788/screenshots/

How did you spawn the zombies? With the modules and gamelogics from Ryans Zombies?

I did reproduce this with putting out zombies in editor and not using spawnmodule/gamelogics and started my EXILE testserver.

They still do no damage but I can sometimes die from physix damage.

Healthmeter in EXILE shows temp damage but after a few seconds my health is back to full.

How did you spawn the zombies? With the modules and gamelogics from Ryans Zombies?

I did reproduce this with putting out zombies in editor and not using spawnmodule/gamelogics and started my EXILE testserver.

They still do no damage but I can sometimes die from physix damage.

Healthmeter in EXILE shows temp damage but after a few seconds my health is back to full.

Testing the ACE3 Damage,

10:55:37 Error in expression <_target sethit ["legs",_legs + Ryanzombiesdamage]>

10:55:37   Error position: <_legs + Ryanzombiesdamage]>

10:55:37   Error Variable not defined in expresion: _legs

And I didn' get any damage, until I completely died.

Also, it was always "legs" and no other body part. (every time they hitted me I mean, I use the -showScriptErrors swtich when playing.)

I'm quoting myself as seems that nobody has read my post. Testing the Hotel Encounter mission.

Currently trying to figure out how to fix the Zombie damage in Exile but am having no luck. Has anyone else made progress?

10/10 mod btw Ryan :D

I have never played Exile, probably never will either but it sounds to me like they are using their own method for damage handling. The official Exile developers do not officially support Ryan's zombies mod, right?

I have never played Exile, probably never will either but it sounds to me like they are using their own method for damage handling. The official Exile developers do not officially support Ryan's zombies mod, right?

I don't think they officially support any mod. I believe they do have their own way of setting damage, probably because of the health scanner system they have.

Here is an bit of code taken from ExileServer_object_player_network_loadPlayerRequest.sqf (found in exile_server.pbo)

Just from this you can see they have split the damage between multiple body body parts. Idk if or how or why this would conflict with ryanszombies though....

name _player,
	if (_player getVariable ["ExileIsDead",false]) then {0} else {1},
	damage _player,
	getFatigue _player,
	_player getVariable ["ExileHunger", 100],
	_player getVariable ["ExileThirst", 100],
	_player getVariable ["ExileAlcohol", 0],
	getOxygenRemaining _player,
	getBleedingRemaining _player,
	_player getHitPointDamage "hitHead",
	_player getHitPointDamage "hitBody",
	_player getHitPointDamage "hitHands",
	_player getHitPointDamage "hitLegs",

Edit: Took a look at the exile client mod, just in the config found this. So I would think, the way exile is handling there med system basically nullifies the way Ryan is calling sethit or setdamage. Could be wrong though.

class CfgFirstAid {
	access = ReadAndWrite;
	vehicleFireCoef = 6;
	CollisionFactor = 0.001;
	MinCollisionSpeed = 0.5;
	collisionHeigth = 120;
	collisionAngle = 0;
	MinCosSpeedAngle = 0.6;
	SpeedReduction = 0.242;
	HealingDuration = 4;
	HealingLeaderDistance = 20;
	CriticalHeadHit = 1;
	CriticalBodyHit = 1;
	InjuredTreshold = 0.1;
	HeadHitLimit1Threshold = 0.5;
	HeadHitLimitThreshold = 1.01;
	HeadHitLimit2Threshold = 1.01;
	HandsHitLimit1Threshold = 0.5;
	HandsHitLimit2Threshold = 0.85;
	LegsHitLimit1Threshold = 0.5;
	LegsHitLimit2TThreshold = 0.85;
	firstAidScript = "";
	HealSpeedMedic = 1.5;
	HealSpeedSoldier = 0.05;
	HealSpeedAutomatic = 0.004;
	MinHealingDistance = 10;
	HealDiffMupliplier = 1.2;
	BleedingInjuryMinProjectile = 0.1;
	BleedingInjuryMinExplosion = 0.2;
	BleedingInjuryMinImpulse = 0.4;
	BleedingInjuryMax = 1;
	BleedingFrequency = 1;
	BleedingFrequencyMin = 0.25;
	BleedingFrequencyMiddle = 1;
	BleedingFrequencyMax = 2;
	StabilizeTime = 5;
	BleedingFrequencyMinSound = 0.5;
	BleedingFrequencyMaxSound = 2;
	DrowningInterval = 1;
	DrowningDamage = 0.005;
	InjuredSoundIntervalMin = 2;
	InjuredSoundIntervalMax = 10;
	PulsationSoundInterval = 1;
	BurningSoundInterval = 1;
	ConsumedOxygenThresholdSound = 0.2;
	BreathingFade = 0.2;
	UnconsiousTreshold = 1.01;
	UnconsciousPulsesNumber = 10;
	UnconsciousPulsesOffset = 0.3;
	UnconsciousSoundIntervalMin = 1;
	UnconsciousSoundIntervalMax = 5;
	UnconsciousPulsationSoundVolume = 1;
};

What you posted is primarily the gathering of variables & setting base values but doesn't actually affect the damage in any way. It is however a very strong indication that Exile has a custom damage handling method and thus making Ryan's zombies mod incompatible.

Try Ryan's zombies 2.1 and see if that works but I doubt it.

It is up to Exile dev-team or a community member to make Exile compatible with Ryan's zombies as we are probably not going to. I suggest contacting the dev team for some hints.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

It looks like another team is trying to do that.

Gamersinc.net. exilemod

I have been looking into the zombie damage problem for nearly 2 days now. Have made no progress. So am giving up. If anyone else has this problem just use this zombie script, its a shitty fix but works.

http://www.exilemod.com/forums/topic/release-exile-z-server-files-add-zombies-to-server-v0-9-19sp2/

It would be awesome if the ryanzombies team could fix the problem.

Chain, that link you sent about exile-Z, that script actually uses Ryan's zombies. Does that work?

Chain, that link you sent about exile-Z, that script actually uses Ryan's zombies. Does that work?

Yea it works, just its a bit buggy at the moment. Zombies attack each other, fps lags when zombies spawn in, zombies will continue to spawn in no matter what.

Also for some reason (maybe not related to the script) but when you jump in vehicles you are stuck in them.

Ryanszombies module spawners work way better :) (just the zombies do no damage in exile).

This is the git im using for the fix: https://github.com/rscaptainjack/ZOMBIES_CODE

Sanchez, Ryan, a couple of questions for you guys, or anyone else who has answers :)

• Is there a way to sync waypoints with spawners? So when zoms are spawned they instantly follow a waypoint instruction like 'move'. 

• Is it possible to generate units from a trigger? So they don't exist and wander around until the trigger is activated.

• Is it possible to link spawn logic to a player's position, so that zoms are always spawned around the player?

Any guidance would be really appreciated :)

[reason for edit: original post was far too long and boring]

Cheers guys

Not really.    The Exile-Z mod tries to change behavior (badly) instead of using Ryans excellent work.

I am calling Ryans zombies(opfor) in unaltered and they damage players, fight NPC units and work exactly as they should.

i will probably open my server sometime this weekend for wider testing.

Ok so actually something seems to be different.  With the latest update if I spawn zombies using EOS or AIASP they attack each other, even if in the same group and side.  The only working way to spawn zoms now appears to be through the spawners.

Any ideas? I am still using the gamelogics/modules to control settings

Sanchez, Ryan, a couple of questions for you guys, or anyone else who has answers :)

• Is there a way to sync waypoints with spawners? So when zoms are spawned they instantly follow a waypoint instruction like 'move'. 

• Is it possible to generate units from a trigger? So they don't exist and wander around until the trigger is activated.

• Is it possible to link spawn logic to a player's position, so that zoms are always spawned around the player?

Any guidance would be really appreciated :)

[reason for edit: original post was far too long and boring]

Cheers guys

First off - I'm not in-game, any code or guidance I give is pseudo and has not been tested.

You cant use regular waypoints with spawners. Right now all you can do with spawners is use the 'Zombie waypoint' gamelogic, but note that only one waypoint can exist and applies to all spawners & zombies (only useful for a defend-the-area kind of thing).

Yes, if you Google or research on how to spawn soldiers via a trigger you can apply the same thing with the zombies.

Yes, you can use the attachTo (go to wiki) command to attach the spawner gamelogic to the player. Use the radius option in the zombie module settings to prevent zombies from spawning directly on the player though.

Also you can use attachTo on the zombie waypoint.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Sanchez