I have a problem with the mod lately. Since 2.1 version, something is messed up with this mod in my game. in editor there is no "men" class.... so, in NATO and OPFOR i have air, support, ship, armored, and cars but there is no "men" class. and when i clicked on cars, in the game when i got out of a car my character had normal clothes but looked like a zombie demon with long backward pointed arms and bat wings. There is no even "zombie" faction, but every soldier is now that deformed demon. and its like that since 2.1, now i have to play on 2.0 to have normal soldiers, but this should be fixed please.

Strangest issue I've ever heard, kmicaterror. Are you running additional modifications? How did you install the mod in the first place?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

suggestion, a zombie that only runs toward you when you have your back faced to it. So basically, you could be scanning round,  and see a zombie far away, you decide not to go that way and start running, you hear something turn around, and there's a zombie just walking away from you. You turn around again and hear it run again and then you get eaten. =P Idk, would be interesting.

Good for singleplayer but performance-wise impossible for multiplayer... Perhaps better to just have player zombies with a special feature like warping....player zombies are coming, they're on the to-do list ;)

Strangest issue I've ever heard, kmicaterror. Are you running additional modifications? How did you install the mod in the first place?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Yes i know, and 2.0 version is normal. everything beyond 2.0 is f..... up!

Just to point things out before anybody b****** more about it "being f... up".. (when its not)

Arma 3 is not intended for super scripts like this mod here, "Zombies & Demonds". Arma relies on the memory and core processors on running the game. In addition to that, the memory and FPS are affected by not only how fast your PC is, but how complex the models are. (e.g. characters)

If tons of characters (or zeds) spawn near you or somewhere else, close within your view distance, it will affect the memory of your computer causing it to lag. Usually, if there are too many complex objects for the game to handle, it will crash the game with the corresponding error. This is also the main reason why O2 has LODs. (or known as "Level of Detail")

And again, Arma is not designed for heavy memory load, which is why, in the editor, they restrict the number of units placed on the map to prevent this from happening.

The mod (like the author has said), is great for SP. But takes a big toll in MP, as multiple players join the game with different certain pings. (The only thing I would suggest to handle this, is by reducing a controlled number of spawns, as well as deleting the zombie at a certain interval if it is dead)

Lastly, let me remind you all what it was like in DayZ Mod. The zeds would glitch after you, and that was just a small amount of zeds spawned within your view distance. So please don't throw the book at him...

• Like 1

Good to see this mod coming along so nicely :)

Could you please make the zombies controllable by waypoints? By now they just seek and run towards the next target to attack it.

This option would open a huge door for us mission makers! ;)

Good to see this mod coming along so nicely :)

Could you please make the zombies controllable by waypoints? By now they just seek and run towards the next target to attack it.

This option would open a huge door for us mission makers! ;)

Nice one, obviously won't be working for the spawner zombies but for editor-placed zombies, disabling the auto-engage/attack function that is built in could enhance control over the zombies. First thing to cross my mind that this feature would be useful for is simplifying the creation of cinematics.

Yes i know, and 2.0 version is normal. everything beyond 2.0 is f..... up!

I asked you some questions earlier, you forgot to answer them. If possible could you also post this issue here: http://zombiebugs.site40.net/ so we can get more in depth on this....I am unable to reproduce your issue so I need some more information.

Why the servermod parameter if you already have the mod parameter? You don't need both now do you?

Also I know this may sound obviously but verify that the mod folder is in tact and not missing any files.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

You're right, I don't need both. I wanted to confirm that it wasn't my start parameters messing it up however. It doesn't make a difference and sadly the issue still persists with the new update.

I can't find anything wrong with the mod folder but I reuploaded it to be sure. Still nothing.

Thank you for trying to help though.

Guest hellghost

Hi,

First of all, nice mod.

It's really nice to training for some tactical technics.

But, I've just seen this from the changelog :

v2.2

- Fixed a bug that stopped zombies from spawning after long play time (1-2 hours or more).

But I still have the issue.

After doing the half way of Utes with AiA, zombies just stop spawning.

EDIT : That seems to be nice, now ! Just redownload, and replace again the files and seems ok !

For those of you who say that the zombies cannot be used large scale in multiplayer... they can. If you set up a server properly, run a headless client, run proper cleaning techniques for dead zombies/vehicles/players (and groups if Zeus), set up the mission to progressively/dynamically spawn the zombies, spawn them progressively in Zeus, and use the built in spawning modules within the mission editor, you can play multiplayer with as many players as you want and HUNDREDS of zombies.... I have done it and continue to do so - so do not think you are limited.

Spence I agree. I have been working on a mp mission however have been tweaking the zombie spawner to @ 600 activation and 800 deletion. I also have some other stuff running at the start to turn off all altis lights and disable all fuel stations that also it down initially. I also have the spawn limit to 125 cap. What setting are you guys using that works?

Tried this yesterday and was really impressed .

I did have an issue at first where the zombies would not attack me and would just stand around while I was walking up to them. I then discovered that this was because I was playing as an Independant nation soldier and the zombies do not seem to attack you if you are independant. Once I changed to NATO with zombies on slow I was pretty much chased down by a horde of zombies and killed within 20 minutes.

An awesome mod if you want to experience a horde.

Going to post some links of his zombie game play! These highlights are from Ryan's missions that are packed with the mod! ENJOY!

Ghost Hotel (Or whatever its called) Full Mission: http://www.twitch.tv/macgreygroup/v/14466108

Simply Too Many For My LMG: http://www.twitch.tv/macgreygroup/v/13649570

For those of you who say that the zombies cannot be used large scale in multiplayer... they can. If you set up a server properly, run a headless client, run proper cleaning techniques for dead zombies/vehicles/players (and groups if Zeus), set up the mission to progressively/dynamically spawn the zombies, spawn them progressively in Zeus, and use the built in spawning modules within the mission editor, you can play multiplayer with as many players as you want and HUNDREDS of zombies.... I have done it and continue to do so - so do not think you are limited.

1. I am a modder.

2. They can be used in large scale, but the dead bodies must be deleted at a certain interval like you said. (600 Zeds can be spawned, but not all at once)

3. Your idea should be made of importance to DayZ. ;)

4. Wrong, the number of players affect the lag as the network sends and recieves data, which must be controlled.

5. Your right, its not limited. But it all depends on how much memory your computer can take.

Honestly, going onto a 64 player life server is bad enough than spawning AI characters. :p

Awesome videos! :D I enjoy the reactions! Can I ask what sound mod you're using?

Thanks! We love the mod! Sure thing! JSRS 3: DragonFyre - I Absolutely love it :)

1. I am a modder.

2. They can be used in large scale, but the dead bodies must be deleted at a certain interval like you said. (600 Zeds can be spawned, but not all at once)

3. Your idea should be made of importance to DayZ. ;)

4. Wrong, the number of players affect the lag as the network sends and recieves data, which must be controlled.

5. Your right, its not limited. But it all depends on how much memory your computer can take.

Honestly, going onto a 64 player life server is bad enough than spawning AI characters. :P

Well yes, you are right - there is a limit to the amount of players.... I'm definitely not talking about 60-100 :) haha

Cheers! :) Hahaha, just watched the roadblock one then. The horde just runs through the trees all at once. "OHHH MY GOD!". Awesome. :P

a new Star is born  :D . I was a great Fan of the undead Mod but this seems to be dead.

so thank for this Mod ! really awesome, phantastic work.

the spiders not really my taste but thats my Problem. I have some wishes for the Future of this Mod. 

I wish the Players can be bitten by Zed`s and are infected by the Bite. Offcourse then we need a Antitode  ;) .

And i really wish some Guys can release a Mod like THIS for the Atmo in Zombie Missions.

Is it Possible to create a Spawn Logic without Spiders  ;) but with slow, medium and fast Zed`s ? Maybe we can set Percentage how much of them spawn.

Greetings Thunder

P.S. i forgot. atm the Zed`s running through Doors. Is that fixabel or is it maybe a problem by a mod Island ?

Ryan, I'm a big fan of this mod, it is really accessible to inexperienced players like myself, and opens up so many cool mission ideas.

I have a question..

Obviously walkers walk, and runners run. But, is it possible to have all zeds start off walking, then break into whatever their allocated speed is (medium, fast etc) only run when they see a target (i.e. dinner)?

Cheers

1st. Great Mod.

2nd. Am trying to tweak my COOP 10 mission to escape Altis. I am using max spawners allowed to cover altis, I am having lower cap #'s @125 max, spawn @ 600 m and despawn @ 400 m from blufor. At start, 95% of lights (power) goes out, fuel stations disabled, buildings destroyed. Rouge enemy units patrolling and killing / being killed by zombies for extra ambiance.

Yes its zombie apocalypse.... lol... well at least attempting it. I think I am getting close to max FPS for player frames.

Any else able to post their spawning specs for performance?

New animation which will be in next update:

Hands could do with a bit of tweaking..  ^_^