Regarding the MP spawner gitch, xXx_Qu1ckSc00per_XxX over on the steam workshop has a workaround. He simply has 1 spawner and attaches it to the player. It's not ideal, since you can't concentrate zombies in any given area, but it can work if your mission is entirely in a city or in a relatively confined area.

Unfortunately, that won't work for my mission.

That's not really a work around...Well not for the issue itself. That's if you want to keep zombies spawning close to you, certainly yes. The issue itself will be addressed soon hopefully.

Indeed, I want moments of relative calm as the players travers different areas of the mission, that's not possible until the bug is fixed.

Eh...you could complicate it. You could use triggers to switch between the spawner being attached & not attached (& teleported away).

I'm fairly sure you can use setPos/ASL on a gamelogic after you detach it from the player so that might work :P It's far fetched though and probably just wiser to wait for the issue to be fixed.

Eh...you could complicate it. You could use triggers to switch between the spawner being attached & not attached (& teleported away).

I'm fairly sure you can use setPos/ASL on a gamelogic after you detach it from the player so that might work :P It's far fetched though and probably just wiser to wait for the issue to be fixed.

Not bad. But you're probably right, better to keep building the mission with expectation of a fix, would take time to set up the triggers as opposed to just finishing it as is.

In addition, part of the interest in multiple spawners is the direction in which they make the zombies appear. For example making it look like they're pouring out of a hostpital building (part of my mission).

Oh yeah, forgot to thank you guys for the quick fix with update 1.50.

• Like 1

Agreed I was very happy that I was able to goto sleep last night without worry of how long it would take.

Seems that manually placed zombies are dying after a about 30 seconds of my mission launch (through editor). I've played around with the alive cap and the delete zombies settings to make sure they are not being deleted through normal functions, to date I can't find a reason for it. Anyone else finding this?

Seems that manually placed zombies are dying after a about 30 seconds of my mission launch (through editor). I've played around with the alive cap and the delete zombies settings to make sure they are not being deleted through normal functions, to date I can't find a reason for it. Anyone else finding this?

Strange, never seen that. Are you using the "deletion settings" module. That kills them if the side isn't present.

Currently making a horror mission. Some screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/hdZAqXL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VV65r8B.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/9IX6wCb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hlyW2zw.jpg

I managed to dodge a bullet with the update. I've been on dev build for the past month, but I was out of town last weekend. I never noticed a loading problem in my mission-building.

This mod is so much fun. I had 16 spawn points to go with my 16 objectives, but then I independently stumbled onto the fix that Mr Sanchez and Quickscooper used -- using setPos getPos player to move a spawn logic onto the player's current position (or certain strategically placed markers in relation to certain mandatory objective points). With appropriate triggers, I can drop a horde onto the player or from a certain direction relative to the player. And I'm only using 6 spawn logics for different zombie/demon compositions (slow, fast, civ, soldier, demon) that I keep moving around via triggers.

This method is a very surgical series of regulated ambushes -- not open-world friendly. Before/after the player hits an objective, zombies will spawn either underfoot (taking advantage of the awesome animations rising from the ground) or from just beyond the player's line of sight. So the player can't spot an existing horde and move to avoid it. On the upside, I spawned hundreds of zombies, but only a couple dozen at a time per encounter. With stringent zombie deletion (500 distance is ample for immersion at night), I never took a hit on frame rate except for a small stutter each time a spawn logic fired off a horde.

Car and tank throwing really need to happen in a more action-oriented day-time zombie mission (note to myself for future mission ideas). It's awesome, seeing a car sailing a hundred yards (or more) through the air at you -- even when you set up all the components for that to happen. At night, the visual impact is lost and it's just a random hunk of death arriving out of nowhere. At night, with no NVGs and only gun flashlights, even the slow zombies at full health are a threat when you pop a bunch of them only to find some stragglers that flanked you while you weren't looking. The fast ones and demons are terrifying in the dark. :D

I just finished playing my mission for the first time in two weeks. I switched to the Esseker map for fantastic, beautiful mood and environment (not recommended currently, however, due to map crash bugs across most of the center of the map). .75 overcast, .8 fog, and 15 minutes before sunset make a wonderfully infernal red fog (bloom is 50-100) that really suits the zombie/demon theme. I liked it so much, I used setTimeMultiplier 0.1 to drag that brief 20 minutes of sunset/dusk into 200 minutes. ;) Now I gotta try similar fog and weather at different times on other maps for "zombie mood". Namalsk is a good candidate, esp. with its ambient ghost children voices.

My mission semi-randomly distributes the player group and 10 civilians across the map (grouped w multiple markers for spawn points; separate markers for player group) with objectives to rescue. Plus some resources and reinforcements, also semi-random. I couldn't reliably get fully random, dynamic distribution to work without it breaking the feeling of the mission (vehicles should be in garages or on side roads, ammo boxes near military sites, etc.) with my current scripting knowledge.

Still, it was random enough to keep me guessing anyway! I rescued 8 of 10 civilians, surprisingly high this time b/c I happened to find one of my random armed vehicles early on (previous playthroughs typically saw 3-4 civs rescued, with some civs abandoned b/c I didn't have the ammo/soldiers to risk searching for them). It made mincemeat of my slow Romero-style weak-sauce zombies that were only dangerous in close quarters and large numbers. Faster zombies plus demons at climactic points quickly put an end to first the car's ammo then the car itself. While hustling the civs to safety, I lost 40% of my rescue force -- almost all of that while providing last-minute covering fire as people were boarding a C-130 at the end of the main city's runway, looming from the foggy darkness w its lights gleaming. I barely got underway ahead of the next spawned zombie horde, and even though it was a mission I wrote, I was massively relieved to have survived. Flying into the sunset was veeery satisfying. :D

I was using massi's vehicles and 75th Rangers specops faction, so this mission has an unnecessarily clunky mod list. Now that mission flow is OK, I'll make one with vanilla ArmA 3 assets. Also, I'm not quite good enough yet to figure out differences between SP and COOP MP mission building.

• Like 3

Thank you for a great mod. I wonder whether the zombie thermal signature could be masked as the dead would be cold.

dakaodo, that mission sounds like good fun!  :D

Thank you for a great mod. I wonder whether the zombie thermal signature could be masked as the dead would be cold.

Yeah it can be, but I like it, it looks creepy. Maybe in future I'll try make it optional if possible.

Hopefully will release a small update soon. I'm working on the MP problem with zombies not spawning after playing for a while. I think I have fixed it. :)  Also some people have mentioned that zombies can't damage you in ACE? That should be fixed now too. I think.

dakaodo, that mission sounds like good fun!  :D

Yeah it can be, but I like it, it looks creepy. Maybe in future I'll try make it optional if possible.

Hopefully will release a small update soon. I'm working on the MP problem with zombies not spawning after playing for a while. I think I have fixed it. :)  Also some people have mentioned that zombies can't damage you in ACE? That should be fixed now too. I think.

Me!! XD nice to hear ACE damage is fixed.

Hi there, sorry if this has been asked already but is it possible to make only a certain zombie spawn logic able to jump, instead of every spawn logic? 

Hi Ryan, I would like to write some scripts to spawn and cache some zombies for my scenarios. Do you have a class-list somewhere which I can use?

Love to see a zombie that throws not only cars, but people. :p

oBF9Yjs_BIhG_4xFaTV8LXoKW5njledhVxa8rgaQ

I can't seem to be able to get this to work on my linux server. (Hoping I didn't overlook any incompatibility notes with linux)

Every time I try to load the server with @Ryanzombies in its start parameters and try to join, I get the "missing addon: @ryanzombies" message in the server console and the game just gets stuck in the loading screen, doesn't even show the lobby/class selection. I can confirm that my singleplayer addon is working since I can play the mission on my pc.

Either I am doing something horribly wrong or there is some issue with linux, maybe?

Anyways, here's my log: //Sorry about the horribly broken addons list haha

16:37:46 Initializing Steam Manager
16:37:46 unable to load subscribed content list. list will be updated from steam
16:37:46 unable to load published content list. list will be updated from steam
16:37:46 unable to load cached items meta info. save and update functionality will be broken
16:37:46 Steam Manager initialized.
16:37:46 ============================================================================================= List of mods ===============================================================================================
16:37:46 modsReadOnly = true
16:37:46 safeModsActivated = false
16:37:46 customMods = true
16:37:46 hash = '5E3BB21289269BCF394DC3B0322179FF5A9A8DCA'
16:37:46 hashShort = '583f69d3'
16:37:46                                               name |               modDir |    default |               origin |                                     hash | hashShort | fullPath
16:37:46 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16:37:46                            Ryan's Zombies & Demons |         @Ryanzombies |      false |             GAME DIR | da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 |  11fdd19c | /steam/arma3/@Ryanzombies
16:37:46                                  Arma 3 DLC Bundle |            dlcbundle |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           |
16:37:46                                    Arma 3 Marksmen |                 mark |       true |             GAME DIR | 2ac91f318d5175e81ab7482fcf2a7aa8ae82a213 |  e93f1292 | /steam/arma3/mark
16:37:46                                 Arma 3 Helicopters |                 heli |       true |             GAME DIR | a64ae24a6890d3240dad2baf3773e9240feebe5b |  47357fb6 | /steam/arma3/heli
16:37:46                                       Arma 3 Karts |                 kart |       true |             GAME DIR | fde685d8a8f69d3e8c396ba1fd2e5727dc45f1f6 |  79fc1794 | /steam/arma3/kart
16:37:46                                        Arma 3 Zeus |              curator |       true |             GAME DIR | 91164443d7c2b20cfc3826c614a14818171fbcb1 |  22b0ebcb | /steam/arma3/curator
16:37:46                                             Arma 3 |                   A3 |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           |
16:37:46 ==========================================================================================================================================================================================================
16:37:46 InitSound ...
16:37:46 InitSound - complete
16:37:46 Dedicated host created.
16:37:46 PhysX3 SDK Init started ...
16:37:46 PhysX3 SDK Init ended.
Attempt to override final function - rscminimap_script
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplayloading_script
Attempt to override final function - rscdiary_script
Attempt to override final function - rscdisplaysinglemission_script
[A whole lot of these regular "Attempt to override final function messages - snipped that.]
16:37:57 Host identity created.
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (2990) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (2990) : Assertion Failed: CApplicationManager::GetMountVolume: invalid index
/home/buildbot/buildslave/steam_rel_client_linux/build/src/clientdll/applicationmanager.cpp (3118) : Assertion Failed: m_vecInstallBaseFolders.Count() > 0
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 107410
16:37:58 Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
16:37:58 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303
Arma 3 Console version 1.50 : port 2302
16:37:58 Connected to Steam servers
16:49:00 Shelby uses modified data file
16:49:00 Player Shelby connecting.
16:49:02 Player Shelby connected (id=xxxxx).
16:49:02 Unsupported language English in stringtable
16:49:12 Mission Deadolition Derby read from bank.
16:49:13 Missing addons detected:
16:49:13   ryanzombies
16:49:13 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ryanzombies
16:49:13 Unsupported language English in stringtable

Startup parameters:

./arma3server -port=2302 "-config=server.cfg" "-profiles=xconfig\log" "-cfg=xconfig\cfg\basic.cfg" -name=Testing "-servermod=@Ryanzombies;" "-mod=@Ryanzombies;" -world=empty -nosplash -noSound -noPause -autoinit

Does the R need to be lowercase in the modline in Linux?

Nope, BI fixed that some time ago. Tried it anyways but didn't do anything.

Thanks for the answer though.

Why the servermod parameter if you already have the mod parameter? You don't need both now do you?

Also I know this may sound obviously but verify that the mod folder is in tact and not missing any files.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Just updated my first post.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.2

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.2 - STEAM WORKSHOP

What's new:

- Fixed a bug that stopped zombies from spawning after long play time (1-2 hours or more).
- Added about 40 extra zombie sounds and made small changes to the current ones.
- 2 new game logics which can be used to disable zombie sounds (moaning and/or aggressive sounds).
- New twitchy demon idle, and a falling animation for both normal and spider zombies.
- Minor improvements. Zombies can damage targets with ACE (haven't tested), zombies can now attack static weapons, and more.
- Hotel Encounter: A new horror mission (single player or 6 player co-op).

I must admit, you have a talent in animating, good job. ;)

Testing the ACE3 Damage,

10:55:37 Error in expression <_target sethit ["legs",_legs + Ryanzombiesdamage]>
10:55:37   Error position: <_legs + Ryanzombiesdamage]>
10:55:37   Error Variable not defined in expresion: _legs

And I didn' get any damage, until I completely died.

Also, it was always "legs" and no other body part. (every time they hitted me I mean, I use the -showScriptErrors swtich when playing.)

I am attempting to balance the spawn and despawn on altis. It's a challenge with the size, # of spawns, distance to spawn and despawn cache and using cars. Anyone have success with this and getting good frames? If so can u share ur settings? I am trying to use 1/3 of altis for an escape mission. Thanks