OK. So after reading this thread. I only find 1 reasonbly decent explaination on how to use this mod for missions. Could anyone give more detail on how to set up these modules please? I set down 3 modules with game logic, the zombies dont start after me it takes them a while to notice me and after i shoot a few of them.

more detail would be nice. thanks

Make sure they're not on your side. If you're blufor and they're independent, make sure to set them friendly to nobody. Zombies always notice me pretty quick.

For the spawners, by default, placing a spawner logic will spawn a horde of 14 zombies every 60 seconds or so, per logic. If you place a Zombie Spawner Settings module, you can change that and the zombies per horde, delay between each zombie spawned, delay between each horde (useful if you want to spawn them in waves), the max alive at once (pauses spawning until a zombie dies), etc. You can place as many spawner logics as you want - whatever you select in the Zombie Spawner Settings module will be split evenly across the game logics. You only need to place one of each module.

If you have any other questions let me know. ;)

• Like 1

what if you wanted to activate the spawner with 2 factions, if i can only place one module down then i can only use 1 faction, also civilian faction isnt there either, could you add the 'CIV' faction to the option aswell as the 'ANY' so it is like a trigger. I have made it so opfor zombies attack civilians but they cannot activate it as they are not blufor, i would like to keep civs and blufor seperate but still have both able to activate spawn.

Hey if you guys have feature requests or bugs to report, feel free to post them on our tracker.

http://zombiebugs.site40.net/(we may switch domains later), currently under maintenance btw it will be up in a few hours.

xrushxclan, what method did you use to get the opfor zombies to attack civilians? If you elaborate then perhaps we can help you.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I could add an option to the module that forces the uniform on the resurrected zombie if you don't mind that zombie using vanilla animations. I don't think its likely to make work with my animations unforunately.  :( I might think of something though, hopefully.

That would be great. I think a good way would be a new kind of zombies who just uses vanilla animations. If zombies (with better animations like the spider zombies) kills humans than the humans resurrects as zombies with vanilla animations. Maybe it would be possible to make something like that optional for people who want this. But anyway I think that could be a much more better solution for perfect atmosphere.

xrushxclan, what method did you use to get the opfor zombies to attack civilians? If you elaborate then perhaps we can help you.

I put the line 'this addrating -10000' onto all civilian initialization or 'player addrating -10000' in the init.sqf, either way worked and i know its very basic but it meant that civs and blufor were seperate but this means blufor/opfor AI will attack you/them. if you could integrate this into the mod itself it would be great, for me personally i will never have AI so it dosnt matter if civ faction have addrating -10000. But for those who will it might be good if you could find a way to make them AI friendly but not to zombies.

Giving civilians a rating of -10000 will make them hostile to everyone, including other civilians with that same rating - it becomes a free for all. Their side is changed from CIV to "ENEMY" aka renegade. For players it doesn't really matter though.

So from what I understand you want the civilians to be attacked by multiple sides (blufor and opfor)?

Why don't you just group the civilians to an independent higher-ranking unit that has a probability of presence being 0? That way you can use the "INDEP" detection.

Then set independent hostile to everyone (both blufor and opfor).

Is that an option for you?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

So from what I understand you want the civilians to be attacked by multiple sides (blufor and opfor)?

Why don't you just group the civilians to an independent higher-ranking unit that has a probability of presence being 0? That way you can use the "INDEP" detection.

Then set independent hostile to everyone (both blufor and opfor).

Is that an option for you?

Sadly no, im not having AI, only players, so players know not to kill the civlians. i want civs to be friendly to blufor and independent but enemy to opfor so that AI (zombies) in opfor will kill them. as i am using blufor already and im using independent for something i really would like to keep all three (blufor, independent, civilian) seperate if that makes sense, but if you add on the detection list 'ANY' then it would help a lot. But why dont you have a multi option drop down box, so for instance it will be like

FOR EXAMPLE

Detection side 1 - 'Blufor present'

Detection side 2 - 'Civilian present'

Detection side 3 - 'None/blank'

avtivation distance - .....

bla bla bla

so the options for detection would be - 'Blufor', 'Independent','Opfor','Civilian'

Try placing a gamelogic zombie/demon waypoint, Buck. Are you sure you're not in a building of sorts? And that floodlight light beam issue is very strange :o, light beams should never be considered as an obstacle by AIs afaik.

I'm spawning them in Zeus while on random scenario missions with mates. I'd spawn in a horde or two, get them to attack me (my character) and they kinda just stand around, and then stop when a hefty light source is present. Though I have noticed them just stand around in heavy darkness before and they'll aggro one at a time. 

Before I post to your tracker, wondering if perhaps I'm just not using the spawners properly.

I have one zombie settings with my desired variables. Pretty close to the default, but maybe a little beefier.

The activation is set to 300 meters for BLUFOR.

Alive cap is 130

Total cap is 30,000

I have spawners along the route my squad is taking (about 8 total). I anticipate that the system works in a way that zombies will spawn at the spawner points along the rout as we approach them, and the previous spawners stop generating zombies after we've passed them.

I was testing last night with some friends, and the first 2-3 spawners were working fine, spitting out zombies as we moved up. But by the 4th spawner, they stopped being generated. I left my squad to hold a corner, and I backtracked to the first 2 spawners, there were a handful of zombies, but they were not attacking, just standing around. I killed them and no new zombies generated. It seemed as though all spawning stopped.

Manually placed zombies were still present and attacking. I tried clearing out most of them (to make sure I was under the 120 alive cap), still no spawning.

And of course I checked the total zombie cap. It is set to 30,000. Our collective kill count was no higher than 300, so does not seem to be the cap.

Any ideas?

Could you please add a multi detection drop down box on the module so you can have multiple faction activating the spawners, like:

alive zombie cap - .....

total zombie cap - .....

delay first horde - .....

spawned horde delay - .....

spawned zombie delay - .....

zombie horde density - .....

Side activation 1 - Blufor/Opfor/independent/Civilian/Blank

Side activation 2 - Blufor/Opfor/independent/Civilian/Blank

Side activation 3 - Blufor/Opfor/independent/Civilian/Blank

activation radius - .....

zombies per horde - ......

So for example you could have:

alive zombie cap - 100

total zombie cap - 10000

delay first horde - 5

spawned horde delay - 60

spawned zombie delay - 5

zombie horde density - 150

Side activation 1 - Blufor/Opfor/independent/Civilian/Blank

Side activation 2 - Blufor/Opfor/independent/Civilian/Blank

Side activation 3 - Blufor/Opfor/independent/Civilian/Blank

activation radius - 600

zombies per horde - 14

It would make it so much easier and better for those who use multiple factions and want to keep the factions separate. This is just a little suggestion that would be great.

@xrushxclan I agree that the activation parameters can be extended. I'll make sure Ryan hears about it.

@Weaponsfree thanks for posting. To me it sounds like a bug, I'd appreciate it if you can post it here: http://zombiebugs.site40.net/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

Regardless, I would want to advice you now to test your mission again, solo perhaps and see if you get the same problem. If you do experience the same problem, please attach your mission to the bug tracker.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

@Weaponsfree thanks for posting. To me it sounds like a bug, I'd appreciate it if you can post it here: http://zombiebugs.site40.net/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

Regardless, I would want to advice you now to test your mission again, solo perhaps and see if you get the same problem. If you do experience the same problem, please attach your mission to the bug tracker.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll do another few tests to see. I already tried just starting the mission in solo, in the middle of the route (as opposed to the normal starting point). The spawners work as intended, so seems it may be a bug that came up after prolonged gaming, or multiplayer or both. I'll see if I can reproduce it and give you some steps in the tracker.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I'll do another few tests to see. I already tried just starting the mission in solo, in the middle of the route (as opposed to the normal starting point). The spawners work as intended, so seems it may be a bug that came up after prolonged gaming, or multiplayer or both. I'll see if I can reproduce it and give you some steps in the tracker.

that happened to me too, my mission on solo works like a charm, but on multiplayer with more than you alone make spawners stopped working after the 2nd or 3rd. manual zombies worked fine., i got capacirty to 10000 too and alive to 100 and don't work too on MP.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29396

my mission, when you reach the military base there are 3 spawners that must spawn zombies when players enter the base(previously you maybe trigger another one on the outpost that works fine with more players), they dont, but in solo they work fine. same happens at the end on the labs.

(Sorry i don't know where bug trakcer is or how send it) 

I had another mission that uses 3 spawners to make a survival on a city and works well on MP with 3 people so i suppose that using more  than 3 is bugged.

Hmm....I'll have a look into the scripts and also notify Ryan about this. This will be a tough one to test considering it allegedly requires more than 3 people to find the bug but we'll see what I can do. I have a clan that might be willing to test.

P.S. The tracker is here: http://zombiebugs.site40.net/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

It's also on the first post (the one Ryan originally posted).

Thanks for posting.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Hmm....I'll have a look into the scripts and also notify Ryan about this. This will be a tough one to test considering it allegedly requires more than 3 people to find the bug but we'll see what I can do. I have a clan that might be willing to test.

P.S. The tracker is here: http://zombiebugs.site40.net/mantisbt/view_all_bug_page.php

It's also on the first post (the one Ryan originally posted).

Thanks for posting.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

not exactly more than 3 people needed, if theres anyone more than you,spawners don't work :) what i like to say its that if you activate  more than 1 spawner with more than 1 person in the game the next ones don't work .

Hmm....that's more like something we can test easily. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

really great job on this mod

thank you for the really funny times with it..

i have a question

there is any way of setting the zombies dificulty on a init.sqf file? or something similar.. cuz im trying to add them to a multiplayer server and there is no way to set the dificulty on lobby.

the zombies only stay walking around and dont atack unless u kill one off them..