Must be a pretty powerful rifle, or you've lowered their max health! :O I couldn't survive that unless I did that. That scenario sounds pretty fun. You should try it with the spider zombies. Will be releasing an update today. :)

Haha yeah.. health was modified :) i find the demon 'speed' best suits the style of z i am looking for, but a lower health makes it a bit more managable.

I am creating extra athmosphere by binning the nv, and using torches and emergency flares for illumination.

I am on the hunt for another mod that keeps flares alive for longer (similar to WP flares used in vietnam).

I dont think i am ready for spider zombies hahaha

Updated my first post.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0

What's new since version 1.7:
- Creepy new spider zombies that walk on all four limbs.
- Zombies now follow their targets in multi-story buildings.
- New animation for the medium speed zombies and a second walk animation added for more variety.
- New module that allows victims from zombie attacks to resurrect as zombies. The resurrected zombies inherit headgear, vests, and backpacks from the victim but not the uniform as it stops the animations from working unfortunately.
- Added a horde size option to the spawner settings module, and a radius feature, allowing zombies to only spawn if the selected side is present.
- New module that allows zombies to be deleted when a selected side is not present (from the zombies location).
- General script/config improvements and fixes, including the loud zombie sounds while in Zeus and more.
- Signed the addon, and a new co-op mission.

hey, is there a way to get this running with ALIVE?

Never played that mod sorry, might look into it in future though...

Updated my first post.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0

What's new since version 1.7:

- Creepy new spider zombies that walk on all four limbs.

- Zombies now follow their targets in multi-story buildings.

- New animation for the medium speed zombies and a second walk animation added for more variety.

- New module that allows victims from zombie attacks to resurrect as zombies. The resurrected zombies inherit headgear, vests, and backpacks from the victim but not the uniform as it stops the animations from working unfortunately.

- Added a horde size option to the spawner settings module, and a radius feature, allowing zombies to only spawn if the selected side is present.

- New module that allows zombies to be deleted when a selected side is not present (from the zombies location).

- General script/config improvements and fixes, including the loud zombie sounds while in Zeus and more.

- Signed the addon, and a new co-op mission.

Never played that mod sorry, might look into it in future though...

Pleasu upload this mod in Steam WorkShop 

Wrong signature for file ...\addons\ryanzombies.pbo

Still fails when using your key and signature

Wrong signature for file ...\addons\ryanzombies.pbo

Still fails when using your key and signature

Bugger. I tried. :(

Will try and fix though!

I would recommed you to use eliteness to compress/decompress de PBO file, as doing it myslef seems to yield no errors.

Also, it is not compatible with the ACE3 medical system (at least the advanced one, haven't tested witht the basic).

I suppose it has to do with the way you handle damage. 

I would kindly request this to be fixed, as ACE3 is mostly a must have addon knowadays.

Appart from that, wonderful work 

PD If you need help with the signing, I have signed it succesfully with our key and the server is not complaining.

Zriel, I talked with Ryan about it.

Turns out he's still using PBO manager. I personally think that might in fact be the problem. He told me that he'll be looking into ArmA 3 Tools' Addon builder (afaik that works, worked with my mod).

Also the ACE3 thing, we talked about that a while ago...I forgot why we didn't continue on about that subject.

Basically if the zombies attack you, setDamage will be applied on you. This is overall body damage, meaning ACE3 will show wounds on every part of the body. I remember that we talked about it and thought about using setHit instead, to see if that makes ACE3 only hit a certain body part instead...Ah now I remember...that would make it incompatible to the vanilla system.

But now that I think of it, could easily be resolved by detecting if ACE3 is running or not, and use system A (setdamage) if not, and system B (setHit) if otherwise.

I'll tell him tomorrow if he doesn't beat me to it already by reading this post ^^.

Thanks for the post.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

For  some reason, when I activate 2.0 on RC 1.50 branch it locks up arma on title screen.

If zombies and demons isnt active it loads fine to menu... when I try to load with Z and D it doesnt respond after arma title screen.

More of a FYI as Im not sure if has to do with RC branch or  not...

Absolutely love the mod! However I got a problem/questions.

I was doing a last stand kind of scenario with mate last night thus I had about 6 flood lights down, however all variants of the zombies wont come near the light, they all stand right at the lights edge and wont move any further. However while we were running through the forest all the zombie variants made chase for around 1km without stopping. Not sure if is something I'm doing or its a design feature? 

Zombies won't give up as long as you're close to them. Without some serious jukes you can't really shake em off.

Regarding the light thing, do you mean they stood at the edge of the flood light model or the edge of the light beam (being afraid to step into the light)?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Is this uniform incompatible thing a permanent problem ? I mean might it be able to solve ? Hope you can solve it. Would be a +++ to atmosphere if someone get killed by a zombie and he becomes a zombie with the exactly same equipment.

Zriel, I talked with Ryan about it.

Turns out he's still using PBO manager. I personally think that might in fact be the problem. He told me that he'll be looking into ArmA 3 Tools' Addon builder (afaik that works, worked with my mod).

Also the ACE3 thing, we talked about that a while ago...I forgot why we didn't continue on about that subject.

Basically if the zombies attack you, setDamage will be applied on you. This is overall body damage, meaning ACE3 will show wounds on every part of the body. I remember that we talked about it and thought about using setHit instead, to see if that makes ACE3 only hit a certain body part instead...Ah now I remember...that would make it incompatible to the vanilla system.

But now that I think of it, could easily be resolved by detecting if ACE3 is running or not, and use system A (setdamage) if not, and system B (setHit) if otherwise.

I'll tell him tomorrow if he doesn't beat me to it already by reading this post ^^.

Thanks for the post.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Thanks Sanchez. I myslef haven't been able to use Arma 3 Addon builder, but whatever works.

About ACE3, currently you recieve vanilla damage (as you say) but won't recieve ACE3 damage. i believe ace 3 uses hits eventhandlers to get their damages, but i'm not quite sure.

Zombies won't give up as long as you're close to them. Without some serious jukes you can't really shake em off.

Regarding the light thing, do you mean they stood at the edge of the flood light model or the edge of the light beam (being afraid to step into the light)?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Edge of the light beam, its like they dont want to go any further.

I also noticed playing with some mates just then, I spawned in 3 medium pace hordes and commanded them to attack me (Zeus), however they all just stand around dormant and then move like 1m every 20 seconds as if the path finding isn't there. Same goes with a group of Demons I spawned in, they ran like 15m and then just stood there dormant again, had no reaction to gun shots or anything. 

Do I actually have to aggro them? Cause I'd like to spawn hordes in distant areas and have them run in but it doesn't seem like I can do that. 

Try placing a gamelogic zombie/demon waypoint, Buck. Are you sure you're not in a building of sorts? And that floodlight light beam issue is very strange :o, light beams should never be considered as an obstacle by AIs afaik.

Hey. I am looking into your mod and trying to use it to spawn in dynamic units via triggers for less FPS hit during mission.

I am looking at your "spawnhotspot.sqf".

I would like to edit that some to just use the units spawned, could I delete the markers reduce the random y to 1 each and then use 0= [] call compile preprocessFile "spawnhotspot.sqf"; to some trigger / marker?

changing ( _logic = _this select 0 ) to  ( _logic = _this getMarkerpos select 0 )

I guess the best way for me would be to use the above but allow it to spawn to several markers in an array. Could you help me on how to do this. Thanks!

Anyone?

Hey ryandombrowsky, excellent update! The new features really gives us control over every aspect of your mod. I'm making a mission and using your various variables to balance it just right. It can be tricky to get the balance right between masses of zeds, and the ability of players to avoid being overrun. But really a top notch mod.

I plan on releasing my mission, including on steam. I just want to confirm this is you and is an approved workshop release (doesn't have your ryandombrowsky name) : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501966277

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hey ryandombrowsky, excellent update! The new features really gives us control over every aspect of your mod. I'm making a mission and using your various variables to balance it just right. It can be tricky to get the balance right between masses of zeds, and the ability of players to avoid being overrun. But really a top notch mod.

I plan on releasing my mission, including on steam. I just want to confirm this is you and is an approved workshop release (doesn't have your ryandombrowsky name) : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=501966277

Cheers!

That is in fact Ryan's Steam release, yes.

Is this uniform incompatible thing a permanent problem ? I mean might it be able to solve ? Hope you can solve it. Would be a +++ to atmosphere if someone get killed by a zombie and he becomes a zombie with the exactly same equipment.

We spent a lot of time thinking about a way to avoid uniforms from overwriting cfgMoves while maintaining custom uniforms mod support but unfortunately it's not possible without Bohemia changing some stuff.

Therefore the decision was made to add one basic zombie uniform per side and give that spawned zombie the vest & helmet that the deceased human had.

Also,xxgetbuck123, while testing I had no issues with zombies and floodlights (the portable duo lights aye). Can you send me a pic?

Here's a pic of them running through the beam with no problem (no waypoint set..i made them spawn 50m away from me and i shot at them..they all started running towards me)

https://gyazo.com/768b9f1f19725cb08ba640232fb69a82

Edited by MrSanchez

OK. So after reading this thread. I only find 1 reasonbly decent explaination on how to use this mod for missions. Could anyone give more detail on how to set up these modules please? I set down 3 modules with game logic, the zombies dont start after me it takes them a while to notice me and after i shoot a few of them.

more detail would be nice. thanks

I could add an option to the module that forces the uniform on the resurrected zombie if you don't mind that zombie using vanilla animations. I don't think its likely to make work with my animations unforunately.  :( I might think of something though, hopefully.

Anyone?

That spawnhotspot is from the Zombie Hunt 2 mission? Not sure what you mean though, sorry. Check logic.sqf in the pbo of version 2.0. I've changed how the spawners work there, if that helps you?