The radius feature will be very handy thank you! Would still be useful to set a max number of zombies that can spawn from a single spawner (so certain areas are more difficult than others for example). Can imagine it would be tough to keep track of where the zombies spawned from I guess.

Ryan,

What TERRIFIC work!  Thank you for working so hard on behalf of the community for a badly needed mod for Arma 3.  It took far  too long for something this awesome to finally reach us.  :)  I also deeply appreciate that you're designing this so that it can be used in combination with any other mod.  I am deeply disappointed with how some zombie-mods are designed so that their zombies will only work within their own mod.  Allowing us to apply your zombies and demons whenever and wherever we want continues the super sandbox capabilities that's the very spirit of all things great about Arma!  

I can't wait to see your spider-zombies in action. 

With BI's recent massive changes to their Forum's system, I've lost a lot of my account's records of what I've written, posted, etc., and I can't recall if I ever wrote to you in regards to some suggestions that I think would be very warmly welcomed by the Arma community in regards to a mod such as this.  Before I "recollect" what I think I wrote to you earlier, I would like to first post some newer ideas that I've had...

(1) Please continue to keep "specialized" zombies easily addable to a mission via the Module system. Such convenience via the Editor will ensure that many players will use it.   That's a very considerate feature that you're supplying, and will certainly ensure its wide use.  :D

(2) The Jumping Zombies are a terrifying sight to behold and contend with.  Wow!  I was wondering if you'd consider adding additional specialized zombies, such as...

...Bursters.  When the last fatal round strikes a Burster, they violently explode, emitting a bile like fluid and/or gas.  These specialized zombies could manifest some kind of sign that they're a Burster-type zombie, perhaps a greenish gas emanating from the mouth and ears, and perhaps having a grotesque greenish skin color.  Still-human characters caught in this explosion would very rapidly "resurrect" as an infected.  If they live long enough, they evolve to have the same abilities as a Burster.  Note that Bursters could come with a number of different bursting effects: fire, electricity, etc., etc.

...Ragers.  A Rager is much like the Jumping Zombies already created for the mod, only they're MUCH tougher, requiring 2-3 magazines' worth of standard small arms fire being dumped into them to finally kill them.  Heavy rounds may knock them down temporarily, but until they've reached their maximum damage, they'll continue to get up from the ground.  They're still super strong, knocking vehicles and walls about as if they're mere toys, but they can also use their powerful arms to rip up a large chunk of rock and/or debris, and then throw it at its next victim.  This thrown rock has so much power behind it, that it can easily kill whatever is in its path till it strikes a solid structure.  A single punch from a Rager will send its instantly-dead target flying, causing enormous harm and knockdown damage to whatever is struck by the flying corpse. Perhaps they could be made 15% taller than a normal human (they could still enter doorways without clipping), has elephant-like cracked skin, and produces a large dust cloud from its filthy flesh?

...Emitters.  An Emitter can project energy from their bodies, damaging humans, but healing zombies who are damaged.  The energy attack could come in a number of forms: electrical, flame, concussive, etc., etc.  Special effects that match their emission type could be assigned to their bodies.  An electrical Emitter's exposed flesh could have a strobing blue glow, flame-throwing Emitters would have a glowing, ember like skin, etc., etc.  Emitters are more intelligent than their infected-cousins.  They can identify injured zombies, and deliberately try to heal them.  They can also sense zombies who are still buried, and can "summon" them to the surface.  A very powerful Emitter can also hover up to 9 m. off of the ground.  The more powerful an Emitter is, the greater the range of its energy attack. 

(3) Now, to the older material that I can't recall if I sent to you or not...

RickB has applied something that I suggested to his Walkers mod ( http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=180709 ), the undead can be exploited tactically

Basically, the infected are strongly attracted to large visual movements, bright light sources, and very loud noises.  Thus, if an infantryman fires a flare into a compound occupied by uninfected infantry, if the zombies are within sight range of the bright light, they'll seek it out to wherever it lands.  They will, of course, attack any uninfected on the way to the light source, and especially once they get there.  Firing a 40 mm smoke grenade into a base can achieve the same positive ends.  :D

However, the ability to "manipulate" the infected horde can have negative consequences.  What if the enemy drops the flare on your own position?  What if one comes under suppressing fire, needs concealment and desperately needs to toss a smoke grenade?  Does one do it, and risk drawing the undead to your location...?  :(

There are a ton of insane possibilities here.  :)

(4) In regards to their appearance, bloody up their appearance real good.  The wetter it looks, the more terror inducing it'll be.  As demonstrated here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/perfected-doom-3-version-500/images/gruesome-zombies2#imagebox .  Maybe you could expand on the variety of their appearance by incorporating and modifying many of the amazing clothing selections from the TRYK mod (it's astounding!): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26661

That's it for now.  Thanks again for all that you've accomplished.  Can't wait to see what's coming next.  :)

Some awesome ideas there! I'll see what I can do but if so it'll be later on in future, in the mean time I wanna get the animation and skins done.

I might release another update within the week or two... maybe. This is cause work has decided to become extra busy so progress on the mod will be a bit slower. I just need to finish a few spider zombie animations, and possibly an infection option so victims will turn into zombies.

So far since 1.7 this has been done:

-new animation for the medium zombies.

-another walk animation (now 2 for variety)

-creepy spider zombies

-zombies now follow their targets inside multi-story buildings properly. They even climbing ladders if they have to.  :o

-zombie 1 & 3 duplicate fixed, new modules, script improvements and small errors fixed.

This Mod looks soo promising!

I will try it definitely out as soon as I can!

These Hordes are just awesome!

Never thought this is technically possible.

Regards

Hi ryan!

I want to include your addon in our community repository, in order to do missions with it, but we need to have all the addons signed with a key.

For addons with no key included, like yours, we have a community key which we use in order to get them signed. 

However, after signing your addon with our key, the server still rejects it as it appears to be not valid. Sometimes we had this problem and it was an error in the addon itself, wrongly binarized or wrong configs. Could you check it please?

Thanks!

hey friend!

My clan do solve the problem on MP limits Zombie population count.

now we can spawn unlimited via Zeus.

also If u interesting about Hand-held Flash light (will replace primary weapon)

contact me :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bable

Ryan, I second the thanks above for making a mod that's so flexible. I'm personally looking forward to your radius feature -- I'm not yet sufficiently versed in scripting to spawn/despawn the game logics (and their attendant zombies) in zones based on player proximity triggers (currently in mid-headbang learning process).

That feature alone would hugely make it easier for my all-Altis zombie island of the dead mission-making. :D

This is such a cool Mod!

I am having so much fun with it and I am really looking forward to future updates and what other talented modder - like you - will create with it.

I tried a Stress test with many Z´s here: 

http://imgur.com/a/rm7DX#0

It is so great - that is how a Zombie Survival Game should look like imho!

Great job Ryan!

One question:

Is there any way to make the "infection mode", so that placed civilians would get mowed down by zombies and in a minute spawn at the "dead spot" as a new zombie and go look for new targets (aka patrol)? Containment breach mission like that would rock for coop team.

• Like 1

I want to ask if I may, does the mod include ambient sounds that trigger regardless of placing zombies on the map? Just had the eeriest experience in night time at Chernarus :o

Those are some gnarly photos Solano !

I enjoy this mod so much that I've made some MP scenarios through MCC/ Zeus with it. If anyone is interested in trying some out, my connection seems to be able to handle 3 other people fairly well. We can plan for a hosting night, where I could run it on LAN (works well) or just regular (although I haven't tried it yet.)

In the future if there is enough interest I will really like to have the Walkers mod mixed in there as well. I find they work well together. And its true that dead demons can come back as walkers, making the need to evacuate an area pretty urgent  wuahah. Also I find the Bornholm terrain perfect for future missions. I would like to put a upload a mission but in the meantime, hit me up on Steam if interested.

"Almost like" World War Z The Movie. Far as the speed of the horde of Zombies coming after you. I like it, I been waiting for something like this. Plus you can always change the speed and how any you want coming after you. Keep up with the awesome work. You Rock.

I tried a Stress test with many Z´s here: http://imgur.com/a/rm7DX#0

Awesome pics!  :D

Hi ryan!

I want to include your addon in our community repository, in order to do missions with it, but we need to have all the addons signed with a key.

For addons with no key included, like yours, we have a community key which we use in order to get them signed. 

However, after signing your addon with our key, the server still rejects it as it appears to be not valid. Sometimes we had this problem and it was an error in the addon itself, wrongly binarized or wrong configs. Could you check it please?

Thanks!

Will do! Not sure what to look for though. I'm gonna start signing the addon myself anyway, probably for the next update and onwards. Never done it before but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

One question:

Is there any way to make the "infection mode", so that placed civilians would get mowed down by zombies and in a minute spawn at the "dead spot" as a new zombie and go look for new targets (aka patrol)? Containment breach mission like that would rock for coop team.

If you use the "Roaming Enabled" game logic then when the zombies rise they'll use that.

At the moment that logic just makes them move to a random position around them every 3-4 seconds. Pretty lazy but I might work on that game logic later on - such as make light sources, sounds, etc. change where they roam to. If there are any targets around though, zombies always go for them first.

Will do! Not sure what to look for though. I'm gonna start signing the addon myself anyway, probably for the next update and onwards. Never done it before but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Yup, I know it can be frustatring. Look at the cpp file under anims folder. I can unpack the addon fine, but when packing it with eliteness, gives me an error on that file. Though it seems all fine.

Once it has a key which I can use, I will make a mission on a radioactive Cherno for my unit with some zombies. I'm keeping it a secret so it will be a hell of a reaction XDD

I love this mod, its simple and awesome.

A couple of things id like to suggest which may have already been mentioned.

If it was possible to sync the zombie settings to the spawner, that way it only applied to that spawnpoint. It would be useful so that way some areas would have more densely populated zombies while others not so.This would work well in conjunction of the spawn/despawn radius in the next release.

An option to decrease the view distance of zombies, to maybe as few as 5 meters. I think this would aide in the feeling of clearing a city/town/building/house of zombies. Right now it seems like as soon as the first zombie is engaged that your forced to run around the streets avoiding them instead of clearing out buildings as you go. It would be a plus if this could be synced to the spawn point or zombie group itself, that way zombies retain the ability to see you in say the country side at a greater distance, then they would in a large city.  It would be pretty terrifying clearing a building at night with a flashlight and finding several zombies inside. :o

Finally zombies seem to follow you indefinitely. Not that this is a problem per se, but the fact that they always seem to know where you are. I once ran over 1k away from a horde and they tracked me down.

these are just a few things i think would help in the immersion this mod provides.

Yup, I know it can be frustatring. Look at the cpp file under anims folder. I can unpack the addon fine, but when packing it with eliteness, gives me an error on that file. Though it seems all fine.

Once it has a key which I can use, I will make a mission on a radioactive Cherno for my unit with some zombies. I'm keeping it a secret so it will be a hell of a reaction XDD

Sooooo the problems in packing where on my side, seems I need to execute Eliteness with Admin privileges to rapify correctly.

I'm gonna check to sign this addon myself today/tomorrow

Done, I have unpacked and repacked the file, and now I can sign it correctly. I had to add the PBOPREFIX file, but it is not difficult to do. And now it is 13Mb instead of 15Mb. If you want it I can share it.

Regards

Oh one more thing: would it be possible to make a module that disables moaning sounds even if zombies are 3 clicks away?

Oh one more thing: would it be possible to make a module that disables moaning sounds even if zombies are 3 clicks away?

Does that still happen? Strange..thought it was fixed.

Does that still happen? Strange..thought it was fixed.

If you mean while in zeus, yes it's fixed. But not in the version 1.7. I think it's fixed since I sent you a later version to test.

Will upload an update probably Sunday or Monday.

I am having loads of fun with this Ryan, thank you for creating and developing this. I have some observations and user requests that i will post up at some point soon. Until then.. just one question...

Can you or anyone point me towards a good torch mod that enables a much further reaching beam of light that the vanilla torch.

I have been scaring the $#!€ out of myself setting demon spawns in the forests of bornholm, with just a rifle and torch. Having decent illumination would make that mission pretty damn amazing :)

I am having loads of fun with this Ryan, thank you for creating and developing this. I have some observations and user requests that i will post up at some point soon. Until then.. just one question...

Can you or anyone point me towards a good torch mod that enables a much further reaching beam of light that the vanilla torch.

I have been scaring the $#!€ out of myself setting demon spawns in the forests of bornholm, with just a rifle and torch. Having decent illumination would make that mission pretty damn amazing :)

Good to hear.

I PM'ed you a torch mod that enhances the beam of the vanilla torch. It's not officially released so keep it inner circle and don't release it.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Must be a pretty powerful rifle, or you've lowered their max health! :O I couldn't survive that unless I did that. That scenario sounds pretty fun. You should try it with the spider zombies. Will be releasing an update today. :)