Hey guys, I made a short film with this zombie mod, been waiting for zombies for so long check it out!:

how do i get these gasmasks!?

Don't know if anyone else has tried this, but I tried using Ryan's Zombie mod with RickB's Walkers together. There doesn't seem to be any conflicts and it gives rise to some pretty crazy results...especially the respawn upon death and "stinker" zombies. Ryan's zombies can be shot and killed and then respawn as RickB's Walkers, then they have rickB's attributes like being able to rip your gun from your hands. The stinkers give off a toxic gas that you need the M40 or M50 gas mask from Hidden Identity to defend against.

Pretty wild results overall...

B

• Like 1

Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but after test running these zombies through out the mission I've noticed a huge FPS drop if zombies spot an enemy chopper coming in. I've had slightly over 200 zombies in one my past Doomsday Night missions and I've noticed no fps drops really. Even if 40 or 50 come running at the same time, but it seems though with your zombie mod because it uses some complex animations maybe it can cause some FPS drops.

It's great zombie mod, the best so far. At this point though I would try to see if you can optimize it more, it seems to be CPU intensive when certain things happen in large groups.

Amazing start man. :)

Just what the community had been waiting for. Btw, can any one please extract and send me the "zombie" only files from breaking point? They appear to be the best at the moment but I am having serious troubles downloading that mod in my country. bandwidth sucks guys. please help :(

Its not that easy. BP zeds are heavily fragmented in numerous files, you cant just rip them off.

New animations are coming along slowly but good! The spider exorcist zombie is looking great. They look so creepy and it's actually pretty scary when they're running at you on all four limbs. We've also started a medium speed zombie animation which is looking good. Done another walk animation (now there's 2 for more variety). Will post some videos of some of this progress later on.

Great update! been playing around with it and still find these to be the best zombies on offer in A3.

However I still find that movement is made along sidewalks and in columns though (in cities mostly). Could it be something related to them being in "safe" mode or something like this? As far as I know when infantry is in combat mode, it ignores walking along the side of roads. I'm not sure what your starting point for the zombie behavior is but maybe it is related to the default combat behavior? Or maybe it's just the arma engine that imposes side of road movement at all times to avoid AI collisions between cars and pedestrians.

In any case, great mod, and thanks again!

I tried zombies on combat mode, it makes them worse. There may be some settings in config that might stop this which I'll check out for the next update.

I always loved the animations of charon's zombie mod. Maybe you can try to match these? I hope you also can integrate the classic A2 civilian zombies (priest, doctor etc.) ;)

Oh and what would be very necessary for mission makers is the option to give single zombies or groups their own waypoints

Here's some spider zombie progress screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/E4uQdnL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q26m7TK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cvk4lMf.jpg

I've fixed the loud zeus zombies. Just change "say" to "say3d". Will be in the next update.

Done another walk animation, now there's two for more variety.

Currently working on medium and fast animations, a demon idle, and also a more creepy looking zombie like free fall animation (for while their jumping).

Great update! I've built a fun mission around this and keep holding out playing it with our unit because every new addition you post here looks too good to miss!

Play it now! :p Animations take a while to make and my partners university holidays finish next week. We'll still be working on it but it'll take a bit longer unfortunately.

Will post some videos of new animations later.

Edited by ryandombrowsky

This is amazing! I love your work. Would it be possible to make it so fallen allies turn into zombies?

This is amazing! I love your work. Would it be possible to make it so fallen allies turn into zombies?

Cool idea....

Great work so far Ryan! Cheers

I think the whole making players into demons thing would be the ultimate accomplishment but also probably the hardest task. I don't know, I am very impressed with how this is has turned out so far. Its really fun the way it is.

Huh, whenever I try to launch the game with your mod it freezes during the intro.

I tried downloading it again but still no luck. Any ideas?

Having players as zombies/demons would come with the usual problems that come with ArmA PvP scenarios such as desync.

Even if you were able to make player-demons go super fast, you'd have troubles with syncing attacks...Like the demon player would attack someone that would be right infront of him on his screen whereas on the screen of the attacked person he'd be way off.

It would be kewl tho, as an ultimate goal yeah.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

great mod, HOWEVER how would i go about making the horde spawner infinate and only spawn horde when any faction enters a radius, when i start the game it spawns horde instantly but i want it to only spawn when a player is in the trigger and will repeat spawning the max zombies (so when 1 dies it gets replaced and i set max to 10) but when the player is killed/no more players is in trigger zone all zombies die waiting for next player to enter zone.

i know this is a lot to ask but i tried using the prebuilt one on MP missions but that was only 50% of what im looking for with spawning when player enters and kills when no player is in area. anyone have any ideas on my request

great mod, HOWEVER how would i go about making the horde spawner infinate and only spawn horde when any faction enters a radius, when i start the game it spawns horde instantly but i want it to only spawn when a player is in the trigger and will repeat spawning the max zombies (so when 1 dies it gets replaced and i set max to 10) but when the player is killed/no more players is in trigger zone all zombies die waiting for next player to enter zone.

i know this is a lot to ask but i tried using the prebuilt one on MP missions but that was only 50% of what im looking for with spawning when player enters and kills when no player is in area. anyone have any ideas on my request

I'll add this option to the spawner settings. It'll spawn only when BLUFOR or whichever side you choose is within the radius you choose, and spawning will pause if they're not present. It should be easy enough, I've done something similar before.

---------- Post added at 00:51 ---------- Previous post was at 00:47 ----------

Huh, whenever I try to launch the game with your mod it freezes during the intro.

I tried downloading it again but still no luck. Any ideas?

No idea sorry. Any other mods you're running?

No idea sorry. Any other mods you're running?

Nope. On the other hand I tried switching back to the main branch and it works great now!

Just to tell you that you made a great job here.

I use your mod with TPW and we have lots of fun playing it.

There is a great modder community on A3, thank you to you.

Edited by Gonrak

I'll add this option to the spawner settings. It'll spawn only when BLUFOR or whichever side you choose is within the radius you choose, and spawning will pause if they're not present. It should be easy enough, I've done something similar before.

ahhh nice thank you so much, also this isnt a major thing but can you make it so zombies will attack civilians automatically so i dont have to add this addrating -10000 to the initialization of the civ as this is the only way atm to make Zeds attack civs but makes ai blufor attack civs aswell when i use that script

I'm going to add a module that lets you choose if zombies are deleted if Blufor (or whichever side you pick) is NOT present from the zombie within whatever radius you choose. This means you could add spawners across the whole island, set the alive limit to 50 or so, and make it activated by Blufor present. Then add a module to make those zombies deleted when Blufor isn't present. This means you can have zombies everywhere and always have good frame rate.

Medium speed animations are done and looking nice. Also, zombies now properly follow their targets in multi-story buildings! They even climb ladders. :o The ghost hotel is much more fun now with these guys. Spider zombies are coming along well. Check out this creepy screenshots:

http://i.imgur.com/6k6Rx1C.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yY34LZU.jpg

ahhh nice thank you so much, also this isnt a major thing but can you make it so zombies will attack civilians automatically so i dont have to add this addrating -10000 to the initialization of the civ as this is the only way atm to make Zeds attack civs but makes ai blufor attack civs aswell when i use that script          

To make them attack civilians, make a soldier on blufor, set his condition to this and his rank on full (or at least above the civilians) and make the civilians part of his group. Those civilians will be on Blufor side then and the soldier won't exist either (as his condition is 'this').

Fantastic mod !! 

Just a question :  Does this mod is compatible with Epoch ? (Constructions : don't pass through, damage them ...)

Thank you, and great job !

Added this to the spawner module - http://i.imgur.com/u52fi1G.jpg

Works perfectly. Still working on animations, probably be a few weeks before next update.

OH BRILLIANT. Thank you sooo much for this, im happy that a modder used my idea XD (unless you were already asked or were already going to add this)