Ryan has added custom walking animations for the 'walkers' and from what I understood he's still working on other animations as well, for the other zombies.

He also added in a new attack animation. So in regards to the animations department, it's all good in the hood.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

TeaCup's anims were more than convincing back in the ArmA1 zombie days, when new animations were almost non-existent (and still are i think).

I think they would be still acceptable even in ArmA3 today. :)

I've been toying with them and there're not bad at all in Arma3!

I remember seeing them in BreakingPoint videos for quite some time...

Amazing start man. :)

Just what the community had been waiting for. Btw, can any one please extract and send me the "zombie" only files from breaking point? They appear to be the best at the moment but I am having serious troubles downloading that mod in my country. bandwidth sucks guys. please help :(

Btw, can any one please extract and send me the "zombie" only files from breaking point?

I don't think this is allowed by their license, but then again, I'm not sure BP is 100% legit to begin with...

My zombies only walk, what do I need to do to make them sprint like the zombies from WWZ?

My zombies only walk, what do I need to do to make them sprint like the zombies from WWZ?

Hi,

Have you placed 'Fast zombies' on the editor/spawner?

Slow - Walking zombies

Medium - Running/Jogging zombies

Fast - Sprinting zombies

If you are using the unlocked_uniforms mod you will have zombies that only walk, this is fixed in the update Ryan will likely upload today/tomorrow.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I don't think this is allowed by their license, but then again, I'm not sure BP is 100% legit to begin with...

lol true. I will just use for personal SPs man and dont even play coop. I will give license credits if they wish. Just need those pbos plz. Their launcher looks like a nuclear reactor and downloading issues worsen the situation.

I've updated the first post.

What's new since version 1.5 BETA:

- New attack animation.

- New module to change both zombies and demons max health. Difficulty game logics no longer affect max health.

- Major multiplayer bugs fixed, such as horde spawner limits, zombies spawning naked, etc.

- General script improvements and errors fixed which may improve performance.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.7

I've placed 1 of every type of zombie, and they all walk

Edit: This update fixed it, thanks

Edited by iSammeh

An update, amazing. Man I know you may already have the following points on your to-do-list, still I want to mention them as I find your work very VERY promising:

1. Make them linger around. They seem to converge to a point and just stand there. Give them small waypoints with limited speeds so they can limp around. (btw the "coming-out-of-the-ground" animation looks fabulous) :)

2. When they detect me, they do move towards me, but they halt at regular intervals. All of them as in synchronising motions. I believe they think at each waypoint?

3. Animations are cool for a starter but make them limp as in twisted ankle etc etc. I am sure you can achieve the best zombie mod in the coming updates :D And if BIS thinks you are a threat to DayZ, I will defend you. lol

4. I know you will continue on more diverse textures

5. Some "Huge" versions of zombies will be much appreciated :D

I will post more as they come in my mind. Again, good luck and may you succeed in this endeavour.

Edited by TheLegendaryKhan

Can't you achieve the lingering around by using the 'roaming enabled' logic? I'm not sure.

Sammeh, what mods are you running?

is there any way to make the zombie sounds go away? or make it so its not server side? (AKA so it comes from the unit like actual talking, instead of hearing it 5 km away)

Can't you achieve the lingering around by using the 'roaming enabled' logic? I'm not sure.

Sammeh, what mods are you running?

I didnt see that 'roaming enabled' logic yet. Can you please elaborate a bit? :)

I can't seem to figure out how to get this to work. Am I missing something?

Doesn't matter if i put down a zombie spawner or not, if i got into the editor, put down a player and Zeus, no zombies spawn, and I can't see any way to spawn them from the Zeus menu.

Does this only work in missions, or should it be possible in editor too?

EDIT: seem to have it figured out, apparently if you don't put down at least one zombie in the normal editor, no zombies will spawn in game and the zombie 'faction' doesn't appear on the Zeus spawn menu. If you put down at least one zombie unit in the editor, it seems to be fine.

Although I still don't see the zombie spawning settings doing anything, no zombies ever spawn for me.

Edited by Soulis6

Hi Soulis I believe you have to have the module and the logic. At least this is how I got it to work. BTW Jumping Zombies!!!!! loved it I jumped when they did. lol

Hmm, what do you mean logic? Where do you set/enable/change that? All I see is the spawner modules in the editor

Hmm, what do you mean logic? Where do you set/enable/change that? All I see is the spawner modules in the editor

just like you are going to add a zombie from the unit menu (F1), if you look at the side list at the top, there will be one called GAME LOGIC... from there, find the logic that fits your needs in the CLASS List... these are where the ZOMBIES will spawn from... the module (F7) are the settings for the game logics. So a Zombie logic and Zombie Module work together as does Demon Logic and Demon Module. - Place the logic where you want to spawn Zombies/Demons... as many Zombie Game Logics as you want and only add one Module for Zombie Settings if only Zombies, a demon Module for their settings if demon logic is placed or both if using Zombies and Demons Game Logics... the zombies will randomly spawn in number from the what is specified in the settings module for the respective type used at the various Logics placed or all at one Game Logic if only one is placed.

Hope this helps...

-Raps

• Like 1

Quick question since you made some police cars and it has beacon lights. What's code can I use to put inside the ini field of an empty police car to force the beacon lights on?

Thanks for your time.

Quick question since you made some police cars and it has beacon lights. What's code can I use to put inside the ini field of an empty police car to force the beacon lights on?

Thanks for your time.

I can't remember what police vehicle Ryan added in, but assuming it's the Offroad you may want to read this post: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173908-Police-lightbar-on-roof&p=2634019&viewfull=1#post2634019

how can i spawn spider zombie in MP?

Do you mean demon? There are no zombies that can climb walls yet or something like that...you can find the zombies on the editor, you can place them manually or place a gamelogic that spawns them for you.\

Hey guys, I made a short film with this zombie mod, been waiting for zombies for so long check it out!:

Nice looking film...That beginning reminds me of an arma 2 movie I watched...great job though ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Thanks for your time.

Yeah, what PhonicStudios wrote above. I made it into an addon within ryanruger77.pbo (didn't include this in the latest zombie update, just the zombies only). Not sure how to make the lights start switched on though, sorry.

is there any way to make the zombie sounds go away? or make it so its not server side? (AKA so it comes from the unit like actual talking, instead of hearing it 5 km away)

Not sure sorry, I'll check it out and try see why that is.

how can i spawn spider zombie in MP?

Do you mean demon? There are no zombies that can climb walls yet or something like that...you can find the zombies on the editor, you can place them manually or place a gamelogic that spawns them for you.\

Think he means this - http://i.imgur.com/shBzMkD.jpg :p

I haven't finished it yet, it'll be in the next update.

Hey guys, I made a short film with this zombie mod, been waiting for zombies for so long check it out!:

Awesome vid! Cool to see the zombies in action! :)

2. When they detect me, they do move towards me, but they halt at regular intervals. All of them as in synchronising motions. I believe they think at each waypoint?

I've seen this too but I only see it when my frame rate is low or below average, otherwise they move fine. I'm not sure why but I'll mess around with it.

Great update! been playing around with it and still find these to be the best zombies on offer in A3.

However I still find that movement is made along sidewalks and in columns though (in cities mostly). Could it be something related to them being in "safe" mode or something like this? As far as I know when infantry is in combat mode, it ignores walking along the side of roads. I'm not sure what your starting point for the zombie behavior is but maybe it is related to the default combat behavior? Or maybe it's just the arma engine that imposes side of road movement at all times to avoid AI collisions between cars and pedestrians.

In any case, great mod, and thanks again!