Hi! I've had a lot of fun playing this mod. I have one suggestion: can you make the zombies' health configurable? Like have their current health as 'strong' and make another option for them to be 'weak', to take 1-2 hits to kill like the Left 4 Dead common infected

Use the difficulty module. "Easy" makes zombies basically one hit kill.

The modules that limits the amount of zombies...it's not entirely working..I set the 'alive cap' to 25 zombies (i had 5 seperate spawners around a mosque with a zombie waypoint on the mosque), I wanted 25 alive zombies at all times, not exceeding that.

I was on a dedicated server with another player, and (by using a count script) I counted 75 zombies at first...after about 1-2 mins, the amount of AI went up dramatically..Eventually reaching up to 667 AIs!!!

What's going on? :S

Kind regards,

Sanchez

---------- Post added at 00:38 ---------- Previous post was at 00:06 ----------

Looks to be caused because ryanzombiesamount variable keeps raising (this is the variable controlling the amount of AI alive at once), it keeps incrementing for some reason.

Also, this is a problem in MP; if ryanzombiesamount = 20 and there are 3 players on a mp lobby, there will be 60 zombies spawning...I believe if there are 3 players on a dedicated, there will be 80 zombies (because the server is spawning zombies too)

You might want to make it so that only isServer can spawn zombies.

I found the script that causes the increment, it's count.sqf, why is it increasing this value? Why is it allowing for more zombies to spawn than what's allowed in the module settings?

Edited by PhonicStudios

This is good mod, but one bug iin particular is problematic...the zombies don't take the players elevation into consideration when attacking. For example, if I'm in a building on the second floor and the zombies are on the first floor, they can attack you through the floor until your dead.

You might want to make it so that only isServer can spawn zombies.

It does sound like a locality oversight but there may be good reason to allow the clients to spawn at least some of the zeds in as much as it will distribute the workload.

I'd suggest two thresholds, one for the server (in fact two, zeds-maximum combined with zeds-maximum-per-player) and one for the clients. Then mission makers can tweak the way the spawners scale for more players and how the work should be distributed.

It does sound like a locality oversight but there may be good reason to allow the clients to spawn at least some of the zeds in as much as it will distribute the workload.

I'd suggest two thresholds, one for the server (in fact two, zeds-maximum combined with zeds-maximum-per-player) and one for the clients. Then mission makers can tweak the way the spawners scale for more players and how the work should be distributed.

Yeah, good idea. Sorry I hadn't tested this in MP so didn't realise. I'll fix later today or tomorrow with isserver command.

Good to hear, will you be fixing the increments of zombie amounts as well?

In the zombie module I set alive zombie cap to 25 (this sets the variable ryanzombiesamount to 25 afaik)

I start playing, after a while, this variable just keeps increasing, even all the way up to 250 (I seen it allowing up to 220 alive zombies to be alive at once) (which, with the locality problem, caused for 660 AIs when there were 3 players)

It is because you're exec'ing count.sqf on unit creation, this contains ryanzombiesamount = ryanzombiesamount + 1 which I don't see the point of adding. After all, you already have ryanzombiescurrentamountdemon = ryanzombiescurrentamountdemon + 1 below unit creation

What is it doing there, was it part of an old code?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Good to hear, will you be fixing the increments of zombie amounts as well?

In the zombie module I set alive zombie cap to 25 (this sets the variable ryanzombiesamount to 25 afaik)

I start playing, after a while, this variable just keeps increasing, even all the way up to 250 (I seen it allowing up to 220 alive zombies to be alive at once) (which, with the locality problem, caused for 660 AIs when there were 3 players)

It is because you're exec'ing count.sqf on unit creation, this contains ryanzombiesamount = ryanzombiesamount + 1 which I don't see the point of adding. After all, you already have ryanzombiescurrentamountdemon = ryanzombiescurrentamountdemon + 1 below unit creation

What is it doing there, was it part of an old code?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Weird how the max alive at once keeps getting bigger for you though. In single player it works perfect for me. It's just in MP when one dies it spawns another for every player, but that's easily fixed.

When I get home tonight I'll check the script and probably redo it completely and more efficiently.

Weird how the max alive at once keeps getting bigger for you though. In single player it works perfect for me. It's just in MP when one dies it spawns another for every player, but that's easily fixed.

When I get home tonight I'll check the script and probably redo it completely and more efficiently.

Locality in Arma MP is a bitch.

Amazing mod! Literally i've been waiting for something like this for a long time, it completely reminds me of the World War Z zombies.

Question, I watched your "ArmA 3 - Zombies & Demons" video and I am curious on how you made all the zombies stay in the middle of the street, every-time I try to use the module of a horde of zombies they all ways go to the side of the streets and dont stay in a big large group.

Another question, how does Game Logic Waypoint work? I've been trying to mess with it and im guessing it means that I can use it to set way points for the zeds but I cant get it to work.

Edit: Also in the video were you using the demons or the fast zombies?

Very cool mod, love the zombies climbing out of the ground

Not sure if you got PM, arma forums can be weird at times...

Any chance of signing the mod?

Also any idea what license you are going to use for the mod ?

Keep up the great work

Is there any way to stop zombies from going panic prone whenever I shoot them? (not using any AI mods, only TPW)

Also, tested the group of fast zombies (and demons), and for some reason only one of them was actually running and performing the unique idle (while the rest walked ArmA3 style).

Did the same with the slow ones, and again had only one zombie doing the unique shambling animation.

Could this be a problem solely on my side or something else?

Thanks for the answer. :)

No idea sorry! None of that happens for me or my friends. Maybe another mod conflicting? Not sure sorry.

Question, I watched your "ArmA 3 - Zombies & Demons" video and I am curious on how you made all the zombies stay in the middle of the street, every-time I try to use the module of a horde of zombies they all ways go to the side of the streets and dont stay in a big large group.

Another question, how does Game Logic Waypoint work? I've been trying to mess with it and im guessing it means that I can use it to set way points for the zeds but I cant get it to work.

Just place it wherever, just one of them, and the zombies will run to it IF they're not busy running after any targets.

I also used a few little scripts for the video to make them do what I want. :p

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

Check out this gameplay vid. So many near misses with the cars being thrown at me. :D

Why do I have all the zombies walking slowly but without animations ? Only one animation to suit the reporter .: Butbut:

Yeah, I don't see any new walking animations..except for like one zombie.

Why do I have all the zombies walking slowly but without animations ? Only one animation to suit the reporter .: Butbut:

Are you using other mods?

FYI, unlocked_uniforms does conflict with this mod.

See this post for more details.

13:09 Error in expression <if (ryanzombieswaypoint == 1) then {_zombie >
16:13:09   Error position: <ryanzombieswaypoint == 1) then {_zombie >
16:13:09   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombieswaypoint
16:13:12 Warning Message: Radio message CuratorWaypointPlaced not found
16:13:16 Warning Message: Radio message CuratorWaypointPlaced not found
16:13:16 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombieslogicroam == 1) then {_zombie>
16:13:16   Error position: <Ryanzombieslogicroam == 1) then {_zombie>
16:13:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombieslogicroam
16:13:16 Error in expression <if (ryanzombieswaypoint == 1) then {_zombie >
16:13:16   Error position: <ryanzombieswaypoint == 1) then {_zombie >
16:13:16   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombieswaypoint
16:13:22 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombieslogicroam == 1) then {_zombie>
16:13:22   Error position: <Ryanzombieslogicroam == 1) then {_zombie>
16:13:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombieslogicroam
16:13:22 Error in expression <if (ryanzombieswaypoint == 1) then {_zombie >
16:13:22   Error position: <ryanzombieswaypoint == 1) then {_zombie >
16:13:22   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombieswaypoint
16:13:28 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombieslogicroam == 1) then {_zombie>

Some issues:

1. This gets repeated on the rpt. Not sure if that error message impacts performance.

2. There is a noticable delay of a second when a zombie is placed in ZEUS.

3. Zombies cant chase players up staircases.

4. After deleting zombies this message repeats on rpt:

16:16:07   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesdelete
16:16:08 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombiesdelete == 1) then {deletevehi>
16:16:08   Error position: <Ryanzombiesdelete == 1) then {deletevehi>
16:16:08   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesdelete
16:16:09 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombiesdelete == 1) then {deletevehi>
16:16:09   Error position: <Ryanzombiesdelete == 1) then {deletevehi>
16:16:09   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesdelete
16:16:11 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombiesdelete == 1) then {deletevehi>
16:16:11   Error position: <Ryanzombiesdelete == 1) then {deletevehi>
16:16:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesdelete
16:16:11 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombiesdelete == 1) then {deletevehi>
16:16:11   Error position: <Ryanzombiesdelete == 1) then {deletevehi>
16:16:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesdelete
16:16:15 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombiesdelete == 1) then {deletevehi>
16:16:15   Error position: <Ryanzombiesdelete == 1) then {deletevehi>
16:16:15   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesdelete

Edited by alleycat

Ah, I was using unlocked uniforms...That explains. Ryan, did you ever get to look at Haleks/Pepe Hal's proposed fix to this issue? I have no intent to stop using unlocked_uniforms as it's crucial to my group yet would love to use this mod's full potentional.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Also, when either a helicopter or jet is in the area, the zombies will automatically follow it instead of going after ground targets, can that be fixed?

EDIT:

Would you recommend ASR AI or Bcombat mod with this at all?

Edited by CommanderCaleb

I'm guessing like normal AI they will prioritize targets, attack choppers are pretty high on that list.

Could you provide a scripting example for creating a horde spawner? And for enabling jumping? Basically I want to ramp up the difficulty as the mission goes on, so I will start with slow spawners, then delete those and create medium, then medium with jumping etc.

The logic for jumping is ryanzombiesjump

Medium spawner is Ryanzombieslogicspawnmedium3

Ah, I was using unlocked uniforms...That explains. Ryan, did you ever get to look at Haleks/Pepe Hal's proposed fix to this issue? I have no intent to stop using unlocked_uniforms as it's crucial to my group yet would love to use this mod's full potentional.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Yeah, no worries. Will get onto it. We might make our own uniforms in future too, ripped clothes and stuff.

Also, when either a helicopter or jet is in the area, the zombies will automatically follow it instead of going after ground targets, can that be fixed?

EDIT:

Would you recommend ASR AI or Bcombat mod with this at all?

Zombies go after their nearest target, so as a helicopter flies over them they start going for that. You could use "this setcaptive true" on the air support for now to stop that, not sure if there's another way to fix it but I'll look into it.

Could you provide a scripting example for creating a horde spawner? And for enabling jumping? Basically I want to ramp up the difficulty as the mission goes on, so I will start with slow spawners, then delete those and create medium, then medium with jumping etc.

Just use "deletevehicle logic" to remove old spawners, and something like "_spawn = "Ryanzombieslogicspawnmedium1" createvehiclelocal (position player)" to make new ones.

And yeah, just use "ryanzombiesjump = 1" at any time, that'll enable it. Same with car throwing "Ryanzombiescanthrow", although that also needs a max distance set with "Ryanzombiescanthrowdistance = 99999"

I'm gonna release another update probably today or tomorrow.

This is what will be new:

- Compatible with unlocked_uniforms.

- Less zombies in shorts and thongs - more in pants, hoodies, etc. Instead of uniforms I'm using models from characters_f.pbo and they look way better.

- Fixed all the MP issues - spawner limits work properly, zombies don't spawn naked now and the animations work for everyone.

- New attack animation.

- Fixed the demon waypoint game logic and general script improvements.

edit: - Also removed the random headgear cause I doubt zombies hats would stay on for long. Some still wear glasses, but as we make new zombie skins and identities we'll remove the glasses.

Edited by ryandombrowsky

dddyrq.jpg

While I appreciate the efforts by modders to bring zombies to Arma, there's not enough in the engine animations department to make them convincing. They just look like angry civvies :D

http://i61.tinypic.com/dddyrq.jpg

While I appreciate the efforts by modders to bring zombies to Arma, there's not enough in the engine animations department to make them convincing. They just look like angry civvies :D

Allow me to disagree; there are several resources out there such as Teacup anims wich I find quite convincing.

Sure it's no Dying Light but it does bring in immersion; not to mention that a few modders are currently working on new animations.

I think it is perfectly possible to make an immersive zombie mod in Arma3.

TeaCup's anims were more than convincing back in the ArmA1 zombie days, when new animations were almost non-existent (and still are i think).

I think they would be still acceptable even in ArmA3 today. :)

Edited by Salvatore_Lee