Changed the waypoint game logic to affect all zombies (not just spawned), and it works quicker and more efficiently - they used to walk in a long column before in a group but not anymore.

That sounds great, I've been using road obstacles to try and break up the columns of zombies, would be cool to have them move more as a group / blob / mob!

As for the spider zombie and the leap zombie, sounds like great fun. My only request is to keep the regular ones in a separate module so we can keep the "classic" zombie horde feel when needed. To date I like the 28 days later type zombies, fast moving but easy to take down. Thanks again for the great work!

+1 for seperate modules for each zombie type.....as a child of the 70's i like my Zeds to shuffle and shamble to their deaths....Romero style.:pistols:

Forgive if already answerd. Looking at forums on my phone (been out and about on work the last couple weeks) my ohone browser sucks ;-)

Did the vers with the spider and ground spawn get released or is it still beta. will be back to my computer Friday and was wondering what I need to update.

Thanks,

B

It would be great to be compatible with HC . FPS would be retained and could spawn more zombies.

Already works great with HC

As for the spider zombie and the leap zombie, sounds like great fun. My only request is to keep the regular ones in a separate module so we can keep the "classic" zombie horde feel when needed. To date I like the 28 days later type zombies, fast moving but easy to take down. Thanks again for the great work!

I agree, fast and easy to drop are my favourite too! All the extra silly features, like tank throwing, jumping, etc, are all off by default. They're only enabled when you place the game logic.

Did the vers with the spider and ground spawn get released or is it still beta. will be back to my computer Friday and was wondering what I need to update.

Nah it hasn't yet sorry. We've started our first zombie skin, a sprint animation, and we've nearly finished an attack which is looking pretty sweet. This takes a while though so there's still lots to do.

Nah it hasn't yet sorry. We've started our first zombie skin, a sprint animation, and we've nearly finished an attack which is looking pretty sweet. This takes a while though so there's still lots to do.

Glad to see you're adding some layers to the mod, should really improve the immersion/feel of it (especially the idle/sprint animations). BUT, if it's at all feasible, would be nice if you could release a version with the new waypoint logic before the entire package is ready? That feature alone interests me me a lot :). Specifically the less column like movement.

Cheers!

199.168.142.115:2462

Feel free to join, just messin around with scripting limited ai spawning

Okay, I'll probably release a beta maybe today or soonish with all the new changes.

Please do

Will upload it probably in a few hours. Just gotta sort out some files and stuff and get it ready. :)

Will upload it probably in a few hours. Just gotta sort out some files and stuff and get it ready. :)

Hype Time!

Thanks for your work on this. People are quick to say that Zombies are an exhausted genre but I won't buy that until I've seen them done right. After watching your videos I'm inclined to think that's something you could nail.

Is there any way to stop zombies from going panic prone whenever I shoot them? (not using any AI mods, only TPW)

Also, tested the group of fast zombies (and demons), and for some reason only one of them was actually running and performing the unique idle (while the rest walked ArmA3 style).

Did the same with the slow ones, and again had only one zombie doing the unique shambling animation.

Could this be a problem solely on my side or something else?

Thanks for the answer. :)

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. Soon we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

first, its maybe great zombie mod in arma3.

i play the first version of zombie, some bug is causing the frame drop/drop the gaming performance for me so i fixed it and i hope fix that bug in the later version, but looks like still didn't not fixed.

bug is like below.

21:10:04 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombiesstronger == 1) then {_zombie >

21:10:04 Error position: <Ryanzombiesstronger == 1) then {_zombie >

21:10:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesstronger

21:10:04 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombiesinvincible == 1) then {_zombi>

21:10:04 Error position: <Ryanzombiesinvincible == 1) then {_zombi>

21:10:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesinvincible

21:10:04 Error in expression <if (ryanzombieswaypoint == 1) then {_zombie >

21:10:04 Error position: <ryanzombieswaypoint == 1) then {_zombie >

21:10:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombieswaypoint

21:10:04 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombiesstronger == 1) then {_zombie >

21:10:04 Error position: <Ryanzombiesstronger == 1) then {_zombie >

21:10:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesstronger

21:10:04 Error in expression <if (Ryanzombiesinvincible == 1) then {_zombi>

21:10:04 Error position: <Ryanzombiesinvincible == 1) then {_zombi>

21:10:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesinvincible

21:10:04 Error in expression <if (ryanzombieswaypoint == 1) then {_zombie >

21:10:04 Error position: <ryanzombieswaypoint == 1) then {_zombie >

21:10:04 Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombieswaypoint

i think your zombie script have some potential variable error.

for example, in your zombie.sqf, if (Ryanzombiesweaker == 1) then {_zombie setdammage 0.9}

if (Ryanzombiesstronger == 1) then {_zombie setdammage 0.9} is in script.

its looks like fine. but problem is, if editor didn't place the weaker logic or stronger logic, even didn't place the both, have the error.

thats maybe minor bug, but gathering the that bug consistently, maybe cause of drop the gaming performance.

my suggestion is, just input the variable sytax in logic.sqf

BEFORE EXAMPLE

#Ryanzombieslogiceasy

Ryanzombiesattackspeed = 1.2

Ryanzombiesattackdistance = 2.15

Ryanzombiesattackstrenth = 0.5 + random 2

Ryanzombiesdamage = 0.05

Ryanzombiesdamagecar = 0.01

Ryanzombiesdamageair = 0.002

Ryanzombiesdamagetank = 0.0001

Ryanzombiesdamagecarstrenth = 1 + random 0.5

Ryanzombiesdamageairstrenth = 0.5 + random 0.5

Ryanzombiesdamagetankstrenth = 0.1 + random 0.2

Ryanzombiesweaker = 1

goto "end"

AFTER EXAMPLE

#Ryanzombieslogiceasy

Ryanzombiesattackspeed = 1.2

Ryanzombiesattackdistance = 2.15

Ryanzombiesattackstrenth = 0.5 + random 2

Ryanzombiesdamage = 0.05

Ryanzombiesdamagecar = 0.01

Ryanzombiesdamageair = 0.002

Ryanzombiesdamagetank = 0.0001

Ryanzombiesdamagecarstrenth = 1 + random 0.5

Ryanzombiesdamageairstrenth = 0.5 + random 0.5

Ryanzombiesdamagetankstrenth = 0.1 + random 0.2

Ryanzombiesweaker = 1

Ryanzombiesstronger = 0

Ryanzombiesinvincible = 0

goto "end"

Edited by firewill

first, its maybe great zombie mod in arma3.

i play the first version of zombie, some bug is causing the frame drop/drop the gaming performance for me so i fixed it and i hope fix that bug in the later version, but looks like still didn't not fixed.

bug is like below.

Nice find! If this is what is causing most FPS I would be a happy camper! Tried the first version and it was really cool, but the framerate killed some of the enjoyment!

Maybe a hotfix is in order here? :)

Edited by chains
hotfix

Hi! I've had a lot of fun playing this mod. I have one suggestion: can you make the zombies' health configurable? Like have their current health as 'strong' and make another option for them to be 'weak', to take 1-2 hits to kill like the Left 4 Dead common infected