is there a way of making a module or logic that makes them spawn around you? i.e. even if your on the move the zombies, demons whatever would despawn and respawn as you move?

you could control number of zombies etc in X radius

so on

Hi, im having issue on dedicated spawning by eos. Zombies without clothes. Good job this slow anim are nice!! Waiting for update

awesome animations mate interested to see what the demons will have

these small simple mods are always the best imo :D thank you sir

I really like the look of this mod, the best thing imo is the fact that it's pretty small (anything that is < 100mb) and that it doesn't seem to break missions if I add it to my realism modpack. Like, my group plays a realism op and afterwards we have some fun with the zombies of yours without switching modpacks ;)

I hope you keep it that way and not implement systems that'd overlap on normal missions (except if it's optional/modular).

Keep up the good work ;)

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I love those new animations ! hmmmm well if you and your partner are messing with the faces anyway.....I have a suggestion in case its possible. Could the demon zombies have freaky glow in the dark eyes?

with that said I think this is really great the way it is. thanks again.

• Like 1

Great work! Mod definitely needs a better, more unified name though, something shorter and more recognizable.

Here's what the horde spawners look like now:

https://youtu.be/RhiIzuwX8u8

Way better than just appearing out of thin air. Even if they're crawling out of the ground through concrete. :eek: Still better!

Could you re-upload that in the day time it's too dark to see anything! :D

Easier to see now. :)

Could the demon zombies have freaky glow in the dark eyes?

Sounds cool! If it's not too much trouble I'll give it a go.

• Like 1

Quite simply one of the coolest entrances i've seen in Arma....you Sir, are a Legend......

Ahahaha, cheers, my partner is a legend cause she made it!

It looks a bit more weird when they're crawling out of concrete though. But it's still better than just instantly appearing. :p

It looks a bit more weird when they're crawling out of concrete though. But it's still better than just instantly appearing. :p

You could add a check into your spawn code to filter the surfaceType ex:

(surfaceType _pos) in ["#GdtDirt","#GdtForestPine","#GdtGrassGreen","#GdtGrassDry","#GdtGrassWild","#GdtBeach","#GdtThorn"]

Also you can scan for nearRoads and not spawn if too close.

Not sure if that would impact the frame rate much, but it's something to think about.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/surfaceType

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/nearRoads

Just a video with a module being used to change the horde spawners. Spawning is constant, density is over like 20m, and it's paused when there are 30 zombies alive at once.

---------- Post added at 06:58 ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 ----------

You could add a check into your spawn code to filter the surfaceType ex:

(surfaceType _pos) in ["#GdtDirt","#GdtForestPine","#GdtGrassGreen","#GdtGrassDry","#GdtGrassWild","#GdtBeach","#GdtThorn"]

Also you can scan for nearRoads and not spawn if too close.

Not sure if that would impact the frame rate much, but it's something to think about.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/surfaceType

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/nearRoads

Good idea, but probably won't worry about it as it probably would affect frame rate a bit if you're spawning lots.

along with the spawner could we have a waypoint module :)

for example we would sync it to that specific spawn module so when the zombies/demons spawn they would go to the waypoint module.

and we could have another spawn module with another waypoint module that would make them go to somewhere else.

just an idea :)

Really excited to try the new version with spawn count limiting and rising from the ground!

The animations are looking nice, and the new spawner is great. Awesome progress.

Hehehe, new spider zombie:

http://i.imgur.com/shBzMkD.jpg

Still needs lots of work though.

While my partner is working on anims and faces I'm improving the scripts a bit.

Changed the waypoint game logic to affect all zombies (not just spawned), and it works quicker and more efficiently - they used to walk in a long column before in a group but not anymore.

I've added another silly game logic to enable tank throwing. :o Just for funs.

Possibly going to add a game logic to enable a leap attack where they jump at you from about 25m or so.

Haha very cool! Would it be possible to change the number of zombies alive from a single spawner via scripting? And enable/disable spawners via scripting. I'd love to build a mission around this but I want to be able to start and stop certain spawners in reaction to certain events etc.

At the moment the alive limit is split across every spawner, might be tricky to set different amounts for different spawners but I'll give it a go. I think to stop the spawners you could just name the logic, and use "deletevehicle logicname"

Yer I guess if I can create them via scripts it should be a fine way to enable/disable the spawner. The reason for wanting limiting on individual spawners is because the Demon's are very powerful and I don't want too many coming out in comparison with the normal horde.

Please say the next version release is soon! Making maps with this mod is incredibly fun but encountered problems with making a map where you sweep through a city, performance is too bad if you spawn them all at once so need horde spawners with limiters!

Keep it up man :bounce3: