Nice, grotesque movements will add to spicing up these yuppy tourists. Speaking of which, would be nice if there was an easy way to make the faces just slightly off, studies have shown that slightly distorted or exaggerated features and expressions are far more scary than the flat out monster face.

This is very cool. Are you gonna add slow zombies too? I think having specific animations for slow walking would be pretty cool.

you could ask the CUP people for the source of the ported arma 2 civs. that would give you more interesting zombies like police men and all that good stuff and you'd actually have editable models to like say rip an arm off or do the deformations that were mentioned, or whatever you wanna do ;)

just an idea. because i gotta agree that those dudes in shorts are annoying. but i get it's not your fault and that it's probably much more appealing to handle everything on the script side.

^^ ^^

this :pray:

Great mod! Had some sweet moments with the infinite spawners, running out of ammo, being trapped, etc. Also, mowing down hordes with a little bird is a ton of fun!

Only problem I've noticed to date is that in urban environments, the zombies tend to move single file along what I assume are the pedestrian invisible walkways. Your video seems to show some more spread out horde movement. How did you accomplish this? Anyone else getting this issue?

infinite spawners???? where?

Modules (F7)

Zombie Settings

Select horde spawner of your choice.

Eh, this mod is great, everything works fine, but, when i try to survive as long as possible( in editor) i put horde spawner( game logic- zombie settings- horde spawner), but the problem is that in few minutes horde spawner makes so much zombies that FPS decreases drastically even with game logic that deletes dead zombies, they spawn too fast that my fps quickly decreases to 10 in 5 minutes. Is there any options settings where i can set horde spawner that there can be only certain number of zombies on the map at the same time( about 50... so if there are 50 zombies alive, spawner wont spawn as long as there is 50 of them on the map.. so if i kill one, and there is 49, then it will spawn only one more) or set it to spawn certain number of zombies in total... either way, is there some settings where i can set horde spawner to do that pls?

• Like 1

Only problem I've noticed to date is that in urban environments, the zombies tend to move single file along what I assume are the pedestrian invisible walkways. Your video seems to show some more spread out horde movement. How did you accomplish this? Anyone else getting this issue?

Hmmm, not sure. I've only seen them move in single file when its a group heading to a waypoint (and they haven't seen any targets yet).

Eh, this mod is great, everything works fine, but, when i try to survive as long as possible( in editor) i put horde spawner( game logic- zombie settings- horde spawner), but the problem is that in few minutes horde spawner makes so much zombies that FPS decreases drastically even with game logic that deletes dead zombies, they spawn too fast that my fps quickly decreases to 10 in 5 minutes. Is there any options settings where i can set horde spawner that there can be only certain number of zombies on the map at the same time( about 50... so if there are 50 zombies alive, spawner wont spawn as long as there is 50 of them on the map.. so if i kill one, and there is 49, then it will spawn only one more) or set it to spawn certain number of zombies in total... either way, is there some settings where i can set horde spawner to do that pls?

At the moment the spawners are on an endless loop but a few others have suggested exactly that. I didn't realise the spawners would be used that much so I'll try add more flexibility with it in the next update. :) But I dunno when that will be - could be a few months as work is busy. Currently I'm working on some cool animations for all the zombies (I'll post pics sometime), Zeus compatibility, more sounds, etc.

Also gonna make some random crazy exorcist demon thing, that runs really fast and like this - http://theawesomer.com/photos/2010/10/102710_exorcist_spider_walk_action_figure_1.jpg

Regarding the infinite spawners and the remove dead module, it'd be great if there was a way to decrease the time it takes for bodies to despawn so that FPS stays more or less solid. That, and a limit of zombies :p

Edited by PhonicStudios

Excellent mod!

Can you please make it so that we can spawn the zombies with Zeus? This would make it excellent for MP!

Excellent mod!

Can you please make it so that we can spawn the zombies with Zeus? This would make it excellent for MP!

Currently I'm working on some cool animations for all the zombies (I'll post pics sometime), Zeus compatibility, more sounds, etc.

I've created a module for the spawners and it's working good. :) You can choose how many alive zombies there are until the spawning is paused, the delay between each horde being spawned, and an option to spawn them at any random distance from the spawner logic. I'm also making an animation that makes the spawned zombies crawl out of the ground - looks better than them just instantly appearing standing up. The other animations are also coming along well.

I've created a module for the spawners and it's working good. :) You can choose how many alive zombies there are until the spawning is paused, the delay between each horde being spawned, and an option to spawn them at any random distance from the spawner logic. I'm also making an animation that makes the spawned zombies crawl out of the ground - looks better than them just instantly appearing standing up. The other animations are also coming along well.

Excellent! Can't wait to see the next iteration.

Here's what's new so far:

A walking animation (still got a medium, fast, and attack animation to make yet)

http://i.imgur.com/iXfngJV.jpg (561 kB)

Zeus compatibility - dropped a guy into many zombie demons and he went flying

http://i.imgur.com/gZXwswo.jpg (417 kB)

And a random screenshot of someone in a bad position

http://i.imgur.com/zqXKeEt.jpg (581 kB)

Great mod, lot of fun in MP missions.

Would it be possible in a future update to spawn Z or spawner in Zeus ?

About dam time someone stepped up and gave us some sprinting zombies! Good job, can't wait to try it out.

Just want to say keep up the good work. It is about time some one made a zombie mod that wasn't just about "running around starving and finding guns to kill other players".

Honestly if possible I would like to see something like this.

You start out at a military base, the island is already overrun but there is still pockets of survivors. Zombies and demons assault the base daily but you still have a mission of rescuing civilians. You must work together to balance out rescue missions, resupply, and base protection.

Also a full integration into Alive would be awesome.

I am really enjoying this mod. Also the Zeus work and head down animations are looking great.

If anyone wants to team up for some missions, let me know. Through MCC I have already constructed a couple of missions, where I can jump between actually playing the mission and overseeing things for zombie control.

Thanks for all the effort Ryan

No worries, would be awesome to play these missions if you ever upload them! :D

I'll probably post some videos later of the animations - they look heaps better than the original ones and add heaps more atmosphere. Still got a lot to do, and after the animations my partner is gonna work on some zombie faces and skins.

Silentghoust, that mission idea sounds wicked! Might have to try that one day!

Oh, I've also added Opfor zombies too. That means you can have zombies fighting other zombies. It's quiet funny to watch. :cool: