I'll have a look tonight when I'm back from work. ;)

My partner says she can make some animations for me. It might take a while as she's busy with Uni though.

My partner says she can make some animations for me. It might take a while as she's busy with Uni though.

you reminded me of something...would it be possible to create custom anims for the dogs and order them to attack the zombies while you reload(script triggered by the reload action)?

Hey Pepe, your probably right.

I use addons folders and cmd line parameters to isolate the conflicters until I've found "the one."

It's definitely the unlocked_uniforms.pbo. even downloaded the newer vers and it does the same thing.

On thing I did notice...made me correlate the uniforms & variety of zombies. All of the zombies go aimless and plodding along except for the press guy. After a small wait the press guy starts running around and eventually will find you. He doesnt always attack, but he runs.

B

Hey Pepe, your probably right.

I use addons folders and cmd line parameters to isolate the conflicters until I've found "the one."

It's definitely the unlocked_uniforms.pbo. even downloaded the newer vers and it does the same thing.

On thing I did notice...made me correlate the uniforms & variety of zombies. All of the zombies go aimless and plodding along except for the press guy. After a small wait the press guy starts running around and eventually will find you. He doesnt always attack, but he runs.

B

Yeah, the press guy, along with another couple units, couldn't be patched in unlocked_uniforms, so this confirms that modelSides can act funny with CfgMoves...

I don't really understand why; but the above solution is the best work-around I could find while working on my current project.

Note that it doesn't solve the AddUniform issue - users should avoid using that command on zombies - but at least they do use their assigned animations.

Put in the editor several "RyanZombieboss12" (class name) and armed offroad. Got some errors

20:25:08   Error position: <Ryanzombiesinvincible == 1) then {_zombi>
20:25:08   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesinvincible
20:25:23 Error in expression <[_trg2] exec "\ryanzombies\del.sqf>
20:25:23   Error position: <"\ryanzombies\del.sqf>
20:25:23   Error Missing ""

Edited by IHUNTERI

This is really cool man. Tried all the missions with buddies and it's a lot of fun!

The zombies don't sprint for me? No other mods. Car flipping works well. Tried all 3 example missions, no sprinting, just jogging.

The zombies don't sprint for me? No other mods. Car flipping works well. Tried all 3 example missions, no sprinting, just jogging.

The slow, medium and fast zombies are seperate. If you play zombie hunt in MP you can set them to fast in the parameters.

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

Put in the editor several "RyanZombieboss12" (class name) and armed offroad. Got some errors
20:25:08   Error position: <Ryanzombiesinvincible == 1) then {_zombi>
20:25:08   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesinvincible
20:25:23 Error in expression <[_trg2] exec "\ryanzombies\del.sqf>
20:25:23   Error position: <"\ryanzombies\del.sqf>
20:25:23   Error Missing ""

Strange. Never seen that sorry.

Ah I was playing multiplayer (not on a dedi though just hosting myself to test with a friend) and never saw the params button top right in the lobby. Does it only show on a dedi server lobby?

Nah, it should show normally. In the top right when you're selecting your unit.

I'd recommend night time, rainy weather, and full fog :P

It would be very cool if this mod were compatible with ALiVE. That way you could just make the zombies spawn anywhere with a custom military objective and not worry about them specifically. It'd also add an element of randomness to missions. I'd just want it so we could make sure they can or can't throw cars and all that.

So, I'm really dumb and not able to get the horde waypoints to work. Could you write a bit more about how each game logic is supposed to work? I know most of them are straight forward but it would go a long way if each were more described to help us idiots make missions that work as we hope is intended. Excellent mod!

Some documentation on using the Game logics would be great. Awsome mod.

The slow, medium and fast zombies are seperate. If you play zombie hunt in MP you can set them to fast in the parameters.

---------- Post added at 00:19 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

Strange. Never seen that sorry.

You have to launch the game with -showSciptErrors parameter (in laucnher: Parameters > Author > Show Script Errors). Also here is rpt file after some playing.

P.S. IMHO sqs scripts have bad impact on performance, but this is another story...

Edited by IHUNTERI

It would be very cool if this mod were compatible with ALiVE. That way you could just make the zombies spawn anywhere with a custom military objective and not worry about them specifically. It'd also add an element of randomness to missions. I'd just want it so we could make sure they can or can't throw cars and all that.

Just tested with ALiVE and i could not get this to work :C

You have to launch the game with -showSciptErrors parameter (in laucnher: Parameters > Author > Show Script Errors). Also here is rpt file after some playing.

P.S. IMHO sqs scripts have bad impact on performance, but this is another story...

one of the errors i found there are of the class names from arma 1 and 2(soldierWB)

also "Error in expression" means(i think) that something in the script is not liked by the engine(thats what i see in a2 when the script dont work)

speculation: "Uniform xxxxx is not allowed for soldier class yyyyyy" it might work like the scopes: some stuff don't fit other(???)

"Error Undefined variable in expression: ryanzombiesinvincible" i don't think that one is related with the uniforms

' Error Missing "" ' remind me of something...the slightest punctuation error MAY SCREW UP EVERYTHING. use poseidon text editor from armaholic a3 tools section to check the scripts and configs( i know from experience a missed ; may loose you a day)

Edited by freesets

as for the few errors i found there, keep in mind that some of the names there are from arma 1 and 2(soldierWB)

may i ask what game version(in short) you have cause you have a lot of errors there...also "Error in expression" means that something in the script is not liked by the engine(thats what i see in a2 when the script dont work)

SoldierWB (standing for "Soldier West Base" I guess) is a base class used in Arma3, nothing's wrong here. :)

As for the "Error in expression" thingy, BIS functions have a tendency to spew the same errors, so I don't know how reliable it is...

SoldierWB (standing for "Soldier West Base" I guess) is a base class used in Arma3, nothing's wrong here. :)

As for the "Error in expression" thingy, BIS functions have a tendency to spew the same errors, so I don't know how reliable it is...

in what config file it is first defined(SoldierWB) ? because if my memory is correct that is the bluefor/oppfor/ind soldier from arma 1. they were defined like: SoldierWB, SoldierEB, SoldierGB, then their derivates SoldierWCrew, SoldierWPilot, SoldierWAT, etc

in arma 2 they were in 2 words like: USMC_Soldier, RU_Soldier, etc...

in arma 3 as far as i saw on https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgPatches_CfgVehicles there is no SoldierWB, but it might exist somewhere for compatibility purpose(i didnt explore the full a3 config yet) and here : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_WEST

Edited by freesets
links

This mod is awesome, thank you.

Since Arma 3 released I've been waiting for a mod that is like Charon's Undead Mod for Arma 2, just place zombies in the editor and play without any BS.

This feels like it fills the need nicely and I had much fun playing with it, just writing this post hoping continued development.

in what config file it is first defined(SoldierWB) ? because if my memory is correct that is the bluefor/oppfor/ind soldier from arma 1. they were defined like: SoldierWB, SoldierEB, SoldierGB, then their derivates SoldierWCrew, SoldierWPilot, SoldierWAT, etc

in arma 2 they were in 2 words like: USMC_Soldier, RU_Soldier, etc...

in arma 3 as far as i saw on https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgPatches_CfgVehicles there is no SoldierWB, but it might exist somewhere for compatibility purpose(i didnt explore the full a3 config yet) and here : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_WEST

Just have a look in the config viewer under CfgVehicles; it is also mentioned in a couple wiki pages : CfgVehicleClasses & ArmA 3 Replacement Config Tutorial.

It is used as a common parent class for inheritence purposes, just like the CAman base class.

Very nice mod indeed, been waiting for it since Arma 3 release. But it is odd using the zombies outside of Altis and Stratis, since the zombies are based on Altis civilians.

Can you make an optional config, for example, to use the russian civilians from RDS A2 civilian pack and takistan ones from Leights Opfor Pack?

So, I'm really dumb and not able to get the horde waypoints to work. Could you write a bit more about how each game logic is supposed to work? I know most of them are straight forward but it would go a long way if each were more described to help us idiots make missions that work as we hope is intended. Excellent mod!

Thanks! :D With normally placed zombies, just use a normal waypoint. Horde waypoints are for the horde spawners, the zombies that spawn will move to that waypoint. It's there cause you can't give them normal waypoints as you can't see them in editor.

This mod is awesome, thank you.

Since Arma 3 released I've been waiting for a mod that is like Charon's Undead Mod for Arma 2, just place zombies in the editor and play without any BS.

This feels like it fills the need nicely and I had much fun playing with it, just writing this post hoping continued development.

Cheers, I will be adding more features in the future. :) Gonna start on some animations first and Zeus compatibility.

Very nice mod indeed, been waiting for it since Arma 3 release. But it is odd using the zombies outside of Altis and Stratis, since the zombies are based on Altis civilians.

Can you make an optional config, for example, to use the russian civilians from RDS A2 civilian pack and takistan ones from Leights Opfor Pack?

I'll have a look sometime, should be no problem.

Hey Ryandombrowsky, great zombie mod you have (the car throwing effect and fast zombies are really World War Z like), but despite the awesome Zed noise, the units still much like wounded civilians.. I´d liek to suggest a partnership with Gulo his mod gives a better zombie-ish look to undead units =)

cheers!