Kerc Kasha

Weapon Eventhandler Framework

Hi,

I tried to add this to a weapon and I can't get it to work, though I'm almost certainly doing something wrong.

This is what I added to my config.cpp

class bek_m38: Rifle_Base_F
	{
		class bg_weaponparameters 
		{
			class onFired_Action
			{
				HandAction = "GestureFireLRR"; //The name of the action that will play upon firing the weapon
				Actiondelay = 0; //The delay before the action and sound plays
				Sound = ""; //The CFGSound name that you want to play upon the activation of the action
				Sound_Location = "RightHandMiddle1"; //Selection name on the UNIT not the weapon, by default this is the right hand which suits fine for a bolt-action
				hasOptic = false; //For weapons with built in optics, overrides the attachment check
			};
		};

(I also added the GestureFireLRR code to the config as per your post #14 on page1). I also tried calling a different animation from another mod for testing (but I'm not sure that would work anyway), as well as adding a sound to see if this code got triggered at all, and no luck. Using the AWM pack by Toadie worked fine though. So what could I be missing? The animations from my model.cfg still play, there's just no additional functionality added on firing. Could my config be missing some class perhaps? here's a link to the entire config.cpp

Does the framework support more than one bolting animation. One for standing and one for prone?

I tried with these configs but only managed to get standing animation to play 

http://pastebin.com/kJeHS1a1

that should work, I don't know why it wouldn't. Maybe a limitation of the playaction command

Just wanted to pop in here and let you know how much this has added to my immersion when using Toadie's AWM weapons. I'd love to see it introduced into CUP (and other mods) as well. Good work!

• Like 2

Hi guys, sorry its taken so long to update this I've been in the process of rewriting the mod for better performance and haven't finished it yet, in the meantime this is a release to fix the config issue that was appearing since Apex release. I apologize for not releasing this sooner as I was looking in the wrong place for a solution when it was right under my nose the entire time.

Download:
Here
(Includes Server Key)

• Like 3

hold off on mirroring/installing, still seem to be having issues

good to go!

Edited by kerc kasha

Brilliant release! cant wait to give it a go. especially with manual bolting. thanks mate!

It says I am missing addon "CACharacters" and won;'t work with Toadies guns. Any ideas?

my mod doesn't require CACharacters so i'm not sure what could be causing that. what other mods are you running

I have an issue:
F0700E2EDC93FD06850CA59C96E4ED4DED735C54

I used these mods:
CBA v3.0.0
HLC core & HLC AWC (niarms)
Do you know what is the problem?

I have an issue:

F0700E2EDC93FD06850CA59C96E4ED4DED735C54

I used these mods:

CBA v3.0.0

HLC core & HLC AWC (niarms)

Do you know what is the problem?

Are you running the latest verison of HLC AWC? As it and the latest of this mod should resolve it

• Like 1

Are you running the latest verison of HLC AWC? As it and the latest of this mod should resolve it

Yes:

CBA 3.0.0

HLC AWC 1.25,

HLC Core 1.05.

And  weapon eventhandler framework 1.1

I unrap your config (sorry about that).
But i have to resolve the problem.
I don't know you intrested or not, but i can send it on pm or here?

my mod doesn't require CACharacters so i'm not sure what could be causing that. what other mods are you running

I'm a moron sometimes. I downloaded the wrong mod. Wrong eventhandler mod.

The real thing works.

I unrap your config (sorry about that).

But i have to resolve the problem.

I don't know you intrested or not, but i can send it on pm or here?

Go nuts, I don't mind people looking at my work. PM it to me

• Like 1

Hi,

I have the same issue that hoghtar, still this error message with the latest version of each mod.

And trying to adapt the mod to the base rifle (LRR) using the line given in the Armaholic download page won't work. Replacing the animation name by the one used for the HLC AWM weapons works, but the anim' is not fitted for other weapons.

It's a really good idea, but like you said, that can only be really implemented by original modders or by a modder who know how to make custom animations for BI weapons.

And if the issue already reported by hoghtar can be fixed, that can only be better.

Thanks for the work !

Any chance of an update to celebrate the latest version of the AWM/AWC pack?

Currently, an error is thrown and the following is launched into the .RPT:

16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.scope'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
16:28:17 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon bg_weaponparameters with scope=private
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.displayName'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.nameSound'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.type'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.picture'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.Library'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.model'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.simulation'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.fireLightDuration'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.fireLightIntensity'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.fireLightDiffuse'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.fireLightAmbient'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.weaponLockDelay'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.weaponLockSystem'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.cmImmunity'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.weight'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.lockingTargetSound'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.lockedTargetSound'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.detectRange'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.muzzles'.

Any chance of an update to celebrate the latest version of the AWM/AWC pack?

Currently, an error is thrown and the following is launched into the .RPT:

16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.scope'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon bg_weaponparameters with scope=private
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.displayName'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.nameSound'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.type'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.picture'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.Library'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.model'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.simulation'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.fireLightDuration'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.fireLightIntensity'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.fireLightDiffuse'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.fireLightAmbient'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.weaponLockDelay'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.weaponLockSystem'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.cmImmunity'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.weight'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.lockingTargetSound'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.lockedTargetSound'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.detectRange'.
16:28:17 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/bg_weaponparameters.muzzles'.

Yep should have it out by the end of the week it should have been done months ago but i've been part lazy/busy and just havent got around to it.

well I said later this week but I lied:

Changelog for 1.2:

- Resolved config warning messages (Thanks to hogthar for the solution for this)

- Resolved scope private error message

Download

• Like 1