Kerc Kasha

Weapon Eventhandler Framework

kSzVbY1.jpg
Hi Guys,
This mod is designed to act as a framework for other mod makers to extend the base games weapon event handlers to allow for easy to configure sound effects and animations upon firing a weapon. For the most part it's designed around the idea of bolt action rifles, pump-action shotguns and any other manual bolt operation weapon.
Another benefit to the mod is it allows for manual bolting of weapons, which is currently set for when you're looking down a scope allowing you to see where your shot lands before bolting.

On it's own the framework does nothing but with a configured mod (such as Toadie's upcoming AWM/AWC modpack), these features come to life:

Credits:
Kerc Kasha
CBA for the extended eventhandlers

Known Issues:
- Bolting noise may not play when an existing client bolts their weapon if you have recently jipped.
- Not a real issue and actually intended, when you are scoped you must exit scoped in view and allow for the weapon to bolt before being able to reload, this is to avoid a vanilla bug where reloading while the gesture is playing causes magazines to get deleted and can sometimes stop you from ever being able to reload.
- Unit addons that override CBA's XEH handlers will cause the mod to stop working, if you're having issues with particular (non-vanilla) units it's an issue with that addon!

Download:
Here
(Includes Server Key)

banner-420x120.png

news_download_a3_3.png
Weapon Eventhandler Framework v1.0

or from Steam Workshop:
**WILL BE UPLOADED TO STEAM SOON**

Dependencies:
CBA

Changelog:

V1.1

- Fixed config error in new versions of ARMA

V1.0
- First Public Release

Usage for Modders:
The mods eventhandlers are configured within your weapons class name using the sub class 'bg_weaponparameters' like so:

class bg_weaponparameters
{

class onFired_Action
{
HandAction = ""; //The name of the action that will play upon firing the weapon
Actiondelay = 0.2; //The delay before the action and sound plays
Sound = ""; //The CFGSound name that you want to play upon the activation of the action
Sound_Location = "RightHandMiddle1"; //Selection name on the UNIT not the weapon, by default this is the right hand which suits fine for a bolt-action
hasOptic = false; //For weapons with built in optics, overrides the attachment check
};
class onEmpty
{
Sound = ""; //The CFGSound name that you want to play upon the weapon firing it's last round.
Sound_Location = "RightHandMiddle1"; //Selection name on the UNIT not the weapon
};

};

onFired_Action is for manual bolt operations while onEmpty will play the specified sound when the weapon has run out of ammunition.

Example Config for the base game LRR

class CfgWeapons
{
class Rifle_Long_Base_F;
class LRR_base_F: Rifle_Long_Base_F
{

class bg_weaponparameters
{

class onFired_Action
{
HandAction = "GestureFireLRR";
Actiondelay = 0;
Sound = "";
Sound_Location = "RightHandMiddle1";
hasOptic = false;
};
};

};
};

Edited by Kerc Kasha
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Wow, revolutionary...You seem to have done that what BIS refused to do with the marksmen DLC..A feature that I've been wanting in the ArmA series for so many years.

I mean, the concept of bolt action animations is already present and was presented in e.g. RHS snipers (not sure if they removed it) but the problem was that the character would bolt the gun even while in the scope, which was terribly annoying as you couldn't keep track of your bullet.

And I am aware this does not add the hand animations or make the bolt move, this is up to the modder, but the fact that this allows manual bolting is fenomenal.

It's a shame that it is likely not ACE3 compatible...I think a large portion of this community uses ACE3 or will use it in the future (quite a lot of bugs now) :/

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 1

Wow, revolutionary...You seem to have done that what BIS refused to do with the marksmen DLC..A feature that I've been wanting in the ArmA series for so many years.

I mean, the concept of bolt action animations is already present and was presented in e.g. RHS snipers (not sure if they removed it) but the problem was that the character would bolt the gun even while in the scope, which was terribly annoying as you couldn't keep track of your bullet.

And I am aware this does not add the hand animations or make the bolt move, this is up to the modder, but the fact that this allows manual bolting is fenomenal.

It's a shame that it is likely not ACE3 compatible...I think a large portion of this community uses ACE3 or will use it in the future (quite a lot of bugs now) :/

Kind regards,

Sanchez

Should work fine with ACE? I haven't tested it myself but they should work alongside each other

EDIT: Ah I see the confusion I edited the first post, the issue is with unit addons that override XEH eventhandlers, not ace. Just Ace has the same issue this mod will have

Should work fine with ACE? I haven't tested it myself but they should work alongside each other

EDIT: Ah I see the confusion I edited the first post, the issue is with unit addons that override XEH eventhandlers, not ace. Just Ace has the same issue this mod will have

Well in that case, great! ;)

Keep in mind that this is not going to give you animations, that's part of Toadies AWM pack, I know because I have private DEV access to that pack. What this does is make the sounds align with the animations which is just as crucial and might I add even in closed testing this is some superb work. I am just happy I was able to help Toadie with the source for those animations which came off of the .408 LRR in game. Nice work there Kerc Kasha, you and Toadie are about to spark a new revolution in ArmA III, in regards to sound/animation sequences which is critical to bolt action rifles.

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Kerc Kasha , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Cool mod !

I read that the main problem was the chambering mechanism. There was a chance that they'd have released improvements in this area with the marksmen dlc, but it was postponed, sadly.

I made quick test video with CUP Lee Enfield /w rails with HLC anims, I though you guys might like it. I just wanted to try it on our guns, you can see that anim is off, but as I said, I just wanted to try it.
Anyway! Thanks for this nice addon, I wish we have some good animator in CUP who would made nice anims for our guns, then your addon would be really handy for us :P Edited by kllrt

OMG why is this comming up from today... did it take a long time to make this?

Where i can get this action animation " GestureFireLRR " ? Its not in arma on stable or dev i just checked it.

Where i can get this action animation " GestureFireLRR " ? Its not in arma on stable or dev i just checked it.

It is actually just not configured.

class CfgMovesBasic
{
class DefaultDie;
class ManActions
{
	GestureFireLRR = "GestureFireLRR";
};
class Actions
{
	class NoActions: ManActions
	{
		GestureFireLRR[] = {"GestureFireLRR","Gesture"};
	};
	class RifleBaseStandActions;
	class RifleProneActions: RifleBaseStandActions
	{
	};
	class RifleAdjustProneBaseActions;
	class RifleAdjustRProneActions: RifleAdjustProneBaseActions
	{
	};
	class RifleAdjustLProneActions: RifleAdjustProneBaseActions
	{

};
	class RifleAdjustFProneActions: RifleAdjustProneBaseActions
	{
	};
};
};

Will reenable it but it doesn't look very good as it seems to have been animated for a shorter version of the LRR

@Kerc Kasha

Thank you, i will check it as soon as i get to home :yay:

We tried it yesterday with Toadie's AWM. This is awesome, really, BIS should buy this to you and implement it vanilla.

Is the rebolting action automatic or is it manual where you have press your fire button and it rebolts a new round?

• Like 1

Is the rebolting action automatic or is it manual where you have press your fire button and it rebolts a new round?

If you're using Irons or a Sight, it's automatic. If you're using a scope it'll rebolt when you go out of the scope.

Just pointing out that this is compatible with ace since ACE3 doesn't override XEH's.

Great stuff.  Such a shame that BIS has the time to make a "Karts" DLC but the Arma series remains without bolt cycling animations or functionality 14 years after OFP was released.  Thank god for the mod community...

yes, again i'd like to say how epic this is. Im using it in conjuction with toadies awm and it is something that Arma series has been lacking.

I really like the not instantly cycling the bolt while in scope, but would it be possible to have the option to be able to click fire once again to initiate bolting the rifle for both iron and other sights? no idea how tricky that would be and it's not a lack of appreactaion. This addon is so useful.

but the thing is, as someone who shoots only bolt action in real life, I'm used to controlling my sight picture and determing exactly when i want to cycle the bolt. It's part of the being in control that shooting bolt action brings.it would also allow keeping the sight picture for as long as wanted.

• Like 3

Toady good job on sharing your progress on animation field with the rest of community! You are making unique strides in this field

Great stuff.  Such a shame that BIS has the time to make a "Karts" DLC but the Arma series remains without bolt cycling animations or functionality 14 years after OFP was released.  Thank god for the mod community...

Karts were done from one of modelers BIS devs in his spare time.Some developers are modelers, some are programmers and so on, each on

their own discipline.(BIS Modeler can't implement cycling animations is what I'm trying to say)