Sign in to follow this  
chrisb

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Looks a little Hollywood !?

Is it going to be any good ? can't tell much from the vid.

• Like 1

It looks like Rising storm with new weapons and models so I guess it will play like Rising storm with new weapons and models. I doubt that players will be able to control helicopters though, would be far too powerfull and not suitable for the relativelly small map sizes of RO games.

Huh, kinda weird that this is a thing. There was that In Country: Vietnam mod for RO2 that ended up becoming a standalone title and that we still barely know anything about. I think that they could pull it off if they tried. The tunnel section in the first Vietcong game made me claustrophobic as a kid, so the setting definitely has it's place in gaming.

Korea might have been a more practical setting, especially since I can't remember any game about it and I like new things, and some of the existing assets can be reused.

Don't know why they kept the Rising Storm name, since rising storm --> land of the rising sun. In Country for example is a great name.

Hmm looks interesting - do i agree that name could be different , rising storm has no meaning with the vietnam war so maybe because of marketing

also In Country: Vietnam has a great opportunity in UE4 engine

we will see if it will be worthy or not in the actual gameplay - those helicopters look great , i could play as a gunner all day with the 60s soundtrack heh

Edited by RobertHammer

Looks promising and cant say no to game marketed with CCR music, :) Vietcong game from 2003 still have some best gaming memories. I hope this or that In Country: Vietnam reaching that feeling of jungle. Seems like both still focus only on MP as bit downside. Interesting to see how Tanoa will look and work too.

Korea might have been a more practical setting, especially since I can't remember any game about it and I like new things, and some of the existing assets can be reused.

I agree, Korea would be a good subject.

Nice, haven't played a good Vietnam themed fpp in ages. Although what we see isn't graphically stunning based on same engine, looking pretty much like RO2 and I assume the game will have good performance without spending 1000$ on new gpu and such.

Edited by Sudayev

Cobras, Hueys, CCR. Anyone remember intro to the Battlefield: Vietnam? Even logo looks similiar! :p

Looks good but I personally don't like too much the MP focus with battling over check points and endless respawn. But for that sort of thing and historical battles, Tripwire's games are as good as it gets.

Having had honor of getting to test Rising storm prior to release am eager to test Rising Storm2 once its ready for testers. Battle field Vietnam was one of the game I still play from time to time so I look forwards this new game.

Definitely looking forward the release. RO2 has been played inside out, I find RS more interesting to play eventhough it has less content that RO2 has.

Seems good so far, having fun. Some gameplay today they reopened for us to have a proper go at skirmish mode, below that is the normal territory type mode.  

• Like 1

Hehe yeah it is they mentioned on the discord :)

I really want to try this, they keep sending me emails telling me the next alpha weekend is coming, but they keep forgetting to invite me ^^

Wave 5 Closed Beta – February 22nd

Wave 5 starts today - February 22nd! Be on the look out for Steam updating Rising Storm 2: Vietnam!

Brand New Audio Engine

Included in CB5 is a brand-new audio engine (Wwise)! Not only will you hear greatly improved sounds across the board… performance has also been improved. Weapon sounds are ‘beefier’ along with improved sound distance. Helicopter sounds have been updated. Ambience has been added and updated. As you move through the jungle you’ll hear ambient creatures calling out all around you, branches snapping and mosquitoes buzzing. Lastly, be sure to also turn on the music, as we have introduced brand new music tracks for both factions. As this is a large audio update, we have crafted specific survey questions to gauge your feedback.

Good audio update compared to what I tried on previous builds:

• Like 1

Oh no, not WWise...

That sound engine was mainly used for console games in the past and their ports and my system always had some weird problems with it. Like sound being too quiet, and unbalanced......

Noticed that with some of the helo startup sounds, i guess they'll get that part fixed though. The hamburger hill type map is pretty brutal as you would expect:

I did an impressions video from the point of view of someone who played the original Red Orchestra. It is the first time I've done a video like this so please let me know what you think :) 

• Like 2