Sign in to follow this  
ke6jzs

Variables, triggers, etc.... Zen Help

Hello, thanks for all the great things, many too much to mention, your scripting has allowed.

I am using Abduction to modify and learn from.

I've removed the END MISSION statement and would like to deliver the captured officer to a trigger that will recognize his presences, but I'm unclear of what he is? Is he: _officer? "Leader"?

I've tried: _officer in thislist;

and "Leader" in thislist;

I've also tried: _officer setName "Billy Bob";

Then: Billy Bob in thislist;

and "Billy Bob" in thislist;

Hummm.....

setName does not create a variable, it only sets a "name" variable for the object (I'm unaware of the exact internal details of how this is done). If I am correct in assuming this is an editor-based mission, then you'll need to put something in the "NAME" field for the unit. When done from the editor itself this will create a variable with the same name as what you entered, as well as setting the objects name (I assume by using the setName command)

setName does not create a variable, it only sets a "name" variable for the object (I'm unaware of the exact internal details of how this is done). If I am correct in assuming this is an editor-based mission, then you'll need to put something in the "NAME" field for the unit. When done from the editor itself this will create a variable with the same name as what you entered, as well as setting the objects name (I assume by using the setName command)

Hi Dreaded, thanks for the reply. This is not an Editor-based mission, this is created and spawned for the Init.sqf:

_officer = leader ([_objPos, ["O_officer_F", "O_Soldier_F", "O_Soldier_F"]] call Zen_SpawnGroup);

0 = [group _officer, "infantry"] call Zen_SetAISkill;

(group _officer) setSpeedMode "limited";

// _officer setName "Billy Bob";

_officer setSpeedMode "limited";

_officer setCaptive true;

_officer setUnitPos "middle";

_officer setBehaviour "careless";

removeAllWeapons _officer;