4 hours ago, Jezuro said:

@mo1ok So for 20 minutes you were unable to get half of your own team to kick the guy?

Most of players don't have a time and desire to kick Teamkiller.

This is the current reality...

How about create another thread about changelogs like 

?

• Like 1

While we're on the subject, not only are teamkillers often difficult to kick, I find myself being kicked more often than not. And no, I was not teamkilling or vote kicked. When I try to connect to US 01e server, I immediately get kicked for no reason. Apparently I cannot connect ever again until the server is restarted. But this has been happening for a few days. The kick happens before the lobby menu even loads.

I would really appreciate it if my ban could be removed. Even on the weekends, there are rarely more than 2 US servers more than 1/2 populated at any given time. EU servers are pretty pointless for me as a US player, since the already bad lag is even worse when connecting to EU servers. Having only one US server left to choose from, which could be full or lagged out, means I often can't play Warlords at all anymore!

HQvryPa.jpg

1 hour ago, CaptainDawson said:

While we're on the subject, not only are teamkillers often difficult to kick, I find myself being kicked more often than not. And no, I was not teamkilling or vote kicked. When I try to connect to US 01e server, I immediately get kicked for no reason. Apparently I cannot connect ever again until the server is restarted. But this has been happening for a few days. The kick happens before the lobby menu even loads.

I would really appreciate it if my ban could be removed. Even on the weekends, there are rarely more than 2 US servers more than 1/2 populated at any given time. EU servers are pretty pointless for me as a US player, since the already bad lag is even worse when connecting to EU servers. Having only one US server left to choose from, which could be full or lagged out, means I often can't play Warlords at all anymore!

Looks like the lobby idle kick to me. Happens quite often when you join via the launcher menu, simply because it takes too much time to load but you already occupy the slot. Sicne the player count is akready shrinking and only one server is populated at a time you're in trouble for half a day then, but it goes away by its own.

14 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Looks like the lobby idle kick to me. Happens quite often when you join via the launcher menu, simply because it takes too much time to load but you already occupy the slot. Sicne the player count is akready shrinking and only one server is populated at a time you're in trouble for half a day then, but it goes away by its own.

That's right I think, I was kicked a while ago for being AFK, but I don't see why that should ban me for the next day... I hope it goes away because it has been awhile since I was able to connect to that server. This is happening before I even select a slot, before the mission even fully loads.

@Jezuro, today on US 01w the whole game froze permanently for everyone again, this has been happening more often since the update. Some people are saying it has something to do with the new AA systems, since the placement of SAM sites has been corresponding to huge FPS drops for the whole server.

I’ve been seeing manned independent vehicles spawn on blufor and opfor controlled sectors as defenders when they’re attacked by the enemy team and they attack the other defenders. Only started doing it since latest update 1.92. Happens on Altis 64 at least.

Also there’s a strider that spawns in a building at Sofia power plant and the occasional AI glitched in a destroyed building or a rock you can’t kill but I think those existed before.

If anybody else here sees specific cases you might wanna list them.

Have been enjoying this gamemode in single player. 
But when i save in single player scenario or a lan hosted version, the warlords options to buy,vote and fast travel will disappear when reloading the save after reloading the game.

Would be nice if this gets addressed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crs24 said:

I’ve been seeing manned independent vehicles spawn on blufor and opfor controlled sectors as defenders when they’re attacked by the enemy team and they attack the other defenders. Only started doing it since latest update 1.92. Happens on Altis 64 at least.

Also there’s a strider that spawns in a building at Sofia power plant and the occasional AI glitched in a destroyed building or a rock you can’t kill but I think those existed before.

If anybody else here sees specific cases you might wanna list them.

Same problem

https://youtu.be/hkXNEbQwERM

@Jezuro Please check this issue

Sometimes spawned heli blocks airstrip:

https://youtu.be/sr7QDeopk_Q

Too long game rounds:

Spoiler

cLS19Pe.jpg61b0EAo.jpg

@Jezuro, I played a full Warlords match today, from start to server crash. I witnessed BOTH US 01e and 01w freeze permanently right after long range SAM launchers and radars were placed. There is a direct correlation between the server issues and the placement of the SAMs. There is visible increase in lag when the first AA is placed, increasing to the point where the missiles are fired, and the game freezes. It eventually recovers sometimes, but not before every player is forced to leave and lose their CP, meaning the game is effectively over for most players. Assuming one of the teams uses a SAM, the server often cannot progress beyond that point. The players that were in those matches today have agreed to a truce of no SAMs or radar use in the next game, but that will not prevent the inevitable crash when an unknowing player places an AA. There are multiple players who can confirm this, and there will be more once every player has experienced the inevitable server freeze. In my recent experience, before completing half of the mission time, the server crashes more often than not.

This is very annoying and I hope that it will be fixed soon, because it is no fun to be invested in a match and have it all crash.

Once more I offer my humble suggestion: 90% of the Warlords imbalance and lag problems would be fixed by just REMOVING the jets. While the Jets DLC is a fun and interesting addition to Arma, it does not belong in Warlords. It is not at all realistic to have massive air-superiority jets taking off from short dirt runways, and it is unreasonable to assume major superpowers of NATO and CSAT would be committing such expensive assets at dangerous spawn-camped runways so close to the enemy base. The Arma jets have unrealistic flight models, and missiles have unrealistic flight and targeting characteristics. The visibility is still far too low to provide for realistic flying. The "Jet Spam" is overwhelmingly powerful for either side. Once a team has air superiority, that side can nearly completely deny the other the use of all vehicles and aircraft with only ONE JET. The win condition is controlled by whichever team has a persistent jet player. People complain about the Rhino being OP despite its limited range, but the jets have full reign over the ENTIRE MAP! The new SAMs are not effective against the jets when the server has to lag to death in order to lock onto them. The jets do not add to the Warlords experience, they detract from it. Keeping the smaller helicopters as well as the Kajman and Blackfoot would make the game more reasonable and more realistic for Arma's tactical focus. Remove the SAMs and remove the jets and the game will become much better and playable in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, CaptainDawson said:

Once more I offer my humble suggestion: 90% of the Warlords imbalance and lag problems would be fixed by just REMOVING the jets. While the Jets DLC is a fun and interesting addition to Arma, it does not belong in Warlords. It is not at all realistic to have massive air-superiority jets taking off from short dirt runways, and it is unreasonable to assume major superpowers of NATO and CSAT would be committing such expensive assets at dangerous spawn-camped runways so close to the enemy base. The Arma jets have unrealistic flight models, and missiles have unrealistic flight and targeting characteristics. The visibility is still far too low to provide for realistic flying. The "Jet Spam" is overwhelmingly powerful for either side. Once a team has air superiority, that side can nearly completely deny the other the use of all vehicles and aircraft with only ONE JET. The win condition is controlled by whichever team has a persistent jet player. People complain about the Rhino being OP despite its limited range, but the jets have full reign over the ENTIRE MAP! The new SAMs are not effective against the jets when the server has to lag to death in order to lock onto them. The jets do not add to the Warlords experience, they detract from it. Keeping the smaller helicopters as well as the Kajman and Blackfoot would make the game more reasonable and more realistic for Arma's tactical focus. Remove the SAMs and remove the jets and the game will become much better and playable in my opinion.

Get your facts straight. Jets of al kinds can operate from unprepared strips if the necessity is there. 

A carrier based plane even more. Soem of the airframes in ArmA III even have unprepared runway equipmwnt build into the model, and working, like the air intake shields fpr the Neophron. 

Landing ans taking off and landing on grass strips is even modeled in DCS. You can do it with the Su-25, and SU-27 quite well. All you need is a reduced payload.

I personally would not bother any more to play warlords at all without the chance to have an dogfight from time to time. Now with better viewdistance it is even enjoyable finally.

Your frustration is more due to the fact that you exspect coordinated efforts from a team...well...forget it, it won't happen, and if it does it won's survive the first contact with the opposing team.

Join, have some fun, tank around, grind AI, crash a few planes and leave.

Thats the best way to habe fun.

Anything longer then 2 hours will just give you headaches, (due to frames getting low, anyway)

I've never seen the end of a match in months.

Warlords. thats just foolign around a bit, looking tacticool. If you're look for indepth strategic gameplay, try the milsim groups or BECTI servers.

Warlords uses fast travel, unrestricted gear and unlimited respawn. What do you exspect, apart from a fast paced fun mode and airquake?

Regarding crashes. there is somethign fishy about 1.92, I rarely had crashes and freezes in 1.90, but now with 1.92 I have it a lot, also in SP.

• Like 1

I played a round of altis 64 that lasted over 9 hours real early today, it was moderately populated when I joined, then well populated for a while, then sparsely populated at the very end, I know because I was there except it’s first hour, over 8 hours till it was won. And there were plenty of SAMs on the server although I think after a few hours the population dropped and blufor didn’t realize you needed a radar source, and it wasn’t SAMs existing I think that were the problem, it was when you fired them a lot.

First Sam I placed when I fired a single missile at nothing to test rearming, my FPS noticeably dropped for a few seconds when I fired it, it didn’t drop later but that’s something I assume when a lot of SAMs fire is a problem. Also rearming them doesn’t seem to work well with launchers placed by multiple people when you control them even when not firing (as they don’t rearm themselves) unless you own that particular launcher, and it sometimes requires sticking an ai or yourself in a ammo truck so it will rearm, which I assume is desync. I put a launcher as opfor that lived several hours, it lasted the whole match afterwards, needed ai sitting in ammo truck to rearm when controlling it and had a Tigris and a static radar giving it data, probably sat there and fired a couple missiles at something every so often and occasionally fired constantly under my control for several hours, and this one guy on opfor with me who was worried about his PC dropping FPS and kept worrying every vote attacking telos would do so only complained it did and left despite our teams success there when blufor went for telos after several hours.

Of course people leaving might balance the performance drop from a long run, but I assume the big issue is the SAMs being fired en masse not their existence alone are resource taxing on the server with that many people and that many targets. The Sams can LOAL, I once fired a Sam to test rearming with no target in sight and got a kill completely unexpectedly, so my suspicion is the biggest current cause of the freezing issue in warlords is the SAMs missiles are too resource intensive when fired rapidly from multiple launchers. I’ve seen freezes before but they were much more rare, and previous warlords related ones might of been from tons of mines and such. This is probably an arma 3 issue with the SAMs, I remember I used to hear about how the ghost hawks miniguns being fired used to lag the server to death until that was eventually fixed, but the issue never left some people’s minds.

@Jezuro as CaptainDawson said, every time I have played Warlords Altis since the SAM were added, the server has crashed. On my screen I can still run around, but all players and vehicles are frozen in place and damage does not register on them. CP also stops accumulating. You either needs to get more powerful servers (which might not even solve the problem) or put harsher limits on how many vehicle/AI/SAM sites a person or team can have. It really sucks for each team to trudge through the Green Sectors and then soon after PVP starts and people are buying more Vehicles/AI/SAM sites and then the server dies.

• Like 1

To add to that, as I wrote weeks ago.... the 32 Player Altis version had a noticable better performance. 64 Player is obviously too much for such a unrestricted gamemode.

• Like 1

So is it possible to use more then one Sector Response Team Module per Sector, example: One placed down for armor reinforcement and one synced for paratrooping?

@CaptainDawson 

In my opinion, Jezuro can modify mission for remove Jets&SAMs and test it on one Experimental server.

It's good way to collect stats and analyze after.

@Jezuro maybe change update workflow and update mission without update ArmA?

• Like 1

official Warlords servers were updated with server-side patch to solve some function scripting issues

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Beagle said:

Get your facts straight. Jets of al kinds can operate from unprepared strips if the necessity is there. 

Yes mate, I am well aware. As a pilot myself, I have operated from small airstrips and know the capabilities of my aircraft and the risks of making landings under less than ideal circumstances, albeit not in jets of course.

What I am referring to is the unrealistic setting in which jets are expected to operate. Just because a certain purpose built plane can land in a short distance in a somewhat rare instance does not mean a superpower would commit multi million dollar fighters to operate from sub-standard airstrips like Molos and AAC, especially when all airports on Altis can hypothetically be within range of enemy anti-air.

The runways in stock Arma maps are not proportional to most standard runways in real life, it only takes a quick look at width to length ratio to tell you that. Lets not forget that the flight models are not very realistic, and considering the fact that it takes a Blackwasp almost until the end of the AAC runway to take off, along with the large number of player driven planes that crash on landing (granted mostly noobs), my personal opinion is that jets do not make the game feel more realistic or immersive.

17 hours ago, crs24 said:

Of course people leaving might balance the performance drop from a long run, but I assume the big issue is the SAMs being fired en masse not their existence alone are resource taxing on the server with that many people and that many targets. The Sams can LOAL, I once fired a Sam to test rearming with no target in sight and got a kill completely unexpectedly, so my suspicion is the biggest current cause of the freezing issue in warlords is the SAMs missiles are too resource intensive when fired rapidly from multiple launchers. I’ve seen freezes before but they were much more rare, and previous warlords related ones might of been from tons of mines and such. This is probably an arma 3 issue with the SAMs, I remember I used to hear about how the ghost hawks miniguns being fired used to lag the server to death until that was eventually fixed, but the issue never left some people’s minds.

I think that may be a more accurate assessment of the issue. I was able to place one or two SAMs in coordination with a teammate, and the lag only increased by a fairly small amount. It was when they started to fire a lot that the game died. After my last game crashed, we all went on Global and both sides discussed the issue. Opfor confirmed that the addition of their SAM corresponded to the freezing of the server shortly after. My new theory is that it may have to do specifically with the AI controlling the SAM, since it seems to be less of an issue when it is player controlled.

After the freeze, I saw the humorous spectacle of hundreds of SAMs trying to target my Darter drone, which was pretty hilarious trying to dodge all of them. The Opfor player who placed the SAM had the theory that the issue was specifically the guidance systems of too many missiles trying to hit the target at once, and that if the target was hit and destroyed, the server would recover its other tasks. 

16 hours ago, Beagle said:

To add to that, as I wrote weeks ago.... the 32 Player Altis version had a noticable better performance. 64 Player is obviously too much for such a unrestricted gamemode.

I agree with you. Probably the reason they increased the player count was because Altis was simply too big for so few players. But at this point performance should be over player count. I think 48 player cap on Altis could be a start for testing better performance. 

Also, I think the addition of a 48 player Malden scenario would increase the amount of Warlords players trying something besides Altis. Malden is much smaller and has less sectors, for that reason alone it should have better performance than Altis with a similar player count.

We are closely investigating the current issue with servers freezing. To test if this could be caused by a script error spam, we've deployed a server-side hotfix that should get rid of those.

Would you say that server freezes are now less common, or is the situation more or less the same?

SAM investigation is next in line so if the problem persists we'll have our programmers look into it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jezuro said:

We are closely investigating the current issue with servers freezing. To test if this could be caused by a script error spam, we've deployed a server-side hotfix that should get rid of those.

Would you say that server freezes are now less common, or is the situation more or less the same?

SAM investigation is next in line so if the problem persists we'll have our programmers look into it.

Great! I'm about to join a server and find out right now.

@Jezuro I can confirm the situation has improved after the hotfix! Myself and multiple players used SAMs heavily, and while there were the occasional lag spikes, the game did not freeze and the game has been able to progress without murderous lag. This particular match has been running over 24 hours now without a crash.

On the flip side, there are still scripters/hackers screwing with the game and doing things like permanently changing the Opfor spawn marker to a swastika pride flag. After all the game crashes, we now have players getting angry at anyone who places the new radars, so obviously there will be some confusion left over no matter whether the issue is fixed or not!

What I can say after playing awhile is that the hotfix has had a positive effect on Warlords!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Jezuro  Hacker on server #11 !!! 14 h 20 HOURS OF PARIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Dwarden 

for the name I do not know who it is.

But explosions where everyone dies at the same time.

He is a hacker!

in general he is OPFOR and he wants to make the plane but since he can not then he rage and hack.

But if I see it I'll carry it to you.

On eu11 Some guy is currently hacking so many bomb explosions every couple minutes the server desyncs and everyone else freezes for everyone then the server comes back a couple minutes later and they do it again.