17 hours ago, N F said:

It says Invalid number in Expression.

Maybe im doing it wrong 😞 Or does it not know what airport number the ai airport helper is? I am sorry, i dont want to waste your time

Believe it or not, there's probably a space at the end.. Go to the last line of the code and delete anything after the semicolon, then delete and re-add the semi-colon  - just to be sure.

• Confused 1

Im so sorry there is so much to do wrong 😄

Now it outputs [[0],[144d130e080# 164543: gm_core_airport.p3d]]

It is Southern Sahrani

41 minutes ago, Hostilian said:

Believe it or not, there's probably a space at the end.. Go to the last line of the code and delete anything after the semicolon, then delete and re-add the semi-colon  - just to be sure.

Seems like if i copy the whole code it adds spaces after every ; at the end on each line. Is that an issue? But even after deleting those it doesnt work yet. But thank you i keep that in mind. Ill try to write all the code without copying, maybe that will help?

42 minutes ago, N F said:

Seems like if i copy the whole code it adds spaces after every ; at the end on each line. Is that an issue? But even after deleting those it doesnt work yet. But thank you i keep that in mind. Ill try to write all the code without copying, maybe that will help?

NO. Spaces are not an issue. The problem here is an invisible specific unwanted character, in your debug console when you copy/paste something from this forum, especially not wrapped as code (current text). This invisible character can be tracked by coping/pasting and wrapping as code again! (<> in editor line when you're writing here)
So, don't garble with spaces at the end of a code. Nothing to do with that!

SEE: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/230547-launch-of-0supplies-by-parachute/?do=findComment&amp;comment=3416415

The code I wrote was for BLUFOR diversion on a dynamic airport. You must adapt it for OPFOR if necessary, like that:

[] spawn {
  private _allRedAirInit = vehicles select {_x isKindOf "plane" && ([_x,TRUE] call BIS_fnc_objectSide) == EAST};
  private _spawnedRedAir = objNull;
  private _allRedAir = [];
  while {true} do { 
    waitUntil {sleep 2; _allRedAir = vehicles select {_x isKindOf "plane" && {([_x,TRUE] call BIS_fnc_objectSide) == EAST}}; _allRedAir isNotEqualTo _allRedAirInit};
    if (count _allRedAir > count _allRedAirInit) then {
      _spawnedRedAir = (_allRedAir - _allRedAirInit)#0;
      _spawnedRedAir landAt (allAirports #1#0);
    }; 
    _allRedAirInit = _allRedAir;
  };
};

NOTE: BLUFOR, OPFOR or INDEPENDENT, no matter the side, the codes are working for native side of the object. I.e. a Black Wasp F/A181 is native BLUFOR, a Neophron is native OPFOR, a Gryphon is native INDEPENDENT. If you spawn Gryphon for BLUFOR, you need to change side for INDEPENDENT (the variable names don't matter in fact).
I had to do that because crew are captive before landing, so civilian what ever the player's side.

21 minutes ago, N F said:

Or try pasting it into notepad first - rather than directly from the webpage?
I tried it and had to delete whatever was at the end of the last line - then it worked. Whatever was there before, the editor didn't like it.

12 minutes ago, Hostilian said:

I tried it and had to delete whatever was at the end of the last line - then it worked. Whatever was there before, the editor didn't like it.

Really, dude?
I checked my code in a Warlords mission. Did you?

Deleting what? spaces at the end of lines? It's utterly ridiculous! Your first comment was garbling for nuts a common issue easily removable when detected (see the link I added just above and remark the error sent in debug console of N F: nothing to do with end of line but a split command by invisible character).

Your second comment doesn't help but add more confusion, and a useless work.

Thank you so much it works now!

The code I wrote was for BLUFOR diversion on a dynamic airport. You must adapt it for OPFOR if necessary, like that:

Yeah i changed it already and deleted it afterwards and pasted your code into it just for presentation. The real problem here was i wrote "Opf" instead of "Blu". I didnt know that. There is so much you have to know. Its really really hard for beginners. But now we made it and i am very thankful! I will upload the mission very soon and call it POOP CTI - Warlords Southern Sahrani if you want to check it out. No advertising, just for you if you would like to check it out.

Again, thank you so much!!!

8 minutes ago, N F said:

I will upload the mission very soon and call it POOP CTI - Warlords Southern Sahrani if you want to check it out.

Why not? thanks

4 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Really, dude?
I checked my code in a Warlords mission. Did you?

Deleting what? spaces at the end of lines? It's utterly ridiculous! Your first comment was garbling for nuts a common issue easily removable when detected (see the link I added just above and remark the error sent in debug console of N F: nothing to do with end of line but a split command by invisible character).

Your second comment doesn't help but add more confusion, and a useless work.

Yes, I did do it in the editor. No, I did not suggest deleting 'spaces at the end of lines' (plural).

I was trying to help - and stated what I tried and what worked for me. No need for you to be a dick about it. OK!

Just in case anyone here knows, is there a good way to write the current sectors captured/owned by factions to profilenamespace? I'm setting up a custom Warlords mission for my unit's server to run through the midweek period but unfortunately am pretty green when it comes to scripting. Does anyone here already have any persistence systems sorted out?

Anyone able to assist with a mission editing problem I'm having please? Not sure if it's because I don't have enough people on the server (when testing), or it's something else.

Basically, the "reset sector voting" option looks to be 'disabled'. I've checked the init file in Eden and it shows that it should be allowed. However, running the mission (in the parameters and when the mission has loaded in the LOG in the map screen) it shows that reset sector voting is Disabled. The option to vote to reset the sector on the in-game strategy menu is not present..

No idea what's going on with it. I've enough CP, the option is just not there! Testing mission on a dedicated server.

In the mission.sqm, the property="ModuleWLInit_F_VotingResetEnabled"; looks to be set to value=1;

(If that's the attribute I'm after?)

Any thoughts please?

On 1/28/2023 at 3:33 PM, Hostilian said:

Basically, the "reset sector voting" option looks to be 'disabled'.

OK. Figured it out.

It's disabled by default and you've to add/change a couple of files.

Added a line to the description.ext   (points to the copy of the file in the root of the mission folder)

#include "cfgMissionParams.inc"

Added these two files from the official missions folder to my mission folder.

cfgMissionParams.inc

and

cfgMissionParams_subclasses.inc

Modified the cfgMissionParams_subclasses.inc file to just have the few classes I needed (class BIS_WLVotingResetEnabled - I changed the default to "1").

Modified the cfgmissionparams.inc file to point to the newly modified cfgMissionParams_subclasses.inc in the root of the mission folder  (rather than the default, which is buried in the standard ARMA files).

ie.

#include "cfgMissionParams_subclasses.inc"

...and now it works! I'll probably just tidy it up and put these params in the description.ext file.

However, it's messed up my 'Custom' Difficulty. Any thoughts on how to get my custom difficulty options working again please?

edit..
Solved. It was something to do with the server start comand and the order of the commands - oddly.

Custom difficulty now working and tidied it up into the description.ext and in the Profile.

@Jezuro

There is an error in fn_WLInit.sqf:

Spoiler

Error in expression <en {deleteGroup _grp};
}
} forEach crew _x;
deleteVehicle _veh;
}
}
}
} forEach >
22:28:08   Error position: <_x;
deleteVehicle _veh;
}
}
}
} forEach >
22:28:08   Error Undefined variable in expression: _x
22:28:08 File A3\Functions_F_Warlords\Warlords\fn_WLInit.sqf..., line 397

referring to the code:

Spoiler

{
                _x spawn {
                    _veh = _this;
                    sleep 2;
                    if (!isNull _veh) then {
                        _pos = getPosATL _veh;
                        _depth = _pos # 2;
                        if (_depth < -0.7 || (_depth < -0.55 && surfaceIsWater _pos)) then {
                            {
                                if (!isNull _x) then {
                                    _x setPos position _veh;
                                    _grp = group _x;
                                    if (isPlayer _x) then {_x setDamage 1} else {deleteVehicle _x};
                                    if (count units _grp == 0) then {deleteGroup _grp};
                                }
                            } forEach crew _x;
                            deleteVehicle _veh;
                        }
                    }
                }
            } forEach _vehiclesBelowGround;

The code should be:

{
                _x spawn {
                    _veh = _this;
                    sleep 2;
                    if (!isNull _veh) then {
                        _pos = getPosATL _veh;
                        _depth = _pos # 2;
                            {
                                if (!isNull _x) then {
                                    _x setPos position _veh;
                                    _grp = group _x;
                                    if (isPlayer _x) then {_x setDamage 1} else {deleteVehicle _x};
                                    if (count units _grp == 0) then {deleteGroup _grp};
                                }
                            } forEach crew _veh;
                            deleteVehicle _veh;
                        }
                    }
                }

or even:

{
                _x spawn {
                    _veh = _this;
                    sleep 2;
                    if (!isNull _veh) then {
                        _pos = getPosATL _veh;
                        _depth = _pos # 2;
                            deleteVehicleCrew _veh;
                            deleteVehicle _veh;
                        }
                    }
                }

Other issue about selection of sector for drop zone. Clicking on an owned sector can lead to error in drawIcon (sometimes, after several drops OK, Can't say why):

Spoiler

Error in expression <rrowMediumPro",
"right"
];

(_this # 0) drawIcon [
"A3\ui_f\data\map\groupicons\>
23:06:39   Error position: <drawIcon [
23:06:39   Error Type Any, expected String
23:06:39 Error in expression <rrowMediumPro",
"right"
];

(_this # 0) drawIcon [
23:06:42   Error position: <drawIcon [
23:06:42   Error Type Any, expected String
23:06:42 Error in expression <
_sector = _this # 0;
_iconGrp = group (_sector getVariable "BIS_WL_pointer");
_>
23:06:42   Error position: <_sector getVariable "BIS_WL_pointer");
_>
23:06:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: _sector
23:06:42 File A3\Functions_F_Warlords\Warlords\fn_WLSectorIconUpdate.sqf..., line 14
23:06:42 Error in expression <Text");
};
};
case "reset_shape": {
if (_sector in [BIS_WL_base_EAST, BIS_WL_bas>
23:06:42   Error position: <_sector in [BIS_WL_base_EAST, BIS_WL_bas>
23:06:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: _sector
23:06:42 File A3\Functions_F_Warlords\Warlords\fn_WLSectorIconUpdate.sqf..., line 112
23:06:42 Error in expression <rrowMediumPro",
"right"
];

Thanks for your attention.

Any idea how to disable the "10cp award for killing an enemy"? I'm trying to avoid kill confirmation messages and this breaks it.

Why does it take sometimes 15-20 refreshes of the official servers list, before a particular server - like the Warlords 01e server - to show up on the list? Even when the server hardly has anyone in it? Sometimes when I refresh the list, the browser pulls up 40-50 servers, then other times it pulls up 100+ servers. Makes it very difficult to join servers that I prefer to play in, when the browser refuses to pull up those servers. Is there anything I can do to help make that process move along more smoothly?