On 2/12/2020 at 12:39 PM, galzohar said:

1.. You don't think that taking hours to find any enemy player is a problem?

2.. As for spawning, I noticed it depends on where you come from..

3.. Regarding difficulty, seeing AI on map can be fixed by mission scripting if it's important for this mission's gameplay. Friendly players are already appearing by script.

Not for me... I don't play the large maps.. The 16 player (some are 32) are small enough that you don't need to spend and entire day playing (and you might actually be there when the game ends)..

You can choose where you spawn (to an extent). Just don't make the same mistake twice - or drive there..

I play only veteran so I can only play what the veteran server is running. Also most of the week only 1 server has high population so you must play that.

Also, when the veteran server was populated the game was just going back and forth around the same few central objectives. Seems like unless one team is much better than the other or one of the teams starts to quit nobody is going to get past the chokepoints.

Well since it has become a common "tactic" to spawn Cruise Missiles, GBUs and DAGRS from backpacks using ZEUS profiles in Arsenal...why should anyonewant to play warlords? You even get life tutorials how to do in in VON by now on the US servers. The game mode is a joke nowm, a bad joke. Just right now i picked up one of the magic Bergens two players dropped all over the base and was able to shoot ASRAMS, AMRAAMS and Scalpels out of my bare hands....magic. This experience explains a lot of the bullshit that is going on lately in warlords. AT least we now also know how to equip a police siren.

On 2/24/2020 at 1:34 AM, Beagle said:

Well since it has become a common "tactic" to spawn Cruise Missiles, GBUs and DAGRS from backpacks using ZEUS profiles in Arsenal...why should anyonewant to play warlords? You even get life tutorials how to do in in VON by now on the US servers. The game mode is a joke nowm, a bad joke. Just right now i picked up one of the magic Bergens two players dropped all over the base and was able to shoot ASRAMS, AMRAAMS and Scalpels out of my bare hands....magic. This experience explains a lot of the bullshit that is going on lately in warlords. AT least we now also know how to equip a police siren.

This mode is a waste of dev time.  Nearly every match is ruined by team killers, team stackers and hackers.  Meanwhile private servers all have 0 players.

• Like 1

Can Air units be added to initial sector resistance group too?

There no air groups in CfgWLFactionAssets.

Is there any way to play Warlords Redux in Singleplayer ? 

I tried playing in LAN since the mission only appears there but there's no BLUFOR or OPFOR commander AI, only AAF AI occupying objectives (the also work and fire back).

So is it possible to active the enemy and friendly commander AI's ?

I checked and there's no "disable" AI button so i can't turn it on (even though it's there in the normal Warlords usable under the "Scenario" tab.)

Also the mission parameters are lacking the CP starting amount and multiplier.

Ummm, yeah.. You need to go into Multiplayer - Server Browser, then 'Host server' at the top. 

Not the Single Player menu.

Choose the map and mission (Warlords, obviously) and it will host the mission on your PC. 

You then join as a player. Just make sure each player slot has 'AI' present (not 'nobody'). Dont fill out too many slots with AI.. Depends on how powerful your PC is but I wouldn't go 32vs32!  😄

Other people can join to your game on the same LAN (or even across the Internet) - if required and if the ports are open..

Cheers,

H

Ummm, yeah.. You need to go into Multiplayer - Server Browser, then 'Host server' at the top. 

Not the Single Player menu.

Choose the map and mission (Warlords, obviously) and it will host the mission on your PC. 

You then join as a player. Just make sure each player slot has 'AI' present (not 'nobody'). Dont fill out too many slots with AI.. Depends on how powerful your PC is but I wouldn't go 32vs32!  😄

Other people can join to your game on the same LAN (or even across the Internet) - if required and if the ports are open..

Cheers,

H

that's the problem, the AI slots don't have any options and there's no button to add them, i'm always running Warlords Redux in the MP lobby as LAN game but i don't have the add AI option 😞 , i can only add myself on the AI slots.

i also found a bug in Warlords Redux, when you save and leave the server, when you come back it loads normally but i don't have access to the Warlords menu anymore (the "i" key), it doesn't work anymore and only opens the inventory, holding "i" doesn't make the menu appear, i've tried respawning but it still doesn't appear.

that pic is the Warlords Redux Multiplayer LAN lobby menu :

https://imgur.com/6A2zHuc

and that pic is the "vanilla" Warlords 32vs32 Multiplayer LAN lobby menu :

https://imgur.com/Rqm6Eu7

as you can see the normal mode has the AI options and i can play normally (except there's no save, that's why i downloaded Warlords Redux).

also Warlords Redux doesn't appear in the singleplayer menu ("scenario" tab).

@Jezuro  

Is Warlords now "as it is" or can we still exspect the solution to teamswapping for sabotage purposes and the exploit of Arsenal presets leading to the now daily use of DAGRS, ASRAAM as "Launcher infantry" weapons and the formerly banned mine dispersers?

20 hours ago, ZeroisVOID said:

that's the problem, the AI slots don't have any options and there's no button to add them, i'm always running Warlords Redux in the MP lobby as LAN game but i don't have the add AI option 😞 , i can only add myself on the AI slots.

i also found a bug in Warlords Redux, when you save and leave the server, when you come back it loads normally but i don't have access to the Warlords menu anymore (the "i" key), it doesn't work anymore and only opens the inventory, holding "i" doesn't make the menu appear, i've tried respawning but it still doesn't appear.

that pic is the Warlords Redux Multiplayer LAN lobby menu :

https://imgur.com/6A2zHuc

and that pic is the "vanilla" Warlords 32vs32 Multiplayer LAN lobby menu :

https://imgur.com/Rqm6Eu7

as you can see the normal mode has the AI options and i can play normally (except there's no save, that's why i downloaded Warlords Redux).

also Warlords Redux doesn't appear in the singleplayer menu ("scenario" tab).

Redux is an experimental version with stripped and added features to deal with cheating and the problems I mentioned above. It is not meant to work as a single player mission.

6 hours ago, Beagle said:

Redux is an experimental version with stripped and added features to deal with cheating and the problems i mentionesd above. It is not meant to work as a single player mission.

oh shoot, well too bad, i guess i'll have to wait until it gets released to Vanilla :s .

4 hours ago, Beagle said:

Does not only ruin ZEUS but Warlords even more. This madness is going on for months now..

Has already been fixed internally.

On 3/21/2020 at 3:54 PM, ZeroisVOID said:

Is there any way to play Warlords Redux in Singleplayer ? 

Yes. Go to Arma's Steam Workshop and search for Warlords Redux. You'll find the Warlords Redux 0.57 version there. Host that in LAN and you can play single player.

To add AI, I've downloaded one of the many debug console mods from Workshop. With the console open, type:

SpawnUnit_command = _this select 0; SpawnUnit = "B_recon_JTAC_F" createunit [[(getpos player select 0), (getpos player select 1), 50], group player, format["%1", SpawnUnit_command]];

To add a vehicle, type:

_veh = "I_LT_01_scout_F" createVehicle(position player);

To open Arsenal, type:

["Open", true] spawn BIS_fnc_Arsenal;

For a list of all assets go here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Assets

Game Version 1.98. Warlords on official servers. Some Players still roam the game with infinite ammunition, particularly carpetbombing with LGBs or launching dozends of missiles from airplanes. Also those planes spawn at strange places. Clearly script abuse still possible and therefore done plenty.

• Thanks 1

What is currently going on with all that locked, but nevertheless populated [official]warlords servers. Have the Hackers now finally taken it all over?

16 hours ago, Beagle said:

What is currently going on with all that locked, but nevertheless populated [official]warlords servers.

When a server update is planned, servers get locked so no new players join in, we wait till they are empty, then they are shut-down and the update is installed.

8 hours ago, Dedmen said:

When a server update is planned, servers get locked so no new players join in, we wait till they are empty, then they are shut-down and the update is installed.

I doubt that was the case, because all those servers got updated the day before. But I had a hint on Dicord the closure was due to hunting down some script-cheaters. See my post from Tuesday!

On 4/17/2020 at 6:16 PM, Beagle said:

I doubt that was the case, because all those servers got updated the day before.

That was actually indeed the case though.

My feedback, same as the last 6 months. 2 players, one Kajman and one T-140 abuse unlimited reload and repair to fire from out of range of missiles and rain down ripple fire on hopeless new players. 2 players that have a decent understanding of how to abuse poor game meta completely run roughshod over the entire server for nearly whole "Anthrakia stalemate" portion of the game. This tactic ruins what immersion is left and players are demoralized and don't want to play anymore. As someone who has used these tactics in the past, it even becomes pointless for the aggressor when he realizes there is no point to the game when one player has complete control to massacre contested sector spawns from a ridiculous distance with no repercussions because noobs don't know how to counter an enemy they can't see. When someone has died 4 times in a row immediately as soon as they spawn in the contested sector, guess what? They don't want to teleport to contested sector anymore because it isn't fair. I know because this is why I always rage quit Warlords. If >75% of players are not going to the contested sector, the game will always stalemate and drag on for dozens of hours. Until someone who knows how to spam Rhino ATGM joins Blufor, Blufor almost always has their hands tied behind their backs as they are stuck with the majority of noobs and players who don't have as much experience abusing ripplefire tactics as Opfor veterans. I don't know what others see but this is literally all I see nearly every time I log on a server that has been running more than 2 hours into a match.

• Sad 1

Please, can we can we please just auto teleport players to Contested Sector on start, or at the very least make Warlords more straightforward and simple? Often I see over 5 times as many players in spawn as there are in the contested sector any given time I log in. It is usual to see more than 10 in spawn and usual to see less than 5 in contested in a FULL SERVER. Nearly every single time I attempt to play non-redux warlords Blufor is losing pitifully because no one is actually teleporting from the base. There is no reason to make players search through menus and make a map selection for contested sector when there can only be ONE contested sector at a time. What is there to select? Why do we even spawn at the base, the contested sector is the only place you can capture initially, that is where all the players should spawn by default. If they want to go to an already seized sector or do something else, there's no problem with using the menu to select from the many different sectors available. But I shouldn't have to spend my entire game trying to explain needlessly complicated teleport every time another player joins, for them to rage quit minutes later tired of getting CAS spammed on spawn, and cycle continues. "Hold 'I' to fast travel" the server message says. It's not hold I, its: "I" / Strategy / Fast Travel to Contested Sector / search through map to find the single contested sector on the map, not to mention new player doesn't even know what contested sector icon even looks like. None of this is necessary. Almost without exception, dozens of players sit in spawn and either do nothing, or teamkill the entire match. Please let the players all spawn near the action in contested sector by default, if they want to play casually on their own and not use voice chat, now they are near the fight and don't have to ask how to teleport. The only time we even need to spawn in the base is when we need to defend it. Lack of players in the contested sectors immediately stagnates the game, greatly increases the time for one side to win, and makes the entire experience much worse for both teams. Just spawning all players in the contested sector would make the general purpose and idea of Warlords much more clear to new players, increase new player interest and retention for Warlords, and literally cut the match completion time in half.

• Sad 1

On 4/20/2020 at 9:25 PM, CaptainDawson said:

My feedback, same as the last 6 months. 2 players, one Kajman and one T-140 abuse unlimited reload and repair to fire from out of range of missiles and rain down ripple fire on hopeless new players. 2 players that have a decent understanding of how to abuse poor game meta completely run roughshod over the entire server for nearly whole "Anthrakia stalemate" portion of the game. This tactic ruins what immersion is left and players are demoralized and don't want to play anymore. As someone who has used these tactics in the past, it even becomes pointless for the aggressor when he realizes there is no point to the game when one player has complete control to massacre contested sector spawns from a ridiculous distance with no repercussions because noobs don't know how to counter an enemy they can't see. When someone has died 4 times in a row immediately as soon as they spawn in the contested sector, guess what? They don't want to teleport to contested sector anymore because it isn't fair. I know because this is why I always rage quit Warlords. If >75% of players are not going to the contested sector, the game will always stalemate and drag on for dozens of hours. Until someone who knows how to spam Rhino ATGM joins Blufor, Blufor almost always has their hands tied behind their backs as they are stuck with the majority of noobs and players who don't have as much experience abusing ripplefire tactics as Opfor veterans. I don't know what others see but this is literally all I see nearly every time I log on a server that has been running more than 2 hours into a match.

Theres something painfully ironic about a player, who's entire game meta is to hide 8 km away in a warehouse firing Rhino ATGMs, complain about getting killed by something he can't reach... Nonetheless Kestrel here does bring up a good point which is that Warlords dearly needs to have new players initially assigned to a random team to disperse noobs on both sides, and perhaps pop an "instructions" dialogue when they initially join to run them through the basics. Don't think automatically spawning players to a contested zone is a good idea though, since they can just get trapped in an endless cycle of getting spawn killed there, a more aggressive afk kick should do the trick for filtering out players sitting at spawn. And for the kajmans carpet bombing, just nerf their reload speed to 1 He rocket every 1 - 2 seconds, that should do it.

Hello, all trying to make a custom warlords scenario have my custom asset list have set it as the list to be used. when i load the scenario to test my request list is empty. when i check the CfgWLRequisitionPresets in the config viewer i do not see MyWLAssetList listed there is this why my custom list is not loading and if so how do i fix.

my desription.ext file

thanks for any help that is given.

well i tried a new name for the MyWLAssetList and it works now so there we are  i guess.

18 hours ago, Sophecles said:

Theres something painfully ironic about a player, who's entire game meta is to hide 8 km away in a warehouse firing Rhino ATGMs, complain about getting killed by something he can't reach... 

The fact that peeps get all salty the second I get in a Rhino proves they don't know how to play the game. Rhino can be extremely easily countered it is predictable and obvious where Rhinos go because any non-redux game is literally almost exactly the same every time. This last game, I killed myself several times in Rhino due to dsync and getting arma'd. Whereas, Neophron can use the awful lag to easily avoid AA missiles even at point blank range lock on. That being said, yes the Rhino ATGM is ridiculously OP when it's UNLIMITED, and so are all the other weapons that are unlimited. If it was limited to the 4 ATGMS that come with the vehicles that would be a reasonable balance to the vehicle, with lowered CP cost of course. But if you're going to do that then we're gonna need to explain how I'm supposed to combat 3 T-140Ks sitting outside the infantry view distance lobbing unlimited 125mm HE into the contested sector spawn without me using a Rhino. And no, one player walking 30 minutes to get behind them with a vorona and expecting to win against all 3 of them its not going to happen. (Ask me how I know)

Right now I'm attempting to play Redux. I have to walk 400 meters on open runway to kill one T-140 who is sitting in a hanger like a wimp, while some hacker or exploiter is 1500 meters away with unlimited voronas ATMGing every player that spawns on contested sector which is in an open field.  Meanwhile >75% of my team is in the spawn because teleport is blocked in base again. That's why I go in Rhino, because skill or lack of skill is not what wins the game anymore when everyone can predict the layout of the whole game. Remove Rhino for all I care, I'd rather have a balanced game but that can't happen with CAS spam and Whack-a-mole meta the way it is.

18 hours ago, Sophecles said:

Nonetheless Kestrel here does bring up a good point which is that Warlords dearly needs to have new players initially assigned to a random team to disperse noobs on both sides, and perhaps pop an "instructions" dialogue when they initially join to run them through the basics. Don't think automatically spawning players to a contested zone is a good idea though, since they can just get trapped in an endless cycle of getting spawn killed there, a more aggressive afk kick should do the trick for filtering out players sitting at spawn. And for the kajmans carpet bombing, just nerf their reload speed to 1 He rocket every 1 - 2 seconds, that should do it.

I found that in Redux, at least sometimes, Opfor is the default slot in the menu. This definitely helps to some extent. May I suggest removing Teamkilling altogether to solve the ever present issue at base? No one is under the illusion that this is a realistic game, for the sake of humanity can we please have TKing disabled? 60 second delay works sometimes but I have never seen the spawn camping issue go away. Why? Seriously why is it necessary to have 10 players separated from the team killing each other on a server? It was a good idea to have a base for each team it's a cool idea, but with what we know now, isn't it time to just eliminate this whole issue? I agree that a more aggressive AFK kick would do wonders, that plus TK disable could mean we could have contested sector spawn as default. Seriously, the map is huge already for 48 players, having more than 50% of your players sitting in the spawn at any given moment really kills the fun of the game. 2 or 3 Blufor fighting 2 or 3 Opfor at contested sector, 10 players camping, 10 players spawning aircraft at airfields and the rest at base in a full server is hardly a battle.