Redux 0.55 is out on the Workshop:

Added: Arsenal is available again Changed:
Time acceleration is much faster during the night

*edit: Now also live on official server

• Like 5

Tested a little bit more with redux today:

1. For someone reason when I first targeted the enemies (blufor main) base, I lost the ability to fast travel anywhere from any location.  Didn't happen the second time but had to reboot the client in order to fix it.  

2. The sector edessa often spawns vehicles on top of the bridge in the center.  Some go through the bridge, most explode on contact.

3. If you place AT/AA defensive placements and they fall over, you cannot reset them.  

4. Could not repair kajman that spawned as damaged.  Placed repair truck at all sorts of locations and the repair option was available but did nothing.

5. Helicoptor and AI spawn appear to have the possibility of being much more damaged when spawning.  Had one AI die just landing on airport tarmac and a helicoptor that was totally inoperable.  Perhaps because they now spawn near player location?

6.  Enjoyed the locked sectors.  Can you explain more that dynamic?  Can you only recapture sectors that are directly attached to one of your own?

7. My character would constantly inacurratedly detect other AI positions.  i.e. Saying 700 meters away when they were less than 100 or even wrong headings.  

8. Spawned a kajman at airbase.  I'm still waiting for it to land.  It headed over to charkia, pyrgos, over the ocean and back to charkia again.  Its still flying around.....

9.  While I can see other vehicles on radar over 1.5 km away.  atgms on my kajman would absolutely not lock on target unless they were 1.5km or less away.  In a CAS, the sensor would not pick up unless the vehicle was less that 1.5 km away. 

10.  Had one AI end up under the map in the sector between main power plant and anthrakia.  He was litterally at the top of the hill underneath the map according to sector scans.

11.  Personally don't like the sector scan cool down time.  Unless something else has changed, enemies can still spawn into a sector approx 15 seconds after death.  Given a committed enemy in a large multiplayer game or even 1 or 2 enemies, sector capture might never happened.  Constant sector scans have been one of the only means to progress in capturing a sector against a small group of elite players whom are constantly on the move running around with veronas in their underwear.  Yes, this does happen and can result in all tanks getting taken out.  This would absolutely happen with the sector cool down. 

10. Damage status and weapon empty status often still remain after healing or repairing.  Tank gets hit by a round and AI and tank shows damage.  Have AI treat themselves and then repair tank.  AI will still complain of critical damage.  Put an AI in a AT/AA static launcher.  Once they have fired all missiles, place new static launcher and remove the old one.  AI will complain that they are empty even if launcher is full.  This happens in regular warlords as well.
11.  Random opfor and blufor bases can lead to some pretty unbalanced games.  Current game has blufor at neri and opfor at orino.    To cut blufor off, all one has to do is go neri -> agios dionysus -> zaros or agios dionysus -> kore -> factory-> negades or agios dionysus -> kore -> topolia ->aggelchori.  

12.  Most game sessions appear to develop a lot of fog that can lower the view distance to less than 200 meters (even in tanks).  Only thermal appears to see beyond that and not by too far.  Once you shoot at an AI that cannot be seen except by thermal vision, they can accurately fire back no matter what scope they have equipped.

13.  The dense fog also makes flying any aircraft a true fly by instrument experience as one can become quickly disoriented and fly into the ground.

14.  Short range missile max lock distance for the shikra were 1.5 km.  Not sure if that has changed.  Medium range ones had plenty of space.  Found my errant helicopter hovering at 5km and finally shot it down.

• Thanks 1

Redux 0.56 is out:

Fixed: Repairing vehicles via repair trucks should be possible again
Fixed: Extreme fog after long playtime
Removed: Rain
Added: Mission parameters (saving, fog of war, zone restriction)
Fixed: Rearming helicopters no longer removes remaining missiles
Changed: Default view distance increased to 4000m

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vikingbjorn said:

Enjoyed the locked sectors.  Can you explain more that dynamic?  Can you only recapture sectors that are directly attached to one of your own?

Only those that are linked to your base through sectors you own.

• Like 1

I noticed the cleanup system on the redux is a bit extreme, I have ai bodies disappear in front of me as I'm walking to replace my item, it makes it much more difficult to the initial phase of the game especially when you're playing low players (often the case)

Redux bug:

Upon capturing base next to opfor main base, enemy targeted us (that or someone selected our own sector but I don't recall getting a sector selection).  We did not get a sector selection option and when trying to reset the sector, all players hit left cntrl y and sector did not reset.  Game is now stuck where we cannot select a sector:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Unfortunately, most of the players got frustrated and left the game.  Waiting to see if they recapture the sector if we can then capture it back and we get sector selection again.

**Note: with no players on the other team and 2 on ours it finally allowed a sector reset and only briefly showed the sector voting with noone having to vote for the reset.

Also, only get 4 cp for destroying a gorgon.

Also, clicking abort to go to the lobby and switching sides resulted in me spawning with this view and unable to move.  After rebooting my client, I got a switching teams is disable message.

3.jpg

Thanks for the report @vikingbjorn, both issues will be looked at soon. Is the broken sector voting something you've experienced before or is this a first?

1 hour ago, Jezuro said:

Thanks for the report @vikingbjorn, both issues will be looked at soon. Is the broken sector voting something you've experienced before or is this a first?

This was my first time using the reset sector feature with other players.  Worked fine when doing it solo but we had maybe 6-8 players on my team at the time we tried it and it didn't give any indication that anyone including myself had voted (i.e. number of needed players to vote yes didn't decrement).  Not sure if that number is supposed to but would be useful.

Lol, np, I've written many software problem reports in my day.  I'd record the sessions and post videos of issues but the game sessions last so long.  The free video editing software I use doesn't handle gigs of video files very well.

The fact that you can't see the enemy sectors is interesting.  Ended up mining anthrakia (just in case) and sneeking around while they were trying to capture what sounded like telos.  Before they knew it, was on their doorstep.

Testing today's redux build had a bunch of reload issues.  Was playing with Kullwarrior and we noticed the following:

1. Captured kuma cannot reload at all

2. Blackfish right door gunner and countermeasures do not reload

3.  Tank commander guns and smoke screens do not reload (tested with slammer up)

4. Blackfoot countermeasures do not reload.

5. Could not find an angle in which I could reload the Wipeout

6. Cheetahs smokescreens do not reload

7.  Pretty sure that anything that includes a commander's position will not reload for that position

8.  Sometimes it becomes painfully difficult to find the right angle to position the ammo truck in order to reload things.

In addition:

1. Vehicle ammo crates appear to count as vehicles, if you leave one behind in each sector, once you get around 10, you cannot spawn any vehicle or aircraft related item and must go back and delete them.  Need a repair/ammo truck, you won't be able to spawn them.  **Edit: just noticed that there is a covenient alt shift click map function for deleting things.  But, it does not fix things as the counter remains the same.  So, need to remove in person.

2. Vehicles are left on the map even though the player that spawned them has left.  Not sure if they then get associated as your number of vehicles

3. When clearing a sector, if you just shot an enemy then die, their bodies will often not be there to loot when respawning back in

2.  Own AI and character reports of enemy heading and direction are still wrong.  If it says that an AT soldier is 700m south, they are mostly likely less than 100m north.  This tends to get one blown up as you head in the wrong direction with your tail facing a missile.

Getting back to vanilla warlords, has AI the ability to reset sector voting when they attack a player base? If not, as a player vs AI you never will be able to revert the hostile situation against your base.

Redux 0.57 is out:

Fixed: Naval assets would not be assigned properly to their owner
Fixed: Defences would substract more CP than their cost
Fixed: Rearming an asset now correctly replenishes all magazines
Fixed: Removing an asset via map would not update the asset limit
Changed: Vehicle maintenance range increased to 15m, making it easier to repair or rearm larger assets

• Like 4

Out of curiosity, have you considered putting more vehicles (artillery) and mortars into warlords redux.  Given the reload restrictions, spawn changes and slower beginning cp rate, they might be an interesting addition.

Also, any thoughts to possibly adding a sector on the island connecting the east/west sides of the map?  Might be an interesting back door that can be used.

Can we get more AI troops as well?  It's limiting the number to 3 which just seems too little.

Here are some vids of some existing issues that don't think have been fixed yet:

Edessa vehicle spawn bug, where vehicles parachute down onto bridge and explode:

AI or self sometimes appear to report wrong headings of enemy and/or distance.  Doesn't happen all of the time:

Cannot enter pilot position of newly spawned helicopter.  Only seen this with the blackfoot so far.  Doesn't happen all the time but once it does, need to reboot in order to fix:

• Thanks 1

I'll take a look at these, thanks.

Played a little bit of Redux today.  Didn't have much time to test but looked like the reload was working much better (countermeasures and commander guns reloaded on my tank).  Only caveat to that was that I captured an AA Nyx and could not reload or repair it from repair/ammo trucks.  Don't think captured vehicles have been fixed yet for that. 

Verified that the defensive gear cp prices appeared to be working (at least for raised gmg's).

Noticed that all gmg's and hmg's that could be assembled from the arsenal are no longer there.  Not sure why that is,... rarely see anyone use those in game as is albeit it can be an effective tool.

Starting out multiplayer games on the public servers solo, it takes a couple hours just to work one's way up to their first tank.  After that, sector capture is fairly easy if one does a couple cycles of HE bombardment from 1.5 to 3km out before going into to capture.  I'm finding that fast traveling to contested sector is often a good way to die quickly as the initial wave of AI (before it's reduced) is highly aggressive and quickly surrounds you.  One shot deaths also seem to happen more often when coming around corners from unseen enemy AI.  Own player's AI tend to die quickly no matter how one positions them or operates within a contested sector.  Can't count the number of times a single enemy AI took out all three of them.  Still wondering how a single enemy AT soldier took out an autorifleman, marksman and grenadier. 

Still noticing, even on the redux server, alot of new players coming in whom don't know the simplest commands.  I.E. hold down 'i', select strategy to fast travel.  Played this weekend where the server was almost full yet almost no one knew how to fast travel or what they were supposed to do.  Given only a few spoke english, could not instruct most.  There needs to be either a help command quick menu or tool tips that popup in the players language to help them start the game.  Most games have that when loading in or beginning.  Otherwise think we will see as we do (those whom play multiplayer daily) a fairly large turnover of players from day to day.

27 minutes ago, vikingbjorn said:

I captured an AA Nyx and could not reload or repair it from repair/ammo trucks. Don't think captured vehicles have been fixed yet for that. 

They aren't and won't be, you can provide maintenance only to vehicles you've personally requested.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jezuro said:

They aren't and won't be, you can provide maintenance only to vehicles you've personally requested.

Capturing an enemy vehicle can be an extremely valid tactic.  Jump starting ones ability to capture sectors.  And, if they use the same ammo types as the side you are on, not sure why one wouldn't be able to reload them.  Also, you can repair a captured vehicle with the repair AI.

You are not wrong. However, I initially wanted to lock neutral vehicles and remove this possibility to players altogether for the simple reason that they are spawned randomly and one side can capture an enemy APC while the other side could stumble upon a mere MRAP, both of which effectively needing a single RPG hit to be disabled. Being able to rearm these vehicles indefinitely would make the progress even less balanced.

I think that the current implementation is a reasonable compromise, keeping in mind that random base location is in its definition imbalanced as well.

13 hours ago, Jezuro said:

You are not wrong. However, I initially wanted to lock neutral vehicles and remove this possibility to players altogether for the simple reason that they are spawned randomly and one side can capture an enemy APC while the other side could stumble upon a mere MRAP, both of which effectively needing a single RPG hit to be disabled. Being able to rearm these vehicles indefinitely would make the progress even less balanced.

I think that the current implementation is a reasonable compromise, keeping in mind that random base location is in its definition imbalanced as well.

...and.... captured vehicles provoke friendly fire inccidents.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 11:34 PM, Jezuro said:

Yet at the same time, there is a consistency in where you can find certain vehicles.  Airports almost always spawn 2 nyxs, mora, gorgon etc.

Here is an issue in warlords that has provided me a huge amount of frustration:

If you are piloting a gunship and have an AI gunner and there is a laser within view targeting the same area, the AI gunner will not target anything else but that laser.  Manual fire, cancelling that target, telling to target other targets do not work.  It is like a cat fascinated by a laser pointer.  And, makes helos completely inneffective unless you get so close to the ground that the laser isn't in view anymore.

That is the standard sandbox behaviour as well though, isn't it?

5 hours ago, Jezuro said:

That is the standard sandbox behaviour as well though, isn't it?

One major problem is the lack of any "Laser Designator Discipline", You can see a lot of player lasing anything anytime, flying aroudn with laser on permanently lasing themselfs or the ground under them. It is also used as distraction. Unfortunately ArmA does n ot know about Batterie lifetime and Laser burn out. (see DCS, where laser will overheat by permanent use)

34 minutes ago, Beagle said:

One major problem is the lack of any "Laser Designator Discipline", You can see a lot of player lasing anything anytime, flying aroudn with laser on permanently lasing themselfs or the ground under them. It is also used as distraction. Unfortunately ArmA does n ot know about Batterie lifetime and Laser burn out. (see DCS, where laser will overheat by permanent use)

I think replace the arsenal CP price access by item or weapon CP price should reduce problem like this, i don't think an overheat system will solve that problem cause the player will just turn on/off the laser, but a shop system its a huge job.

Btw the only way to deal with player like this its to create a private server with player who are not interested to exploit every system flaw, but  nobody is really interested to play that way, they go on public server then sent complain here.

8 hours ago, damsous said:

I think replace the arsenal CP price access by item or weapon CP price should reduce problem like this, i don't think an overheat system will solve that problem cause the player will just turn on/off the laser, but a shop system its a huge job.

Btw the only way to deal with player like this its to create a private server with player who are not interested to exploit every system flaw, but  nobody is really interested to play that way, they go on public server then sent complain here.

I have yet to find a private server that has a group of consistent people whom play on a daily basis.  And, even the modded servers that are available to the public are largely empty.  So, one is left with the default public ones.

The issue is not that there is lasers, it is that the AI just keep targeting them no matter what.  If we have planes overhead doing bomb runs, one can expect lasers to be active.  If there is a Rhino with a darter drone lasing targets, that would be another case.

Not sure if it is default sandbox behavior.