@Beagle any further details on this? (Server name, timestamp, any nicks?)

8 hours ago, Jezuro said:

@Beagle any further details on this? (Server name, timestamp, any nicks?)

No nicks since I the kicks came too fast. Servers were EU#21 and US#21e yesterday and today.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:18 AM, Jezuro said:

Saving is disabled in all vanilla Warlords scenarios by default.

I know, I enabled it but dont know how to save the progress via TADST.

I changed:

if (isMultiplayer) then {
    enableSaving [TRUE, TRUE];
};

but when I log in as an admin the save button still disabled.

o.k. i used gametracker in another suspicious case...a player "a suspicious sandwich" is using the mine dispensers (and killingn its own team in the process) on EU#03 despite the fact those are taken out of the Armory. Thats suspicious.

On 7/31/2019 at 3:07 AM, Beagle said:

There is currently a annoying and plain not acceptable behaviour going on with the LIvonia warlords server. The same 2 player are on every day and kick joinign player before they have even loaded the mission. You cant join afterwards, and since they never end the mission, but rather occupy the next server, you end up beeing unable to enter any Livinoa warlords servr that day.

Maybe this explains why I have not been able to find any Livonia Warlords server with more than 3 players for the past several days...

• Like 1

Just now, CaptainDawson said:

Maybe this explains why I have not been able to find any Livonia Warlords server with more than 3 players for the past several days...

thats what I was thinking too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainDawson said:

That and the fact that most players apparently don't seem too interested in playing on the new map. Shame, because it's a great map. I was looking forward to playing it with other players, but looks like most have given up on it. People will generally join the server where they see the most players I guess.

Just now, CaptainDawson said:

That and the fact that most players apparently don't seem too interested in playing on the new map. Shame, because it's a great map. I was looking forward to playing it with other players, but looks like most have given up on it. People will generally join the server where they see the most players I guess.

We have the same issue with Tanoa right since warlords started.

• Sad 1

• Like 6

On 7/31/2019 at 3:43 PM, 1longtime said:

Hi Jezuro.  Is the source code to Warlords available?

Just bumping this... does anyone know the answer?

All WL code can be viewed ingame via Functions viewer.

Here is another mini UGV spammer from today

DAw7eNo.jpg

Fix is being tested on RC branch.

• Like 2

View distance is a mission parameter and can be changed in the lobby.

18 minutes ago, Inna Woods said:

*For official servers

there must be a reasonable limit on official servers for people that don't want to sacrifice their ultra gfx settings for potato gfx but 8000m view distance. the current 4000m are already pushing it, especially after hours into the mission.

8 hours ago, Beagle said:

there must be a reasonable limit on official servers for people that don't want to sacrifice their ultra gfx settings for potato gfx but 8000m view distance. the current 4000m are already pushing it, especially after hours into the mission.

No ones forcing you to turn up your view distance, its a limit, not mandatory.

1 hour ago, Inna Woods said:

No ones forcing you to turn up your view distance, its a limit, not mandatory.

Say hello to that MBT at 4000 with your VD of 2300, or try to lock something that is not rendered at your setting but can see you.... see why its mandatory. Warlords is a Multiplayer mission. If settings are possible that only a few öeople in the world can run on theyr quantum computers, why should anyone with a standard gaming PC try to play it as duck in a barrel.?

1 hour ago, Beagle said:

Say hello to that MBT at 4000 with your VD of 2300, or try to lock something that is not rendered at your setting but can see you.... see why its mandatory. Warlords is a Multiplayer mission. If settings are possible that only a few öeople in the world can run on theyr quantum computers, why should anyone with a standard gaming PC try to play it as duck in a barrel.?

Christ, @Beagle. What terrain are you playing on that an MBT can engage at 4 klicks?

Altis is capable of allowing a 4000m view, yesterday I was being shot at by a tank 3000m away, and aircraft are even easier for long range. But even more importantly, some weapon systems like the titan missiles that rely on infrared and not radar are limited by view distance settings. For example, if you get in a cheetah/tigris and can see a plane on radar 3000m out and the titan missiles range is 4000m but the object view distance is set to 2000m, you can’t lock onto it until it’s 2000m away. The cheetah/tigris can be nearly impotent on lower view distances compared to its effectiveness on higher view distance settings.

The max view distance in warlords however probably shouldn’t surpass 4000m as beagle stated for performance and balance reasons, but it probably shouldn’t be less than 3000m for the same reasons.