51 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

Re recon: Keep in mind that your movement around the map will be significantly more limited than it currently is.

One does not have to walk into the enemy OA with 4km view distance to see enemy movement, a hill of sufficent height is enough. The free roaming we have right now, only results in various forms of spawn camping despite the fact that both forces are still 10 sectors appart from each other. The classics are camping the hill 800m from NATO base, camping AAC from Macrinisia island, and camping Molos Airstrip from the hill above it, shooting down landing AI aircraft that can't defend themselfs. 

Additionally I would suggest the removal of the Viper and CSAT  IR Stealth gear. Too too much high tier commandos on Altis right now.

• Like 1

@Jezuro Did you get around to making a cooldown for sector scans? What tends to happen is one player who has a lot of money spams sector scans every 30 seconds and that basically gives the entire team ESP. This is especially annoying when a few people are attacking a contested sector and are immediately swarmed by defenders using this tactic. It really takes away the ability for stealthy/sneaky tactics to be effective because the enemy can see your flank, etc. coming. I would make it so you can only do a sector scan no more than once every five minutes on a per sector basis.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nic1 said:

@Jezuro Did you get around to making a cooldown for sector scans? What tends to happen is one player who has a lot of money spams sector scans every 30 seconds and that basically gives the entire team ESP. This is especially annoying when a few people are attacking a contested sector and are immediately swarmed by defenders using this tactic. It really takes away the ability for stealthy/sneaky tactics to be effective because the enemy can see your flank, etc. coming. I would make it so you can only do a sector scan no more than once every five minutes on a per sector basis.

if you base it per sector even 1 minute coodown would change a lot, because right now you can have real time tracking since 350 CP is cheap in late game (when Teams clash, it's late game)

Talking about restrictions to preserve server performance....there musgt be a mine restriction per player. Even with the dispensers banned, there are often more then hundred Mines active at once per side. Every mine need to be checked like every fallen tree and every broken window, every broken wall. I conclude that heavy destruction and countless mines are another reason why servers lag a lot in late gameplay (>2 hours into match)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jezuro said:

Team balance during a match is a no go with fog of war, I can do a check upon player connection and make them switch sides before they see the base locations. If you let or indeed encourage people to change sides during the match the effect of FoW is basically down the drain.

Ok I see what you're saying, details need to be kept secret from the other team, and so they cannot be allowed to switch teams at all. If you fully implement FoW that is understandable. If the locations are randomized, seeing some of the map locations could spoil the element of surprise. If I'm understanding you correctly, the opposing team will not immediately be able to see where the enemy base is? This could add a really cool aspect to the game, having to figure out where the enemy base is!

This could largely solve the problem of unbalanced teams, if players are automatically forced to join whichever team has the least players!

5 hours ago, Beagle said:

One does not have to walk into the enemy OA with 4km view distance to see enemy movement, a hill of sufficent height is enough. The free roaming we have right now, only results in various forms of spawn camping despite the fact that both forces are still 10 sectors appart from each other. The classics are camping the hill 800m from NATO base, camping AAC from Macrinisia island, and camping Molos Airstrip from the hill above it, shooting down landing AI aircraft that can't defend themselfs. 

Additionally I would suggest the removal of the Viper and CSAT  IR Stealth gear. Too too much high tier commandos on Altis right now.

Totally agree. (Including CTRG stealth uniform of course, we wouldn't want an unfair advantage for NATO). Of course if you do that you gotta consider whether or not the thermal masking Ghillie suits stay... Would it be a bad idea to remove all thermal vision goggles to negate this problem, or is that going too far perhaps?

Honestly I don’t see the IR masking uniforms as a problem usually except with basecampers, and the ar2s sensors can detect people even in stealth suits within 500m for that. Unless you don’t stop at IR uniforms and TI goggles/helmets, and remove all TI from all vehicles, scopes etc which Id hate and very much think is too far (and its 2035 in A3, TI is everywhere in 2019), the IR masking uniforms should probably still be there in my opinion. If you just remove infantry used TI and IR camo it just makes vehicle TI more powerful, and if you stop at goggles/helmets there’s still scopes and every other TI device.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, crs24 said:

Honestly I don’t see the IR masking uniforms as a problem usually except with basecampers, and the ar2s sensors can detect people even in stealth suits within 500m for that. Unless you don’t stop at IR uniforms and TI goggles/helmets and remove all TI from all vehicles, scopes etc which Id hate and very much think is too far (and its 2035 in A3, TI is everywhere in 2019), the IR masking uniforms should probably still be there in my opinion. If you just remove infantry used TI and IR camo it just makes vehicle TI more powerful, and if you stop at goggles/helmets there’s still scopes and every other TI device.

Ok good point I agree. Better to keep them in. Maybe just remove the Viper Helmet since it's a little OP and very annoying to see on NATO troops. Everyone still has access to the thermal goggles anyways.

Also, on that note, any chance we could see NATO vests, helmets, and backpacks locked to NATO, and same with CSAT gear? Recognition is hard enough at night, it doesn't help seeing troops wearing friendly-colored uniform, but a backpack and helmet with the camouflage of the opposing team! I understand people want to use weapons from all factions, but gear with camouflage of the opposing team is going a bit far IMO and detracts a little from the immersion.

17 hours ago, crs24 said:

Honestly I don’t see the IR masking uniforms as a problem usually except with basecampers, and the ar2s sensors can detect people even in stealth suits within 500m for that. Unless you don’t stop at IR uniforms and TI goggles/helmets, and remove all TI from all vehicles, scopes etc which Id hate and very much think is too far (and its 2035 in A3, TI is everywhere in 2019), the IR masking uniforms should probably still be there in my opinion. If you just remove infantry used TI and IR camo it just makes vehicle TI more powerful, and if you stop at goggles/helmets there’s still scopes and every other TI device.

TI detection is very dependend on temperature contrast. It varies a ot over time. The other issue is that the Viper Suit+Helmet+Additional Plate carrier turns the player into a tank. No other suit grants that much full body protection and the ghillies are only good if you stay put on the belly. The CTRG suit would have to go too, but it's visual camo is bad on Altis anyway. It's just black at range, and adds no armor.

• Thanks 1

Sector scan cooldown is definitely on the list.

• Like 3

I think the sector scan cooldown is already a mission parameter in warlords after update 1.94. It’s not enabled by default but it’s there in the mission parameters along with a jets dlc enabled/disabled switch and any other new options.

• Like 1

Yeah I think we'll try to set up a 60 seconds cooldown on the servers.

• Like 3

Can I persuade you to make it at least 2 minutes, if not 3? What do other people think a good cool down time should be?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nickel733 said:

Can I persuade you to make it at least 2 minutes, if not 3? What do other people think a good cool down time should be?

Depends on if that cooldown is per town, per player or in general. If it is general, 1 Minute is a damned long time., 1 minute per town gives you enough time to move a bit, while 1 minute per Player would have no effect at all.

• Like 1

The cooldown is definitely time per individual sector. You can scan multiple sectors on the map at once by yourself without delay if you want, but you have to wait to scan a sector you’ve already scanned again for however many seconds it’s set to. I don’t know however if it’s per player, where someone else on your team can scan a sector you’ve just scanned immediately after you did while you can’t, or if no one on your team can scan that sector you just scanned for the set time.

I think let’s try a 1 minute cooldown first and see what happens.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, crs24 said:

The cooldown is definitely time per individual sector. You can scan multiple sectors on the map at once by yourself without delay if you want, but you have to wait to scan a sector you’ve already scanned again for however many seconds it’s set to. I don’t know however if it’s per player, where someone else on your team can scan a sector you’ve just scanned immediately after you did while you can’t, or if no one on your team can scan that sector you just scanned for the set time.

I think let’s try 1 minute first and see what happens.

If it works that way 1 minute might indeed be a bit short. I would opt for 90seconds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crs24 said:

I think let’s try a 1 minute cooldown first and see what happens.

I concur, cooldown should be per sector. I think 1-2 minutes would be reasonable. Sector scans are incredibly powerful, but necessary to have in matches where players are largely working on their own rather than clearing sectors as a team.

On that note, I think a lot of problems with team balance, whack-a-mole, and long sector clear times could be partially addressed by increasing the server player count. I know it has been tried before and was removed, but now that you guys have better optimized the servers, maybe now is a good time to look at going back up to 50 or 64 players? Could be a little more strict on kicking players with high ping to make it more feasible perhaps. I played on 96 player official Warlords and it was still playable, even before the recent server optimizations.

From talking with other players, the majority of us have been experiencing much better frame rate in the last several weeks. Granted that's not saying much, but it is still an improvement.

1 hour ago, CaptainDawson said:

I concur, cooldown should be per sector. I think 1-2 minutes would be reasonable. Sector scans are incredibly powerful, but necessary to have in matches where players are largely working on their own rather than clearing sectors as a team.

On that note, I think a lot of problems with team balance, whack-a-mole, and long sector clear times could be partially addressed by increasing the server player count. I know it has been tried before and was removed, but now that you guys have better optimized the servers, maybe now is a good time to look at going back up to 50 or 64 players? Could be a little more strict on kicking players with high ping to make it more feasible perhaps. I played on 96 player official Warlords and it was still playable, even before the recent server optimizations.

From talking with other players, the majority of us have been experiencing much better frame rate in the last several weeks. Granted that's not saying much, but it is still an improvement.

Server lag is still an issue when the "right" measure are applied by players to force it... even on 32 Player servers. I would not go that way again. It has never worked well over longer duration.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Beagle said:

Server lag is still an issue when the "right" measure are applied by players to force it... even on 32 Player servers. I would not go that way again. It has never worked well over longer duration.

Ok, I understand not everyone gets the same performance I do. I do think there is still room for improvement in the way of lag-inducing features of Warlords. Primarily, reduce number of AI (increase skill), delete AI that have strayed far from the sector and are not taking contact from anyone, reduce max vehicle count parameter (One player does not need 10 Blackwasps, reducing max vehicle also restrains some CP exploits).

@Jezuro you need to find some way to limit the number of the new mini UGVs people can spawn (I think 1 per person is sufficient). People spam the shit out of these, lagging the server and preventing fast travel and other actions that can't be completed when enemies are nearby. Here is a screen shot from a game today.

5f6lMRD.png

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, nickel733 said:

@Jezuro you need to find some way to limit the number of the new mini UGVs people can spawn (I think 1 per person is sufficient). People spam the shit out of these, lagging the server and preventing fast travel and other actions that can't be completed when enemies are nearby. Here is a screen shot from a game today.

Nooo don't remove it before I've had a chance to try it XD

I was walking in Anthrakia and heard like auto shotgun fire I was like "what player is doing this" and they said it's just the Mini Robots LOL

@Jezuro Disabling turret placement while in proximity to enemies is working well, though some exploiters have found a new workaround by placing auto-turrets under the ground and inside bins. Might be easiest just to remove an auto-turret's ability to contest a zone altogether.

• Like 1

To be honest, auto turrets & combat drones do not belong into a pvp mission. If we start battling in robots, we could right go to battle mecha.

• Like 1

Fix is on its way.

• Like 3

The static auto turrets are fine as is I think except when people now somehow glitch the turrets into the ground. According to the target info on a group of turrets that were glitched into a hill I saw last night to stop us from taking neochori, it says they’re 20+ km away from me when I’m standing on top of its sector scanned position which is WTF, maybe limiting the vertical cap radius like the horizontal is as it’s been suggested would fix that. And while auto turrets can stop you from capping like they’re a enemy vehicle and without a overwhelming majority, if you get enough people and ai in a sector to take it anyway the auto turrets cannot recapture a zone themselves like players or ai soldiers can.

On the drones, I think the ar2s and Ed-1s or anything that’s both autonomous and self propelled need to be spawned purely from the defenses menu, not from the arsenal so people can’t just use the arsenal to drop dozens of drone backpacks with no limit, that or the unit limit should apply to the ones placed from the arsenal as well somehow. I think however that if the drones are spawned from the defense menu instead they should still be able to be disassembled into backpacks like the arsenal version unless that causes issues.

• Like 1

There is currently a annoying and plain not acceptable behaviour going on with the LIvonia warlords server. The same 2 player are on every day and kick joinign player before they have even loaded the mission. You cant join afterwards, and since they never end the mission, but rather occupy the next server, you end up beeing unable to enter any Livinoa warlords server that day.

• Like 1