8 hours ago, crs24 said:

That reminds me, I’ve seen some people (or at least one) on the official warlords servers kicked repeatedly by BE in the last couple weeks for only, as far as I know anyway, setting off too many of the apers mine dispensers at once when laying down minefields. I hope they didn’t later get a perm ban if that’s all they did. You can easily get a backpack full of mine dispensers by using the Arsenal.

It would help when I knew what will lead to a ban, since I did neither do any "hacking", not even any teamkilling that's worth mentioning.

Albeit, I did use a Bergen full of mine dispensers numerous times indeed and unfortunately, player like to ignore the warnings nor use a mine detector near minefields.

Quite often players even run over the own red triangles so often, it can't be an accident.

In that case you accumulate TK just for laying down a defensive minefield... that will also become an issue in the future Version of Warlords with autokick enabled.

I turn on my computer I want to connect to your servers and I have that? Can I explain myself?

720AC9E490408DB95F5D2F8BA89BEE45438FB497

wtf ???

those with ban ending 'wlbicu2' best contact me via direct message on Discord (if you can, should be faster than using messages at forum)

Regarding cheating on official servers....while lookign for a way to find out what my Player ID is...I stumbled over a cheat forum full of thread about arma series hacks.

There's obviously a whole "scene" around this, covering the whole ArmA series.

Back to the question, what happend to the Player ID in the player profile?

playerID is still there just based off steamID ...

anyway the wlbicu2 bans were lifted with 'benefit of the doubt' because ...

(aka manual bans are always prone to possibility of false positive due to static logs limit so don't be worried much about...)

feel free to continue share feedback here and if you can join us on Discord too https://discord.gg/arma

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Dwarden said:

playerID is still there just based off steamID ...

anyway the wlbicu2 bans were lifted with 'benefit of the doubt' because ...

(aka manual bans are always prone to possibility of false positive due to static logs limit so don't be worried much about...)

feel free to continue share feedback here and if you can join us on Discord too https://discord.gg/arma

What is the difference between wlbicu2 and wlbicu ban?

hi, i made a mission today but i have problem.

I but manually some AI infantry but they wont move.  Why ?

Hello, First off I just want to say Thank you so much for a game mode I've been searching for forever, as a mission maker I've used everything from ALiVE to custom building the whole mission and Warlords gives the intense combat oriented, easily modable experience I've wanted to bring to my players for nearly a year now. Now on to my question: Does anyone at all know if the AIS Medical System would be compatible with warlords instead of using the regular medic system im using now?

@Jezuro

Could it be programmed that newly airdropped vehicles, crates and such won’t spawn to land on the active part of the runway that called in planes land at, like how airdropped vehicles seem to spawn so they don’t land on each other? Just a thought I had since this would be a potentially bigger issue than it already is with locked vehicles blocking the runway. 

I’ve also seen newly called in helicopters and vtols land on the runway as well, although not as often. That could possibly be solved with some visible or invisible helipads which maybe there already are invisible ones, like the one you can see at the AAC on altis is often used by new helicopters and helicopters already tend to land in certain places.

• Haha 1

The first two are not Warlords-related imo (the jet kill didn't even register you as the killer in the system chat). The last one should stop happening with the next update (coming shortly).

• Thanks 1

@prinicheck u play in difficulty newbie or veteran ? because in difficulty newbie u have the extend armor actived !!! Need more of bullet for kill !!!

I'm current making an RHS Warlords mission and I am trying to setup vehicles in my mission. I put vehicles down inside the sectors I want them in, and sync them to the sector, but they don't spawn in once combat over that sector occurs. Any reason why?

1.92 is now live. Changelog:

Spoiler

Added: Unless their base is under attack, all playable units are now invulnerable after respawn until they leave the base (60 seconds maximum)

Added: Long-range AA defense assets (SAM sites / radars)

Added: Autonomous defenses are now limited to 3 per player

Added: A parameter for maximum Command Points

Added: A custom offset parameter for the Defenses

Added: Friendly Fire protection for requested assets (first 3 minutes after being requested)

Added: A team balance parameter

Added: You can now blacklist units the AI will purchase by using WLAIRequisitonBlacklist[] = {}; with an array of blacklisted infantry classnames in you scenario's description.ext file

Added: The cost of any asset can now be changed in the scenario's description.ext file (details)

Tweaked: The cost of planes was increased

Changed: Most requested assets are now locked by default and can be unlocked either directly via the Action menu or through the Strategy tab in the Request menu

Changed: Increased the cost of repair and ammo trucks as well as the Rhino

Changed: The Subordinates limit was increased to 3 for the 64-player Altis scenario

Fixed: Various script errors

Fixed: Static defenses no longer limit the maximum group size even when deleted

Fixed: Vehicles presets in the editor would not be spawned for sectors owned from the start by BLUFOR or OPFOR

Fixed: Friendly Fire penalty issues

Fixed: Funds transfer exploit

Fixed: Sector vote calculation for dead players

Removed: Respawn backpacks from Virtual Arsenal

Removed: Mine dispensers from Virtual Arsenal (performance issues)

• Like 4

@Jezuro

When I was testing the new warlords changes, the static radar won’t keep its radar on autonomously when your not directly controlling it with a terminal in warlords. You can tell it’s never on because unlike in the editor, nothing with a RWR detects it unless I’m controlling it and turn the radar on and it turns off the instant I leave the controls. The radar stays on autonomously with the default settings in the editor, so I wasn’t sure if this is a balancing thing for warlords or a bug.

I wonder if a control for the active sensors/radar being on/off could be added to the uav terminal like there currently is with drones being autonomous or toggling the lights, but that’s Arma 3 not just warlords.

@Jezuro

Hey there can't wait to try the new changes out but I was curious, I saw a video where the author spoke of mods with unregular naming, such as rhs does would not spawn vehicles in the garrisons for the sectors. Can this be fixed by manually setting groups in the description.ext file as it says on the wiki? Or using a group with no vehicles in the init module and custom defining the groups

So there is apparently a game breaking error with the new SAM sites/radar sites now that kills servers. I'm unsure if its from using the uav terminal to access the launcher directly or not but two servers tonight have crashed so far from this. Unsure if BiS is aware of this.

We've fixed a crash caused by error spam on the server, a new profiling exe should roll out soon.

official Warlords server idleTimeout settings:

kickTimeout[] = { {0,-1},{1,181},{2,182},{3,183}} ; // {kickID, timeout}

//kick ID (type to determine from where the kick originated e.g. admin or votekick etc.)
// 0 - manual kick (vote kick, admin kick, bruteforce detection etc.)
// 1 - connectivity kick (ping, timeout, packetloss, desync)
// 2 - BattlEye kick
// 3 - harmless kick (wrong addons, steam timeout or checks, signatures, content etc.)

// timeout =  in seconds how long until kicked player can return
// >0 seconds
// -1 until missionEnd
// -2 until serverRestart?

votingTimeOut = 240; //60 s for voting
//alternative syntax : votingTimeOut[] = {60, 90}; // 60 seconds for ready, 90 for notReady
roleTimeOut = 360; // 90 s for lobby
//alternative syntax : roleTimeOut[] = {90, 120}; // 90 seconds for ready, 120 for notReady
briefingTimeOut = 240; // 60 s for briefing
//alternative syntax : briefingTimeOut[] = {60, 90}; // 60 seconds for ready, 90 for notReady
debriefingTimeOut = 180; // 45 s for debriefing
//alternative syntax : debriefingTimeOut[] = {45, 60}; // 45 seconds for ready, 60 for notReady
lobbyIdleTimeout = 300; // (+5 seconds vs any of above)>defined value
//no alternative syntax //Warlords idle set

some servers may run -2 or high manual kick values (in seconds) while observing the effects

note: you most likely got votekicked if can't rejoin (unless proved otherwise that there is bug)

Im starting to think the static SAM launchers themselves are a bit too cheap at 5000, especially if the server runs at 4Km view distance, since the self propelled aa are much more potent when combined with the increased view distance and the SAMs. The games I played each had multiple radars controlling many SAMs placed by multiple people all over the map since they are relatively cheap. This isn’t bad by itself, but the launchers availability due to it’s current cost tends to end up with them being everywhere not just where it’s important, and quickly replaced.

With how far it ranges and how you can aim it at the sky with a distant radar lock to shoot it over nearby terrain, when there’s many launchers it tends to makes aircraft rather impotent for their effort, and SAMs can end up more common than tanks on low-middle population servers, and knocking out 1 Sam or radar can mean nothing when all it takes is a single radar or cheetah/Tigris to keep the rest of the other SAMs going, even when no one rearms them.

Even with my previously posted issue with the static radar not turning itself on, if I’m not crazy, the frequency of the SAMs seems to invert the previous scenario. It seems things have gone from air dominating to SAMs everywhere basically, because the SAMs are long ranged air defense with the relative cost of a short ranged air defense. I saw more SAMs run out of missiles and sit empty than I did people trying to kill them.

Basically I think the Sam launcher itself should cost more, not just the radar, since it seems they’re just as if not more common than the cheetah/tigris right now, and when multiple people are placing just the launcher it’s too common in my opinion for how powerful it is when it only costs slightly more than a cheetah/tigris, despite needing a separate radar, as that’s often already provided by the time the launchers start appearing in quantity.

I’m curious what others think however, as while I’m wondering about this, it’s only been a day so far.

It is pretty soon to draw any conclusions, but from what I've seen, people just need time to adjust their thinking and adapt to the new situation on the battlefield. Enemy sectors now have fully capable AA installations that need to be knocked down first by ground forces to pave way for aircraft or you need exceptionally skilled pilots to navigate terrain to avoid detection / LoS. Time will tell if AA is indeed overpowered / overused and I'm prepared to do some tweaks if that is indeed the case.

I must say, though, currently it's very interesting to see how players change their strategy, primarily on Altis.

• Like 1

I think the SAM launchers are a good addition, and have definitely changed the pace of Warlords. However, they are able to be abused just the same when next to a tempest ammo. Infinite rapid-fire long range SAM missiles and its free and near instant to rearm it (Rhinos are still routinely doing the same thing and firing 20 missiles a minute at no cost to them from across the map). Which would be alright, if there was an reasonable way to destroy it when it's 4 towns back into their territory (and as of yesterday, well-guarded by radar SAMs.) My two cents is that a lot of the current balance issues could be addressed by making vehicle rearms cost points, (example price, 1000) as well as perhaps making the CP you get from kills proportionate to the value of the vehicle (example; you get 5000 for shooting a neophron down). I have played a few full games since the update came out; and if there's one thing this update did, was make it play much more like a stalemate when late-game comes. And since Opfor has no conventional artillery, Blufor has the advantage in that situation thanks to MGS top-down missiles from god, which of are course always fired in a constant barrage because rearming is free and instant. It's a little silly. I also think AA range should be looked at, because as of right now you can drop a single SAM battery and dominate a majority of the map if you simply keep it fed and manually keep the radar on. Perhaps like 6-8K range instead?