5 hours ago, Jezuro said:

@HellhoundF Actually I agree with him. The game will never be completely balanced. You could argue that OPFOR has generally superior armor and aircraft. If you let BLUFOR get air superiority as well as enough resources to roll in several tanks and APC's, you have big problems with or without Rhinos having ATGMs.

@Tex_Actual BLUFOR base location is not currently under investigation, but it could happen. There have been some issues with the Oreokastro airfield and it was removed on purpose (too short runway iirc).

Let BLUEFOR start on the Molos AF, and OPFOR on the Feres AF (it is so short that only To-199 or this civilian plane can land there and when we looking at the campaign it was the first airbase of the CSAT on Altis).

The Altis Airport/Airbase either the AAC (Army Air Corp) AF should be in the hand of AAF.

And add a kick and ban vote to the game, please !

And it would also very interesting to have civilians (of course also in vehicles) and animals in villages/towns, the maps are a little bit dead and boring.

Any chance the single player UI-related script errors (after saved progress) will be resolved in the next update? 🙂 

6 hours ago, maxl30 said:

And add a kick and ban vote to the game, please !

Only someone who doesn't plays ArmA3 would say this.

6 hours ago, maxl30 said:

And it would also very interesting to have civilians (of course also in vehicles) and animals in villages/towns, the maps are a little bit dead and boring.

Civilians = More processing power needed. Not viable. They also suck in general, only running around and shouting orders like a soldier would, this can be very distracting by mistaking a civilian voice for an AAF soldier voice. Not sure about animals, but I think the bunnies and snakes are enough.

Something that might be possible and still nearly the same is essentially changing the kick vote to include a several minute temp ban aka the server kicking the voted player if they rejoin for several minutes after a successful kick vote.Considering how hard getting a vote to pass is it would make it actually useful for determined trolls although it probably would mean a change to the game itself not just this mission. 

It would need to be for only several minutes and always stop kicking after that unless there’s another successful vote, and be only kicked on that server if they rejoin in that short time period with a clear message saying why. I’ve never seen a hack to screw with voting and with how hard voting is on a server with more than a few people who aren’t unanimous it’s rare to see an effort to abuse it that actually has a chance at succeeding and isn’t simply someone spamming x wants to kick y. But I don’t know much of the technical aspects and other reasons that might be why such a thing hasn’t been implemented already.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:19 AM, Jezuro said:

Not at this moment. I can give you a WIP changelog though:

Changed: Subordinates limit increased to 3 for the 64-player Altis scenario
Added: Long-range AA defense assets (SAM sites, radars)
Added: Autonomous defences are now limited to 3 per player
Tweaked: Cost of planes increased
Changed: Most requested assets are now locked by default and can be unlocked either directly via Action menu or through the Strategy tab in the Request menu
Added: Parameter for maximum Command Points
Fixed: Various script errors
Added: Custom offset parameter for Defences
Added: Friendly fire protection for requested assets (first 3 minutes after being requested)

Added: Unless their base is under attack, all playable units are now invulnerable after respawn until they leave the base (60 seconds maximum). - Iteration

Added: Long-range AA defense assets (SAM sites, radars)

Would suggest 2000 CP for the radar, 5000 for each launch unit, and reduction in the Tigris and Cheetah costs to 3250.

Tweaked: Cost of planes increased

Added: Parameter for maximum Command Points

Instead costs of AA assets should be reduced to offset jets. Increasing asset costs excessively saps enjoyment. Warlords Protocol is supposedly about much larger engagements. People want to use the assets, and use them often. Multiple simultaneous aircraft engagements are entertaining and the window of opportunity for that shouldn't be decreased.

Additional suggestions:

Spoiler
  • A lock vehicle script to prevent sabotage by others entering and moving one's own vehicles

• Having players spawn in aircraft when ordered like in KOTH but at the edge of the map, prevents ridiculous airfield camping and concurrent aircraft call ins that create accidents on landing

• Prevent mines being planted or any assets from being paradropped on airstrips or runways, effectively creating zones of exclusions to prevent sabotage

• Perhaps consider expanding the view cap. It'd have the effect of increasing aircraft's' lethality but also those of SPAAGs b/c at present IR lock weapons are hard capped by the 2.5km view cap. But this is a pretty rudimentary proposal, the balance implications are great, but merely an idea I float.

• Unsure if the black screen team kill penalty still exists but it needs to be changed. Destroying an enemy tank for example, with some friendlies next to it in unfortunate incident can punish good plays, yet this system is an ineffectual deterrent to actual team killers. Instead the vote kick option should be adjusted to reduce the number necessary to effect it, say 5, and result in a bar from the game for the next 2 or 3 hours.

• More need be done to eradicate scripters from the game. Insufficient work on this will result in the death of this otherwise superb game mode.

• Adjusting jet loadouts to make them more balanced from the pilot's perspective in terms of the variety of weapons one can employ and in what situation.
  1. To-201 Shikra: 5 R77s, 4 R73s, 2 KAB-250s, 2 KH25
  2. F/A-181 Black Wasp II: The current loadout is well balanced with 4 AMRAAMs, 2 AIM-9Xs, 2 GBUs and 4 Macer IIs, but it should be altered to use the double AMRAAM rack, so it'd have 6 instead of 4 AMRAAMs.
  3. Maybe have different options in the menu for the same jet and other aircraft for different camouflage patterns, for vanity's sake

Just a few recommendations to improve the game mode. Thank you to the attending staffers at Bohemia Interactive as always.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some welcome changes upcoming.. Nice one.

Can I request considering a change to the Blufor base location on the Malden 2035 scenario please?

Currently, Blufor seems to ignore the fact that the shortest route to Opfor's base is via La Pessagne, Arudy and then either Goisse/Dourdan etc.

They almost always concentrate on the South of the island - leaving Opfor only 2 hops to get to Blufor's base when they get Arudy (when Blufor is almost always 'stuck' on the long process of capping Military island).

It's almost always game over.

It might be better moving the Blufor Base round to the South of the island - South or Near Cancun (closer to Military island too) to "even out" the the two routes to the North of the island..

A spawn ON military island - rather than travelling via boat - would also be very useful, given that Opfor can seize an airfield in 2 moves.... Maybe with a slight reduction in CP for the island..

@Jezuro 

I find that atlis is not a good map for this mod of game and sahrani would be the map that would be the best. To solve the problem of airports.

disable teleportation it creates big problem of server client syncronization.

2 hours ago, Anthony Mackiw said:

I find that atlis is not a good map for this mod of game and sahrani would be the map that would be the best. To solve the problem of airports.

Sahrani is only available in CUP so can't be used :wink_o:

16 hours ago, Corona 1-1 said:

Instead costs of AA assets should be reduced to offset jets. Increasing asset costs excessively saps enjoyment. Warlords Protocol is supposedly about much larger engagements. People want to use the assets, and use them often. Multiple simultaneous aircraft engagements are entertaining and the window of opportunity for that shouldn't be decreased.

Reveal hidden contents
  • A lock vehicle script to prevent sabotage by others entering and moving one's own vehicles

• Having players spawn in aircraft when ordered like in KOTH but at the edge of the map, prevents ridiculous airfield camping and concurrent aircraft call ins that create accidents on landing

• Prevent mines being planted or any assets from being paradropped on airstrips or runways, effectively creating zones of exclusions to prevent sabotage

• Perhaps consider expanding the view cap. It'd have the effect of increasing aircraft's' lethality but also those of SPAAGs b/c at present IR lock weapons are hard capped by the 2.5km view cap. But this is a pretty rudimentary proposal, the balance implications are great, but merely an idea I float.

• Unsure if the black screen team kill penalty still exists but it needs to be changed. Destroying an enemy tank for example, with some friendlies next to it in unfortunate incident can punish good plays, yet this system is an ineffectual deterrent to actual team killers. Instead the vote kick option should be adjusted to reduce the number necessary to effect it, say 5, and result in a bar from the game for the next 2 or 3 hours.

• More need be done to eradicate scripters from the game. Insufficient work on this will result in the death of this otherwise superb game mode.

• Adjusting jet loadouts to make them more balanced from the pilot's perspective in terms of the variety of weapons one can employ and in what situation.
  1. To-201 Shikra: 5 R77s, 4 R73s, 2 KAB-250s, 2 KH25
  2. F/A-181 Black Wasp II: The current loadout is well balanced with 4 AMRAAMs, 2 AIM-9Xs, 2 GBUs and 4 Macer IIs, but it should be altered to use the double AMRAAM rack, so it'd have 6 instead of 4 AMRAAMs.
  3. Maybe have different options in the menu for the same jet and other aircraft for different camouflage patterns, for vanity's sake

Warlords is not supposed to be any kind of Airquake mission. A little restriction of airpower and a litte expansion of long (still short, because all ranges in ArmA are reduced) range air defese gives other player that want to play with land based systems a bit more movement space and time. AND, the desruction of those Air Defense is a new main target for exactly those ground units. Throwing missiles at each other at BVR range while diving through the fog (2300m VD in warlords) is not exactly the strong or entertainig part of the mission.

@roadki11 

exactly, we have malden why not sahrani? BIS please! it's the best map that arma has made! So why not update it for arma 3 in official?

I haven't played much of this mission but I have never seen AI using transport. I prefer to play with no fast travel, so using transport is critical. Is this something planned to be improved in future?

2 hours ago, Anthony Mackiw said:

@roadki11 

exactly, we have malden why not sahrani? BIS please! it's the best map that arma has made! So why not update it for arma 3 in official?

Malden 2035 is official ArmA III content, Sahrani is not. And since Sahrani was meantioned, what Sahrani, there are plenty of versions.

• Like 3

Any chance we can see V-44X Blackfish vehicle transport for BLUFOR side to improve BLUFOR's armoured capabilities? At present the BLUFOR APC is pretty crappy in comparison against AAF or OPFOR having vehicle transport capability can improve the issue. This can easily be balanced by enabling OPFOR to choose between infantry and vehicle transport variant of xian.

• Like 1

Dwarden has implemented some new anti-cheat measures on our servers. We're monitoring the situation. Please keep an eye out for cheaters over the weekend at let us know if you encounter any.

• Thanks 3

@Beagle

apparently we do not understand malden come well operation flashpoint so why not an official version as malden but it sahrani. I do not care about versions of the community. the map needs as malden to be adapted for arma 3 so an official version of BIS will be the best solution in dlc free. Since nobody buys the DLC. Nobody on tanoa warlord ??? yet I bought the DLC but there is nobody. So I'll do like everyone else I do not buy them anymore.

@Jezuro

either a hacker or a bug I would say that it is a hacker who made AI spawn in the airport of molos. I know I made a video of a hacker named DeFFuZ3R and he was on that part where I recorded. He always takes a Y-32 and he adds anti-air missiles.

The eu01 official warlords server has stuff like vls and vehicles spawned in again.

Apparently people are claiming “Asar” and “aiden” are hackers I’ve seen asar in vls launchers

Edited by crs24
Info

"

If you're a server administrator, seriously consider taking full advantage of your battleye filters. We just spent some time configuring ours, and the server automatically kicked a jerk using their scripts.

All you need to do is add a text file "remoteExec.txt" to the battleye directory in your server's arma folder. In that file, have the lines:

//new

5 "Sambosa"

... and it will automatically kick anyone who tries to use their script (they have enough ego that they sign their hacking scripts so battleye can detect them!). As an added bonus, it will log the kick to the remoteExec.log file in the same folder, which has the hacker's profile name, IP and GUID... perfect for adding to your bans list!

"

Consider this plox.

Eu01 hacked by sambosa again. Hacker ended the mission after nuking everyone.

On a less server breaking note Pretty sure a guy named “Pvt Oreo” is using god mode and infinite ammo on multiple servers. Seen him take multiple missiles point blank and shoot way too many when he’s flying. Also probably spawned his planes.

Also more Sambosa on eu11 hacker crashed or killed the server afterwards.

Is it that hard to try setting the filters by default for this like arziben said? 2nd server taken off today.