10 hours ago, Jezuro said:

@darrenin You can play the mission in singleplayer and save normally.

Hey man,

Thanks for getting back to me! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but I enabled "save game" in the settings when I created the mission, exported it to single mission and played it as a single player scenario. But when I hit Esc the "save" option is greyed out. not sure if I am supposed to add a specific module or if one of my mods is conflicting. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

This game mode is so awesome and epic with C2 mod among others. 

figured it out. It was ALIVE. I was using it to delete dead AI but for some reason it restricted my ability to save. 

• Like 1

Tonight there is a lot of script abuse again in Warlords on official servers.

Mainly standard init commands like forcing HALO parachute, setdamage, setpos, delete gear, etc. on players.

These script attacks last for hours now on different EU servers.

How do I have units from an INDEP faction become OPFOR?

The specific case is the US Army from the Iron Front mod. I'm trying to have them become OPFOR in a Warlords scenario to fight BLUFOR Wehrmacht. The player slots work and are all OPFOR. However, any squad reinforcements are INDEP.

If you die in Warlords, you are respawned back at base. Would it be feasible to add an option for "group respawn"? When you die, you would respawn as one of your squad members that is still alive. The benefit would be less of a break from the combat, and also a better reason to bring along many AI squad members 🙂

@Kurtosis This is technically impossible.

scripted group respawn?

43 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

@Kurtosis This is technically impossible.

Back in the day of ArmA 1, I had this implemented in my Warface mission (which was a mod of MM Warfare). It would give you the option in the "death screen" to respawn either as one of the AI teammates, or back at base. It did require some scripting though, as .kju says.

Something like Unitswitch in crCTI Proman or crCTI KBedition. While alive you can decide anytime to switch into you squadmember.

To prevent abuse it costs same as the price for the soldier you are switching into.

The benefit would be less of a break from the combat, and also a better reason to bring along many AI squad members

Facing the fact that you are dead if you are dead this should break your actions in the combat. Bringing along more AI´s just to switch into them can break the mission flow also.

This could end up in a respawn orgy and then in a limitation (Time/Money). So I would not recommend to build that into this Warlords mission.

Spawning in camps,fast travel are popular for players who loose their tish fast. But it also breaks the missionflow.

I think Warlords is fast enough.

6 hours ago, Kurtosis said:

If you die in Warlords, you are respawned back at base. Would it be feasible to add an option for "group respawn"? When you die, you would respawn as one of your squad members that is still alive. The benefit would be less of a break from the combat, and also a better reason to bring along many AI squad members 🙂

You need to script your own mission for that. Examples here.

Note: Not respawning as group character, but on his position.

• Like 2

While selectPlayer could be used in theory (since proper respawn into units created on the fly is not possible, not to mention that it's not possible to change the respawn type during the mission), handling of this is very complicated and the eventual issues are way too severe to balance the gameplay benefit.

well essentially you call team switch when you died, and give the option not to, to start off with your respawning body again

one wouldnt use the engine based group respawn, but just script the behavior/system

Are you sure you can teamswitch into units created by createUnit?

well personally i wouldnt use team switch. selectPlayer does the job. many game modes use it.

in A3 you no longer need even to hack the side switch if you want different look due to the clothing system

2 hours ago, Jezuro said:

Are you sure you can teamswitch into units created by createUnit?

Only in SP by addSwitchableUnit

13 hours ago, Anthony Mackiw said:

hacker again always on server officiel

Yes, currently there is not a single afternoon without it. I gave Warlords a rest now, maybe later if this is fixed in an update.

Add to this that there is currenlty no working repercussion for teamkill sprees....see screenshot: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1684141112

@Beagle Hacks, unfortunately, I can do nothing about. However the teamkill penalty not working is weird, I remember seeing it working on official servers.

44 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

@Beagle Hacks, unfortunately, I can do nothing about. However the teamkill penalty not working is weird, I remember seeing it working on official servers.

Since I use to play only on official servers, my reports come from there, of course.

Regarding hacking, its not actually hacks but infusion of the standard scripts one would also use in mission creating, most of them very standard ones like the HALO.sqs etc.

Yes, but you still need to inject the code somehow.

it is urgent to put a script to prevent the change of side in the game. Some players take advantage of it to know the positions. It becomes unplayable your mission between the hackers and the changes of side. The warlord servers are falling in number of players from day to day. It is necessary for the survival of your work to improve your mission !!! 

I think the solution is an admin to do the police!

take an example on a BECTI!

Hey think I ran into a bug running it on Single player.  after I save and exit the scenario when I come back in the Warlords dialog box ( to fast travel/ recruit/ sector scan etc.) doesn't show up when I press "I". Next the map will let me select the next sector but it doesn't show up on the map or have any hud elements ( showing sector control progress etc.). After capturing the next sector I then can no longer select the following sector so I can't advance. 

I have noticed this with and without mods. basically it limits me to play through all at once or if I exit the scenario to come back later I am limited to only advancing for one more sector then get stuck. Is anyone else experiencing this?

• Sad 1

Basically the voting option for the next sector doesn't work after saving, leaving the scenario, and resuming the mission. 

• Sad 1

The official servers need some admins or certain regulars allowed to kick/ban people (also people kicked should be bared from coming back until a set amount of time), since after getting back into arma and jumping into warlords (closest thing to capture the island). The teamkillers are just out of control, every single match you just see a team end up with one. As a constant list of teamkills pops up.

Aside from that. wish we got atleast 3 ai to control instead of 2. Also something to limit the number of attack heli's and jets, because good god the spam of those is very real.

13 minutes ago, darrenin said:

Basically the voting option for the next sector doesn't work after saving, leaving the scenario, and resuming the mission. 

That's not related to Warlord but the engine for save in general. Roughly, you can save the game like a "picture" with actual units, their positions, their loadouts, waypoints... if triggers are activated or not (I'm less sure about that for repeatable ones)...

But scripts are stopped and you can't ask for a "continue them" when you reload the mission. Rerunning them, along with some conditions saved as variable, should be possible anyway. Some scenario will autosave the game after big events (tasks completed, end of scripts...).

Autosave on sector seized could be a solution.

What it seems to me impossible, is to save anytime all the stuff, like a Gb copy of whole memory. You'll need to define what must be saved then what must be rerun.