17 hours ago, Jezuro said:

1.90 update with quite an extensive Warlords changelog: https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00085

Just visited the new [official] 64 player servers of Warlords yesterday evening. Great fun in the beginning but then a banner appeared on the top of the screen "your server has been hacked by"  DM team or so. Screen was getting red and music was played.  It was an official server. After Update 1.90. Are you aware of this?

There is issue on 64 player version of the Altis scenario: after last 1.90 update no AI units in lobby and in game. They are available only from deployment.

64 player version has AI slots disabled on purpose as that many AI commaners would be too much of a performance hit for the server. You will also notice that the maximum number of subordinates you can request is lower, for the same reason.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

64 player version has AI slots disabled on purpose as that many AI commaners would be too much of a performance hit for the server. You will also notice that the maximum number of subordinates you can request is lower, for the same reason.

Solid copy. But could you run some "good old days" 32 player Altis Veteran servers with AI? Instead Stratis or Tanoa uninhabited servers? Thanks.

Anyone figure out what the fix for single player is?  Still cannot find a way to save a single player Warlords game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SadPandaa said:

Anyone figure out what the fix for single player is?  Still cannot find a way to save a single player Warlords game.

You can play in multiplayer solo.

• Like 1

Hi there,

I'm having troubles understanding the behaviour behind the CfgWLFactionAssets for the Independent faction. Is the list supposed to act as a whitelist? Ideally I would like to be able to blacklist specific vehicle assets and/or specific vehicle groups from spawning.

I have been testing with the VME PLA mod and I'm trying to prevent certain types of vehicles from spawning but I've not had any luck so far. The Warlord sectors and Response Team modules on the default "Random" option seem to pick any group they find in the mod configs, completely disregarding the groups I've specified.

I would agree with the previous post as well.  I know the update is new.  However when someone who makes warlord missions knows more.  Could you post how the heck the new updates actually work.  What does the new listing do?  The wiki is very vague and imo poorly written.

Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, lordmungus said:

Is the list supposed to act as a whitelist? Ideally I would like to be able to blacklist specific vehicle assets and/or specific vehicle groups from spawning.

The list you create is added to the group classes loaded from the faction config. If you don't want certain groups to be spawned at all, you will have to change the faction name in the Init module to some non-existing one and list all groups you do want to use in CfgWLFactionAssets.

Keep in mind that individual Independent vehicles are never spawned on their own, only as a part of a group. Unless of course you use preset vehicles in the editor as described on the wiki.

In my opinion the 64 Player version is not a good idea at public (official) servers.

1. It provides all the slots for even more teamstacking

2. the restriction to 2 AI only makes it fail to apply the IFV and Infanrty squad use or even just 1 MBT and a support vehicle.

Servers don't run 64 player versions that good when the player count goes above 40. The frames after a while a worse then before, dropping below 20 very early.

3. It was already hard to have a somewhat coordinated teamplay with 16 dudes, now with 32 per team its all horrible.

4. the airbases are scattered with aircraft wrecks from midair collisions and runway wrecks in no time now once the 7.000 CP mark is reached, it is easy to spans 30.000 in aircraft that will never get delivered.

5. the overuse of "special equipment" makes this just another missile sniper Spec ops Viper, CTRG game mode.

6. I'am really missing the options für camo nets and "cage armour" thast came with Tanks DLC, also dynamic loadout or at least an CAP and an CAS variation for each Fighter plane would be good.

7. After a while in warlords the game mode feels more limiting in the contrast of ArmA possibilities instead of making use of the games features.

While I agree with most points, there are still smaller scenarios hosted for those who prefer them.

• Like 2

BTW, I think you could remove Rhino ATGM laser guided rockets. because if you have it together with darter and ammo truck in fact this is a Wunderwaffe on 4km distance. 🙂

It seems that nothing can be done about teamkillers and hackers.. Just left a server that had a guy sitting in base TK'ing spawners - he's been doing it for about 30 mins..

Votekick has too high a threshold - if it even works at all...

Unless your own base is targetted by the enemy, it might be worth making players invulnerable within a certain radius of spawn..

Also.. Much prefer a map size something in between 16 and 32 player..

16 is decent size but a bit too short.. 64 - well I just have time to sit through these missions to the end, so why play??

Also, when when your attack point gets locked somewhere behind enemy lines and it's a nightmare to get to and capture..

It's a bit daft - the point of attack should be movable, by new vote, once it's been cut off for (say) 20 minutes or so..

Ammo trucks need a CP cost for re-arm.. To stop Rhino spamming..

Oh and give OpFor 7.62x20 clips in the ammo drops please...

Other than that.. Great mission - just needs a few tweaks!

• Like 1

Created an account just for this post:

It's unbelievable how narrow-minded this mod was thought. It works in theory, has an excellent idea, but doesn't counts for any other situation from situation A.

There's no excuse for:

• Teamkilling in controlled bases / sectors
  • Stealing other's equipment / assets
  • Damaging friendly assets
  • Ghosting
  • Getting bombed while inside your untargeted base

It would take some serious balls to push the gamemode in this bare-bones state. Pretty much "This, this and done! It's perfect" - Zeus and now warlords is the reason I boot up ArmA3, but I can't enjoy my gameplay because of incompetence.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, HellhoundF said:

Created an account just for this post:

It's unbelievable how narrow-minded this mod was thought. It works in theory, has an excellent idea, but doesn't counts for any other situation from situation A.

There's no excuse for:

• Teamkilling in controlled bases / sectors
  • Stealing other's equipment / assets
  • Damaging friendly assets
  • Ghosting
  • Getting bombed while inside your untargeted base

It would take some serious balls to push the gamemode in this bare-bones state. Pretty much "This, this and done! It's perfect" - Zeus and now warlords is the reason I boot up ArmA3, but I can't enjoy my gameplay because of incompetence.

Not sure you'll gain any consideration with such first post. Your competence for bashing is absolutely useless.

It just shows the reality on public play servers. If you don't keep abuse and griefing in mind, you will end up with this.

So while his language is clearly result of experiencing shortly before the rampant abuse happening, his points remain valid regardless.

I was quite surprised and disappointed by the assets spawning method as its so open to abuse where players can steal them.  Is it not possible to lock vehicles/weapons which would allow the purchaser to decide if it remains locked or unlocked for others.

Unfortunately its very hard to eliminate all forms of dick behaviour in games but team killing should have well established methods of punishment.   Blank screen for a period of time for each kill, kick after 3 consecutive blue kills, ban after 3 kicks.  Or vote system for the victim to punish etc.

@EDcase @HellhoundF

There are multiple spawn-kill preventing methods and punishments implemented (as mentioned in the recent update changelog). If these are not working properly we'll do our best to identify the issue and fix it.

@Hostilian

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, .kju said:

It just shows the reality on public play servers. If you don't keep abuse and griefing in mind, you will end up with this.

So while his language is clearly result of experiencing shortly before the rampant abuse happening, his points remain valid regardless.

Some players are actually nice and can teamplay, while others just keep killing themselves at spawn and we can't do anything about that - Teamkill the teamkiller too much, you'll be punished. Kicking barely works, as the player can just rejoin and I doubt a griefer has anything to lose. And i'm not the only one complaining - Yesterday we couldn't spawn any jets because some fool from our team was destroying them before anyone could get to it with a SPAAG.

• Thanks 1

I think it's time to introduce something to prevent the asset destruction by teammates. I must admit that the behavior of some players has taken me by surprise. I should have expected the worst.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Jezuro said:

I think it's time to introduce something to prevent the asset destruction by teammates. I must admit that the behavior of some players has taken me by surprise. I should have expected the worst.

Nice! There is always room for improvement. It's very frustrating to save up for half an hour and so just to have your very expensive T140K/Jet destroyed by some griefer who has a bunch of satchel charges or just kills you and sprints to your vehicle to drive it into the sea or flip it upside down.

• Thanks 1

Can anyone go in to detail in how these two lists are filtered differently between bluefor and opfor?

The question I have is about filtering units.  I can use mywlassetlist to filter what the available units are to spawn using that script alone. Why would I need to add the second list? What does it allow me to do?  Only related to blu and opfor units.  I get the independent class.

['MyWLAssetList']

[CfgWLFactionAssets]

Thanks in advance. 

@jandrews The former is for assets that players and AI can request for Command Points. The latter is used for spawning AI garrisons and patrols.

BTW how would you guys feel about a limit for maximum Command Points? As an optional scenario parameter with default being unlimited of course. Servers could then experiment with different presets, let's say 15.000, 20.000, 30.000, 50.000, 100.000, until a reasonably balanced value is found.

hey I just got done writing my own Warlords Des.ext with full params and asset   lists and class lists. if anyone wants some help setting up your own system msg me I have spent the last 42 hours learning how this bastard function with the new 1.90 update and the modules with custom cup factions and a . ext I can run ful dynamic war with just me and a coop buddy online with full custom. my taki map has well over 30 zones to cap and fight for.