what about possibly changing the way aircraft are delivered? 

AI are really slow and landing and make themselves a massive target for AA. 

Maybe the aircraft hangars could be set as spawn points? 
i.e. 

Select A164 
select respawn position - Hanger 2 (pos shown on map)
maybe a timer 20-30 seconds while checking theres no object or vehicle in the way if there was maybe it could notify you "hangar 2 is not possible at this time" 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyl3r99 said:

what about possibly changing the way aircraft are delivered? 

AI are really slow and landing and make themselves a massive target for AA. 

Maybe the aircraft hangars could be set as spawn points? 
i.e. 

Select A164 
select respawn position - Hanger 2 (pos shown on map)
maybe a timer 20-30 seconds while checking theres no object or vehicle in the way if there was maybe it could notify you "hangar 2 is not possible at this time" 

Another problem is that AI often does not land at the first or even second go around, and Ai does not prevent any collisions with other objects (wrecks, other aircraft, vehicles that where deliberately placed there.... ) on the runway.

46 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Another problem is that AI often does not land at the first or even second go around, and Ai does not prevent any collisions with other objects (wrecks, other aircraft, vehicles that where deliberately placed there.... ) on the runway.

True. It's difficult to make a Wasp (Vanilla F/A 181) land. You have to cut off the fuel on final. Other difficulty for CUP C130 crashing at threshold if you don't place a "magic" trigger for altering + 5m its altitude before landing...

Arma is not Arma if you don't have anymore workarounds to write.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:06 AM, Jezuro said:

These are things that are easily customizable as it is. You want to have vehicles as part of garrison? Place them in the editor. Not everything can be done automatically and if it can, it very rarely has as good results as scenarios hand-crafted by someone. Similarly, you want to have garrison in buildings? Feel free. It's not in vanilla because spending half an hour clearing a single sector in a small town from AI is not what Warlords is about. I'm sure there are plenty of great scenarios offering that kind of gameplay out there.

Ok, well how about adding Independent to be used as a main side. May be I want to use nato as the AI bots holding a town and have opfor vs independent faction. I understand the story line is Blue vs Red and Green holding towns. BUT.... again... i go back to options. I should have an option to use the green faction as a main side. There are other sub factions to use for different types of warfare.

Anyone have positive experiences for placing vehicles for garrison via editor? please share.

4 hours ago, jandrews said:

Ok, well how about adding Independent to be used as a main side. May be I want to use nato as the AI bots holding a town and have opfor vs independent faction. I understand the story line is Blue vs Red and Green holding towns. BUT.... again... i go back to options. I should have an option to use the green faction as a main side. There are other sub factions to use for different types of warfare.

Anyone have positive experiences for placing vehicles for garrison via editor? please share.

That's means rewrite the scripts!

Anyway, you can do what you want. Reds vs Blues, greens as holding sectors...

Just respect theses sides keeping on mind the scripts, but place any group you want inside each base:

- you can easily change side: if (isServer) then {[_x] joinSilent vreateGroup EAST} forEach units this}   in an init field of a green group icon;

- Place any faction you want in factions field of the WL init module;

- Make your own assets of any class in each side of CfgWLRequisitionPresets (The crew is wrong sided but disappears when the vehicle is delivered).

9 hours ago, pierremgi said:

That's means rewrite the scripts!

Anyway, you can do what you want. Reds vs Blues, greens as holding sectors...

Just respect theses sides keeping on mind the scripts, but place any group you want inside each base:

- you can easily change side: if (isServer) then {[_x] joinSilent vreateGroup EAST} forEach units this}   in an init field of a green group icon;

- Place any faction you want in factions field of the WL init module;

- Make your own assets of any class in each side of CfgWLRequisitionPresets (The crew is wrong sided but disappears when the vehicle is delivered).

Just so I understand.  I can place the syndikat in a bluefor wl init and they are now bluefor? And NATO in to the green side and they are green?

Have you spawned vehicles off the sectors via the editor?  If so do they patrol automatically or do they need orders in unit init?

Have you found any scripts conflicting with warlords.   For instance, vcomai for green side only, or psychos ai revive, and has anyone garrisoned green units when spawned with editor based units?  If so are you setting it up for respawning once dead?  If so please share.  Thanks.

14 hours ago, jandrews said:

Yes that work for me just place a vehicle with crew and sync to the sector module, the vehicle will patrol....

I use Tank and APC in specific sector (with a better CP income, helipad or airfield).

For the faction the best thing to do its to use the Orbat module from the Alive mod to convert Faction you can create easely an Opfor AAF and an independent CSAT if you want to do an NATO vs AAF.

20 minutes ago, jandrews said:

Have you spawned vehicles off the sectors via the editor?  If so do they patrol automatically or do they need orders in unit init?

You can add waypoint to a synced vehicle, static weapon work too if they are not placed on a building.

20 minutes ago, damsous said:

You can add waypoint to a synced vehicle, static weapon work too if they are not placed on a building.

Interesting.

So the orbat module to change sides? Would that make it alive dependent then?

Has anyone added the ability to drop items like props (sandbags and barriers?)

1 hour ago, jandrews said:

Interesting.

So the orbat module to change sides? Would that make it alive dependent then?

Yes, you don't need any dependency like Alive to make that works. One problem after one other. Try, test, report what's wrong.

For sandbag and barrier, not tested but you should add them to class Gear into CfgWLRequisitionPresets

7 hours ago, jandrews said:

Sandbag.... work for sure if you add them in the defense asset list, the biggest static object or structure will kill the player (colision)

If you want defensive object its better to use the R3F logistic script and get the object via the creation factory, and you can also load/unload many object in the vehicle like ammo box, sandbag, static weapon....

Any chance on doing some cleanup adjustments to reduce the FPS drop that occcurs the longer the mission is running? 

Also, what are the chances on making it so you can only attack linked territories?  Having to defend all back field territories and the front at the same time really spreads the defending team very thin and creates drastically long stalemates which just further contribute to the FPS drops as tracked items etc pile up more and more. 

Periodic cleanup of all weapon holders is incoming.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I've been trying out making a Warlords scenario using the tutorial documentation + some threads around the forum. Naturally I want to make a custom asset list, but I was wondering about doing something specific that I expect may already exist, undocumented?...

So when you create objects (editor, game, scripted, etc.) you have the ability to run commands on said object (initialization code/script). Is there any way to add an "init script" for specific assets?

eg;
                class C_SOME_CAR
                {
                    cost = 100;
                    requirements[]={};
                    init[]={"this setObjectTextureGlobal [ 0, "#(rgb,8,8,3)color(1,0,0,0.7)" ];"};
                };

I'm assuming this isn't how it would be done (if it can), however, it would be a great option to have IMO. Personally I intend to use it for "painting" custom (workshop mod) vehicles Blue & Red for Blufor & Opfor respectively, but the ability to write init script for assets could be very useful for many things. If it's not available at the moment, could be worth adding if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks & Take care!

-Fourty7

Is there a way to cap the amount of money AI is able to collect?  It seems that the AI is able to sit and collect so much CP when players aren’t on that even once you get them back to their main base, they still have the ability to just spawn in an endless supply of recourses. 

The servers need to have some sort of restart/reset cycle. I.e. after 30 min with no players on, or even a player based vote to testy option. 

Me and and a couple mates just spent hours killing hindreds of tanks and thousands of AI and could never get the to where we could cap the final point. 

Very frustrating. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jezuro said:

Periodic cleanup of all weapon holders is incoming.

Good to here. As mentioned above. Some sort of restart/reset cycle would be very beneficial too. 

ANOTHER BATCH OF PRELIMIARY PATCHNOTES (1.90)

Please keep in mind that not all of these might make it in the update.

Tweaked: Asset requesting routines for AI
Tweaked: Path planning routines for AI
Fixed: Some modded planes would crash upon landing
Fixed: Ejection seats and canvases from fighter jests no longer block runways
Fixed: Some planes would need to double-take a landing
Added: Unless their base is under attack, all playable units are now invulnerable after respawn until they leave the base (60 seconds maximum)
Added: Individual asset lists
Fixed: The mode would not work properly in singleplayer environment
Changed: Arming mines in your own base is not allowed unless the base is under attack
Fixed: It is now possible to get rid of vehicles (via Action menu) purchased by AI before player took control over that AI
Fixed: Static defences are now properly calculated for the maximum amount of assets
Changed: The team killing penalty duration is now increased progressively up to 5 minutes for each 3 player kills or 6 AI kills
Added: Sector zone restriction border width is now customizable for each sector in the module window
Fixed: Sector voting is now handled properly even if the only player who voted disconnects before the voting is finished
Added: Maximum group size is now defined in the Warlords Init module
Fixed: Fast travel to contested sector no longer lands you in water if there is land somewhere around the sector
Added: You can now further customize various classes for dynamically spawned assets
Added: 64 players version of Whole Altis scenario
Added: 32 players version of Malden scenario
Added: 32 players version of Stratis scenario
Fixed: Helicopters would land on inconvenient locations when ordered from the airstrip in Tanoa (South) scenario
Tweaked: Various sector and zone border sizes to avoid pointless zone restriction triggering
Fixed: Various script errors
Fixed: "Starting CP" parameter in the Warlords Init module would set up incorrect values for some settings

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Jezuro said:

Added: You can now further customize various classes for dynamically spawned assets

There is an exemple on how to do it ?

I'm liking what I see so far.. Nice work!

If not already coming in 1.90 I'd like to suggest the following additions/changes..

- A 24 Player map with a size somewhere between existing 16 and 32 player maps.

- A bit extra cash for slightly late joiners that miss out of the 500CP start bonus.. If you run into any Armor at the first contested sector spawn, you're screwed.. Or just up the amount to 300CP for all players..

- I usually purchase a 7.62mm 20round weapon as OPFOR (in Armory) and it's a right pain to get ammo for it. Your ammo bearer doesn't stock it and it's not in any of your supply crates..

- Can't find the nightstalker in any of the crates as BLUFOR (not sure about this one, might just have missed it). You can get it in Armory though.

- Ability to move the contested sector spawn point - if it's being camped OR in water (seen a couple of times) OR in a Death Zone (also seen a couple of times at La Pessagne/Vigny).

- Would prefer if the Veteran mode showed yourself on the map.. I mean, it shows all the other friendly players, so why not?

- Fix... Issues with AI mounting tanks have nearly lost me a tank a couple of times..

- Increase in sector scan cost - after a certain amount of play time.

- Make it easier to kick a griefer/troll.

39 minutes ago, damsous said:

There is an exemple on how to do it ?

Community wiki page will be updated when the update comes out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all of that. Warlord is one of the most, if not the most, interesting scenario for Arma 3. And I have some nites and days of playing/scripting this game as reference.

14 hours ago, Jezuro said:

Fixed: The mode would not work properly in singleplayer environment

Do you mean in SP or MP Solo? I just tested the latest Dev build in SP and you cant even vote for a sector and I tried MP solo and the UI still fails to initialize when loading a save after using "Save And Exit". Is the intent to make saving/loading work in MP or to allow the mode to be played in SP without being able to have units respawn? I want to be able to play custom built warlords scenarios in MP solo like a dynamic campaign that i can play over multiple sessions but need saving/loading to work.

• Like 1

Thanks for making this, it's really good fun and a great way to put all the assets to good use. A few feedback points...

#1 - Rhinos need to be reconsidered. 

At the moment, artillery has been taken out of this game type for obvious reasons. The Rhino acts as an extremely accurate artillery piece that can be hidden anywhere on the larger maps. With only a 2k view-distance it is almost impossible to find it and with ammo boxes it has infinite ammo. This is extremely unbalanced. 

Potential fixes would be to either take the Rhino out of the came entirely, but that seems a bit extreme. Alternatively, remove that one specific ammo type in this scenario, which would be more suitable for the issue.

#2 - View distance

The view distance is quite restrictive considering this scenario encourages the use of jets/helicopters and long range, high tech, equipment in general. I understand that it's for balance to some extent, but 2k seems very short. My view is that 4k or 5k would be a much more enjoyable experience while also keeping balance. 

#3 - Ability to change target city at a vote

Simply put, choosing a bad city can ruin the rest of the (hours and hours of) gameplay. Being able to switch this, or have a way that other INDI/Green towns can be captured as well as the target city would be beneficial to gameplay.

#4 - Death when entering cities that are unconquerable 

Totally understand why this needs to be in there, but maybe the death radius could be made slightly smaller. When flying from airfield to AO it can be annoying, and when trying to hunt for hidden Rhino's around the entire map it becomes just another thing that makes it easier to Artillery spam with a Rhino, fixing #1 would obviously fix this too... maybe.

5# - First person official servers

Would be great to have a "hardcore" first person only mode hosted by some official servers. Maybe with 3rd allowed in vehicles only to allow for some ease-of-play to encourage more people to try it.

Thanks again for your hard work and effort going into this.

• Like 1

@hydrobigbang Not sure which version is currently on the dev branch, but please check the status when the stable update comes out.

@Shoppy Basically all of these things are customizable via scenario parameters in the lobby. Official server use default settings for pretty much everything though.

2 hours ago, Jezuro said:

Basically all of these things are customizable via scenario parameters in the lobby. Official server use default settings for pretty much everything though.

I guess there's no way to change the defaults? Kinda ruins the official servers experience imo and as they are the most populated servers. I also can't find #1, #4 or #5 in the params but if we can't change params in official servers anyway it doesn't matter if they're in there or not, for those of us who play on official servers. 

Personally, I think these changes should be made for the default/official versions but of course it's only my feedback, others no doubt have a different opinion. Feel free to do what you wish with it.

• Like 1