Okay so the personal asset list implementation wasn't as complicated as I've anticipated, meaning that you will be able to use different requisition lists for individual players.

• Like 2

In a WL mission created in editor, the Starting CP in WL Init module is set to 1000, but each time the mission is previewed only 750 gets received.  But if another amount is chosen, the selected amount is received.  This happens regardless which unit is played.  Is something using the CP at startup (confused)?

Yeah it seems to be wrong in the module config, I'll get that fixed. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Got a question about editor, the respawn is managed by the warlord module or i need to add a custom respawn with marker? for the moment i use 2 marker (respawn_west,east) the player respawn on the marker but the AI respawn on their corpse, its possible the custom respawn breack the AI respawn ?

I also got an other question, i open the Altis mission and the trigger synced with the warlord sector will determine the number off AI or its just for adjust spawn position ?

Hello @Jezuro, I wanted to thank you for Warlords, it is a brilliant game mode, and every addition you add just makes it that much better.

I wanted to ask if there was any possibility of making the Warlords Base and Sector Modules show a visual representation of their zones like the Trigger zones in Eden? it could help visualize the zone for tweaking.

On 04/01/2019 at 9:16 AM, Jezuro said:

Okay so the personal asset list implementation wasn't as complicated as I've anticipated, meaning that you will be able to use different requisition lists for individual players.

can you dumb it down for me hahaha what do you mean? 

8 hours ago, General Kong said:

any possibility of making the Warlords Base and Sector Modules show a visual representation of their zones like the Trigger zones in Eden?

Not sure at this moment, the problem is that I can't use the X and Y axis parameters as triggers do since both of them need to have the same value.

@Tyl3r99 It basically means that individual players can request different assets, for instance, you could have a playable crewman that can request tanks but not helicopters, and then a pilot who can request helicopters but not tanks etc.

Could it be that the auto penalty for teamkilling isn't working or is disabled on the official server?

It does not work if someone enables Revive in the parameters, other than that it should be working as far as I know.

@Jezuro would be nice to have  separated options to set the fast travel for the IA and players. For example if you want to make the IA able to teleport to any sector but players only to owned ones.

16 hours ago, Markkos26 said:

@Jezuro would be nice to have  separated options to set the fast travel for the IA and players. For example if you want to make the IA able to teleport to any sector but players only to owned ones.

I think the current implementation allows reasonably varied settings.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 3:47 AM, Jezuro said:

I think the current implementation allows reasonably varied settings.

This is good to hear.  In hindsight with this cti type mission although great as it is, would be even better if the community was more involved in its initial building phase for the ideas and suggestions aspect.  From a coding side of things I'd bet it would have been much easier too.

I'd like to make a ww2 mission based on this game mode however certain things like parachuting in to contested zones with assets ( tanks, arty ) takes away from the realism of the era. If you were to make everything a option like rpg as it now sounds like you are trying it would definitely allow many more different types of missions from this one game mode.  How nice would that be?  Fingers crossed 

Would you say tanks popping up from the ground are more immersive? I mean there always will need to be some sort of compromise between realism and playability. All things considered I think the airdrop approach is the most feasible.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, jandrews said:

I'd like to make a ww2 mission based on this game mode however certain things like parachuting in to contested zones with assets ( tanks, arty ) takes away from the realism of the era. If you were to make everything a option like rpg as it now sounds like you are trying it would definitely allow many more different types of missions from this one game mode.  How nice would that be?  Fingers crossed 

You can add a little workaround, in your init.sqf, like:

Spoiler

if (isServer) then {
  [] spawn {
    while {true} do {
      _allVehicles = (vehicles select {isNil {_x getVariable "treatedAsVehicle"} && _x isKindOf "landVehicle" && getPosATL _x #2 > 20});
      {
        _x setVariable ["treatedAsVehicle",true];
        _x spawn {
          waitUntil {uisleep 0.5; !isNull attachedTo _this};
          _para = attachedTo _this;
          detach _para;

deleteVehicle _para;
          _pos = getPos _this;
          _pos set [2,0];
          _this setPos _pos;
        };
      } forEach _allVehicles;
    };
}};

4 hours ago, Jezuro said:

Would you say tanks popping up from the ground are more immersive? I mean there always will need to be some sort of compromise between realism and playability. All things considered I think the airdrop approach is the most feasible.

Paradrop a 50 ton MBT is far from realism, the weight of a vehicle must be under 10 ton to be paradroped like the Russian BMD.

The only way its to drop a tank at 10 feet from a C-130, that require an airfield and the tank popping up from the plane ;)

9 hours ago, Jezuro said:

Personally, I'd rather have more options to restrict what is para dropped in and what is allowed to be spawned in at contested and secured zones by certain soldier classnames.  So for example, I only allow bristish paratroops to drop in contested zones, only paratroops, ammo crates, small cannons and jeeps can paradrop in.  And in secured zones only infantry troops have the option to spawn in infantry troops, transport trucks, tanks, larger arty pieces and heavy equipment. The infantry would then need to move towards the front lines to provide reinforcements. This would be more of era emerson I mean and role playing.  Not much was para dropped in during ww2 in way of tanks and heavy equipment.  Mostly just troops, supplies and some small vehicles. Most heavy equipment traveled across terrains to take towns / cities.  Something like this would allow players to have true roles in this type of mission.  Paratroops are the only class to drop in contested areas and move the lines, infantry has more assets to spawn but can only in secured zones and move in using different terrains.  So they have to work together more to secure areas and provide reinforcements.  Also players would have to set up defensive positions to hold towns more.  Say a German infantry can only spawn in a secured zone, they then spawn some 88s and static mgs to hold the lines, or have to save enough points to get a tiger tank.

More options in mission set up isn't a bad thing.

Just some ideas to match the game mode, mods types, role playing and emerson.

10 hours ago, jandrews said:

Personally, I'd rather have more options to restrict what is para dropped in and what is allowed to be spawned in at contested and secured zones by certain soldier classnames.  So for example, I only allow bristish paratroops to drop in contested zones, only paratroops, ammo crates, small cannons and jeeps can paradrop in.  And in secured zones only infantry troops have the option to spawn in infantry troops, transport trucks, tanks, larger arty pieces and heavy equipment. The infantry would then need to move towards the front lines to provide reinforcements. This would be more of era emerson I mean and role playing.  Not much was para dropped in during ww2 in way of tanks and heavy equipment.  Mostly just troops, supplies and some small vehicles. Most heavy equipment traveled across terrains to take towns / cities.  Something like this would allow players to have true roles in this type of mission.  Paratroops are the only class to drop in contested areas and move the lines, infantry has more assets to spawn but can only in secured zones and move in using different terrains.  So they have to work together more to secure areas and provide reinforcements.  Also players would have to set up defensive positions to hold towns more.  Say a German infantry can only spawn in a secured zone, they then spawn some 88s and static mgs to hold the lines, or have to save enough points to get a tiger tank.

More options in mission set up isn't a bad thing.

Just some ideas to match the game mode, mods types, role playing and emerson.

I agree with you but i think warlord is designed to be able to jump in the fight really fast without too much restriction.

I think adding few option for armored vehicle purchase (like the plane or helo) the mission maker can set up predefined sector where the armored vehicle can be purchased with an AI insertion (an AI spawn at 200 m form the sector and drive into it).   

And also disable reiforcement if the enemy faction is to close from a owned sector. (some action like fast travel are already disable if there an enemy to close).

But did you try to add the armored vehicle in the defense asset list ? like this it can be purchased only in owned sector, it work for sure but there a chance to die when its spawning.

• Like 1

On 24/8/2015 at 7:59 AM, kremator said:

Loving the mission Jezuro.  A nice mix of difficulty in it.

EDIT:  Having played this exclusively for the past couple of days, I really like it.  Would it be possible to have some of the defenders (AI) taking positions in buildings, so they have to be cleared out ?

Is it possible?

1 hour ago, Markkos26 said:

Is it possible?

You can add them. I consider Warlord as a framework. For example, you can spawn more indep, defending locations, then chasing enemies while warlord indep leave the lost sector and attempt to reach a contested one.

3 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

You can add them. I consider Warlord as a framework. For example, you can spawn more indep, defending locations, then chasing enemies while warlord indep leave the lost sector and attempt to reach a contested one.

if I add INDEP units inside buildings synced to a WLSector they would spawn when the WLSector get activated?

Just now, Markkos26 said:

if I add INDEP units inside buildings synced to a WLSector they would spawn when the WLSector get activated?

Not tested but I don't think so.

Make you own groups with their own behaviors.

I did briefly consider having garrison in buildings way back when I started working on the mode, but due to AI not being the best at clearing buildings and the amount of time required to clear out larger towns, particularly on Altis, this was not implemented.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, damsous said:

I agree with you but i think warlord is designed to be able to jump in the fight really fast without too much restriction.

I believe it varies per player.  Ww2 mods are very popular and players like the slower pace strategy type game.  Plus, the idea of having more options allows the mission maker to create different scenarios where some players would be focused on frontline battle and others as support roles and supply lines.  It goes with the ww2 era emerson.

17 hours ago, pierremgi said:

Not tested but I don't think so.

Make you own groups with their own behaviors.

I bet some type of function could be made to spawn ai units based on players in trigger area, count, "contested" vs "secure" and with some 3rd party scripts that specifically do place ai in buildings is probably very doable.  I believe this is s great one to use.

Would you know anyone who can do this? ;)

14 hours ago, Jezuro said:

I did briefly consider having garrison in buildings way back when I started working on the mode, but due to AI not being the best at clearing buildings and the amount of time required to clear out larger towns, particularly on Altis, this was not implemented.

Well I think it should be reconsidered.  An option could be like what Alive mod does.  Chose a % of ai 10-40% let's say that get spawned are garrisoned.  This would limit the number and also meet players options.  This could also be turned off if mission maker wanted.

For me personally, if you gonna make something like this.  You have to go all in.  Garrison ai units, spawning ai vehicles automatically and not via the editor are basics.  Its why players have made tons of scripts that do this and why they make their own missions.  The vanilla arma missions are fine but let's be honest.  Players make their own missions and scripts b/c vanilla arma lacks those options. I believe this community is the best community I have ever been part of.  They make arma.  Without this community I believe arma is not what it is today.

These are things that are easily customizable as it is. You want to have vehicles as part of garrison? Place them in the editor. Not everything can be done automatically and if it can, it very rarely has as good results as scenarios hand-crafted by someone. Similarly, you want to have garrison in buildings? Feel free. It's not in vanilla because spending half an hour clearing a single sector in a small town from AI is not what Warlords is about. I'm sure there are plenty of great scenarios offering that kind of gameplay out there.