So some mods still use simulation airplane:eh:

Yes. Of course some maps doesn't have a runway. So, it's weird trying to make a plane land, but it's not the problem here.

Some CUP, and I guess RHS planes, have no velocity when you spawn them, even if you specify "FLY" in special params.

The only way is to give them a velocity.

I guess, it's not Vanilla problem (I didn't test all planes). But that could be fine if we could spawn safely

Yes. Of course some maps doesn't have a runway. So, it's weird trying to make a plane land, but it's not the problem here.

Some CUP, and I guess RHS planes, have no velocity when you spawn them, even if you specify "FLY" in special params.

The only way is to give them a velocity.

I guess, it's not Vanilla problem (I didn't test all planes). But that could be fine if we could spawn safely any plane, on ground or in the air, providing them a standard velocity. I reduced to [0,0,100] for all  planes. That doesn't hurt the Vanilla's one.

40 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

So some mods still use simulation airplane:eh:

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, not everyone has switched over to the new type.

Well the planes do receive a starting velocity in Warlords scripts...

PhysX is a big hassle, complex to set up and involves many issues

• Sad 2

Could we get MP save capability? It is necessary because in big map, player could leave game before it ended then we should play all over again. Quite frustrating...

On 29.12.2018 at 1:52 PM, Kattemageren said:

How do I make the mod read my modified sqf files, instead of those in the mod?

Can't. With just a Mission.

On 30/12/2018 at 7:15 AM, UNIT_normal said:

Could we get MP save capability? It is necessary because in big map, player could leave game before it ended then we should play all over again. Quite frustrating...

Its not a real solution but its working if you play on your own custom map, just take a screenshot of the map when the mission end, open your mission in editor and change owned sector parameter, hand made persistence ;)

On 29/12/2018 at 2:52 AM, Kattemageren said:

Example:

Let us say, I want to change the reputation gain to 1 per second. I have made the file "fn_WLReputation.sqf" in the missions folder and modified it as such:

IS_manLost = FALSE;

while {TRUE} do {
	_t = time + 1;
	waitUntil {time > _t || BIS_manLost};
	if (BIS_manLost) then {
		BIS_manLost = FALSE;
		if (BIS_WL_matesAvailable > 0) then {
			BIS_WL_matesAvailable = BIS_WL_matesAvailable - 1;
		};
	} else {
		if (BIS_WL_matesAvailable < 9) then {
			BIS_WL_matesAvailable = BIS_WL_matesAvailable + 1;
		};
	};

How do I have the mission refer to my modified sqf file, rather than the mod file in the Warlords mod folder?

Just try it in init.sqf. You have to create it if not already present in mission folder (where the mission.sqm is).

(regardless of your script behavior. Not sure how it works).

Hi Jezuro,

Is it possible that you create a params server who let the admin choose the maximum number of AI that a player can purchase?

My team and I think that we can't modify the "9" value because it is included in a module.

It is for have less units on the map, like Altis, to lower the server load.

For example :

BIS_manLost = FALSE;

while {TRUE} do {
    _t = time + 120;
    if (BIS_manLost) then {
        BIS_manLost = FALSE;
        };
    } else {
    ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
        if (BIS_WL_matesAvailable < paramsArray select x) then {
        };
    };
};

It's on the to-do list.

• Like 1

Thank you for the answer, would it be possible to also have in the parameters, the separate time acceleration between night and day. Happy New Year ;)

why is it opfor have access to viper and blufor dont have access to CRTG? its a bit OP 

Also i logged in as admin on an official server hoping to change some parameters, however i was only able to change 1 setting which was view distance. 
id reccomend adding a viewdistance script into the warlords alltogether..

Like this one. 
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19751

just put this into description.ext 

#include "taw_vd\GUI.h"
class CfgFunctions
{
	#include "taw_vd\CfgFunctions.hpp"
};

14 hours ago, Crazy_Man said:

Hi Jezuro,

Is it possible that you create a params server who let the admin choose the maximum number of AI that a player can purchase?

My team and I think that we can't modify the "9" value because it is included in a module.

It is for have less units on the map, like Altis, to lower the server load.

For example :

BIS_manLost = FALSE;

while {TRUE} do {
    _t = time + 120;
    if (BIS_manLost) then {
        BIS_manLost = FALSE;
        };
    } else {
        if (BIS_WL_matesAvailable < paramsArray select x) then {
        };
    };
};

Maybe im wrong but the AI in player squad should not be an issue for the server load cause they are calculated by the client, on a 10 vs 10 that run pretty good, if all the empty vehicle or dead object are deleted frequently.

Reduce the AI/group will change nothing if more than 20 parachute are simulated for a whole game, with 32 player there is reinforcement request all the time, and its not a joke parachute are a performance killer in Arma.

Im sure of this :

-Make an expensive parachute request (counted as everywhere), add the possibility to spawn AI and vehicle in the owned/noncontested sector, to reduce parachute simulation, that will increase performance and fix issue for the plane (modded plane or map)

-Add the possibility to the admin to launch a manual cleaning (for every dead object, weaponholder, corpse and empty vehicle) with a warning message and a 60s timer like this the player will be aware of the cleaning and wait before order new vehicle.

There is few empty Official server maybe it can be a good idea to run an experimental version on a stable branch ?

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 5:59 PM, pierremgi said:

Just try it in init.sqf. You have to create it if not already present in mission folder (where the mission.sqm is).

(regardless of your script behavior. Not sure how it works).

Thanks for the reply. It did not work unfortunately.

13 hours ago, Kattemageren said:

Thanks for the reply. It did not work unfortunately.

This works for me (tested in initplayerLocal.sqf):

Spoiler

waitUntil {!isnil "BIS_manLost"};
BIS_manLost = FALSE;

while {TRUE} do {
  _t = time + 1;
  if (BIS_manLost) then {
    BIS_manLost = FALSE;
    };
  } else {
    };
  };
};

As far as your timer is faster than the previous one, there is no reason to fail.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pierremgi said:

This works for me (tested in initplayerLocal.sqf):

Hide contents

IS_manLost = FALSE;

while {TRUE} do {
  _t = time + 1;
  if (BIS_manLost) then {
    BIS_manLost = FALSE;
    };
  } else {
    };
  };
};

As far as your timer is faster than the previous one, there is no reason to fail.

I appreciate your replies a lot.

It works in the initplayerLocal.sqf. However, there seems to be a lot of information, which I don't really grasp.

How did you know to put it in the initplayerLocal.sqf instead of init.sqf? Where is the best place to go if I want to learn and understand this sort of thing myself?

There also seems to be a slight difference in your code, versus the code in the original file:

Yours:

IS_manLost = FALSE;

The original:

BIS_manLost = FALSE;

How did you know to change that piece of code?

typo. Read BIS_manLost.

InitPlayerLocal concerns all players. init.sqf concerns also the server (dedicated runs also the code).

This code is supposed to work locally (on each client/hosted). That doesn't make a great difference but on dedicated you could wait for a while the BIS_manLost = true (probably occurring when the player looses a mate, so never on dedicated).

I'm having two issues:

1. AI spawning in sectors right in front of players. OPFOR will plain just pop in right in front of your eyes and I haven't been able to figure out a common factor in it.

2. Helicopters landing in stupid spots. I'm playing a custom version of the larger Tanoa mission, I simply replaced vanilla BLU and OPF units with ctrl+f in the .sqm and edited the description.ext to include RHS units. When I order a helicopter while holding the airfield (the helicopters are set to require an airfield to purchase), it tries to land in a street or a clearing in the jungle, never one of the nice open places of the airfield. Is there any way I can set a landing location?

Thanks!

edit: I thought of a solution for #2 right after posting. I put helipads down on some open concrete at the airfield and the helicopters went right for them in testing. Seems like something that should be in the mission by default?

2 hours ago, narrowsoul said:

AI spawning in sectors right in front of players. OPFOR will plain just pop in right in front of your eyes and I haven't been able to figure out a common factor in it.

Could they be fast travelling there?

1 hour ago, Jezuro said:

Could they be fast travelling there?

No after a moment the playable AI respawn on their corpse, just got this today, i kill him more than 5 times (just respawn in front of me), and finally respawn at base.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

That could be great if, playing with several factions by side, the players could spawn the units (and vehicles) from their faction. At this time it's weird to have a Bundeswehr or BAF player, spawning some units from the common unique US faction. It's possible to make a looong list of all possible units , but it's not handy to say the less and AI leaders don't care with that.

CfgWLFactionAssets specific to the leader caller (along with his faction)?

Individual asset lists would require a pretty major changes in the code, but I will at least take a look at it and see if it could be done.

• Like 2