23 hours ago, jandrews said:

class CfgWLRequisitionPresets

{

class MyWLAssetList // --- class name used in the Init module

{

class EAST // --- assets available for OPFOR

{

class Infantry.....

So is it possible to filter which type of units and vehicles are available based on squad leader class name type?

So for example if I have two different squad leader types like:

O_Soldier_SL_F

O_SoldierU_SL_F

Let's say I want to place both units for player to choose one, but once in game I want their assets to be limited to specific type of squad leader chosen. If this is possible how do I set this up?

Lastly, I have some ideas about a game mode which involves one side being able to choose 1 of 2 types of SL and have specific types of assets to them with different costs and the other side having 3 different squad leaders to choose from with the same.  If possible it could add a different rpg type of play to this as well.

Bueller?  Bueller? ... ......  bueller?

Anyone know if I can filter what players can spawn based on sl classname?

From my experience playing this gamemode for hours, I think you need to find a way to implement Armed UAVs, Artillery, and armed Blackfish/Xi'An because they are some of the coolest aspects of ArmA3. It seems a damn shame to have such cool assets not being used in this gamemode. Implement as much of the content you created as possible so it actually gets used in combat.

Consider offsetting their power by:

• A very high cost = the other side will be pressed to destroy them with their jets for example, and the owning side will be pressed to defend these expensive assets.
  • Limit their number.
  • Limit their time of usage or frequency of buying.

This would very cool if implemented. Please consider it, thank you.

2 hours ago, Marius_ArmA3 said:

From my experience playing this gamemode for hours, I think you need to find a way to implement Armed UAVs, Artillery, and armed Blackfish/Xi'An because they are some of the coolest aspects of ArmA3. It seems a damn shame to have such cool assets not being used in this gamemode. Implement as much of the content you created as possible so it actually gets used in combat.

Consider offsetting their power by:

• A very high cost = the other side will be pressed to destroy them with their jets for example, and the owning side will be pressed to defend these expensive assets.
  • Limit their number.
  • Limit their time of usage or frequency of buying.

This would very cool if implemented. Please consider it, thank you.

You can.  Just make your own asset list.  See the wiki page and edit / add those in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jandrews said:

You can.  Just make your own asset list.  See the wiki page and edit / add those in.

Yes, I'm aware of the customization possibilities. I was referring to the public, official version on the official servers.

hello again

ok so iv been playing this for a bit now and I think this is a great gamemode and I even got my brother into it but I got a few complaints/requests/questions.

Firstly is their anyway to make the ai on blufor and opfor team use planes and helicopters if not can you make them it would be fun to have dogfights.

secondly when you call in infantry vehicles helicopters and planes its cool how it all gets paradropped in but its very buggy, on modded maps and modded vehicles, just bug out when they land so I think its a good idea to add in an option to disable this and reinforcements just spawn in front of you planes take forever to land and stop far away from you so pretty much like Arma 2 cti where vehicles just spawn in the base on the ground.E.G. planes just crash everytime they touch down on the runway vehicles glitch in the ground or just flip upside down.

Thirdly what do I do to increase the infantry garrison in sectors?

there is nothing else really I think this gamemode is perfect keep up the good work

How do the vehicles bug out when they land?

Garrison size is automatically calculated based on sector size.

3 hours ago, Jezuro said:

Garrison size is automatically calculated based on sector size.

@Jezuro is there any chance in the future you could make the Garrison function more customizable? So that mission maker's can for example choose how many units will garrison a specific sector? Or specify what type of units will garrison that sector? Like how with the old Site Module's one can choose if that site will be a "Base" or a "Outpost", which alters the type and amount of units to spawn!

Also, is there any chance you can make the Garrison script into a Stand-alone Module that could be used independently of the other Warlords Module's? Or update the old faulty Site Module's to the standards of your outstanding custom Warlords Module's? After all...you are a god of mission/mode making, so i was hoping for a Christmas miracle ;)

Is there any way to enable AI all time? Some people keep trying to turn off AI.

13 hours ago, 55russ said:

Hi

after the last update fix error appeared

Are you sure this started happening after the update? This code was not changed at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

Are you sure this started happening after the update? This code was not changed at all.

Apparently I was wrong, probably this error was before ((

Will there be solutions to this problem?

If the faction class is correct it should work as long as there are some groups in that faction configured without vehicles.

• Like 1

Ok so when the vehicles land on the ground it just glitches in the ground with half of the vehicle popping out of the ground you can't get it out this happens on modded maps but not on vanilla I think.

also, it annoying to wait for it to come to the ground and the enemy can see what you're getting so I personally think that vehicles should just spawn strait on the ground and yes I know some people may disagree but at least make it toggable.

for planes modded one just crash when they land and the iron front planes spawn 20M above the ground and crash straight into the ground right after they spawn and if you manage to get a plane to land which takes the ai forever to do they stop far away and you have to run to it.

Iv realized the bigger the size of the sector the more resistance but it makes it a bit difficult for smaller maps and even on large scales it still feels a bit to easy to take towns so maybe a scaler or something like that for town resistance.

Jezuro, first I like tonsay I really love this gamemode.

I was wondering if it is possible to have a certain class only buyable by human players? For instance tank crewmen or pilots. I can make them buyable but then I get AI squads made up of tankcrewmen.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Finally, here is a modded CUP scenario for Warlord.

I added some parameters (revive system,civilian, loots...)
All is fine playing in MP solo or PvP.

One thing to be improved: Aircraft are spawning in air. That's not CUP (and many other mods) compatible. They are falling into the ground. Causes can be: lack of crew or lack of velocity (when manned). Anyway, there is nothing to do with them. Removed at this time.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, pierremgi said:

They are falling into the ground. Causes can be: lack of crew or lack of velocity (when manned).

The unit class that is spawned in as the crew is taken from the vehicle config, property typicalCargo. If this is not set up properly in the config it can cause problems. I will add a failsafe for the next update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jezuro said:

The unit class that is spawned in as the crew is taken from the vehicle config, property typicalCargo. If this is not set up properly in the config it can cause problems. I will add a failsafe for the next update.

Is it possible to place different sl class names in editor and then specify / filter in myassetlist what each sl classname has available to spawn? For example, you have an Infantry sl, a paradrop sl and each has their own asset pros and cons.  For example the para drop sl can only drop in to a sector under contention and with only para troopers, however the infantry sl can spawn in support and normal units but only in areas under control.

It would also be nice to have an option of having ai units you purchase to be EITHER para dropped OR spawn on the ground with a radius.  

14 hours ago, Jezuro said:

Not sure crew is the issue (at least with IFA3's aircraft).  At least one of them (the Stuka) can pull out of the drop/dive before it hits the ground -- and it will land eventually.  Most others cannot, and end up somewhere between a nose-dive and belly-flop into the ground.  It seems more like an initial velocity issue (as in, they seem to get none -- again, at least for IFA3's aircraft).  Maybe if the initial spawn altitude were increased a tad it would act as a simple workaround?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, funkjr said:

Not sure crew is the issue (at least with IFA3's aircraft).  At least one of them (the Stuka) can pull out of the drop/dive before it hits the ground -- and it will land eventually.  Most others cannot, and end up somewhere between a nose-dive and belly-flop into the ground.  It seems more like an initial velocity issue (as in, they seem to get none -- again, at least for IFA3's aircraft).  Maybe if the initial spawn altitude were increased a tad it would act as a simple workaround?

There is a workaround for any plane:

0 = [] spawn {

while {true} do {

{

if (local _x) then {
        if (count crew _x == 0) then {createVehicleCrew _x};

_x setVelocityModelSpace [0,150,0];

_x setVariable ["pushed",true]

}

} forEach (vehicles select {_x isKindOf "plane" and isNil {_x getVariable "pushed"}});

uisleep 0.5

}

};

Of course, that could be far better if the planes could be  treated just after spawning, in Jezuro code.

On 12/23/2018 at 7:42 AM, Jezuro said:

I've followed the guide to the letter, and I still got what looks like the same error:  

while {_funds >= _cost && _cnt < (4 - count units _this)}>
13:43:25   Error position: <_cost && _cnt < (4 - count units _this)}>
13:43:25   Error Undefined variable in expression: _cost
13:43:30 Error in expression <purchasableUnits # _i;
_cost = _cost + (_bought # 1);
if (_funds >= _cost) then >
13:43:30   Error position: <_bought # 1);
if (_funds >= _cost) then >
13:43:30   Error Undefined variable in expression: _bought
13:43:30 Error in expression <tFinal = 0;
_cnt = 0;

Even when I copied the tutorial into the description without changing anything.

Edited by Kattemageren

How do I make the mod read my modified sqf files, instead of those in the mod?

Example:

Let us say, I want to change the reputation gain to 1 per second. I have made the file "fn_WLReputation.sqf" in the missions folder and modified it as such:

IS_manLost = FALSE;

while {TRUE} do {
	_t = time + 1;
	waitUntil {time > _t || BIS_manLost};
	if (BIS_manLost) then {
		BIS_manLost = FALSE;
		if (BIS_WL_matesAvailable > 0) then {
			BIS_WL_matesAvailable = BIS_WL_matesAvailable - 1;
		};
	} else {
		if (BIS_WL_matesAvailable < 9) then {
			BIS_WL_matesAvailable = BIS_WL_matesAvailable + 1;
		};
	};

How do I have the mission refer to my modified sqf file, rather than the mod file in the Warlords mod folder?

Do the planes crash on official maps as well? I need to find out if it's a plane issue or a runway issue. A video would help.

28 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

Do the planes crash on official maps as well? I need to find out if it's a plane issue or a runway issue. A video would help.

In Unsung mod we had the problem of crashing planes on BI support module missions until we made them simulation airplaneX With simulation airplane they'd just drop out of the sky. Maybe worth checking.