Not possible at this moment unfortunately, Anders.

5 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

Not possible at this moment unfortunately, Anders.

Is it possible as a future update? since complex maps kinda overlap alot. both an option to disable warning zones or shrink them alot would be nice! and maybe the fast travel spawn point! would massively improve more complex mission making! :)

• Like 2

Border width is no problem to implement, however the fast travel location is relative to the starting position, so I guess dedicated modules would be required to override default calculations. I suppose it can be implemented though.

Hello, I'm trying to make in simple warlords mission. whenever I try to enter an independent sector, on route to enemy base, I have a warning:
UNTHORIZED ZONE - TURN BACK OR BE KILLED (and I'm dying if I persist).

SP preview. Sector is the selected one.

I missed something but how can I conquer a sector if I can't penetrate into it?

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

Hello, I'm trying to make in simple warlords mission. whenever I try to enter an independent sector, on route to enemy base, I have a warning:
UNTHORIZED ZONE - TURN BACK OR BE KILLED (and I'm dying if I persist).

SP preview. Sector is the selected one.

I missed something but how can I conquer a sector if I can't penetrate into it?

Thats not work on Single Player, do a preview on Multi player

• Thanks 2

Questions.

1. Has anyone set this up using players coop vs 2 ai factions? If so does the ai only defend or attack sectors too?

2.  Since the independent  side only spawns ai and not vehicles ( other then pre placed in editor) (( needs to be changed )). Is any one using other scripts to spawn in vehicles?

More to come and thanks.

5 minutes ago, jandrews said:

Questions.

1. Has anyone set this up using players coop vs 2 ai factions? If so does the ai only defend or attack sectors too?

2.  Since the independent  side only spawns ai and not vehicles ( other then pre placed in editor) (( needs to be changed )). Is any one using other scripts to spawn in vehicles?

More to come and thanks.

Yes im using AI spawn script pack to spawn random aircraft patrol.

4 hours ago, damsous said:

Yes im using AI spawn script pack to spawn random aircraft patrol.

Yeah that is a great script pack.  Do you spawn any ground vehicles in independent zones or sync in editor?

Also is it pvp or coop?  Wondering how having players vs ai vs ai would turn out.  Does one faction attack or do they both just defend?

AI defends. Players attack. BLUFOR v OPFOR v INDEPENDENT, where INDEPENDENT are AI defending the sectors. Though I believe both team's (BLU/OPF) AI attack sectors as well.

1 hour ago, jandrews said:

Yeah that is a great script pack.  Do you spawn any ground vehicles in independent zones or sync in editor?

Also is it pvp or coop?  Wondering how having players vs ai vs ai would turn out.  Does one faction attack or do they both just defend?

No just aircraft, but i really like warlord for PvP but its not really interesting to make a coop, cause the AI enemy faction will spam the same sector for the whole game if he's not able to take it. Or maybe assign a player to log sometimes in enemy faction to update the activated sector.

Maybe it can be interesting to increase the power of the Independent faction with a script that spawn AI, reinforcement.... and make a coop against the independent faction, with only 1 playable (opfor) that will just defend is own base.

1 hour ago, HazJ said:

Though I believe both team's (BLU/OPF) AI attack sectors as well.

They do, most of my time in Warlords is with just AI in fact.

How about using an ai mod kike asr or vcomai?  What needs to be turned of in order to get the flanking and more difficult settings from those but not mess with the pathways to sectors?  I know lowering the reinforcement call distance always helped.  

A suggestion  to the game mode devs. For ai areas it would be nice to actually have ai doing more then just patrol the areas.  How about they defend static positions and garrison bbuildings.  And the way you have vehicles set up seems cheap and not well thoughout.  There should be something set up in the module to add vehicles option and even run a third party script for that ai.  You basically have a shell and now you need to add more options.  May be post some polls to see what players want but this mode definitely seems incomplete.  

It seems to me, when you buy some units + vehicle, you create you group but, once in vehicle these guys follow the plan (next sector) whatever you order them. So:

- they should be in your group,

- you should order them some actions. That's the basic in Arma as in any army of the world.

When I say "they follow the plan", I'm kind. I saw some of them in wrong neighbor sector, without death sentence (AI's privilege!).

1 hour ago, pierremgi said:

It seems to me, when you buy some units + vehicle, you create you group but, once in vehicle these guys follow the plan (next sector) whatever you order them. So:

- they should be in your group,

- you should order them some actions. That's the basic in Arma as in any army of the world.

When I say "they follow the plan", I'm kind. I saw some of them in wrong neighbor sector, without death sentence (AI's privilege!).

Are you using an ai script like vcomai.  I have been on servers with vcomai and it breaks the waypoints.  

1 hour ago, jandrews said:

Are you using an ai script like vcomai.  I have been on servers with vcomai and it breaks the waypoints.  

No, just warlords modules and CUP units (but I fail to drop anything else than Arma vanilla ones).

And JSRS sound mod but I don't think it's the problem.

@Jezuro  Sorry, I've got an error:

Error in expression <((_cheapest # 1) + _dropCost)  && count _groupVehs < 1>
17:33:09   Error position: <_groupVehs < 1>
17:33:09   Error Undefined variable in expression: _groupvehs

Very repetitive, appearing at the second part of the mission.

My playable unit can respawn. No other thing on my mind.

Could you make a little tuto on how spawning BLUE and RED modded. BLU and RED vehicles + units are CfgWLRequisitionPresets

So, how to spawn CUP units/vehicles for example? Who decides the cost?

Thanks

class CfgWLRequisitionPresets

{

class MyWLAssetList // --- class name used in the Init module

{

class EAST // --- assets available for OPFOR

{

class Infantry.....

So is it possible to filter which type of units and vehicles are available based on squad leader class name type?

So for example if I have two different squad leader types like:

O_Soldier_SL_F

O_SoldierU_SL_F

Let's say I want to place both units for player to choose one, but once in game I want their assets to be limited to specific type of squad leader chosen. If this is possible how do I set this up?

Lastly, I have some ideas about a game mode which involves one side being able to choose 1 of 2 types of SL and have specific types of assets to them with different costs and the other side having 3 different squad leaders to choose from with the same.  If possible it could add a different rpg type of play to this as well.

Hello, im trying to put the following script in a WL custom mission to set a mark in a dead player; but I need to make it disappear after X second or  maybe  reach the body.

player addMPEventhandler ["mpkilled",{

_me = _this select 0;
            _myName = name _me;
            _him = _this select 1;
            _hisName = name _him;
            _meters = _me distance _him;

_markerstr = createMarkerLocal [_myName, position _me];
            _markerstr setMarkerShape "ICON";
            _markerstr setMarkerColor "ColorBlack";
            _markerstr setMarkerSize [0.8,0.8];
            _markerstr setMarkerAlpha 0.7;
            _markerstr setMarkerType "KIA"; //https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/cfgMarkers

}];

18 minutes ago, Markkos26 said:

Hello, im trying to put the following script in a WL custom mission to set a mark in a dead player; but I need to make it disappear after X second or  maybe  reach the body.

player addMPEventhandler ["mpkilled",{

_me = _this select 0;
            _myName = name _me;
            _him = _this select 1;
            _hisName = name _him;
            _meters = _me distance _him;

_markerstr = createMarkerLocal [_myName, position _me];
            _markerstr setMarkerShape "ICON";
            _markerstr setMarkerColor "ColorBlack";
            _markerstr setMarkerSize [0.8,0.8];
            _markerstr setMarkerAlpha 0.7;
            _markerstr setMarkerType "KIA"; //https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/cfgMarkers

}];

I'm relatively new to scripting my self so I can't guarantee any advice I give to particularly good, but for for delayed removal you could do something along the lines of:

[_markerstr] spawn {
	sleep 180;
	deleteMarker _this select 0;
};

I don't know know if event handler expressions are run scheduled, but I assume not.

I'd also add that since MP Event handlers execute their code on every machine according to the BIKI, you'll probably want to create the markers locally or add an !isServer condition to prevent duplicate markers.

19 minutes ago, target_practice said:

I'm relatively new to scripting my self so I can't guarantee any advice I give to particularly good, but for for delayed removal you could do something along the lines of:

[_markerstr] spawn {
	sleep 180;
	deleteMarker _this select 0;
};

I don't know know if event handler expressions are run scheduled, but I assume not.

I'd also add that since MP Event handlers execute their code on every machine according to the BIKI, you'll probably want to create the markers locally or add an !isServer condition to prevent duplicate markers.

You were very close! but something go wrong at this line :  deleteMarker  _this select 0;  I've changed to  deleteMarkerLocal _this select 0; but nothing changes.

13 minutes ago, Markkos26 said:

You were very close! but something go wrong at this line :  deleteMarker  _this select 0;  I've changed to  deleteMarkerLocal _this select 0; but nothing changes.

What error do you get?

1 minute ago, target_practice said:

What error do you get?

Sorry man, finally we made it, I only put the ():

[_markerstr] spawn {
    sleep 20;
    deleteMarkerLocal (_this select 0);

};

That works perfectly! Thanks a lot!