39 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

BIS_fnc_arsenal_data

Arsenal seems to be bugged, i cant load saved loadouts. How can i fix it?  Im not using mods...

A way to "personalize" armoured vehicles with camo netting and cage armour inside the mission would be much appreciated. 

The fast travel spawn points when attacking an area always seem to be the same, after a few weeks player know where to look for spawning foes, sometimes even just park an AI MBT there.

The spawn points should be much more random.

There is still the issue with the exploit of Titan ATGM vehicles and the Ammo truck.

If you park next to it you have neither a reload tiime for the Titan nor will you ever run out of ammunition, I have seen ripple fire of 20 TItans and more that way first hand.

Fast travel spawn location is relative to the initial location, so if you want to spawn somewhere else you can fast travel from various different sectors. This is why having a solid network of sectors pays off.

While the Rhino situation might come off as an exploit,  it's just how it works in sandbox. Other than removing Rhino from the asset list completely, nerfing already arguably weaker BLUFOR hardware by doing so, there is nothing to be done I am afraid.

• Like 1

I hope you don't mind me asking but how did you implement the player map markers in warlords?

Looking at your functions it seems you've done so by using group icons, and I've been trying to implement similar tracking system with the same method in my own scripts.

I'm just confused by the locality of them, as in my testing the commands associated with them seem to be local, but in your scripts you seem to have created all of them on each client.

Does it have anything to do with you creating the markers on attached gamelogics (that's what it looks like you're doing anyway) or is because of some of the variables being broadcast (eg. "BIS_WL_playerTracked")?

So what's this for then?

_trackerGrp addGroupIcon ["selector_selectable", [0,0]];
_trackerGrp setVariable ["BIS_WL_dangerState", ""];
_trackerGrp setGroupIconParams [[0,0.8,0,1], "", 2.5, FALSE];

Probably just something left in from previous iterations.

• Thanks 2

been looking for a way to make set the fast travel teleport location. is there a way to do that within the Eden editor? Also the border of warning zone on each sector is there a way to make them scale or just overall alot smaller

Edited by AndersWithTheCat

Has anyone tried ai mods since the recent update?  Vcomai and asr have been really good however I know waypoints can be screwy. 

How about a revive script like psychos? Where the ai can heal players?

Am curious  to know if they screw the ai waypoints still?

Is this game mode pvevp? Can it be set up for only pve.  Like players vs two ai factions?

18 hours ago, Jezuro said:

While the Rhino situation might come off as an exploit,  it's just how it works in sandbox. Other than removing Rhino from the asset list completely, nerfing already arguably weaker BLUFOR hardware by doing so, there is nothing to be done I am afraid.

It is not only a Rhino issue. The AAF Gorgon is also affected and since capturing vehicles is becoming "sport"  right from the start it happens often that those are used in conjunction with the titan top attack mode as a makeshift rocket artillery.

I was brainstorming ways of making rhino spamming laser guided rounds as artillery less overpowering. I think adding a cost in CP for each reload at an ammo truck based on the ammo you are replacing could be a solution. eg: coax gun ammo could be around 50 CP for a full reload and the rhino LG rounds could be around 500 CP with a range between the two for other ammo types. this would allow all the current vehicle assets to remain in the game unchanged but add a cost to prolonged use of them which would require players to strategize use of ordnance rather than pump and dump and spam. 

Rearming is a sandbox feature; as such, Warlords is utilizing it as it is.

Rather than trying to punish or limit every single one of these "exploits" as they come and go, I think it's better to think of some ways to counter them during the match.

• Like 1

Next thing you know you can't move on the airfield because everyone orders a new ammo truck every 10 minutes to rearm their jets and choppers.

• Haha 2

Cleanup? No point having an ammo truck if it doesn't serve its purpose. Or have it so they have to take that ammo truck back to base for cargo to be replenished. Cannot buy more than 1 ammo truck.

You could still use it for transport. And having a single asset from the whole list having this number of restrictions is an extremely inconsistent implementation.

Not to mention mods...

Edited by Jezuro

So what happens when the default ammo cargo runs out? Use it for 2 man transport or leave it? If they order more, you still have the same problem with too many ammo trucks? The replenish feature is pretty ideal in combination with an order limit per player I think?

28 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

You could still use it for transport. And having a single asset from the whole list having this number of restrictions is an extremely inconsistent implementation.

Not to mention mods...

No, I never meant to remove anything, but to have a look into the games handling of Wheeled Vehicles with ATGMS, sice thats the only class affected.

45 minutes ago, HazJ said:

So what happens when the default ammo cargo runs out? Use it for 2 man transport or leave it? If they order more, you still have the same problem with too many ammo trucks? The replenish feature is pretty ideal in combination with an order limit per player I think?

Or maybe desactivate artillery computer its the most simple thing to do, like this you can't spam precise strike, that require adjustement....

That would ruin a lot of fun.

No that increase team play, its a personnal opinion, with a player as spotter its easy to adjust, and that give a chance for the enemy to take cover.

I think your suggestion should be a mission parameter.

Can we not try to nerf things like the Rhino? BLUFOR needs to be able to have something to counter CSAT Ankara spam; not to mention that CSAT fast air has a field day blowing up NATO hardware, especially on Altis, so they can't be around for long anyway.

On 19/12/2018 at 2:23 PM, AndersWithTheCat said:

been looking for a way to make set the fast travel teleport location. is there a way to do that within the Eden editor? Also the border of warning zone on each sector is there a way to make them scale or just overall alot smaller

Could someone help me on this? Also im talking about the warning border not the size of the siezing zone