As mentioned on discord: A Warlords-specific teamkilling penalty system will make it in the game in the next update along with a way to prevent massive asset airdrops.

• Like 6

Hello, im editting a warlord mission and i want to put bots with some animation sequences looping at the base. I found this script:

[]spawn {
    while {true} do { 
        _unit= bot1;
        _moves = ["Acts_JetsCrewaidR_idle", "Acts_JetsCrewaidRCrouch_in_m", "Acts_JetsCrewaidRCrouchThumbup_in_m", "Acts_JetsCrewaidRCrouchThumbup_loop_m", "Acts_JetsCrewaidRCrouchThumbup_out_m", ]; 
        _playMove = selectRandom _moves; 
        _unit switchMove _playMove; 
        _unit disableAI "ANIM";
        sleep (random 5 +10);
    };
};

but i want to run the animations in order not randomly. Can you help me?

2 hours ago, Jezuro said:

As mentioned on discord: A Warlords-specific teamkilling penalty system will make it in the game in the next update along with a way to prevent massive asset airdrops.

It can be cool too to add a setting to disable vehicle drop on player position, only in controled sector to avoid paradrop spam on a contested sector.

• Like 1

On 12/9/2018 at 3:19 PM, damsous said:

I have tried with Vcom, but this AI mod delete AI waypoint, i give one try with Vcom i just changed this setting "VCM_ADVANCEDMOVEMENT = false;" to disable waypoint generation.

I think its better to use it only for Green side or disable Vcom in the init field of the playable AI.

ok. so you need to disable VCOMAI waypoint generation? dam that sucks. isnt that what has them do flanking movements and taking cover? the default ai suck ass. too easy

Also. can you set this up for player vs AI vs AI? So you have two factions of AI fighting each other and player side for sectors? that would be more dynamic too.

I am having UI issues. some bugs for sure. but far nonetheless. nice that is supports mods too. Great job. 

How can i fix my mission? when the units teleport to the selected town they spawns on the water.

pQ7dNZQ.png

3 hours ago, jandrews said:

ok. so you need to disable VCOMAI waypoint generation? dam that sucks. isnt that what has them do flanking movements and taking cover? the default ai suck ass. too easy

No i didn't try with waypoint generation, i disabled this feature, maybe its work... i think its an other setting like flanking or unit called for help that delete the waypoint.

I give few try with only human vs AI + Vcom

On a map with a lot of sector and many possibility to reach the enemy base the AI just doing shit, the path between each base must be very simple.

I have made 10 Opfor AI group(5 group with Vcom desactivated to avoid too much issue) and its not really nice if each side start with 0 sector, the enemy AI is to long to take sector and its too easy, but all the other feature of Vcom work the AI suppress lay mine, arty... sometimes there good firefight, you must disable the setting for vehicle stealing cause the AI get in every vehicle and its not good, or maybe try with max CP at mission start (didn't try).

The most interesting thing its to make a little mission 10 sector max at 25 cp each, without extra path, no indep (25% of the sector for the player and 75% for the enemy), cause if you put too much sector the AI spam a lot of tank on the same sector and its not funny (like he drop 1 tank every minute), for exemple a defender player will shoot paradroped tank for the whole session on the same sector.

I recommend to use a usermade script for enemy ambient AI aircraft, cause i never see an AI with an aircraft for the moment.

If you want to test quickly just load Vcom in your mod list and try the mission on Stratis (25% friendly sector/75%  enemy sector) that should be not bad.

Also avoid sector separated by a rocky mountain cause when the AI switch in combat mode they stay forever in combat and stuck in the mountain, got this issue on Malden, 5 group was stuck in the mountain, but thats not an issue mission side its the arma AI ;)

Hello I am trying to create a custom asset list and I copy and paste it into my mission file and I followed the instructions on the how to create your own WL mission on the official wiki page

every time I open up the saved missions UI I get an error message    Mission.sqm, line 0 'Description' encountered instead of '='

please help I can't find a solution online

I think this is how you do it if it's not then please help me  https://pastebin.com/Px5jdMcj

Please read the instructions carefully. You need to create a separate file called description.ext in the scenario folder. Also, you're missing the asset definitions for OPFOR. You're not supposed to just copypaste the file as it is, you need to fill it with your data.

1 hour ago, ELITEgamer60038 said:

I was just using it as an example and I think I know what you're talking about now thanks il give an update if I get it

look on Page 25 for the default asset list (might be 26 cant remember)

I was using that earlier but it didn't work so I made my own one but it still does not work

I'm trying to figure out why

I'm doing something wrong I'm pretty sure

Quick question, atm i am setting up a server. 

Intel xeon E5520 2.7ghz + 32gigs of ram and Windows server 2019.

If i use it as a dedicated server for arma, will i be able to host 64 players? 

Only one way to find out I guess, maybe @Dwarden would be able to tell you the configuration that has been used for the 40v40 event.

• Like 1

ok i dont know  I can't get it to work for me I read the wiki carefully and used other peoples assets even the one provided on page 26 and I created my own one but I can't get it to work

but i dont know what to do at this point but for now il just stick to vanilla assets

warlords is pretty good in my opinion so keep up the good work

23 minutes ago, ELITEgamer60038 said:

ok i dont know  I can't get it to work for me I read the wiki carefully and used other peoples assets even the one provided on page 26 and I created my own one but I can't get it to work

but i dont know what to do at this point but for now il just stick to vanilla assets

warlords is pretty good in my opinion so keep up the good work

Where exactly are you putting the asset list code?

18 hours ago, damsous said:

Sadly there is no solution for stupid people if they rage or are bored  they will prefer to destroy a game session rather than change game,  server or take a breack...

There are many functions missing in this mission which can be copied from other existing A2/A3 missions (and even OFPand A1..).

e.g.

- check of maximum objects per type (per time unit) (per side) (per player) before really spawn it into the virtual world

- kill protection zones

- team kill protection

They are on their way.

4 hours ago, The Man Without Qualities said:

There are many functions missing in this mission which can be copied from other existing A2/A3 missions (and even OFPand A1..).

e.g.

- check of maximum objects per type (per time unit) (per side) (per player) before really spawn it into the virtual world

- kill protection zones

- team kill protection

Yeah i know, but a troll will always find something to destroy a game, and all this protection script running reduce performance cause that check all the time if nothing is wrong.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, target_practice said:

Where exactly are you putting the asset list code?

I guess he's having the same problem as me. Pasting a custom asset list into description.ext, putting that in the mission folder, and then linking it in the Warlords Init module just gets me an error when the round starts. The custom asset list is either the one you posted in this thread, or a very simple test one, neither works for me.

I gave up and downloaded a mod from the workshop that lets me use asset list 'RHS' and that works great and I can play my custom warlords maps with RHS assets.

Can you send me the scenario with the description.ext containing your asset list so we can see what's wrong?

13 minutes ago, Jezuro said:

Can you send me the scenario with the description.ext containing your asset list so we can see what's wrong?

Sure thing man, when I get home. Btw, thanks Jezuro for making Warlords such a good single player experience. I've been having some really close & brutal games against the AI.

Not possible without some scripting currently.

Is this still working? I cant make it run...

On 28/12/2015 at 12:25 PM, gobi42 said:

class Gear_custom
            {
                class myBox1 // --- can be anything, NOT an existing CfgVehicles classname though!
                {
                    cost = 500;
                    requirements[]={};
                    template = "Box_NATO_WpsSpecial_F"; // --- existing ammobox classname (its model will be spawned)
                    displayName = "Test Box #1"; // --- name appearing in UI
                    clear = 1; // --- set to 0 if you want to keep the gear contained in the template crate
                    weapons[] = {
                        {"arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F", 1} // --- [classname, amount]
                    };
                    magazines[] = {
                        {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", 1}
                    };
                    items[] = {
                        {"FirstAidKit", 1}
                    };
                    backpacks[] = {
                        {"B_AssaultPack_rgr_Medic", 1}
                    };
                };
            };

Nope. There have been some issues with the implementation so the support was discontinued.

• Sad 1