Last I checked warlords has had a save function for quite some time now, so you shouldn't have any issue in that regard.

Unless its been removed of course.

Just now, target_practice said:

Last I checked warlords has had a save function for quite some time now, so you shouldn't have any issue in that regard.

Unless its been removed of course.

I just tried it and it doesn't seem like there's a way to save in the current version.

On 20/11/2018 at 2:12 PM, Jezuro said:

Some work I've done today. The voting reset was a bit trickier than I initially imagined but I think I made it work in the end. Basically, all spawned assets remain in the play, only the zone restriction kicks in immediately, so you better hurry out of the sector before it kills you. Cooldown is set to 5 minutes after initial sector voting.

How does this work in multiplayer, does someone requesting this start a vote for everyone?

@Jezuro - Thanks for adding that suggestion I provided - Dismiss unit. Any plans/talk about the vehicle customisation? See a few posts back.

One thing I'm noticing is the severe lack of AT in the early game, a APC rolled into the first town and killed my only AT soldier and me and it was just respawn simulator after that trying to get to the town/find an AT launcher. The only way I could get an AT launcher is buy a crate or AT soldier and at 10CP a minute it wasn't happening. :(

Another issue is once you target the base no more zones can be captured, it's a do or die move. I really dislike this as mentioned in my more detailed post, there's no way to increase your income after that.

Edit: New strategy, spend initial CP on a box of launchers.

Edit2: Nevermind I just found out about the "last loadout" option.. Hahaha

• Haha 1

There is some weird behaviour going on with drops in general. Just before things land, the parachute is deleted (all fine) but then they are spawned up again and fall to their death (vehicles usually survive). Happens with vehicles sometimes too.

Never again will I try this!

• Haha 1

I can't say this has ever happened to me or anyone I've played with, but I suppose it can have something to do with your vehiclw colliding with the parachute.

No. This is not the only case. Just one stupid moment haha. It happens mostly with AI units (not always). I was playing on EU #03 server. Still hoping for that vehicle customisation implementation hehe. Great work all around though, the mode is coming along really nicely.

EDIT: Here is some further info which may or may not help:

EU #03 on Stratis (16 players)

After clearing Air Station Mike, I selected the Radar Station (towers) and enemy kept trying to re-take it back so they were soldiers running and para-dropping. Most landed successfully but rarely some fell to their death. Some vehicles drop then fall again (no damage dealt). Noticed with HEMMT Ammo / Repair. Maybe 1 in 100? Might just glitched out as mass dropping. As for the vehicle thing. It is very rare and I noticed it on uneven terrain.

8 hours ago, DarkDemise said:

Another issue is once you target the base no more zones can be captured, it's a do or die move.

This should be fixed by the implementation of sector voting reset which will make its way to the RC branch with the next update.

1 hour ago, HazJ said:

Most landed successfully but rarely some fell to their death.

I've changed position check of the paradrop to getPosATL, that should help I hope.

9 hours ago, HazJ said:

Any plans/talk about the vehicle customisation?

Not at the moment.

10 hours ago, target_practice said:

Is it possible for the rest of the team to vote to continue attacking the same sector?

If they vote for the same sector again, then yes.

• Like 4

So far have completed 4 of the different Warlords scenarios in singleplayer, some really good fun! My only concern is the gamemode is getting a bit "predictable" I guess is the word in singleplayer. Would be really interesting in my opinion if the AI made use of other vehicles other than tanks such as transports or even armed MRAPs to wreck havoc in the early game and maybe rarely some attack helicopters/jets. I don't think the AI will be able to play without fast travel is my concern and I was hoping to do a hardcore playthrough when it's fully released. I understand singleplayer is not the primary focus of the mode and it's fine if these things are too difficult to implement, I've been having a blast either way.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TameBreakablePlumPupper

Ok I noticed this happening a few times during the mission the enemy would just spawn in front of me. I could not for the life of me break through this area, opfor had it locked down no matter how many I killed.. I fixed this by setting fast travel to owned sectors only for a more realistic approach, the only problem is the AI don't use transports so players are OP at capturing fast. ;)

Also in my latest game I was able to simply drive into the enemy base with no resistance. Once again I think it had something to do with disabling fast travel.

Edit: Just played again and was able to rush to the enemy base with an HMG hunter and was basically invincible, won very easily. :/

Yeah the AI leaders will never be fully up to scratch when facing real players I'm afraid. The high-level strategic planning required for them to be at least somewhat capable of reasonable, fast decision-making is currently out of scope for this project.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, DarkDemise said:

https://clips.twitch.tv/TameBreakablePlumPupper

Ok I noticed this happening a few times during the mission the enemy would just spawn in front of me. I could not for the life of me break through this area, opfor had it locked down no matter how many I killed.. I fixed this by setting fast travel to owned sectors only for a more realistic approach, the only problem is the AI don't use transports so players are OP at capturing fast. ;)

Also in my latest game I was able to simply drive into the enemy base with no resistance. Once again I think it had something to do with disabling fast travel.

Edit: Just played again and was able to rush to the enemy base with an HMG hunter and was basically invincible, won very easily. :/

I too have noticed the issue with AI spawning in front of me. Happens usually when they own a sector or reinforcing rather. Annoying. Forgot to mention it when I last played.

Would adding a parameter to have spawned vehicles be data linked be a possibility? Or would you rather not have that sort of capability in warlords.

Also, can you make use of disableMapIndicators command as it revealed enemy that are near when you haven't saw them. Also, on Tanoa Opfor - You get 5.8 where as Blufor get MX 6.5... Any chance you can include Medic/Engineer roles in lobby or have some trait purchase system?

I don't think that matters too much, the 5.8 is still a good round. Opfor get the rifles with sniper rounds under them in one of the crates right?

Whoops quoted the wrong post.

Edited by DarkDemise

After due consideration, Arsenal and Last loadout availability is now limited to owned sectors only.

• Like 4

Please consider using this code when respawn  AI.
It will be more realistic.

WL: AI Core

if ({alive _x} count units _this > 1 && !(_base in [BIS_WL_currentSector_WEST,BIS_WL_currentSector_EAST])) then {
     _this setPos position ((units _this) select 1),deleteVehicle ((units _this) select 1);
};

or maybe

((units _this) select 1) setDamage 1;

We will not be afraid to kill the first commander of the team.
Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Kanas Kanas said:

Please consider using this code when respawn  AI.
It will be more realistic.

WL: AI Core

if ({alive _x} count units _this > 1 && !(_base in [BIS_WL_currentSector_WEST,BIS_WL_currentSector_EAST])) then {
     _this setPos position ((units _this) select 1),deleteVehicle ((units _this) select 1);
};

or maybe

((units _this) select 1) setDamage 1;

We will not be afraid to kill the first commander of the team.
Thank you.

lol. You got some errors and confused logic there.

I'm sorry, I can not speak English.
Example: AI team has two soldiers.
If the co-commander (AI) dies and the other is alive, the commander teleports to the unit's position after respawnu. They'll both be there again, and that's a three problem. This code will remove the subordinate soldier.