can anybody fill me in on what this is about?

EWyQoJr.jpg

It looks like something went wrong with determinating which asset an AI Warlord should request. Are you using a custom asset list by any chance?

• Like 1

PD2LMd7.jpg

qIu9gRm.jpg

Having this issue, I set the mission up just like the sample (albeit with custom units, though it had the same issues before I changed them).

Map is Vidda.

It seems there's something wrong with runway configurations on this map.

Is there any way to decrease the CP required to access Virtual Arsenal?

Not currently, no. Arsenal, Fast travel and Sector scan all have hard-coded costs.

Nice to hear that Warlords is becoming an official gamemode, as it is still one of my favorites even with just AI.

In regards to that, will the official version be backwards compatible with older warlords missions, and will it still be possible to define custom asset lists?

Custom asset lists will still be supported, of course. Warlords scenarios created with the Workshop version of the mode will have to be updated with new module classnames, but other than that I think they should work just fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Feel free to leave your feedback on the new version of Warlords here. You can play the mode after switching to RC branch, code Arma3Update186RC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello! Congrats on getting this into the vanilla game!

I have a few suggestions to start off:

• Placeable objects such as H-barriers, czrch hedgehogs, medical tents, et cetera to fortify towns.

• Strategic supports that you can buy to call in on a sector, such as an artillery strike, resupply drop, airstrike (LGB or Cluster), UAV, gunship (like the Blackfish and Xi'an), and possibly even things like a leaflet drop for roleplaying purposes.

• Lastly, an option to determine where reinforcements can be airdropped.

Here are also a few bugs I noticed:

• NATO has a CSAT speedboat

• NATO and CSAT have non-tropical snipers on Tanoa

Lastly, I think NATO should be able to at least use the UP Slammer and the UP Rhino instead of the default variants. A full version of the Tanoa map would also be awesome but I can see issues with AI trying to get from island to island.

• Like 2

Hi, have a problem with Warlord.
Basically, the virtual arsenal in new official Warlord MP mode is unbalanced.
I recently join an official Warlord server by Bohemia ( in RC Version ) and this :

C6862A525AE675DF791BE7110562B72ABAD4281C

Only with Vorona launcher.

When I joined the server, I have circa 50 k / 60 k of CP and just use Vorona to destroy ennemies armored and use Virtual Arsenal to ressuply myself.
The problem is, there are no restriction for virtual arsenal, I can use it in friendly or ennemy territory, disputed or not.
Just took 5 seconds and 1 000 CP to ressuply myself in combat and destroy tanks like a true war machine, like I'm cheating.
Need fix for Virtual Arsenal.

( Sorry for my bad English )

The specific problem with Arsenal in that situation is that the AI you've taken control of has amassed a ridiculous amount of Command Points. This is to do with server configuration and we'll try to find some good settings so this does not happen. Further restrictions regarding Arsenal are not out of the question either.

• Like 3

The Vorona in particular is overpowered as hell if you can keep it supplied. I make sure to leave it out of the arsenal in every mission I host because it make the game trivial.

• Like 3

Had some play time in Warlords today on Malden. Assigned to attack BLUFOR base, paradropped into its tower, shot some AI, got killed, few minutes later it got captured somehow and I don't think I've seen any OPFOR in there with lots of BLUFOR soldiers and tanks roaming around. Very unclear what's going on.

Is there any intention to allow the possibility of defining sectors by linking modules to triggers like you can with sector modules? I'm currently playing around with warlords on Takistan and I feel rectangles in particular would be more suitable than simple squares.

Not currently. I understand that rectangular sectors would make more sense for some areas, but for various technical reasons the shape needs to be fixed as a square.

• Sad 1

Just now, Jezuro said:

Not currently. I understand that rectangular sectors would make more sense for some areas, but for various technical reasons the shape needs to be fixed as a square.

Hey Jezuro.

Got to play warlord the other day for quite some time was fun.

Some things I noticed. Ai were still on careless patrol, only a 100 metres or so from a  huge firefight. was bit jarring considering the sounds of explosions and gun fire all over( noted this may just be the difficulty settings).

After some time playing my Ai squad stopped responding to mount up. I got a new Ai and he mounted first time into blackfoot.

After playing for quite some time( I had already been in a Wipeout, and Blackfoot no issues) I got a Blackwasp. when up in the sky there were visual glitches happening all around me which did not stop when I landed. ( note this could be my hardware as I mentioned playing for awhile testing the mission) after exit the mission and going to editor it was back to normal.

Just now, teabagginpeople said:

Ai were still on careless patrol, only a 100 metres or so from a  huge firefight.

I've decided to interfere with engine AI as little as possible. The benefit is that you can attack a sector stealthily without all AI units being automatically alerted to your presence, however with the drawback of situations like these.

After some time playing my Ai squad stopped responding to mount up. I got a new Ai and he mounted first time into blackfoot.

Is it possible they were trying to engage an enemy at that time or something like that? I will keep an eye out for this behavior anyway.

I got a Blackwasp. when up in the sky there were visual glitches happening all around me which did not stop when I landed.

This doesn't sound like something related to Warlords, probably your hardware acting up as you mentioned.

• Like 1

Just now, Jezuro said:

I've decided to interfere with engine AI as little as possible. The benefit is that you can attack a sector stealthily without all AI units being automatically alerted to your presence, however with the drawback of situations like these.

Understandable...Ahhh stealth this does make sense and I thought about it as being possible reasoning behind it. nice to have stealth as an option.

Just now, Jezuro said:

Is it possible they were trying to engage an enemy at that time or something like that? I will keep an eye out for this behavior anyway.

not sure Jezuro(shadow play will not work on rc or dev) I had commandeered an enemy Stryder at near beginning of playing then had been going around with the same Ai group of 4 for most the game. then after taking the airport, they would not  mount the blackfoot.. I just shot em and recruited more. should have tested was it just the newly dropped blackfoot that was the issue. not game breaking by any stretch.

Just now, Jezuro said:

This doesn't sound like something related to Warlords, probably your hardware acting up as you mentioned.

yeah I would imagine so. will test more.

Hi Jezuro

Picking up dvdbrewster Qs about HC interworking...is you mission optimized/tested to work togeter with HC? HC as such is a workaround, but for most CTI it helped to deal with more AI at server side.

Do you have a test environment with at capable server with multicore-CPU and some HC clients supporting the server?

Cheers

Similarly to potential overhaul of sector services mentioned earlier, incorporating HC support is a matter of the scope of future updates to the mode. If the playerbase is strong enough, we'll be able to invest more work into Warlords.

• Like 3

Suggestion(s):

Add option to disband AI units in your group. It saves ammo. :happy:

Add parameter to disable vehicle thermals.

Any plans for larger player count? Officially. Currently I only see 16. Was thinking 32 at least?

Victory, just in time, ran out of ammo.

BB1qmp3.jpg

• Like 1

About the Artillery and Airstrike supports, I've just one or two ideas that probably you have already thought:
- Make the artillery as support and setting high cost and in cooldown for the entire side;
-Let the players to call the artillety units but everytime that an artillery shell is fired, a marker is placed for everyone, making easier to do counter artillery.

Just now, MrStregatto said:

About the Artillery and Airstrike supports, I've just one or two ideas that probably you have already thought:
- Make the artillery as support and setting high cost and in cooldown for the entire side;
-Let the players to call the artillety units but everytime that an artillery shell is fired, a marker is placed for everyone, making easier to do counter artillery.

I guess I understood Jezuro in a way that he want to bring a CTI which is more "back to the roots". At least I hope that is that way.

Having drones flying around marking the targets and firing with hitech arty hitech shells across the entire range from 1 base into another would jeopardize that "back to the roots" idea.

Jets are bad for game idea too, I hope I see not more then transport copters in his version, everyzhing else could be done in custom versions.