I think I've found a bug, although I'm not sure if it's a bug in Warlords or in Porquerolles terrain. I've made many Warlords maps for me and my friends, but for some reason Warlords absolutely refuses to work on Porquerolles terrain. It gives me an error message and when I press play all I can see is a black screen and Warlords isn't even initializing.

This is the error message:

http://i.imgur.com/w3bjeSF.jpg

I never had any problems with Warlords or with Porquerolles, so I'm really curious what's wrong. Any ideas?

It appears there is something wrong with an airstrip definition in the map´s config.

Say I asked this befor, but was answered abruptly.. do it yourself, so let me close in some.. Headless client would be very useful, AND I've read some about putting one together, But ,

even  if Its so easy, would I not have to include it to every mission .pbo  like all other missions I see.  I would need to READ the ai/ vehicle spawns so I know what to write in the HC. then

execute on clients properly.  Seems (@Jezuro) that you could mayB do this best as you wrote the missions.?  AnyWay theres my 2 cents.. Thanks for great mission.

It would definitely be best that Warlords handles AI ownership, seeing as it is what spawns most of the AI.

Warlords does definitely benefit from a Headless Client from an efficiency standpoint, and functions nearly exactly as dvdbrewster is hinting at. However, writing a methodology INTO warlords would be a very time consuming process, AND would not be functional if you wanted to play warlords with nearly any other mod that adds or modifies units. Furthermore, someone has already done a great job to build a system that can do all this work for us AND is cross compatible if you want to dabble with other mods as well.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/184485-werthles-headless-module/

WHM does a fantastic job of converting WL AI units to a headless client, or evenly balancing them across five if you choose. It works with every mod I've ever thrown at it, I once successfully ran an Altis WL mission that used ALiVE AI instead of WL units, and had nearly 2500 "virtualized" (ALiVE) units all working seamlessly spread across four HC with server FPS at 47-49.

• Like 1

I really don't see how implementing HC integration into warlords would be time-consuming.

To my knowledge, it would simply involve Warlords handing 'ownership' of spawned AI units to an HC if one is present.

I really don't see how implementing HC integration into warlords would be time-consuming.

To my knowledge, it would simply involve Warlords handing 'ownership' of spawned AI units to an HC if one is present.

Every mission I see built by someone else has a HC folder in the missions folder.  WarLords comes with something like 12 missions.. If add to  all it could  take some time. If add to 1, it might not even launch.

HC folder? I never thought integrating a headless client into a mission involved adding a folder for it.

Every 1  I've seen has a Headless folder,  Codes to  .init folder, and descr .ext.  (server .init,+ client .init)    The offloading is written here too.

Oh well. I've never really looked into setting up HC that much; seemed like a pointlessly complex process for something that is quite unlikely to get used anyway.

• Like 1

i really love this, is it possible to lower the amount of AI ?>> my computer is on the lower scale for playing arma, but if i could just reduce the AI with lets 20-30% it would be awesome.. anyone ??? or maybe is it possible to implement any Caching system ?? iam play SP only on my own computer,.

well i managed to find the logic for it. now i want to add the garrion units to maybe Upsmon, but iam not sure on how to do this on the Mod version. if i look at the standalone i can do it, but that version is as far as i understand it demo only and not maintained.

what do i need to do to get it up to date ? anyone ?

Edited by hansson0728

Okey, so i went trough all files in the demo Mission and the latest realease of the addon and looked att whats changed, i think i got it up to date now, there are some things in SecotrSetup.Sql, that iam unsure if it should be changed,if it is related to an update or for making it compatible without addon..

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2015 at 5:04 PM, Jezuro said:

UPDATE: Version 0.92 (Jul 1 2015)

Changelog:

Added: Faction parameters in the Init module (you can specify the faction of units to garrison sectors)

Added: New scenario on Alits (Pyrgos Gulf) along with RHS version

Added: New 'Whole Altis' scenario for 64 players (no AI)

Added: New Fast Travel parameter (enabled only to owned sectors)

Added: Progress saving for LAN host

Changed: Airdrop on your location is now considerably more expansive than on an owned sector

There are 3 new parameters in the Init module dialog: BLUFOR Faction, OPFOR Faction and Independent Faction. By default, they are the config names of standard A3 factions (BLU_F, OPF_F, IND_F). If you use custom factions, they will be used as a filter when spawning the sector garrison. In the RHS version of Warlords scenarios for example, they are rhs_faction_usmc_wd, rhs_faction_vdv and rhs_faction_insurgents.

When you're hosting your own LAN game, you'll notice a new tab in the map screen labeled 'Save progress'. When you click it, it will save the progress data from your current session into your profile space. This way you can exit the game and come back later to your previous sector distribution. If you want to load the progress, just enable 'Load progress from last session' in the scenario parameters when setting up a new MP game. The progress is saved independetly for each Warlords scenario.

Note: Only the sector progress is saved, Command Points, subordinates or vehicles are not. You can increase your initial Command Points using the 'Starting Command Points' parameter to remedy this.

I try to put RHS usaf and afr,I try to change faction in INIT WARLORDS module but still come normal blufor and supports vheicles and troops is not RHS,i cancel BLU_F ORF_F and put rhs_faction_usmc_wd and rhs_faction_vdv but dont work? what i making wrong? thank you

You need to manually define a list of available assets for each faction in the mission file.

I can't remember exactly how to do it but there are instructions on the OP.

I define it in "INIT MODULES" but dont work,in file description.ext there isnt nothing about faction

you also need to make sure that you change the asset list definition from "A3DefaultALL" to I think "RHSDefaultAll". If that doesn't work let me know, someone else was asking about issues with RHS and I haven't tested it in a very long time.

Is it possible to edit the starting CP, I know you can do it in game lobby, But when I disconnect and rejoin my points start at 50  ?
I also edited the pbo parameters file, but that didn't work :)

Hi I was wondering if you could help me out. I have made my own asset list for a user made scenario. I'm 100% sure the syntax and classnames and such are all correct. The way I did it was to unpack the JEZ_Warlords.pbo file, find the CfgWLRequisitioinPresets.hpp file, edit in the new asset list then repack the whole thing back into a pbo file which replaced the original. I also remembered to change the assetlist from ''Arma3DefaultAll'' to the one I made (IRAvsFIA) in the Warlords init module. When I try to run the mission the WL module simply won't load. It doesn't give any error messages there is just nothing happening. 

Thanks.

EDIT: Apparently this change broke the entire mod since I get a message on launch that it can't find an aipathfinding sqf file it won't load any textures of the mod either (like module icons). Is there any way I can get this to work or could somebody explain to me the other way of putting in a new asset list via the description file because I don't get that one.

Edited by BurningOrphans

On 6/3/2017 at 0:37 PM, BurningOrphans said:

Hi I was wondering if you could help me out. I have made my own asset list for a user made scenario. I'm 100% sure the syntax and classnames and such are all correct. The way I did it was to unpack the JEZ_Warlords.pbo file, find the CfgWLRequisitioinPresets.hpp file, edit in the new asset list then repack the whole thing back into a pbo file which replaced the original. I also remembered to change the assetlist from ''Arma3DefaultAll'' to the one I made (IRAvsFIA) in the Warlords init module. When I try to run the mission the WL module simply won't load. It doesn't give any error messages there is just nothing happening. 

Thanks.

EDIT: Apparently this change broke the entire mod since I get a message on launch that it can't find an aipathfinding sqf file it won't load any textures of the mod either (like module icons). Is there any way I can get this to work or could somebody explain to me the other way of putting in a new asset list via the description file because I don't get that one.

The proper way to create a custom asset list is to use a custom asset list definition as outlined in jezuro's original post.

Custom asset list definition
Assets available in the Request menu can be customized by creating new class in CfgWLRequisitionPresets. You can have the config entry in an addon or put it directly into your missions's description.ext file. Syntax is following:

class CfgWLRequisitionPresets
{
    class MyWLAssetList // --- class name used in the Init module
    {
        class WEST // --- assets available for BLUFOR
        {
            class Infantry
            {
                class B_Soldier_F // --- must be asset class name
                {
                    cost = 100; // --- Command Points required
                    requirements[]={}; // --- dispositions required ("A" = airstrip, "H" = helipad, "W" = water (harbour))
                };
            };
            class Vehicles
            {
                class B_Quadbike_01_F
                {
                    cost = 50;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
            };
            class Aircraft
            {
                class B_Plane_CAS_01_F
                {
                    cost = 7500;
                    requirements[]={"A"};
                };
            };
            class Naval
            {
                class O_Boat_Armed_01_hmg_F
                {
                    cost = 500;
                    requirements[]={"W"};
                };
            };
            class Gear
            {
                class Box_NATO_Ammo_F
                {
                    cost = 200;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
            };
            class Gear_custom
            {
                class myBox1 // --- can be anything, NOT an existing CfgVehicles classname though!
                {
                    cost = 500;
                    requirements[]={};
                    template = "Box_NATO_WpsSpecial_F"; // --- existing ammobox classname (its model will be spawned)
                    displayName = "Test Box #1"; // --- name appearing in UI
                    clear = 1; // --- set to 0 if you want to keep the gear contained in the template crate
                    weapons[] = {
                        {"arifle_MX_ACO_pointer_F", 1} // --- [classname, amount]
                    };
                    magazines[] = {
                        {"30Rnd_65x39_caseless_mag", 1}
                    };
                    items[] = {
                        {"FirstAidKit", 1}
                    };
                    backpacks[] = {
                        {"B_AssaultPack_rgr_Medic", 1}
                    };
                };
            };
            class Defences
            {
                class B_HMG_01_F
                {
                    cost = 250;
                    requirements[]={};
                };
            };
        };
        class EAST // --- assets available for OPFOR
        {
            ... // --- rest of input
        };
    };
};

This might be a stupid question. I subbed to the file on steam and If I host a server it works but how do I add it to a Nitrado dedicated server?.

when I join that server it doesn't show in the mission select for me or the server mod.

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 7:33 AM, KerzaGoBoomBoom said:

This might be a stupid question. I subbed to the file on steam and If I host a server it works but how do I add it to a Nitrado dedicated server?.

when I join that server it doesn't show in the mission select for me or the server mod.

Know what I did?  I made a mod folder and added it to the server mods. @ WarLords..(the whole mod+key).  and started the server.  Works like a charm.  Everrything shows up esp if play with RHS etc.