Really excellent mod, well thought-out. Can't find servers running it though, and hosting my own will never attract anyone (because if it ain't z0mb!es...)

DEMO!

Some of you have requested a standalone version of Warlords. I was a bit reluctant at first, knowing that copying all the required functions, their refactoring and bypassing classname-based architecture would require a lot of complicated work. But I realize that not everyone is keen to installing mods, and perhaps there are some people who will change their mind after giving the demo mission a go.

The scenario is "Pyrgos Bay" and is included in the full mod package.

Here you go:

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=538597512

Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kmd9jbgtz2d5pxa/MP_Warlords_DEMO.Altis.pbo?dl=0

Thanks for the this, will get it uploaded to my Clan server soon :)

Really excellent mod, well thought-out. Can't find servers running it though, and hosting my own will never attract anyone (because if it ain't z0mb!es...)

I'm going to try and do a WL community with a few different servers with different options on various maps. Once I have it all ready I will shout and yell about it as much as I can to try and get a playerbase and hopefully we can go from there.

I'm still working heavily on the missions at this point, and server persistance is still an issue on a dedicated host (either everyone has a bajillion CP after 6 hours or the server needs restarting and progress is lost) but things are going generally smoothly. I say a month or so based of my current goals.

Ok I have decided to a Warlords gaming community and launched the first 24/7 dedicated server. As population increases I will add additional maps and modes to the rotation, as well as additional servers as needed.

wearewarlords.webs.com

• Like 1

Is it possible to add feature - sector's capture rate/speed in sector module? Small sectors were captured too quicky, almost instant, big sectors are too vulnerable for "sitting in the corner of sector and capping it"-tactics which is very annoying in game with low number of players.

@sadfrog17:

Should be fairly simple, yes.

• Like 1

In what way?

@Jezuro:

got a few error logs for you:

12:34:02 Error in expression <krName = format ["JEZ_WL_vehMarker_%1", _id];
_veh setVariable ["JEZ_WL_trackMar>
12:34:02   Error position: <_id];
_veh setVariable ["JEZ_WL_trackMar>
12:34:02   Error Undefined variable in expression: _id
12:34:02 File A3\JEZ_Warlords\functions\fn_WLVehicleHandle.sqf, line 5

12:36:39 Error in expression <attachTo [_para, [0, 1, -0.5]];
[_item, JEZ_WL_markerIndex, _orderedByAI] spawn >
12:36:39   Error position: <JEZ_WL_markerIndex, _orderedByAI] spawn >
12:36:39   Error Undefined variable in expression: jez_wl_markerindex
12:36:39 File A3\JEZ_Warlords\functions\fn_WLAirdrop.sqf, line 102

12:59:11 Error in expression <ts _newGrp < 8} do {
_newUnit = _newGrp createUnit [_unitArr select floor random>
12:59:11   Error position: <createUnit [_unitArr select floor random>
12:59:11   Error Type Any, expected String
12:59:11 File A3\JEZ_Warlords\functions\fn_WLSectorPopulate.sqf, line 52

Also there were quite a few lines of "cycle as first waypoint has no sense" and another about "cannot move directly to etc etc"

Anyone convert this to a Headless client mission yet?  Trying to see how i can make it happen...

Standalone Mission Decrease Perfomance :/...

Not sure how that would be possible, if anything it should improve performance.

@jezuro thanks for the standalone mission, tried it last night with my squad. A well worked mission  :). Going to work on a tweaked version.

Anyone convert this to a Headless client mission yet?  Trying to see how i can make it happen...

Check the steam workshop for "Werthless Headless Module", it works brilliantly.

• Like 1

@jezuro in the default a3 version how do to make a sector/module an airfield or heliport?

Its a fiiiine mod.

But I do see that while playing SP, my side mates teleport to the zone area but stay outside the actual base defences. 1-2 AIs do act as intruders to the core zone area and indulge in firefights, but rest stand outside as if this enablesimulation false. lol

But a great mod none the less :D

Its a fiiiine mod.

But I do see that while playing SP, my side mates teleport to the zone area but stay outside the actual base defences. 1-2 AIs do act as intruders to the core zone area and indulge in firefights, but rest stand outside as if this enablesimulation false. lol

But a great mod none the less :D

That maybe cause you need to run this on a server, rather than a local PC.

You mean, start a LAN game and then take it ahead? As the first post says you can solo with AI.

You mean, start a LAN game and then take it ahead? As the first post says you can solo with AI.

Perhaps, though i am unsure as i have only played this as MP mission with my Arma3 Community Group.

Perhaps, though i am unsure as i have only played this as MP mission with my Arma3 Community Group.

Ok. I will be waiting for Jezuro to help me here then :)

i could use a little help. After hours of trying to get it to work im giving in and asking for some help. I wanted to change some things in jezuro's requisition scripts. so i looked and looked and looked and finally got what i wanted, i changed the amount and types of vehicles that can be requested in the rhs version of the game. so i repacked the mod with the desired changes and made it a local mod. started multiplayer and it wouldnt let me load the mission. i clicked play and nothing happend. figuring it was because it wasnt signed, i signed the mod and made it private, im not going to try and take anything form jezuro. started it up and it the same problem happens. im wondering it this is happening because of a overflow in the cfg i changed(too much content) or if its happening because of some other reason. any help form anyone would be really nice,

Exactly - no Warlords missions appeared in the listing, but it seems that the mod was loaded correctly. This was on a dedicated linux / Debian server, mod dir was chmod 775 if that helps. On my local test machine (windows) it worked as per your screenshot.

Last reply got deleted because of server maintenance, here it is:

Make sure the server is not using mission whitelisting in server.cfg (meaning that only missions specifically allowed can be selected) - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Arma_3_-_mission_whitelisting

That's the last possible reason I can think of...

Hi. I had the same bug. I see that this is a bit late, but I found the fix

I think lukio used the files you have linked in you Dropbox. They do not seem to be the same as the MOD-files you get from Steam. I copied the files from my Steam folder to the Devserver folder, and voila - it's now fixed.

Hey man, Great work, love the missions, and the mod. In fact just made a same star wars based one for some clan mates and myself. I have a small request tho, Is there any way you could made a setting or a new module that eliminates the sector vote? So a player could assault any sector at any time or multiple players could assault 2 separate bases at the same time.

I've noticed a weird bug occuring with warlords.

When I try to order an AI piloting an aircraft to move they don't respond; and when I fly a helicopter up and then release controls to an AI, they immeditaley try to land it where it was initially delivered.

Perhaps any AI in the aircraft are following the waypoints the temporary AI that delivered them was issued?

Is there a way to use a loadout script on the IND forces that are deployed by default on the sectors? 

Hey man, Great work, love the missions, and the mod. In fact just made a same star wars based one for some clan mates and myself. I have a small request tho, Is there any way you could made a setting or a new module that eliminates the sector vote? So a player could assault any sector at any time or multiple players could assault 2 separate bases at the same time.

Having all sectors activated and accessible from the start would result in unplayable framerates. That's why the voting system was implemented in the first place. Sorry :(

I've noticed a weird bug occuring with warlords.

When I try to order an AI piloting an aircraft to move they don't respond; and when I fly a helicopter up and then release controls to an AI, they immeditaley try to land it where it was initially delivered.

Perhaps any AI in the aircraft are following the waypoints the temporary AI that delivered them was issued?

Interesting... I'll take a look, thanks!

Is there a way to use a loadout script on the IND forces that are deployed by default on the sectors? 

As I mentioned on twitter, the only thing you can change is their faction, unfortunately.