@Target_Practice:

The fixed-wing bug on unofficial maps has been fixed and will make it into the next update.

Sector vehicles are spawned if they've been predefined by the scenario designer, as mentioned in the first post:

Group size is also described there:

Ah, sorry for missing that; I should have looked more closely. Thanks for fixing that bug.

I don't mean to keep bothering you, but you mentioned you would try to fix the problems with deployment of unmanned vehicles and static objects. Is that comming soon?

Yes, also fixed already. Will be released early next week.

Sorry to bother you yet again, but the group that has been playing my Warlords missions say they would like me to implement ACE 3 if possible.

Is warlords capable of working with it, and are there any changes I need to make to the normal setup for it to work?

Great game mode! Finally something less bloated than contemporary CTI's and still the tactical complexity that makes Arma shine. Small bug to report: when you request your pre-death load out, the binocular slot always goes empty (even if you had a bino pre-death. This is with ACE3 running.

Just a heads-up: I just reported an issue with ACE3 that has a big impact on this mission. AI units that spawn within a vehicle (or parachute) are unable to use their NLAWs, making the Rifleman (AT) units rather useless. Workaround is to disable ace_disposable.pbo.

So the gamemode does actually work with ACE 3? Can anyone tell me how to get it set up?

Out of the box it works fine (expect for the NLAW-equipped troops and a minor thing with losing binoculars if you request your pre-death gear back). Just install ACE3 according to instructions and then rename ace_disposable.pbo to ace_disposable.pbo.disabled until ACE3 fixes the NLAW-related bug.

Warlords is rather conservative with changing the game core itself (it doesn't at all to be precise) as well as with pre-defined procedures expecting an exact outcome of some low-level events, meaning it's quite mod-friendly. I wanted everone to be able to enjoy Warlords, be it in vanilla or modded game.

• Like 1

I've been playing this mission solo with AI a lot, and while that's working out great, there are still some things that would really help improve it. In particular an ability to control the engagement of a sector by the AI a bit more. After you have voted for a sector to capture it would be nice if you could first define a staging area where you and the AI can group, then give a command to start the actual assault. In the mission currently the AI are doing their own thing, attacking unsynchronized with the rest, etc. Also, how do you tell the AI to defend a sector?

@Kurtosis: The thing is, you're not in charge of the other AI teams. They have the same role as you and same rules apply to them, so you giving them orders would be sidetracking from the whole concept of the mode. I agree that the AI are not really cooperating on the inter-team level, but making them wait for each other could in some cases very well halt the progress of the whole faction.

The AI will stay in a sector as long as there are enemies nearby. When they can't see any more threat, they move on to the next sector. The exception is their base, which they will start defending as soon as it's targeted by the enemy faction.

Any servers to play this online?

Also... I could not manage to install this mission... Any tip about how to install it?

After subscribing on Workshop and restarting the game, Warlords scenarios will appear when setting up a MP game. Stratis and Altis both have their dedicated missions.

If you've downloaded the .pbo's from a mirror, create a new folder in the game's root, name it '@Warlords', and run the game with parameter -mod=@Warlords.

After subscribing on Workshop and restarting the game, Warlords scenarios will appear when setting up a MP game. Stratis and Altis both have their dedicated missions.

If you've downloaded the .pbo's from a mirror, create a new folder in the game's root, name it '@Warlords', and run the game with parameter -mod=@Warlords.

I can't have it working on a Linux dedicated. The missions never appear and @Warlords is not listed in the mod list in the server selection screen (even though the console logs tells me it tries to load @Warlords)

I expect you packed the Addons subdirectory into the .pbo, did you pack "Addons" or "addons"? Not sure, but I think Linux dedi have issues with uppercase "Addons" subdirectories...

Hey Jezuro, 

Love the gamemode.

Ive been trying to add custom units and followed the instructions on the first page but I am getting a "asset dispatched to the nearest sector with proper disposition" message when I try to spawn an AC-130 (both variants) from the USAF mod. I am able to spawn any jet but for some reason those are not working.

Any thoughts?

**EDIT**

NVM Figured it out. For some reason even thought I tried with/without the airfield requirement it would not spawn. I tried setting the base to airfield and spawning but no luck.

What did work was setting the requirement to airstrip and actually being at an airfield. For some reason it did require me to be at a physical airfield rather then just having a control point set as airstrip.

@whisper:

There is a single PBO which is located in Addons folder. You can try downloading the addon and bisign with links provided in the first post of this thread and placing them in you DS addons folder manually.

@clonearmy:

You need to be in control of a sector with an actual airstrip in it, otherwise the system will locate it somewhere else on the map and spawn the aircraft there. The plane will be spawned a few km away from the landing strip itself, locked in the landing vector. It will land itself and then you can get in.

• Like 1

@clonearmy:

You need to be in control of a sector with an actual airstrip in it, otherwise the system will locate it somewhere else on the map and spawn the aircraft there. The plane will be spawned a few km away from the landing strip itself, locked in the landing vector. It will land itself and then you can get in.

Yeah thanks. With the other jets in the mod they just parachute in so it threw me off. 

Thanks for the reply

@whisper:

There is a single PBO which is located in Addons folder. You can try downloading the addon and bisign with links provided in the first post of this thread and placing them in you DS addons folder manually.

Not working.

This is the error I got :

Cannot open file '/home/arma/serverfiles/@Warlords\addons\jez_warlords'

Probably an error on my side, but I can't find what I did wrong. Too long out of ArmA server administration world :(

EDIT : nvm, found it, no more error. I renamed pbos with lowercases as error is complaining about "jez_warlords" and Linux is case sensitive.

@Jezuro

Hey man, I've got a suggestion based on my observations of my dedicated server:

I have the server set to persistant and on AutoInit so the AI wage war 24 hours a day, I added some more sectors and some other kajiggering to make it a virtual stalemate and everything is good except after a high runtime you will login to take over an AI unit and some problems show up.

1) You may occasionally log into an AI that was in a firefight, so you suddenly appear somewhere unfamilliar taking fire from an unknown location with very little situational awareness. I would suggest some sort of re-initialization of the role if possible which would solve number 2 as well.....

2) The AI don't spend CP very heavily and I have logged in to take over an AI with over 200K CP points, which has its fun points but heavily detracts from core gameplay values.

3) The waypoints the AI was instructed to follow before being taken over by a player still appear for said player and cannot be removed in any way I have discovered yet.

4) With a higher number of sectors on smaller maps the outer "locked" marker is sometimes a little too large and restricts movement in unintended ways, especially for very small sectors.

5) The AI are still getting stuck in a task triangle and locking up at various sectors. I know that doesnt tell you much but I was hoping you could tell ME a way to better observe the AI and identify the actual causes

6) I don't have a suggestion on how to implement it but a method of deploying basic military structures like sandbags and hexco's would be great.

7) as a more longterm goal, would it be possible using something like iniDB or extDB to save a players gear and CP points? After mission end it would need to be reset to prevent stockpiling into the next match.

I love your gamemode, it's practically all I do with Arma now. I have very minor abilities in scripting but lots of free time so let me know if there is any way I can help with its development.

Hi, we played Warlords today for the first time on the RHS testing server with the pre-release version of 0.3.9 and it rocks! Awesome framework! Hope you dont mind if we make our own little derivative for testing with more vehicles :)

Not at all, glad you've enjoyed yourselves. Hoping to see some ammoboxes in the next RHS update so I can add them into the RHS loadouts ;-)

Speaking of ammo boxes any chance of getting virtual arsenal added?

Loving the mission Jezuro.  A nice mix of difficulty in it.

EDIT:  Having played this exclusively for the past couple of days, I really like it.  Would it be possible to have some of the defenders (AI) taking positions in buildings, so they have to be cleared out ?

• Like 1

Hoping to see some ammoboxes in the next RHS update so I can add them into the RHS loadouts ;-)

Um... RHS already has ammo boxes. Both Russian style and US style (though the US ones are just retextured default NATO boxes). They even come in virtual ammobox flavors.

Um... RHS already has ammo boxes. Both Russian style and US style (though the US ones are just retextured default NATO boxes). They even come in virtual ammobox flavors.

Well not really, we do have boxes, but they are not maintained. Only the virtual ones are. Can these not be added to Warlords?