I really like what you've done with this addon but I would like to hide the RHS missions from view (as I prefer to keep the player side downloads to a minimum so no RHS) on a public dedicated server. The server.cfg wiki info is very vague and the Warlords missions run from a CfgMissions file anyway. Any tips on how to whitelist the missions I do want to run?

I think that's not possible, unfortunately... :(

works very well and is fun. We did some playing and also the save works like a charm. Love it.

One little item: When we restart a mission with lots of progress, the AI buys vehicles at the base and then tries to cross the island with them. Which takes very long, if they arrive at all. Depended on base location, many or even all got stuck.

maybe have another fast travel mode to allow AI to fast travel with vehicles. Or at least make the AI first fast travel to frontline and then buy vehicles?

another idea to resolve/reduce AI travel issues that just came to my mind would be to limit the AI to travel only between "connected" sectors. They would drive from sector to sector till they arrive on the front. This way the travel direction could be controlled by the placing and connection of sectors.

How do I get this to work on dedi server? Whenever I try to load #missions I get "Include file A3\JEZ_Warlords\cfgMissionParams.hpp not found." Do I need to extract the PBOs and dump the missions into MPMissions?

"

How do I get this to work on dedi server? Whenever I try to load #missions I get "Include file A3\JEZ_Warlords\cfgMissionParams.hpp not found." Do I need to extract the PBOs and dump the missions into MPMissions?

"

You have to start the Server with the Warlords Mod.

You have to start the Server with the Warlords Mod.

Perhaps it was not clear, but the warlords mod is running, yet none of the warlord missions are available for selection in the #missions window.

Could you add a variable that can be defined in asset lists to override the default method to deploy a requested unit?

Such as having a aircraft be airdropped instead of landing on a runway. This would be useful if the default method causes problems.

Edited by Target_Practice

Hey,

first of all great mod, my girldfriend and I love it so much! Thanks!

However we tried to use it with RHS and we have some problems here:

1) The server freeze after some time, happened twice when attacking the second point. The logs contained "Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.rhs_cti_insurgents". Could that be the issue? I have no full log, but I can reproduce it if you need.

2) There is no loadout under gear?

3) There is no nightvision and combined with the missing gear tab it is a little bit tricky to play at night ;-)

I'm looking forward to version 1.0! Awesome work.

Greets

skytale

@Target_Practice:

I'd rather fix the issues with the default method. Are you experiencing any?

@skytale:

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourselves!

1) If you're getting some missing addon warnings, make sure you're using the latest version of RHS. It can be found here: http://www.rhsmods.org/

2) RHS doesn't have any usable ammoboxes. I'll be introducing a new method of their configuration in one of the upcoming updates, which should aslo solve the issue #3.

@skytale:

Glad to hear you're enjoying yourselves!

1) If you're getting some missing addon warnings, make sure you're using the latest version of RHS. It can be found here: "An error has occurred skytale! You must be a registered member for at least 1 days in order to post links. You are a registered member since 0 days."

2) RHS doesn't have any usable ammoboxes. I'll be introducing a new method of their configuration in one of the upcoming updates, which should aslo solve the issue #3.

We use latest RHS 0.3.8 on a blank new server. There is only your mod and RHS, so I dont know, but for me everything looks right.

I'm looking forward for better RHS integration, RHS looks like a promising mod to me.

@Target_Practice:

I'd rather fix the issues with the default method. Are you experiencing any?

I tried adding Fixed-wing UAVs to an asset list, but they would spawn without a pilot or UAV AI and would simply crash instead of landing on a runway.

Another example, less of a problem in this case, is that I tried to add Sandbags and other static objects under defences, but instead of being placeable like manned defences they would be airdropped like vehicles.

I also have a bug report.

I just finished a whole-map Warlords mission for the terrain SMD Sahrani today, and pretty much everything works fine; however the info text and icons for a sector that appear when mousing over are placed on top of each other. (http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/439450599175344311/6294EFFFC8157A095BD6B85D6F601F0664381139/)

I assume it has something to do with the terrain, as I have made a couple of other warlords missions on other terrains which have not had this issue.

I'll take a look at those issues, thanks for your report.

It seems that Sahrani lacks some config definitions which are required for the icons to align properly. I'll add some sort of failsafe for this soon.

*EDIT: I've also found out that there can be issues with landing of purchased planes on airstrips when using some maps ported from older games, fix for this is inbound too.

Edited by Jezuro

I have another question.

Is there a variable to control maximum squad size? If there isn't, could it be added?

@Lukio: Works for me. Are you sure you're not looking for mission names with a different color than white? This is what it looks like for me after #missions command:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xcf5io1oowkbd2c/missions.jpg?dl=0

Exactly - no Warlords missions appeared in the listing, but it seems that the mod was loaded correctly. This was on a dedicated linux / Debian server, mod dir was chmod 775 if that helps. On my local test machine (windows) it worked as per your screenshot.

Last reply got deleted because of server maintenance, here it is:

Make sure the server is not using mission whitelisting in server.cfg (meaning that only missions specifically allowed can be selected) - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Arma_3_-_mission_whitelisting

That's the last possible reason I can think of...

While I'm here, can I just say thanks for making this fantastic gamemode.

Me and a group I play with have been playing rounds of it and we've had huge amounts of fun.

Gotta say great work on the mod and your missions. I've had a blast playing it, even got some of my friends list to come back to arma for some fun. Look forward to future updates.

Hi Jezuro,

First of all, what a killer game mode. I really enjoy playing it and creating my own scenarios on different maps (my favourite for it atm is Kunduz ) with your simple modular system. I have some questions though:

Whenever I create a zone following your instructions it seems to only spawn 2 INDFOR groups. 1 x  8 man squad that is static and seems to have no way-points. and a 3 man patrol that does get way-points. This seems to be the behaviour regardless of the size of the zone. I ust wanted to know if this is intended behaviour or perhaps if i have missed something vital.

Also what is the basic logic that determines how many INDFOR are spawned? (I had a peek at the logic for it and it seems to be X radius x Y radius / 25e4 ?)

I've only been scripting with sqf for for a couple of years so please excuse me if I am mistaken with that. 

Would it be possible to get an option in the zone module to determine the initial occupying force strength perhaps? I realise this is probably designed at being a TvT scenario but perhaps an option like this could also allow for some configurable PvE usage?

Also within sqf, is 25e4 the same as 25 ^ 4? just curious?

If you could give some insight into any of this I would be very appreciative.

Once again, thank you for creating such a great game mode in your spare time away from developing my favourite game of all time :)  

@JohnnyShootos:

Thank you, appreciated!

The size of enemy garrison is indeed calculated from the sector size. There is a core force which is static, and then some mobile patrols. I'm not entirely satisfied with the garrison spawning procedure either and will be improving it in one of the upcoming updates. I can imagine a parameter in the sector dialog allowing you to choose a garrison size multiplier, for instance.

25e4 = 25x10^4.

@JohnnyShootos:

Thank you, appreciated!

The size of enemy garrison is indeed calculated from the sector size. There is a core force which is static, and then some mobile patrols. I'm not entirely satisfied with the garrison spawning procedure either and will be improving it in one of the upcoming updates. I can imagine a parameter in the sector dialog allowing you to choose a garrison size multiplier, for instance.

25e4 = 25x10^4.

A garrison size multiplier sounds like a great idea. Looking forward to something like that.

Thanks for clarifying that bit of syntax for me too.

Keep up the awesome work man!

(side note: this forum looks amazing since the update)

HI,

Im trying to run this on my own PC as a LAN multiplayer game, but it seems that the AI is not getting involved, it seems to be just me and my own squad that I requested.

At the start I see lots of AI soldiers, but they just seem to run off and dissappear.

I'm using AISS mod as well.

@Jacknine: It's possible they fast-travelled to attack a sector. You can disable this feature in scenario parameters.

I have another bug report. I remember that you mentioned you were working on a fix for how fixed-wing aircraft choose landing points on custom maps.

Because of this I assume you already know about this kind of thing, but I will put this here anyway.

When I purchased a Wipeout on the SMD Sahrani map, instead of landing at Paraiso airport (which was controlled by my team and I was right next to) it landed at Pita airstrip, which was on the other side of the map and under control of the enemy team.

Also, to expand upon JohnnyShootos' question, I did assume that the garrison size was based on sector size, but what is the logic to determine if vehicles spawn within a sector?

I ask this as mechanised units spawned within some larger sectors.

Finally, is there any logic to determine the maximum size of a squad? It seems to change through the course of a game. Perhaps you could also add a way to manually control it?

Thanks in advance.

@Target_Practice:

The fixed-wing bug on unofficial maps has been fixed and will make it into the next update.

Sector vehicles are spawned if they've been predefined by the scenario designer, as mentioned in the first post:

If you want to spawn some vehicles in a sector, place them as you would normally, give them some waypoints and synchronize them all with the sector.

Group size is also described there:

Maximum size of player's group is 10 men. This number is lower at the game start and increases over time, but can also decrease if subordinates die rapidly. This is to prevent zerg rushes and give some value to their lives.