x39

XInsurgency - Lightweight Insurgency gamemode

IMPORTANT NOTE

Currently, the entire mission gets rewritte.

You can try the current version but i would not recommend porting it over yet or judging by that impression you get from the current state.

Current state just represents the performance level the mission will operate in the end!

greets

X39

and now you can continue :)

Links & Download

Steam Workshop

Armaholic

GitHub

Changelog

Version 1.2
Fixed
|- Intel spawning inside of buildings was not working (thx TDC-Insane https://github.com/X39/XInsurgency/pull/2)
|- ALTIS: Enemy friendly with Bluefor (https://github.com/X39/XInsurgency/issues/3)
|- ALTIS: Vehicle position in base (https://github.com/X39/XInsurgency/issues/4)
|- Save Inventory & auto-load inventory after death
|- AmmoCaches cant be destroyed (THANKS ARMA ... rename some more classnames please!), also made it possible that they are being destroyed now with normal explosive charges
\- Script issue when all AmmoBoxes got destroyed
Added
|- Multiple options to change the behaviour of the mission to missions parameters
\- non-optional GarbageCollector
Removed
Changed
Version 1.1 - hotfix 1
Fixed
\- Fixed syntax issue caused by missing '}' in init.sqf
Added
Removed
Changed
Version 1.1
Fixed
|- Some issue where the intel was not added correctly (always was added around spot [0,0,0]) due to objNull in ammoCache module
\- (maybe) Quads were not invulnerable
Added
\- Save Inventory & auto-load inventory after death
Removed
Changed
\- Added version message (systemChat currently) with current XInsurgency version
-|MILESTONE: Initial Release|-

Description

XInsurgency orients at the classic ArmA 2 Insurgency mission we all know and love!

It features are fairly simple but still effective:

• Optional simple vehicle spawner (changeable during mission by logged in admin or before mission)
  • SimpleToUse pseudo modules (see XLibs Insurgency and AmmoCaches module for more informations)
  • Destroy randomly spawned Ammo Caches to win the mission (pickup intel from dead enemies) (Warning! Currently there is no way to prevent the ammoCaches from spawning inside of the base)
  • Clear out ton of enemies and make the grid clear for your backup (RED grid = BAD, GREEN grid = clear)
  • Dynamic unit spawning
  • Dead enemies are respawned after ~150 seconds

Screenshots

http://x39.unitedtacticalforces.de/XInsurgency/screen1.jpg (197 kB)

http://x39.unitedtacticalforces.de/XInsurgency/screen2.jpg (196 kB)

Frequently-Asked-Questions

• How to port it to another map?

To port XInsurgency to another mission, just copy the different GameLogics over to the other mission (+ the mission folder) and youre done!

If the map you chose does not supports automatic size detection (its a config entry most custom maps dont have) you have to change the "overrideMapsize" variable insided of the gamelogics from -1 to the mapSize (see XLib for help)

Greets

X39

Edited by x39
Release 1.2
  • Like 2

HI x39 thx for the mission!

I will try it after work, but what does "Dead enemies are respawned after ~150 seconds" mean ?

Does it mean that every enemy i kill spawn after 2:50min in the same area.

Or does it mean when i die in a grid that hasn`t be cleared that the enemy spawn again when i `m in base ?

Edited by Speedygonzales

It means that if you havent cleared out the entire grid in 2:50 minutes

The enemy unit will respawn (counter is individual per unit)

Respawn via re-enforcements (trucks etc) like the original or just appear within the grid?

never saw any of those trucks

But due to the fact that currently no vehicles are inside anyway

they just respawn in the grid

Fair enough, will have to check it out tonight! Does it use the new Bi medical system/groups at all?

Fair enough, will have to check it out tonight! Does it use the new Bi medical system/groups at all?

just the revive thing as i totally forgot the group system

i will add in in next version to the default set (might also start some transitions to other islands)

Edited by X39

Just released Version 1.1 with some smaller changes

also added it to GitHub (will be reorganized soon to support multiple islands with just one codebase, thus forking might not make much sense yet)

Changelog

Version 1.1
   Fixed
       |- Some issue where the intel was not added correctly (always was added around spot [0,0,0]) due to objNull in ammoCache module
       \- (maybe) Quads were not invulnerable
   Added
       \- Save Inventory & auto-load inventory after death
   Removed
   Changed
       \- Added version message (systemChat currently) with current XInsurgency version

meh ... should test even the smallest features ...

hotfix 1

Changelog:

Version 1.1 - hotfix 1
   Fixed
       \- Fixed syntax issue caused by missing '}' in init.sqf
   Added
   Removed
   Changed

Edited by X39

I X39 ! Nice Insurgency !

i already port in Zargabad with ACE :)

But if i want to add a param to configure the number of ammo cache, where can i call my params define in Description.ext ? In your AmmoCache Gamelogic ? in line : this setVariable ["Count", "5"]; ? and i replace "5" by "'NumberOfAmmoCache' call BIS_fnc_getParamValue;"

Can i add it here or in your script "X39_XLib_AmmoCaches.sqf" ?

Thx you :)

Edit :

in my description.ext :

class NumberOfAmmoCache
{
	title = "Number of Ammo Caches";
	values[] = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10};
	texts[] = {"1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9", "10"};
	default = 5;
};

in your Logic AmmoCaches

this setVariable ["Count", "'NumberOfAmmoCache' call BIS_fnc_getParamValue"];

And it's work :)

Edited by pokertour

Hey X39, thanks for the mission!

Just wondering how to change the types of units that spawn, for example I want to add the units from Leights OPFOR pack to the mission.

it is working in first post (just wasnt working in my post due to the great C&P provided by the vbulletin board during WYSIWYG editing ... but thats fixed too now)

Hi X39 !

I have ported your insurgency on Kunduz with Leight OPFOR pack. But sometimes IA spawn out of upstairs they fall and die.

They spawn in groups and will begin in formation. I have a solution for it like [_unit] join grpNull ; in your CreateUnit.sqf

But the problem then they react badly to shots

Do you have solution for this or not ?

Thx you

Edited by pokertour

Hi X39 !

I have ported your insurgency on Kunduz with Leight OPFOR pack. But sometimes IA spawn out of upstairs they fall and die.

They spawn in groups and will begin in formation. I have a solution for it like [_unit] join grpNull ; in your CreateUnit.sqf

But the problem then they react badly to shots

Do you have solution for this or not ?

Thx you

problem lays in the arma AI system

normally they all get spawned in a single group (one group per unit wont work due to the fact that arma has a group limit of ~130) so that they receive all AI calculation

putting them in a null group will not cast every calculation on that given unit

thus they do what they do then

Awesome misson, I'm looking forward to seeing this come to fruition. Good job X39, if you need any help with testing feel free to contact me via steam(SwedFTP).

I was wondering if extra features like the medical system were able to be disabled? I plan on using ACE with an INS mission & prefer the ACE way of doing things. I love the idea of having a lightweight base that can be extended with plug-ins.

Keep up the good work,

meZee

Awesome misson, I'm looking forward to seeing this come to fruition. Good job X39, if you need any help with testing feel free to contact me via steam(SwedFTP).

I was wondering if extra features like the medical system were able to be disabled? I plan on using ACE with an INS mission & prefer the ACE way of doing things. I love the idea of having a lightweight base that can be extended with plug-ins.

Keep up the good work,

meZee

the arma respawn system is a respawnTemplate thus yeah

you simply have to remove it out of the description.ext

the mission itself is just a base where you can build your Insurgency version ontop

feel free to do that (by forking for example)

might even start linking some variants here too

it is working in first post (just wasnt working in my post due to the great C&P provided by the vbulletin board during WYSIWYG editing ... but thats fixed too now)

It's still not working. It gives me this error.

{"success":false,"error":"file not found or you are not allowed to access file","content":[]}

It's still not working. It gives me this error.

whoops

path was incorrect thus nobody could download it

fixed

I'm going test this mission with my clan tonight, I'm just trying to figure out how it's working (not the gameplay, I know how insurgency works) and noticing some bugs in Altis version

- The parameter for respawning I presume is for the player side faction vehicle, after how much time the vehicle respawn?

- When I get in a vehicle I got this error: "Cannot load texture a3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\ranks\_gs.paa"

- No objective, no briefing.

- There is two respawn marker in base one called "respawn_west" as usual the other is "respawn_west_1" what is for?

I'm trying to make an ACE version with pre equipped players.

[...] The parameter for respawning I presume is for the player side faction vehicle, after how much time the vehicle respawn? [...]

ehhhh what?

[...] When I get in a vehicle I got this error: "Cannot load texture a3\ui_f\data\gui\cfg\ranks\_gs.paa" [...]

Its an issue with the name & rank display script of mine ... its gonna be fixed in next version (but you can ignore it safely)

[...] No objective, no briefing. [...]

yup ...

feel free to add one and create a pull request on github :P

[...] There is two respawn marker in base one called "respawn_west" as usual the other is "respawn_west_1" what is for? [...]

the respawn_west is for the generic respawn position whilst the second/third/... marker is for the respawn templates spawn position selection

hope i could help

X39

ehhhh what?

Never mind, forgive my bad english. After a while I realized what was the "Vehicle Spawn" parameter.

We tryied your map the altis version with our modset :

- CBA

- TFAR

- ACE

- ASDG JR

- NATO SF & Spetznaz

- FHQ Accessories

I found some bug I fixed myself and some other bugs:

1- Enemy are friendly with bluefor, so nobody will shoot you, I had to modify the parameter inside "Advanced intel" and set indipendent friendly to nobody

2- Random respawn in base cause destruction of all vehicles in base and keep going this way in a loop. Maybe some of our teammate destroyed some vehicle inside the base (read bug #3) but respawn need to remove wreck first.

18911320260_57cbaa89e0_b.jpgXinsurg_bug (3) by Dumedo, on Flickr

18911320230_7e3710b4cc_b.jpgXinsurg_bug (2) by Dumedo, on Flickr

3- Positioning of helicopter in base is made wrong, every time you try to take off with chinook you explode. Same in vehicle spawn location, it's too small.

4- We play with ACE respawn and rallypoint, I have script to automatically equip players unit (named a1, a2.. b1, b2 etc.) then when we die an ACE module save our loadout and we respawn with same loadout.

In your mission I removed all respawn except respawn_west, place 14 more playable units named a1..a7 and b1..b7 everyone of us used this playable units, then I removed this in your description.ext :

respawnTemplates[] = {"Revive", "MenuPosition"};
respawnOnStart = -1;

I place on map all my usual ACE module for respawn and rally point etc, all the usual stuff I got (and work fine) in several mission I made with ACE and the other modset we use on our server.

Problem is that when you die or you hit esc -> respawn, you respawn with default loadout (like the one you have when you just place a soldier in editor) so every time you need to go to virtual arsenal and load your equipment. Don't know what could be broken, maybe some incompatibility on some of your respawn script? I need to remove something else?

5- Dead enemy respawn is bad imho, put more time or more enemy and no respawn or put a parameter and let the players choose

7- No AI shoot at our choppers, never. Are there any AA enemy units or enemy AA artillery?

8- No enemy vehicles?

9- Found enemy ammo box, put several satchel of any type but ammo box is indestructible and we had no message for ammobox destroyed. After many satchel we still could see the inventory list inside the ammo box with all the stuff inside.

18911503948_7f75069cb8_b.jpgXinsurg_bug (9) by Dumedo, on Flickr

10- We finally managed to find a chopper (a Ghost) and then we fly to the ammobox location, when landend fps where extremely low I got 13/15 FPS everyone had low FPS, I suppose the cause was we flew over many red sector activating them. Could you deactivate a sector after some minutes of inactivity or when players are far away?

Sorry long post and bad my english it's too late for me, nite ;)

Edited by DuM3D0