Sign in to follow this  
AZCoder

kbTell Requires Radio to Speak?

I am trying to build a mission where you can converse with civilians. I am using the FSM system for conversation, but found that even if I just use kbTell by itself, you can't hear a thing. Their lips move and the text appears, but no sound. After a lot of troubleshooting, I found that if I give them a radio, sound suddenly comes out of theirs mouths. So further testing has shown that if I remove my radio, but everyone else has a radio, I can hear them talk, but no words come out of my character's mouth. This is all short distance conversations, like right in the face. Is this a bug?

While I can give everyone a radio, I hate to think the dialog is dependent upon a radio being in possession at all times. Has anyone run into this before?

Thanks!

I've also encountered this problem, and yeah forcing them to have a radio does seem to be the only way to make it work. I will admit I've only tried using Bis_fnc_kbTell, if I remember correctly trying to use false in the force radio argument there doesn't work.

Thanks, I was going to try the forceRadio last night but I had already spent hours on this and you have to fill in those extra arrays and I was too tired to figure out how to bypass that just to forceRadio, but I did that now, and it still doesn't work as Jona33 mentioned.

It's looking like a bug. I just checked my very first Arma 2 mission, you start off without a radio, and there's a conversation with kbTell commands. Works fine (in A2).

If I can't find a bug report on it, I will make one. Thanks!