Sign in to follow this  
thefinn

Quick Question about removing mods.

I made a mission that required a particular mod, I removed all the units I was using from that mod and removed the mod. However, still cannot load the mission without the mod.

Any way around redoing it from scratch ?

Go into your mission.sqm and under required mods or w/e, delete anything that isn't vanilla. I'd personally show you but I'm typing from.my phone

Like AtinAkiri says edit your sqm manually.

This is going about only for two subclasses.

For example:

addOns[]=
{
	"A3_Structures_F_Civ_Camping",
	"A3_Structures_F_EPA_Items_Medical",
	"A3_Structures_F_Civ_Dead",
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Helipads",
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_BagFence",
	"A3_Structures_F_Heli_Items_Airport",
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Flags",
	"A3_Modules_F_Multiplayer",
	[b][color="#FF0000"]"alive_mil_logistics"[/color][/b]
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"A3_Modules_F_Multiplayer",
[b][color="#FF0000"]	        "rhsusf_c_troops",
	"lop_faction_aa",
	"alive_mil_ied",
	"lop_faction_am",
	"alive_mil_placement_custom",[/color][/b]
	"A3_Weapons_F_Ammoboxes",
	[b][color="#FF0000"]"RHS_US_A2_AirImport",[/color][/b]
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Helipads",
	"A3_Structures_F_Heli_Items_Airport",
	"A3_Structures_F_Mil_Flags"

};

The last modules entries have no commas at end. Be aware.

B - modules from custom addons.

Edited by DaVIdoSS

Wish BIS would fix this!

Can't believe this is still going on...

This is quite annoying. I extracted the PBO (why the heck do I have to do this? Why can't I remove stuff within the editor so it's REALLY removed?). I deleted the entire subclasses. Yes, I kid you not... this is what I have:

version=12;
class Mission
{
	addOns[]=
	{

};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{

};
	randomSeed=2991469;

And it still tells me it's expected the mod that was deleted. But since the last post is months old, I don't think any solution will come up. I'll just start over... Spending another 3 hours on redoing everything seems actually easier than tracking down why my server won't load that one mod and why I can't just remove it from the mission.

This is quite annoying. I extracted the PBO (why the heck do I have to do this? Why can't I remove stuff within the editor so it's REALLY removed?). I deleted the entire subclasses. Yes, I kid you not... this is what I have:

version=12;
class Mission
{
	addOns[]=
	{

};
	addOnsAuto[]=
	{

};
	randomSeed=2991469;

And it still tells me it's expected the mod that was deleted. But since the last post is months old, I don't think any solution will come up. I'll just start over... Spending another 3 hours on redoing everything seems actually easier than tracking down why my server won't load that one mod and why I can't just remove it from the mission.

But have you tried rearranging your vehicles/units in mission.sqm so you exclude the mod classnames manually?

Say you have under class Vehicles:

class Item25
        {
		position[]={2500,5,2000};
		azimut=240;
		offsetY=-4.7683699e-007;
		id=28;
		side="EMPTY";
		vehicle="Land_CncWall4_F";
		skill=0.40000001;
	};

And suppose "Land_CncWall4_F" is an addon. Replace it with a valid classname to avoid having to renumber everything.

But have you tried rearranging your vehicles/units in mission.sqm so you exclude the mod classnames manually?

Say you have under class Vehicles:

class Item25
        {
		position[]={2500,5,2000};
		azimut=240;
		offsetY=-4.7683699e-007;
		id=28;
		side="EMPTY";
		vehicle="Land_CncWall4_F";
		skill=0.40000001;
	};

And suppose "Land_CncWall4_F" is an addon. Replace it with a valid classname to avoid having to renumber everything.

I can certainly try your advice and report back to you.

I figured removing all entries in that section should have an effect. I was expecting it to break the editor completely, since I removed every single unit type that I've used on the editor. It didn't phase the editor one bit that none of the units were defined. Right now I'm thinking I could write an all-star cast of Walt Disney in that section and the editor wouldn't care.

I'll get back to you once I've tried your method. :)

Edit: No effect. I packed the .sqm and extracted the resulting .pbo to verify and yes, all entries are replaced with another - valid - unit (verified with a ctrl-f search) , it still asks for the unit that I wanted to remove.