Sign in to follow this  
polishmartyr

Arma 3 mid-game crash errors

crash%2001_zpsa0sallf1.png

crash%2002_zpswsigknwt.png

Just recently started happening. Started playing on a modded server. Got a slightly different message the first time. Different series of letters and numbers (0x0120da6c). So after I tried it twice on modded servers I went and verified cache. Everything fine there. Tried to do a normal server and same thing happened after getting into a vehicle and driving for a while (both error images are from that instant). Not sure if there is a solution. Seemed to start to happen after a recent hotfix I been told.

According to the first error message, i'd start and check the RAM. Use google how to do that, isn't too hard.

According to the first error message, i'd start and check the RAM. Use google how to do that, isn't too hard.

I ran a test on my RAM. Everything seemed fine there. Then checked how much RAM I have and its 8 GB. Just like I always had. Running Windows 8 64bit.

UPDATE: I recently updated my graphic driver as well since that was suppose to be a solution and with same results. Crashing 10 minutes into the game. I was also doing it in first person only as well.

UPDATE: Whatever is causing this error had to have happened after last Saturday evening. That was the last time I can recall playing Arma 3 perfectly fine without any errors. This is also the only game I am getting the error on as well. Do not know if there was an update or patch of some kind that happened during that time frame.

Edited by PolishMartyr

That looks like the same error I started getting today (was working on Thursday) but I can't even get A3 to run http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=192643

I did update from Catalyst 15.4beta to 15.5beta yesterday but I tried putting a few different driver dlls in the A3 folder and it didn't make any difference. All the other games I've tried work fine.

Getting the exact same error windows after about 10 minutes. Back in crashiville. Wonderful.

Something BAD was introduced with that last update. Guess it's not a GPU related problem since we have people on AMDs getting the same deal.

Getting the exact same error windows after about 10 minutes. Back in crashiville. Wonderful.

Something BAD was introduced with that last update. Guess it's not a GPU related problem since we have people on AMDs getting the same deal.

I'm sure I was fully updated on Thursday as I wouldn't have been able to play online Co-Op otherwise and there haven't been any updates since then have there?

---------- Post added at 02:25 ---------- Previous post was at 00:37 ----------

I found the problem for me was Radeon Pro, so something about the 15.5beta must not get along with that. I tried unticking all the options in RP that I'd enabled in the A3 profile but it only started working when I completely disabled the profile (Disable API Monitoring and Disable Auto-Detection).

So I tried a bit more today. Just left my game running on a wasteland server and nothing happened. Eventually got kicked for being idle. Then I tried to just run around on foot for a good couple towns. Nothing. Jumped right into a vehicle. Crash.

Same Same Same Same

Since last weekend. Started as GTXI fail. Is now this exact error. Started as random crash at random time. Now Arma 3 will not open. Fail now comes 100% of the time before intro and splash screen.

Arma 3 is totally dead to me now.

I have done all the things you do. Verify, Uninstall, etc. I have 2000 hours in Arma. Same hardware. Same software setup. I play many other games with ZERO issues. The problem is not with me. It is with Arma.

Arma. I love you. Even though I really shouldn't. Please fix?

I unistalled everything including 71GB of mods. Reinstalled without the mods and still same result.

I started getting the same error as OP after last A3 update. Usually happens when playing Epoch or the such opening gun case or cabinet etc etc. Also has happened on KOH and plain old nila. So is not related to mods. I also checked ram etc etc and system is running as it should. So hate to say this I am positive it has to do with last update.

Same here, this random error come out with the latest update. I see that in June 10 was a hotfix update, but this not help. The same memory error pop up randomly. Developers have seen this Thread? because it seems that none cares and we are many users that have the SAME PROBLEM.

me and my squad are also getting this error now. It is happening randomly across all our machines . A restart solves it for the short term but then it will randomly crash again. It has got to be the last arma hotfix that did this. Can any dev please respond to this . is this a known issue ? As it's definitely game breaking.

OK GENTLEMEN, with and without mods single player, multiplayer and while in the editor. since the hotfix june 8 update 1.46 i am continuing to get random crashes to the desktop. with the error arma 3 has stopped working. i have cleared space on my hard drive for vram. swapped ram cards out. (being a mobile warrior i am constantly changing ips. hotel connections mostly with 1 mps and higher download and upload speeds.) disabled malloc. turned off HT. i am at a lost everywhere i search it is either an old post or appears that no one is trying to resolve this issue. everyone is passing the blame to someone else. please look into this issue.

i was going to attach my .rtp .mdmp and my .bidimp but have no way to do that here. so i will copy and paste this posting to the dev branch.

Same issue here. It only started happening after the most recent hotfix/patch. I've tested with and without mods. For whatever reason, without mods I get crashes when helicopters get near me. If I don't crash from that, then the game kills itself a few minutes later anyway. I don't know what to do besides wait for a fix.

Deleted old profiles and created a new one. Seemed to work. Get back soon after my clan game session tomorrow.

I have not created a new profile but friends of mine that buy the game 3 days before have the same randoms error. They have fresh instalations and new profiles and got the memory error like me.

I have not created a new profile but friends of mine that buy the game 3 days before have the same randoms error. They have fresh instalations and new profiles and got the memory error like me.

If they created a new profile before the hotfix then the potential solution will not work.

I can confirm that creating a new windows profile fixes the issue. It sucks that i have to switch all the time to play, but it works well enough.

I can confirm that creating a new windows profile fixes the issue. It sucks that i have to switch all the time to play, but it works well enough.

I thought he meant create a new ArmA profile, not a Windows one. Both are pretty drastic but the latter even more so, as it means switching to a new account to play ArmA3 where none of my other programs that I use with Arma3 will be setup.

Either way it means losing all our key bindings, which is a major pain as it's taken me about a year to tweak them how I like them. Can we just copy the relevant config file across to the new profile to avoid that?

I thought he meant create a new ArmA profile, not a Windows one. Both are pretty drastic but the latter even more so, as it means switching to a new account to play ArmA3 where none of my other programs that I use with Arma3 will be setup.

Either way it means losing all our key bindings, which is a major pain as it's taken me about a year to tweak them how I like them. Can we just copy the relevant config file across to the new profile to avoid that?

I looked it up and it appears that you can find it in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\Arma 3. I haven't done it myself as my controls are all defaults, but the details are explained in this thread. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148934-Possible-to-copy-controls-settings-to-new-profile

If they created a new profile before the hotfix then the potential solution will not work.

My friends bought the game around june 18-19. And the hotfix was June 11, so they installed the game and created the profile after the hotfix.