Sign in to follow this  
rtek

Helicopter Vehicle Sling Load by AI

Can anyone explain how to get an AI controlled heli to sling load an empty vehicle, or an occupied vehicle. Have it deliver the payload to a drop location, and release the vehicle safely.

I have tried to place in editor an AI heli, with a waypoint set to Lift Cargo. Under that waypoint i place an empty offroad truck. Then I put a second way point set to release cargo.

The heli will fly over the vehicle, decrease altitude as though it were going to do something, the flies away. I've even tried various configurations using the Sling Load module, by linking it to the empty vehicle, to the heli, or even to both.

Are there certain vehicles that just cannot be picked up, are not yet working or something?

Edited by RTEK

Can anyone explain how to get an AI controlled heli to sling load an empty vehicle, or an occupied vehicle. Have it deliver the payload to a drop location, and release the vehicle safely.

I have tried to place in editor an AI heli, with a waypoint set to Lift Cargo. Under that waypoint i place an empty offroad truck. Then I put a second way point set to release cargo.

The heli will fly over the vehicle, decrease altitude as though it were going to do something, the flies away. I've even tried various configurations using the Sling Load module, by linking it to the empty vehicle, to the heli, or even to both.

Are there certain vehicles that just cannot be picked up, are not yet working or something?

It should definitely work with the waypoints. Just make sure that the helicopter is strong enough to lift the vehicle.

Also make sure the lift cargo waypoint is attached to the vehicle in question. To do this place the vehicle first then create the waypoint by doubleclicking the vehicle while in waypoint mode.

If that doesn't help I'll give it a repro when I'm back from work. What vehicles are involved?