MoreAgm

For the Love of GOD please remove weapon selection from action menu (scroll wheel)

Who cares about a new terrain

Who cares about an expansion

Who cares about new game modes

When the core mechanics, controls , and performance are clunky and unoptimized .

The developers of Arma 3 really should check their priorities years ago !!!j

The biggest problem with performance/optimization is that it requires low level changes.

And I mean fixing legacy engine bottlenecks which would bring big performance gains and

big optimization changes.The problem is that it's unlikely to do that while people need

working game.Why wouldn't game work while doing low level changes?

Think completely rebuilding house foundation.Walls would likely collapse,

become unstable during the process.In game terms it would mean that it would have lots

of bugs, game crashes.It would take long time too to develop and fix engine problems

from programmers side.

That is why this things are done in pre production/production of new game (arma 4) so

they aren't obstructed by need of working game (since players aren't playing their build)

core mechanics, controls, clunky often falls into lower engine category again.Not all of

them but some.Since you haven't been specific I can't say what can and what can't

be likely fixed.As the above when trying to fix let's say actions menu they would

have to figure out if is doable in time frame vs good enough outcome?What are

the blockers?How long would it take to fix them?The problem is that things are

interconnected.We have to pay attention that it doesn't break AI functions, that

it has legacy so it doesn't break major system that modders may use often, then

you may have action menu is tied to certain simulation that needs fixing first...

And at the end it falls down to priorities - is it worth it in comparison with

time/manpower that we can spend on something else?

Edited by enex

long story short: let's keep arma clunky and broken for another decade just because it's more work than simply superficially updating graphics and assets. sounds like a plan. sold ok before. it's not like adding more and more ontop the old architecture is gonna make substantial changes easier.

it's very easy to over and over explain to people the time and money thing, with the same old "let daddy explain you how the world works" speech, everytime a new arma comes out and has the same old problems, because well, it's released now, whatcha gonna do, right? ofc people judge the current game after they get their hands on it. otherwise you'd have to foresee how arma 4 turns out exactly and give feedback on that? how's that gonna work?

i'll be honest, i didn't expect the scroll menu to make a come back...but here it is again. tadaaa! bummer...

i'll be honest, i didn't expect the scroll menu to make a come back...but here it is again. tadaaa! bummer...

This was my #1 thing that I expected to be removed. Oh but look what we still got in here. Maybe in the expansion... At least the direction has been right.

I never advocated to keep action menu in a first place - I remember I linked dsy. video of action menu problems when it came out

to a forum threads to show it more people.But I do understand troubles of tackling problems that are in engine from it's first days.

BI has mentioned that they are working on it and want to revamp the current system.

link?

ARMA would be super trash the way it runs

its only the mods that save this game

Yeah, just to chime in: the scrollwheel action menu is garbage and needs to be redone, and it should've been redone by now. Door open needs to be a separate key, eject needs to actually work as a separate key, weapon selection shouldn't be in it (nor should open door once the key is set up), and really no action that actually has a key assigned should be in the menu. Doors shouldn't be openable if you don't have your cursor over their space (not the physical door, since it's hard to look at when opened, but rather the opening itself), and they need to increase the distance it works at for a lot of doors.

The reason the game got complicated is because the mass of multiplayer users wanted it that way and gravitated towards these servers. The game has been designed as a highly moddable sandbox, and for some odd reason everyone's playing heavily modified sandbox missions...

I find the complaining about KOTH particularly funny, because aside from the kiosks (dear God, the kiosks!), it's extremely simple: have the most people in a zone. The kiosks aren't really complicated either. Ranking up is a standard aspect of nearly every MP shooter for the last 5-10 years. Dude's yelling at clouds to get off his lawn.