Sign in to follow this  
bhcluster

Map overspill

According to this post in order for infinite terrain to work you just need to put the following in the config:

class OutsideTerrain

{

satellite = "jsp\abc_sample\Data\s_satout_co.paa";

enableTerrainSynth = 1;

class Layers

{

class Layer0

{

nopx = "jsp\abc_sample\data\abc_sample_grass_green_nopx.p aa";

texture = "jsp\abc_sample\data\abc_sample_grass_green_co.paa ";

};

};

};

Edited by tgm0

According to this post in order for infinite terrain to work you just need to put the following in the config:

So this down to Arma 3 and not mistake on my behalf?

Why do you think are Altis and Stratis islands with water around? ;)

Not at all your mistake, but if you add the lines above to your config file, it should give you a nice and seamlessly varied terrain outside the map borders, generated automatically by the game engine.

I haven`t tried it myself yet to see if its working in Arma 3 though as some reported having issues and some not.

Give it a try and let us know.

Why do you think are Altis and Stratis islands with water around? ;)

That's why I was wondering why all of the terrain tutorials are based on islands.

Not at all your mistake, but if you add the lines above to your config file, it should give you a nice and seamlessly varied terrain outside the map borders, generated automatically by the game engine.

I haven`t tried it myself yet to see if its working in Arma 3 though as some reported having issues and some not.

Will do, and @tgm0 thank you so much for all your help.

I do not mean to go off topic and I'm very sorry if this offends you in anyway I just can't seem to start a new topic and I don't know any may anyone help me?

P.S. again I'm sorry for invading ur thread like this.

That is if it works. Last time I checked bi borked outside terrain and when enabled it crashes a3